Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.3.0

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So people pay money for an editor, then SI update the game referring features f the editor unusable. Is that even allowed?

Seems very negligent to me

If you're having issues with something, please report it in the bugs forum.

I think SI only really has 4 options open to them:

1) Allow the ability to downgrade to 15.2.1 - should be easily implemented, but they probably won't do this, as it would admit that they messed up the 15.3 ME. So far, the company line is nothing has changed, although this might be partially true, other factors have contributed to the change. The law of unintended consequences.

2) Fix 15.3 with another hotfix - can be done, but it sounds like they don't want to do this. prefer to concentrate on FM16. They've never in the past released anything after the 3rd patch. It's probably their company policy to not do this whatever the scenario given the deadline to get FM16 on the shelves. By devoting resources to FM15, rather than FM16, you may have an inferior FM16 product, which again causes more complaints, lower revenues, etc, etc.

3) Keep the current gamers happy by offering a discount on FM16 for existing users - can easily be done, but they probably won't do this as it hurts revenues for 1 year.

4) Do nothing - Most likely cause of action, but risk alienating alot of existing gamers - which also leads to lower revenues next year and possibly years afterwards.

The ball really is in their court.

It is a lose situation in every case, but 1 is probably the easiest one to digest for everyone.

I think SI only really has 4 options open to them:

1) Allow the ability to downgrade to 15.2.1 - should be easily implemented

2) Fix 15.3 with another hotfix - can be done, but it sounds like they don't want to do this. prefer to concentrate on FM16. They've never in the past released anything after the 3rd patch. It's probably their company policy to not do this whatever the scenario.

3) Keep the current gamers happy by offering a discount on FM16 for existing users - can easily be done, but they probably won't do this as it hurts revenues for 1 year.

4) Do nothing - Most likely cause of action, but risk alienating alot of existing gamers - which also leads to lower revenues next year and possibly years afterwards.

1 and 3 won't even be considered, 2 is very unlikely

1) Allow the ability to downgrade to 15.2.1 - should be easily implemented

It absolutely isn't, and they won't.

2) Fix 15.3 with another hotfix - can be done, but it sounds like they don't want to do this. prefer to concentrate on FM16. They've never in the past released anything after the 3rd patch. It's probably their company policy to not do this whatever the scenario.

It's not that they do't want to do it, they absolutely will, but only if they deem it necessary to divert resources to fix something that absolutely has to be fixed. And that's in their eyes.

They won't, but I'm curious - why should they do this? What exactly have they done that any other developer hasn't to deem it necessary to satisfy the entitlement of the minority?

You're right there. About the likely course of action at least. They're not alienating a lot, probably just some. And that happens with every release I imagine. Some of those will still end up buying the next version, just so they can moan again next time around. It will be unlikely to make much of a dent in their sales, and that's not to say they don't lament those, but to claim like some do that it's going to be some apocalyptic event is massively short-sighted. Ubisoft and EA have released absolute turds to massive criticism, and they're still here, releasing games that millions will continue to buy.

You're right there. About the likely course of action at least. They're not alienating a lot, probably just some. And that happens with every release I imagine. Some of those will still end up buying the next version, just so they can moan again next time around. It will be unlikely to make much of a dent in their sales, and that's not to say they don't lament those, but to claim like some do that it's going to be some apocalyptic event is massively short-sighted. Ubisoft and EA have released absolute turds to massive criticism, and they're still here, releasing games that millions will continue to buy.

True. But in my 20 years of playing, since CM2, this has been the worst final patch of any that i could remember.

Certainly, it is the only one that i think i consider unplayable.

Alot of others will feel the same way and may reconsider before going out and buy when FM16 comes along.

Or at least they will buy more cautiously, until the patches have at least created a more playable game.

I for one, will follow this path. Wait until patch 3 and decide to buy or wait for FM17.

There's plenty of other games keeping me busy these days.

Compare this to Elite Dangerous. We're getting a monthly upgrade patch for the forseeable future.

I also agree this patch feels the least balanced of all the final patches I can think of. Why don't they consider releasing a beta patch before the final update so that we could have a more polished product?

Haha, anyone else experience what i just did?

Game 1: Opponents score a goal with a shot from the edge of the box, it gets written up as an own goal from one of my defenders, even though he wasn't near the ball.

Game 2: Left back tackles an opponent and the other team gets a penalty, one of my central midfielders gets a yellow card... :p

Cheers - Reason I ask is that without wanting get to get too embroilled in the "injuries are terrible in latest release" debate I seem to be getting more injuries in-match than ever before even though my tactics have remained the same.

I've got no issues with training injuries whatsoever and haven't noticed any increase :)

4 players injured in one game - not small knocks but red injures forcing substitutions for the first 3.

Players out for ....

2-3 months

6-7 weeks

5-6 weeks

2-3 weeks

Won't be bothering to buy a lottery ticket tonight with luck like that :)

Edit - next game I lose another player for 2-3 months ....

I also agree this patch feels the least balanced of all the final patches I can think of. Why don't they consider releasing a beta patch before the final update so that we could have a more polished product?
Every update has a beta. Spotting stuff is the easier side, coding and fixing is much harder and there has to be a cut off point, so untimately it would make little difference, also they would all be rough betas, a lot less solid than any public beta because the priority isn't for it to generally playable but to hammer out as many issues as possible.

4 players injured in one game - not small knocks but red injures forcing substitutions for the first 3.

Players out for ....

2-3 months

6-7 weeks

5-6 weeks

2-3 weeks

Won't be bothering to buy a lottery ticket tonight with luck like that :)

Edit - next game I lose another player for 2-3 months ....

May as well say it before somebody else does...

1) Your players are tired

2) It's your tactics

3) Nothing has been changed to tactics

4) There is no problem with injuries

:rolleyes:

2) It's your tactics

Hmmmmm :D

To be fair I've been very lucky with injuries until this season - my 3rd.

So I'm not saying this is down to the patch or whatever .... Just bad luck!

My first choice back 4 plus my first choice CM duo are all out but will be back in dribs and drabs by April - May so we will see how good the rest of the squad is.

2) It's your tactics

I have similar problems although not as extreme.

1. Players arent tired, my general training is always on fitness, they get plenty days off, They dont get on the bench if they arent above 90% condition, and they dont start if they arent above 95%

2. My tactics are 4-4-2 standard.and I have no instructions that would affect the players fitness.

3. Read above and you will find that there has indeed been changes to tactics. The changes to the match engine has resulted in those changes.

4. plenty people posting above think different.

So please rywilson tell me what im doing wrong :rolleyes:

1. Players arent tired, my general training is always on fitness, they get plenty days off, They dont get on the bench if they arent above 90% condition, and they dont start if they arent above 95%

Why is your general training on fitness?

This has no bearing whatsoever on injuries or match fitness, it simply distributes more earned CA points to physical attributes

2. My tactics are 4-4-2 standard.and I have no instructions that would affect the players fitness.

3. Read above and you will find that there has indeed been changes to tactics. The changes to the match engine has resulted in those changes.

4. plenty people posting above think different.

Did you read my posts above? #1638 & #1640.

What are you doing different to me? why are you having injury issues when I'm not? Is it just bad luck?

This has no bearing whatsoever on injuries or match fitness, it simply distributes more earned CA points to physical attributes

I switched to general fitness within a month of the games release because I have my players on individual training regimes relating to their position and in most cases they dont train on fitness. It works out well and generally makes my team much fitter than the teams I play against.

Fitness does have an impact on injuries and match fitness. Unfit players will break down more during training and possibly on the pitch as well and players generate match fitness quicker and sustain it longer with higher fitness.

Did you read my posts above? #1638 & #1640.

What are you doing different to me? why are you having injury issues when I'm not? Is it just bad luck?

Yep I read them before I posted this afternoon. Im just starting pre season so will keep a note of all injuries I notice within the game for this season and see what numbers I get.

It seems obvious reading this thread (and similar ones on other forums) that both this final patch and FM2015 in general has some fundamental problems. I know not everyone sees it, and some will defend it to the hilt, that's their right. But lots of people are 'moaning' about the same or similar issues. Surely they can't all be wrong! about everything! all the time!

At the end of the day FM2015 with the last patch has too many things wrong with it, Injuries, energy levels, player happiness, and the usual bunch of ME laughables, to name but few.

For a product that has been sold as a 'finished article' and will receive no further support, and from a company that has been 'developing' this product for many years, in my book that is just not good enough.

As someone said earlier, loosing some customers probably wont 'hurt' SI in the pocket, (I wouldn't want to anyway, they need the money for development), But it's the goodwill and loyalty of those customers that they are actually losing by putting out this sort of 'it will do' product.

I haven't had yet any moment the feeling that marking isn't having effect. Defences seem to work better. I still concede many goals, but that's because my team has a ****** defence and I'm not getting things right to plug the holes.

I've lately had a load of injuries, first time ever I have more than one >1 month injury in a season, in fact that's been the norm in my last club with the journeyman, but it's Coruxo, with very poor facilities, which I think are the worst I've ever had, as well as a pitch in bad shape.

The trial not showing all the precise stats is a good thing, when I saw that before the patch I thought it could be a bug or it could be that once he's in the club, if a signed player is known immediately, then trial too, but it felt cheatish.

I like the new scouting and not knowing all the precise stats by a mere report card.

I was kind of worried when I saw that something about close range finishing had been retouched, as I hadn't noticed anything wrong. After seeing some, it all looks right as actually expected.

All in all, very satisfied. That sounds as if I had any serious bad point but I don't have; the injury bit is not something I see as being wrong. In fact I've always thought that in my games I was too lucky with them (>1 month injury once per two seasons, never more than three injuries in the same time)

Ive played 20 games so far this season, most have been friendlies and 3 of the matches are the under 19's

This is what ive found so far

1 injury from Training

My team

2 Red injuries resulting in full injury

3 Red injuries resulting in no injury

6 Orange injuries resulting in full injury

3 Orange injuries resulting in no injury

Opponents

0 Red injuries resulting in no injury

6 Orange injuries resulting in full injury

5 Orange injuries resulting in no injury

Thats in about 6 weeks of the game.

So thats 16 injured players from 20 games and 11 players that sustained knocks but didnt carry an injury but 3 of those players were stretchered off.

Ive played 4 proper matches and the results are

My team

1 Red injuries resulting in no injury

0 Orange injuries resulting in full injury

2 Orange injuries resulting in no injury

Opponents

0 Red injuries resulting in full injury

0 Red injuries resulting in no injury

1 Orange injuries resulting in full injury

0 Orange injuries resulting in no injury

Why are you going to the bother of doing this? There is NOTHING wrong with injuries in the game, as has been pointed out a million times. Nor have injury rates been touched in any update since the game came out. If you're getting lots of injuries, it's either bad luck or bad squad management.

As I said in an earlier post, I had 8 players out with Bath earlier in the season. Because it was FMC and I was zooming through it, I wasn't paying attention to match fitness too much. Now, we're into November and my first XI is almost all 100% match fit, I only have two injuries just now, and no players have picked up knocks in my last three games.

Why are you going to the bother of doing this? There is NOTHING wrong with injuries in the game, as has been pointed out a million times. Nor have injury rates been touched in any update since the game came out. If you're getting lots of injuries, it's either bad luck or bad squad management.

Why are you having a go at someone who is at least making an effort to post some stats from their save :confused:

Why are you having a go at someone who is at least making an effort to post some stats from their save :confused:

I'm not 'having a go' at anyone, I'm just curious as to why someone would go to the bother of noting down every injury in a 20-game spell when it's been confirmed countless times by the people who make the game that there are no problems with the injury rate. Seems like a monumental waste of time, that's all. No need to be narky about it.

It called feedback, and if he wants to do that with his time what does it matter to you? what do a lot of your comments add? hardly surprising someone would/could be narky towards you, you need to look at what you post.

I'm not 'having a go' at anyone, I'm just curious as to why someone would go to the bother of noting down every injury in a 20-game spell when it's been confirmed countless times by the people who make the game that there are no problems with the injury rate. Seems like a monumental waste of time, that's all. No need to be narky about it.

Since 15.3 what official source has come out and said there is no problem with injuries? Please post the quote here if so as I may have simply missed it.

We have mods that have posted above that say SI have made no changes to injuries between 15.2 and 15.3 Tony Fallows has also posted to confirm this in the bugs section. Mods above have said that other things may have been changed which may have resulted in an increase to the amount of injuries that some people are experiencing. But there hasnt been as far as im aware any SI employee that has said there are no issues regarding injuries

Overall injury tables might be pretty accurate with real life. But what is most certainly not accurate is the amount of injuries sustained during matches. Or the amount of players stretchered off.

And as for wasting time? You posting is wasting your time. I am able to do my injury stats while playing, wasting no time at all.

It has been pointed out 'a million times' true....but so has the fact that 'millions' of others think it's not right as is it!

As for being bad squad management, 'millions' of people have said it only appeared in game following the patch, using the same tactics. That's not Bad squad management, that's different squad management to what you do. Which after the patch it appears, is not allowed anymore!!!

Since 15.3 what official source has come out and said there is no problem with injuries? Please post the quote here if so as I may have simply missed it.

We have mods that have posted above that say SI have made no changes to injuries between 15.2 and 15.3 Tony Fallows has also posted to confirm this in the bugs section. Mods above have said that other things may have been changed which may have resulted in an increase to the amount of injuries that some people are experiencing. But there hasnt been as far as im aware any SI employee that has said there are no issues regarding injuries

Overall injury tables might be pretty accurate with real life. But what is most certainly not accurate is the amount of injuries sustained during matches. Or the amount of players stretchered off.

And as for wasting time? You posting is wasting your time. I am able to do my injury stats while playing, wasting no time at all.

Yes you're right, all we can do as users is keep pointing out what we perceive to be wrong and giving what evidence we can for SI to analyse.

What nobody seems to be doing currently is reporting whether or not they get through their crises and if they do how that happened, was it a case of sit it out or did they actively do things which worked?

What nobody seems to be doing currently is reporting whether or not they get through their crises and if they do how that happened, was it a case of sit it out or did they actively do things which worked?

I did exactly this in this very page of this very thread. Do pay attention.

Glad to see they fixed that thing where keepers take free kicks wide of the box and kick it straight to a forward who volleys home. Oh no hang on, they didn't fix it at all. :(

Yes, it's a bit perplexing that such a common, often reported issue, that I imagine would be relatively straightforward to fix would be simply ignored. It's almost as bad as making the player interactions that wee bit more severe than they were...

Glad to see they fixed that thing where keepers take free kicks wide of the box and kick it straight to a forward who volleys home. Oh no hang on, they didn't fix it at all. :(

I can only really give you an opinion based on what I've experienced but for me that isn't really an issue anymore.

When FM15 was released I had quite a few of those incidents, after 15.2 they were signifcantly reduced but I was still getting around 10-12 a season (not all scored fyi). Since 15.3 I've played two seasons and I've seen it happen twice (both in the same game! Obviously keeper wasn't having a great day"). Anyway two or three of those incidents a season would seem about right for me and isn't an issue. Of course if you are experiencing it more often than that then a bug report would be handy for SI :)

I did exactly this in this very page of this very thread. Do pay attention.

Yeh, but I don't read your posts any more :p I'm well aware of your methodology and opinions and was referring more to those who make the complaint but never come back to report on further progress.

When FM15 was released I had quite a few of those incidents, after 15.2 they were signifcantly reduced but I was still getting around 10-12 a season (not all scored fyi). Since 15.3 I've played two seasons and I've seen it happen twice (both in the same game! Obviously keeper wasn't having a great day"). Anyway two or three of those incidents a season would seem about right for me and isn't an issue. Of course if you are experiencing it more often than that then a bug report would be handy for SI :)

I disagree, that should never happen at all. No keeper in the world would take a free kick from the corner area and pump it straight down the middle of the park. It's different if a keeper is rushing out the box and kicks it downfield under pressure. But from a free kick? Na, not having that.

Alot of others will feel the same way and may reconsider before going out and buy when FM16 comes along.

Or at least they will buy more cautiously, until the patches have at least created a more playable game.

Its the opposite, actually. Most people seem happy with the latest update, including me. The feedback for FM 13 and FM 14 was WAY worse. And there is a poll and over 50% even think this is the best FM ever.

Well done SI.

Its the opposite, actually. Most people seem happy with the latest update, including me. The feedback for FM 13 and FM 14 was WAY worse. And there is a poll and over 50% even think this is the best FM ever.

Well done SI.

To be fair only just over 200 people voted on it, and that was out of over 1800 views

I realise you are the author of that poll. So I will mention that you only put the past 4 FM's onto it when there has been 11 full releases of the game. Not including CM, So you cant say FM15 is the best ever.

I didnt vote because FM09 wasnt on it which was the introduction of the 3d match engine. And my favorite out of all the FM's

I can only really give you an opinion based on what I've experienced but for me that isn't really an issue anymore.

Two or 3 of these a season is not right at all. Firstly a keeper should never be taking a free kick right on the touch line. Secondly as a Spurs fan I'm used to seeing us concede in calamitous manners yet I don't ever recall us conceding like that in 30 odd years. Third and finally how often does anyone score from the centre circle, empty net or not? Rarely. My team have conceded 3 goals in one season since the update. It's not good enough, plenty of examples of this have been uploaded already. When I'm next on my laptop I'll find the pkm's though.

This is literally happening every single week for the better Czech teams. I'm on full processing, unemployed manager.

http://i.imgur.com/v2PqHuo.png

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/421760-Reviewed-Too-many-goals-again

I ve opened this thread specifically for this issue. You can support with pkm's.

Yes, very good team shoot alot agains weaker teams. I am sure if you provide the PKM's, SI will investigate the issue further.

Interesting - I have my team set to fitness training throughout most of pre-season in the hope it will make them fitter for the start of the season (and thus less prone to early injuries), which would seem quite logical to me.

I really tried playing but it is imposible, AI injuries are insane, take a look at this... http://www.dodaj.rs/f/26/9k/48hHlJMR/jelen-super-liga-stats-i.png or http://www.dodaj.rs/f/3P/RH/3wpqvFc4/jelen-super-liga-stats-i.png , one whole season i went on holiday from first of month to the first of second after and checked the injury table, not a single month that few teams had 9+ injuries, deleted the game, simply unplayable like this.

SI's numbers on average injury rates, at least as far as I am aware of, does not include a comparison between the real-life amount of players stretchered off during matches and the amount in FM15.

That's what people are complaining about; not getting to do tactical substitutions because all three have been used for red injuries already. And not just once; so often that some people are getting upset about it. Besides, there is no documentation in-game on what the user needs to do to prevent injuries; or more to the point: connecting a high number of injuries with "you play an attacking tactic" is unnatural to most users, since they watch real-life football every weekend where one team dominates the match and pushes forward without seeing them having several players injured, and the commentators don't say "well, that's what you get when you close down like that the whole match" when players are injured either.

I must admit that because people have so many different opinions and priorities I am not sure why there cannot be an option to download and or roll back on patches. In the past you manually downloaded the patch which meant that obviously if you didn't like the sound of it you didn't have to download it. Personally I liked the game before patching this time around,. A lot of people thought crossing was over powered. I thought it was pretty decent and scored a few from them and didn't concede too many. Finishing was better IMO and in all I think the variety of play was better. I remember lovely cross field passes and beautiful curled efforts or delightful headers on goal of which have largely disappeared as has it seems any real chance of scoring with a set piece! What did irk me was the player interactions, the goalkeeper blasting a wide free kick to an opposition striker (as above), and various other annoyances, some which have been rectified, some not but all in all I think unpatched there were more pro's than the cons in many ways.

I have found in all FM's over the years that general play in the ME is a lot more varied before any patches and it seems players actually play off the cuff more. However as the patches come out and changes are made I always feel that the ME almost becomes more regimented, predictable and variety becomes less common place in a match. Sure some things may improve but I find that on release the ME is Harry Redknapp, zany and unpredictable. Once fully patched it becomes Tony Pullis, regimented and predictable.

But it's down to a matter of opinion. I may prefer the original as it probably suited my style of play better. Others may prefer patch one and others patch two which is why I really don't know why options can't be brought in which would allow a user to play whatever patch they preferred. It certainly would stop a lot of the complaints because users then have the choice.

Archived