"fast mode": FMC + quick pick + instant result

A pretty shallow experience though, I would have thought. I don't really see the point in that.

I do like FMC, always have, and have a couple of saves on the go in this year's version, but I always pick my own team, and always watch the game, unless it's a pre-season game that I've no interest in.

What benefit, other than time, is there to quick picking/instant resulting every game? You'd be as well just going on holiday between each transfer window.

• Administrators

Have done this in my own career save when managing in the poorer Brazilian State Leagues, really handy for that :)

a few reasons:

time

play just for the pleasure of seeing the FM simulating, but participating with a team

not have the feeling of losing time

A pretty shallow experience though, I would have thought. I don't really see the point in that.

I do like FMC, always have, and have a couple of saves on the go in this year's version, but I always pick my own team, and always watch the game, unless it's a pre-season game that I've no interest in.

What benefit, other than time, is there to quick picking/instant resulting every game? You'd be as well just going on holiday between each transfer window.

Of course! You're not alone!

It reminds me that FM isn't fast enough for certain type of players who don't want this amount of information... Even FMC is very heavy for some of my friends!

I've been playing other management games which are "less realistic" but faster, with the option to make decisions like a president, and are very very enjoyable. I won't give names because here isn't the appropiate place for this (and I don't want to make an ad xD ) but I wish SI would make a FM with that options.

I use quick pick most of the time, just give the selection a check and maybe make a couple of changes either to starting 11 or bench

Instant Result is one click. Going on holiday and returning from holiday is more button clicks :brock:

Plus you have a bit more control with team selection.

I use instant result for pre-season and (mid-season friendlies in Germany) and on occasions when I have had to replay some fixtures.

Instant Result is one click. Going on holiday and returning from holiday is more button clicks :brock:

You don't really have to return from holiday, do you? Going on holiday is two (?) clicks. Using instant result for every single match adds up to more clicks. :brock:

In older CM's you can tell your assistant to "use current tactics" and even "use current team selection" before going on holiday. I assumed it would be the same in FMC. I haven't actually tried going on holiday in FMC, so if things have changed during the years I stand corrected. :)

Archived