Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.3.0

I've no idea how you do it, it's just a bog standard 4-4-2 tactic with players no better than average for the division, never mind Europe. I'd struggle to get out of League 2 with Elgin, particularly in the first couple of seasons, as they have one of the worst squads in the league, and you hardly brought anyone in.

Beats me.

This FM is the first FM ive ever used 4-4-2. And I used a defensive formation for some of the away games. The whole save was built around a story I made which can be found in the FMstories section, so your welcome to read the story of how I got the team promoted to league 1.

Mostly it was down to 2 strikers that worked well together. I regularly play the bottom divisions in Scotland and they are very easy. I find at least. League 1 is probably the easiest out of all the leagues and the championship was probably the toughest.

I think maybe one of the successes in my teams is the fitness due to me training that 24/7?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sorry I'm talking about general team training, not individual training - I assumed my players would get fitter more quickly if my team training focus was on "fitness".

Does individual player training override team training? I thought they co-existed?

Yes so am I, general team training as I understand it is totally to do with CA point distribution.

The fitness general team training covers all the physical attributes + work rate. Leaving it on fitness will allocate more earned CA points to those attributes and less to others and even cause reallocation of CA points over time.

I've no idea how individual training affects the team training, I would guess they co-exist in some way.

Are you seriously suggesting teams don't play players in reserve games in real life to bulk up match fitness?

They do, but the more common choice is to put them straight into the starting eleven once they are fit. The more important the player, the less likely he is to play reserve matches to regain match fitness. Are you seriously suggesting that what every manager on earth does with all his players is to, after an injury for instance, field them in the reserve team for 2-4 matches before they -dare- to use them in competitive matches at all?

They do, but the more common choice is to put them straight into the starting eleven once they are fit. The more important the player, the less likely he is to play reserve matches to regain match fitness. Are you seriously suggesting that what every manager on earth does with all his players is to, after an injury for instance, field them in the reserve team for 2-4 matches before they -dare- to use them in competitive matches at all?

Surely it depends on the length of time off due to the injury, 1-2 weeks and no problem straight back in, any longer and match fitness has dropped, so a game in the reserves wil do the player the world of good.

Forget rolling back patches argument. It's not viable, I would rather they just fixed problems that they have created themselves. Such as issues with the editor that the we patch now takes the functions away for.

I really don't know how you can charge £4 for a editor with features and then not fix the problems that arise with it. When you're charging for it, you have more of a responsibility than the other stuff people want patched. I honestly believe if they now can't deliver an editor that they charge people for then everybody should be refunded. I bet trading standards would have interesting information on this topic...

Forget rolling back patches argument. It's not viable, I would rather they just fixed problems that they have created themselves. Such as issues with the editor that the we patch now takes the functions away for.

I really don't know how you can charge £4 for a editor with features and then not fix the problems that arise with it. When you're charging for it, you have more of a responsibility than the other stuff people want patched. I honestly believe if they now can't deliver an editor that they charge people for then everybody should be refunded. I bet trading standards would have interesting information on this topic...

Is the editor that bad? :eek:

Not in the slightest, no.

I'm just making a point really. Of course I'm not interested whatsoever in trading standards and the like. Just think it's very dodgey ground if they don't even attempt to fix it, considering people paid extra for it but there goes.

I think SI probably will fix it eventually, just hopefully it's not just for fm16.

Yes so am I, general team training as I understand it is totally to do with CA point distribution.

The fitness general team training covers all the physical attributes + work rate. Leaving it on fitness will allocate more earned CA points to those attributes and less to others and even cause reallocation of CA points over time.

I've no idea how individual training affects the team training, I would guess they co-exist in some way.

Fair enough - that seems quite confusing then. I assumed that setting team training to fitness would mean the team does more physical training, and thus would have a better level of fitness going into the start of the season.

How then can I ensure my players work more on their fitness levels in the pre-season without just playing lots of friendlies?

Fitness and match fitness are not the same thing. Fitness is everything concerning physical attributes - match fitness is more like; how familiar are you to playing in competitive matches? Sharpness. Are you mixing the two?

But you are both right when it comes to general training: Setting general team training to Fitness would indeed mean that players train more in the fitness related attributes, at the cost of less training in other attributes. That would of course mean that CA "points" gains would be distributed biased towards fitness related attributes. There's no controversy there. Individual training would just be added to that in a simple manner, I believe. Meaning that some attributes could get additional emphasis, others not. Team training focus does not mean that your player(s) don't train attributes outside of that focus at all - it just a bias. Individual training though only adds training focus on the attributes chosen, either as a single focus or as part of role training. That's my understanding, and - I would argue - sensible compared to how we perceive the real world.

To have your players get back their fitness (physical condition) lost after a long break - like the off-season - you set them to focus on fitness (with high intensity). To get them back to good match fitness you play them in matches, friendly or competitive. My approach in pre-seasonis to set team training to focus on fitness, at very high intensity, and remove any individual training focus. For 3-4 weeks. But fitness focus won't do anything for match fitness - only playing matches can help with that.

But to give another perspective my team training stays at balanced 100% of the time.

In pre-season all I do is play them, I don't alter training and I've found its better to give them a complete match than several 45-60mins of matches.

My reasoning for having the team on fitness 100% of the time is that I don't want players focusing on things that they don't need to. And out of all the general training options I felt fitness was something that would benefit every player.

But it could just be a placebo effect. General training might do absolutely nothing.

Match Preparation doesn't seem to do anything for me at all, I have that set to teamwork 100% of the time yet I see no major changes to the teamwork attribute but then is match preparation meant to improve attributes?

Match Preparation doesn't seem to do anything for me at all, I have that set to teamwork 100% of the time yet I see no major changes to the teamwork attribute but then is match preparation meant to improve attributes?

Match prep does nothing for attributes.

Match prep gives you six options:

Teamwork - This improves how well your team connect on the pitch and can be viewed via the assistant manager > Team Talk Feedback page. Usually says something like "The players have a good understanding of each other" or similar

Match Tactics - This improves the understanding of the tactics saved on the tactics screen and increases the rate your players become familiar with them.

The other four (Defensive positioning, attacking movement, defending set pieces & attacking set pieces) give your team a small boost to whichever area you choose for your next match.

And also; Team work and Match Tactics are cumulative. Which means the more often you use that match prep, and the more of the training time you allocate to it, the more/faster will your team's "understanding" of your tactics, and your team cohesion, improve. Up to a point where you can't get it any higher, and then any further use of those match prep focuses will be of no use. The other four are not cumulative, they are strictly temporary, next match only.

Edit: I feel that this should be in the tactics & training forum, but hey ...

I´ve noticed one thing that I would call a bug, it is the one thing connected to the shirt numbers. The first time I noticed this error was in the latest update to FM14, when I played that game. When I bought FM15 I noticed it´s the same thing, before and after the new update. In several leagues, for example: Sky Bet Championship, Eredivisie, Superettan payers that doesn´t have a shirt number in the editor all of the sudden have a shirt number in the game. How come? In FM14 this bug also included the teams in the english Premier League, but that doesn´t happen now.

It really irritates me :p

Ok I've had a look at Hairycull's save and extracted some stats to compare against my save that I posted on the last page.

This is my reply to him which I've sent via PM but I want to add it here where people can perhaps use it to match against their own:

Ok matching up a few stats.

Number of Injuries

From my post in the feedback thread (#1638) which covered approx 7 months/38 matches

My 25 man squad suffered 17 injuries broken down as:

13 – 0 injuries

9 – 1 injury

2 – 2 injuries

1 – 4 injuries (Injury prone)

In comparison your stats for July-Dec 2019 (6 months/47 matches)

Your 23 man squad suffered 16 injuries broken down as:

11 – 0 injuries

8 – 1 injury

4 – 2 injuries

Your five injury prone players contributed 5 injuries (1, 0, 2, 1, 1).

Overall very similar and not something I would be concerned about.

Length of Injuries

My 17 injuries were broken down as:

11 days or less = 9

11 days – 4 weeks = 7

One month+ = 1

Your 16 injuries break down as:

11 days or less = 4

11 days – 4 weeks = 7

One month+ = 5

You certainly have suffered more longer term injuries than I did but over a small sample size this could simply be bad luck. I checked the injury prone players and they weren't significant (Only one suffered a long term injury).

Overall I wouldn't be too worried by the stats at this stage as it was over a short period.

Match/Training Injuries

My 17 injuries were broken down as:

9 in match (53%)

5 in training (29%)

3 cold/virus (18%)

Your 16 injuries break down as:

14 in match (88%) ***One injury was an international match***

2 in training (12%)

0 Cold/Virus (0%)

A small sample size but a noticeable swing towards match injuries for no obvious reason.

Matches

From my 38 matches:

Injury free – 24 (63%)

One injury – 10 (26%)

Two injuries – 3 (8%)

Three+ injuries – 1 (3%)

There were 19 injuries (50%) (10 yellow & 9 red) with 9 becomes injuries after the match (47%).

From your 47 matches:

Injury free – 28 (60%)

One injury – 10 (21%)

Two injuries – 9 (19%)

Three+ injuries – 0

There were 28 injuries (60%) (15 yellow & 13 red) with 13 becoming injuries after the match (46%)

Overall slightly more match injuries than I suffered but they aren't at a level I would be worried about even if it continued at the same level.

Overall Hairycull has slightly more match injuries than I've experienced (Although I do feel my stats are from a particularly good period injury wise) and he has slightly more bias towards longer injuries than I did.

He had five injury prone players to my one but they had next to no affect on the overall results, arguably mine was much worse contributing four injuries to my stats.

If I had been playing Hairycull's save over that period I would feel I was a little unlucky with the length of injuries but generally I would be quite happy with the other aspects. I certainly wouldn't consider it a bug, at most a little unlucky.

Overall Hairycull has slightly more match injuries than I've experienced (Although I do feel my stats are from a particularly good period injury wise) and he has slightly more bias towards longer injuries than I did.

He had five injury prone players to my one but they had next to no affect on the overall results, arguably mine was much worse contributing four injuries to my stats.

If I had been playing Hairycull's save over that period I would feel I was a little unlucky with the length of injuries but generally I would be quite happy with the other aspects. I certainly wouldn't consider it a bug, at most a little unlucky.

Thanks for looking at it cougar but its not the length of injuries in my team that is frustrating me its the amount of injuries that are happening during matches, not just to my team but to the AI teams as well. Out of the 68 games including friendlies and the reserves 34 players were injured to the point they had to be subbed. Average it out and that's 1 player getting taken off every 2 games.

The reserve matches were the worst affected which really makes me believe whatever match engine changes were made has resulted in a higher amount of injuries in lower ability leagues/games. Which also might explain why some people are getting them and others arent. The people that are playing in the very top leagues in the world might not be suffering things as bad as say people playing in Scotland.

Thanks for looking at it cougar but its not the length of injuries in my team that is frustrating me its the amount of injuries that are happening during matches, not just to my team but to the AI teams as well. Out of the 68 games including friendlies and the reserves 34 players were injured to the point they had to be subbed. Average it out and that's 1 player getting taken off every 2 games.

The reserve matches were the worst affected which really makes me believe whatever match engine changes were made has resulted in a higher amount of injuries in lower ability leagues/games. Which also might explain why some people are getting them and others arent. The people that are playing in the very top leagues in the world might not be suffering things as bad as say people playing in Scotland.

The part in bold is actualy evidence that the injuries are not linked to the match engine as the default detail setting for reserve leagues is 'none' which means it uses the quick match engine whereas your senior team matches are run on the full match engine.

I've noticed as well that since starting a new season my U21 & U18 teams do seem to be picking up a lot of injuries but it didn't happen last year and I haven't looked at it closely.

The part in bold is actualy evidence that the injuries are not linked to the match engine as the default detail setting for reserve leagues is 'none' which means it uses the quick match engine whereas your senior team matches are run on the full match engine.

didnt know that, but how can you tell what is run on quick or full match engine?

FM menu>Detail level.

None = Quick ME

All = Full ME

Later/Main stages are a mix with early rounds using the quick engine

FM menu>Detail level.

None = Quick ME

All = Full ME

Later/Main stages are a mix with early rounds using the quick engine

A brilliant, didnt know that thanks :)

And yes it was set to default.

And of course I cant look back at the under 19's fixtures from previous seasons to compare as the game doesnt keep past seasons :(

Out of the 68 games including friendlies and the reserves 34 players were injured to the point they had to be subbed. Average it out and that's 1 player getting taken off every 2 games.

That's just bending statistics to suit your agenda though. As I said in the previous post, in only 9 of your last 25 games did you have any sort of injury (red or yellow) during the actual match. Injuries to AI teams and your reserves are irrelevant as you have no control over either unless you play the reserve games yourself.

The bottom line is there is nothing wrong with injuries in the game. There may well be a bigger swing towards match injuries compared to training injuries in certain saves, but that's understandable due to the nature of how the game works. Other than setting up routines and intensity, you don't actually do anything at training, whereas you're constantly in control of what tactics and instructions you have during a match. Add to this, there's an AI team on the pitch as well, and it stands to reason there will be more injuries in matches (unless you deliberately overload training). It's maybe not 100% realistic, but until training becomes a fully interactive part of the game (which I personally hope it never does), then it's always going to be the same.

You also have to factor in that the most recent games in the series encourage better squad and in-game management. It's not that injuries have suddenly got more frequent, it's now more up to the player to find ways to avoid them as much as possible, not accounting for the 'bad luck' element that can affect anyone.

Is there something wrong in France? My own injuries seem normal as Ajax in Holland (although there seems to be a spike when players are on international duty), but as I posted earlier in this topic, the injury table in the French Ligue 1 is huge! Average of 7,1 injuries per team with lowest being 4 and highest being 14.

Doing my own sample, I get a lot of 'orange' injuries during games, but I'm playing in a very physical league where my players are part-time, so I expect this. Howver, over my last 25 games, I've had to actually sub a player four times due to injury, and at the moment have only one 'orange' injury in my entire 22-man squad.

I don't think that's excessive.

The worst affected team in my league is Basingstoke with 8 red and 2 orange injuries, no other team has more than 5. And looking at the last round of fixtures (10 games, 20 teams), there were 5 players in total who had to be subbed, two of them for the one team.

That's just bending statistics to suit your agenda though. As I said in the previous post, in only 9 of your last 25 games did you have any sort of injury (red or yellow) during the actual match. Injuries to AI teams and your reserves are irrelevant as you have no control over either unless you play the reserve games yourself.

The bottom line is there is nothing wrong with injuries in the game. There may well be a bigger swing towards match injuries compared to training injuries in certain saves, but that's understandable due to the nature of how the game works. Other than setting up routines and intensity, you don't actually do anything at training, whereas you're constantly in control of what tactics and instructions you have during a match. Add to this, there's an AI team on the pitch as well, and it stands to reason there will be more injuries in matches (unless you deliberately overload training). It's maybe not 100% realistic, but until training becomes a fully interactive part of the game (which I personally hope it never does), then it's always going to be the same.

You also have to factor in that the most recent games in the series encourage better squad and in-game management. It's not that injuries have suddenly got more frequent, it's now more up to the player to find ways to avoid them as much as possible, not accounting for the 'bad luck' element that can affect anyone.

the majority of complaints made in this game are countered with people showing statistics bent to suit agendas to show the game is accurate. And the majority of those counter statistics come from the EPL which proves nothing if you dont play in the EPL.

Injuries to the AI teams aren't irrelevant at all. It affects the whole game.

I accept there will be more injuries during matches compared to training but not at the rate my statistics showed. 5 training related injuries compared to 27 match related injuries.

In regards to squad managment I can handle that to an extent but the AI isnt. Which unbalances the game.

5 players in 10 games, so that backs up my statistics.

The week before there was 2.

The week I've just played during this exchange, there was 6. (annoyingly including a six week injury to my best striker :()

I'd say on average, any given league on any given day will have similar numbers of players who'll have to come off due to some sort of a knock.

http://i.imgur.com/evMA7fg.png

The last game doesn't appear but It also got a red card. This happens way too often, and injuries as well. Overall a good game but the injuries are 99% of my concerns which spoils the immersion for me.

One screenshot shows nothing, you need to provide more conclusive evidence if you think there is a problem.

Again looking at my save I'm managing in the EPL, all the teams have played 8 or 9 games and there have been 6 red cards. Thats 6 red cards in 86 games, you have 6 red cards in 8 games.

As for injuries I've posted up stats earlier today from both mine & another user's saves, how about you supply yours and see how they stack up? I'm sure if 99% of your concerns are about injuries you can put a bit of effort in :)

Anybody else now having the issue of 60-70% of goals now being conceded only from set pieces, specifically the whipped in corner to the near post that the centre back just perfectly runs onto and heads in, that is basically undefendable with the set piece instructions available? It happened to me a few times in my save as Aberdeen and then ironically Aberdeen scored the exact same way against me in my Maribor save.

Is there something wrong in France? My own injuries seem normal as Ajax in Holland (although there seems to be a spike when players are on international duty), but as I posted earlier in this topic, the injury table in the French Ligue 1 is huge! Average of 7,1 injuries per team with lowest being 4 and highest being 14.

Noticed the same thing, same with the Serbian league that i am playing, tested it who knows how many times and the main problem is AI injuries, highest injury per team was 16, and not a single test game went by that at least 3 teams had less than 9+ injuries! just ridiculous. Also i found my old save game from 15.2 patch, loaded it and it was saved afther the 3 round, max number of injuries was 4, others less, run a test on that save also after only 2 weeks 3 teams with 9 injuries, 2 with 8 and so on... don't know whats causing it, perhaps AI training is set to very high by default or something like that. It's very frustrating and kills the mood playing against the crippled AI. Also to mention, tested it few times for whole season going on holiday from 1st to 1st of next month and not a single time that the injury table had a team with max number of injuries lower than 9, for a whole year. Nobody can persuade mi that is normal.

Anybody else now having the issue of 60-70% of goals now being conceded only from set pieces, specifically the whipped in corner to the near post that the centre back just perfectly runs onto and heads in, that is basically undefendable with the set piece instructions available? It happened to me a few times in my save as Aberdeen and then ironically Aberdeen scored the exact same way against me in my Maribor save.

What's your corner/defending free kick setup?

Nope. No changes to anything which would impact injuries have been made at all. You are possibly just having a spell of them at the moment.

I can confirm that injuries are a huge problem in this update. Almost every game I get injuries...

The game gets more laughable.

2014/15 - Finish 5th with West Ham along with Europa League Qualification.

2015/16 - Finish 4th whilst Qualifying for the Champions League. Europa League Runners Up. FA Cup Semi Finalists. League Cup Semi Finalists.

2016/17 - Start with a quite pathetic transfer budget. Having a difficult start to the season as 16th in the Premier League after 8 games with 1 win, 4 draws and 3 defeats to Man United, Chelsea and Liverpool, albeit the Chelsea one being a 4-0 hammering due to an own goals, a penalty and two goals from corners!! The draws are a tad problematic because we aren't scoring enough from a hatful of chances created (not an issue pre patch), then conceding usually from a set piece or a penalty but it's early days. However we are joint top of the Champions League Group.

Bizarrely both Stewart Downing and Carl Jenkinson have knocked on my door saying that they have told the media that they have lost confidence in my ability as a Manager due to underachievement!!!!!

And I swapped to FMC to avoid this kind of thing!!

Well I guess it's plausible in a sort of parallel universe sort of way but only if the two players concerned were somewhat numb between the ears and also totally unprofessional. To have quite a decent season the year before and then lose games against three of the top sides in the country but also beating PSG and being joint top in the CL Group Stage I would certainly hope that a player may take stock of the whole picture rather than throw a hissy fit of a 5 year old. After all these are experienced pro's.

Plus if players are moaning about losing three games to the top sides there isn't much room for any failure in FM. Fair enough if things were touch and go the previous season and fair enough if we were being battered in each game but do you not think after 8 games their reaction is a tad extreme?

In what way is this behaviour beyond the range of what is plausible?

Players talking openly like that to the media about their manager? Really?

Especially as his team would be considered to be well overachieving anyway.

Players talking openly like that to the media about their manager? Really?

Especially as his team would be considered to be well overachieving anyway.

They arent overachieving anymore. 5th and 4th place finishes. They've put themselves among the top 6th, and now look well off as it stands.

They arent overachieving anymore. 5th and 4th place finishes. They've put themselves among the top 6th, and now look well off as it stands.

Well I think I was awarded the biggest overachievers award at the end of last season! 8 defeats I could understand, Losing three to lower rep teams, less experienced pro's complaining I could understand but seriously. I mean it's hardly a secret that player interaction isn't quite 100% this year and this is in FMC as well where you can't even talk to them!!

Well I think I was awarded the biggest overachievers award at the end of last season! 8 defeats I could understand, Losing three to lower rep teams, less experienced pro's complaining I could understand but seriously. I mean it's hardly a secret that player interaction isn't quite 100% this year and this is in FMC as well where you can't even talk to them!!

Interaction not being 100% =/= this is laughable and beyond the realms of plausibility. You've lost 8 and are 16th. I would worry more about not getting sacked by a board not known for its patience than two players.

Interaction not being 100% =/= this is laughable and beyond the realms of plausibility. You've lost 8 and are 16th. I would worry more about not getting sacked by a board not known for its patience than two players.

I have played 8. 1 win, 4 draws and 3 defeats to Man United, Chelsea and Liverpool. I said that IF I had lost 8 I could understand it. Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool are 1st, 2nd and 3rd. If players are going to get grumpy because you lose to the top three then surely that's a tad harsh to say the least. If I was Champions and had a budget of millions I could accept it. But scraping 4th and a transfer budget of a whopping 2 and a half million quid I would say my hands are tied to an extent!!

Actually he said he lost three matches, but have won only one in eight.

Will the players ever "forgive me" if they have an issue? There was this player who played well in 3-4 matches in a row in December and subsequently wanted a new contract. Then he got injured for a couple of months. When he came back from that injury, he almost instantly complained about how badly I had treated him and got a couple of buddies with him on it. When I sold him in July he was still demanding that new contract due to good form... 7 months earlier.

I like these efforts to make it harder to keep your in-form players, that players are on the move for something better, but when these "interactions" (there is no interaction in Classic, yet they are still there messing things up!) have so far-reaching consequences they need to make sense all the way. Right now there is much to be desired in this part of the game.

I have played 8. 1 win, 4 draws and 3 defeats to Man United, Chelsea and Liverpool. I said that IF I had lost 8 I could understand it. Man Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool are 1st, 2nd and 3rd. If players are going to get grumpy because you lose to the top three then surely that's a tad harsh to say the least. If I was Champions and had a budget of millions I could accept it. But scraping 4th and a transfer budget of a whopping 2 and a half million quid I would say my hands are tied to an extent!!
So you've been close to breaking into the top 3 but yet again it looks like you could fall short of that aim, is it unexpected that a few players might think that you're not the right man to take the to the next level?

Urm you had a high enough finish to get into the CL and you had CL money which means you had a significant increase in your income, what did you do with it all?

Having a small budget is certainly partly your own fault for spending all the extra income you gained.

Archived