[FM 15] Top 27 - Game Thread

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Voting so far:

larxus - Least headers won

dynaboyj - 14th highest average rating.

podunkboy - 14th highest average rating.

hendri2302

iacovone - 14th highest average rating.

toonbalmy87 - 14th highest average rating

terence123470 - Average run distance per 90 mins

reddevil12587

Joe. - Most Yellow Cards

DarkySurrounding - Highest shirt number

Tush - 14th highest average rating

David Corperial - 14th highest average rating.

DH.

dja21

andychar - Most time spent injured

Sheppy12 - 14th highest average rating

estewu - Average run distance per 90 mins

Spurs + Eastbourne 4eva - Least headers won

burtur - 14th highest average rating.

STaphouse - 14th highest average rating

Cardiovascular - 14th highest average rating.

Lenzar - Highest shirt number

grindline - 14th highest average rating.

Tautietis - 14th highest average rating

JuulDK - The Tallest Player To Score At Least One Goal.

Hirea - 14th highest average rating.

Some of you have made multiple suggestions, please pick one! :)

You have until Noon GMT Sunday!

14th highest average rating - 13

Least headers won - 2

Average run distance per 90 mins - 2

Highest shirt number - 2

Most yellow cards - 1

The tallest player to score at least one goal - 1

Most time spent injured - 1

People who haven't voted - 4

Looks like the mediocrity award is on track for winning :)

Voting is over. The fan award for this weeks update will be the "Mediocrity Award".

I will get to individual updates tomorrow but until then here are this updates transfers!

Arron Balmonsev - Loan -> Torpedo Zhodino

Casper Jay Jensen - Expansion draft -> Orlando City, Trade -> San Jose, Trade -> New England

Danylo Skripchenko - Loan -> Girnyk-Sport

Isaac Rosenbaum - Loan -> H. Kfar-Saba

Kevin Post - Transfer -> PSG (£26.5k)

Larry Spark - Loan -> Uruguay

Lars Nyborg - Transfer -> West Brom (£100k)

Leonardo da Vinci - Loan -> Wil

Marley St. James - Transfer -> Cruz Azul (£1.4k)

Richard MacIntosh - Loan -> St. Mirren

Sam Taphouse - Loan -> Penafiel

Viktor Kotlyarov - Transfer -> Rubin (£220k)

Not surprised that Danylo's on loan, considering the top status of Vorskla. I looked up Hirnyk-Sport and they were just promoted from the third division last season, and are already third in the second division!

I am a little surprised that Post, St. James, and Nyborg are leaving their home country for good so soon, although I suppose I shouldn't be given the poor quality of domestic soccer where they come from.

Also, I don't know if this is too early but considering transfers were brought up, I thought of a new Fan Award. Furthest transferred. You'd cover the distance from starting club to ending club of a player throughout the season, whether by transfer or loan, and whoever went the farthest away from their starting club wins the award.

Year One - Individual Updates

Usually nine players to receive updates at a time but since I'm a bit behind I'll edit in each player as I finish writing for this week. Will switch from ascending and descending alphabetical order each week.

Click your players name for this years album. If there are any other images you'd like to see feel free to say :)

Arron Balmonsev

Arron Balmonsev joined Belshina during the middle of the 2014 Belarusian season and played in 9 of their remaining 18 league games. Scoring zero goals and with a pretty poor average rating of only 6.42, he failed to become a regular for the upcoming season instead joining Torpedo Zhodino on loan as a back-up player. So far in the 2015 Belarusian season Arron has played in only 1 out of 11 league games for Torpedo Zhodino but has featured regularly in their reserve side where his performance has been quite impressive. On the international side of things Arron has appeared in four U21 games and was named the U19 vice-captain at one point however he is currently not selected for either team. Currently only on a measly £30/week and with a release clause of £85,000, could we see a move for Arron in the future?

Bruce Sheppy

Sheppy played in 8 of Melbourne City's 27 league games during the 14/15 A-League where they finished 9th, sporting an average rating of 6.85. Named THE Hot Prospect at the club it is strange that he is yet to receive a full-time contract as he could potentially be snatched up by another club, especially affiliates Man City, however currently no-one is showing him interest. Sheppy has made some key appearances for Australia's U19s and U20s including the AFC U-19 Championship Qtr Final vs Japan where he scored in extra time to send Australia through to the semi-finals where they unfortunately lost to Kuwait.

Casper Jay Jensen

Casper Jay Jensen, currently our most traveled player although yet to leave his starting country. At Philly he made 7 appearances off the bench during the 2014 MLS season. He was then drafted to Orlando City during the 2015 Expansion Draft but was traded away for free to San Jose before he played any games. At San Jose he started 2 games and ended with a very good average rating of 7.45 but was traded away to New England, again for free (WTF MLS). Since joining New England he has made a single appearance. Jensen is a common face in the U20 USA side that recently came third in the FIFA U-20 World Cup having already secured 8 apps.

Chak Tau

Chak Tau is definitely one of our stand out players. One of only two players who has received senior international apps, currently on the joint highest wage and wanted by the likes of Dnipro and Évian TG. He has also been a semi-regular player for his starting team of South China AA in league, cup and continental matches and was even in the side that won the Canbo Senior Challenge Shield. The only downside I can see is that despite his playing time he has scored very few goals for a striker. 2 in 20(6).

Connor McGregor

The first thing you'll notice is that Connor managed an amazing average rating of 7.82 in the Belfast Telegraph Championship One. Then you'll notice he only made 11 appearances out of 26 games. The reason? He broke his hip and was injured for 5 months! Ouch. Connor was definitely the glue that was holding P.S.N.I together, with them losing only 2/11 games he appeared in and losing 8/15 games he did not. Unfortunately, due to this, P.S.N.I were relegated to the Championship Two. Connor has also been seen in the U19s N. Ireland side, most memorably breaking his hip on his debut.

Danylo Skripchenko

A good season for Skripchenko. Loaned out to Girnyk-Sport in the league below he became a valuable player with an average rating of 7.16 across 22 games and helped them become the champions of the Persha Liha. Skripchenko is also a regular face in the U21 Ukraine side, having secured 8 appearances. It is unknown what the following season will hold for him as he is currently injured for 5 more weeks. Will he be loaned out again or has he proved himself worthy of a regular spot at Vorskla?

Frank Smith

Surprisingly Ipswich decided to not loan out Smith this season and instead focused on training the young prospect and starting him in a few cup matches. Currently wanted on loan by Bristol City and Rotherham, Smith can look forward to a much more productive next season.

Geraint Alacarde

Our second player to currently have senior international apps and also wanted by Évian TG. Alacarde's story reads similar to Chak Tau's however where there is a lack of silverware comes an increase in consistent performance and an average league rating of 7.21. Unfortunately Alacarde suffered a broken foot and was out for 4 months, limiting the number of appearances he could make.

Hafþór Brekkan Björnsson

It doesn't seem like Björnsson will be in Iceland much longer as he is available on a free transfer and wanted by such giants as Juventus, Man City, Monaco, Atletico, Liverpool and.... Leicester? The interest however might be unwarranted as Björnsson's average league rating of 6.63 and 3 goals in 17 isn't quite the best. That said he is capped at U21s level for his home country but is yet to score for them.

Isaac Rosenbaum

Rosenbaum was loaned out to lower league H. Kfar-Saba after making a single appearance at his starting club of S.C. Ashdod. He served as a back-up player during his time at the club making 17 club appearances with a poor average rating of 6.61. He has also made appearances for Israel's U21 side where his performance has been, unfortunately, equally as poor. Rosenbaum is yet to be listed for loan again so he may end up staying at home this season.

Janis Mukans

Mukans has become a regular first team player for his starting team of Skonto. Having joined mid-season he played in 10 games of the remaining 21 despite a total of 10 weeks of injuries. Since the start of the new season he has played 11 of their 15 games despite again having injury problems and on top of that has been providing consistently good performances. He is also a regular for the U21 Latvian side.

Javier Intxausti

Ah the woes of being a back-up goalkeeper. Despite not playing a single competitive game this year he's had a decent spell in the youth squad with an average rating of 7.31. Also those injuries... On the plus side he's receiving major interest, most importantly from Athletic Bilbao.

Juan José Valderrama

Juan José is another player who has become a regular at his starting club of Llaneros although it doesn't look like he'll be sticking around for much longer with no less than seven clubs putting in bids for him. His appearances for his current club have not been the best but they have definitely helped him improve as a player. He also has the highest amount of youth caps out of our 27 players.

Kenny van Froost

A good year for Kenny van Froost has increased the Bosnian's profile, with clubs from no less than six countries showing interest. Despite a broken ankle keeping him out for three months he played 21 out of 30 league games for Orasje with a really good average rating of 7.29. Surprisingly however he is yet to play for the B&H U21 side, having only been capped at U19 level.

Kevin Post

Our first major transfer! Sold to PSG at the end of the 2014/2015 Uruguayan season for £26.5k (may rise to £55k) after appearing 13 times for his starting club of Plaza Colonia with a consistent average rating. It will be interesting to see if PSG loan him out or just play him in the reserves like Ipswich and Frank Smith.

Larry Spark

I have to question Limón FC's manager with this one. First of all Larry was loaned out to a club in the same division as his starter club where he played in 23 league games and performed quite well with an average rating of 7.17. He was obviously a key player in Uruguay's side (the Costa Rican club, not the country) and they finished just 3 points behind Limón FC. So why has the manager decided to loan him out again...?

Lars Nyborg

Yeesh, you goalkeepers have it hard. Lars Nyborg was given two starts at Lyngby and ended up with an average rating of 5.80... Obviously they didn't want anything to do with him so they shipped him off to West Brom at the end of the season. Hopefully they're more accepting of poor performances...

Leonardo da Vinci

Riddled by injuries da Vinci is yet to create a masterpiece. Loaned out to Wil he only made 5 appearances albeit very good ones. He is yet to be listed for loan this season so he may rest in St. Gallen's reserve squad. It will be interesting to see what happens when he has an injury free season.

Luka Antunović

On the opposite end of the spectrum we have Luka who had an injury free season apart from a small cold that left him out for four days. He is listed as the key player for Hr. Dragovoljac and that is certainly true. Having played 31 out of 33 league games for his starter club with an average rating of 6.94 he most certainly helped them achieve promotion to the Maxtv Prva Liga. This must be why Slovenian side Maribor have shown interest.

Marley St. James

Good news: Marley had a brilliant first season. 23 league appearances at his starter club of Reno and an amazing average rating of 7.60. One of only two players who have scored a goal internationally. He was even noticed by Mexican giants Cruz Azul and picked up for a small fee of £1.4k. Here comes the bad news: He is currently injured for 8-9 months. Ahhhhhhhhhhh...

Mulgogi Po-Ong

Injuries, injuries, injuries, injuries, injuries, injuries, injuries. Zero competitive games played. Zero interest in Korean Cuddle Fish. Busan got relegated so I even have that red mark on my achievements...

Piotr Balicki

SURPRISE! I didn't include it in my transfer updates because well, I wanted to keep it as a surprise. Piotr Balicki is moving to sunny Madrid for a fee of around £86,000. His season at Dolcan Zabki was pretty poor however he did play 25 games which is more than some! Another player at his favourite club, I wonder what the future holds :)

Richard MacIntosh

Another player loaned out to a team in their league... St. Mirren finished 3rd to Kilmarnock's 7th so it seems like MacIntosh got to spend time at a better club? He didn't play a huge part in where the teams finished though, gaining just 9 appearances with an average average rating of 6.78. He is however wanted by four of the five big English teams.

Sam Taphouse

After playing a few games at his starting club FC Oss Sam was shipped off to Portugal to play for Primeira Liga side Penafiel on loan. There he played in 17 league games with a decent average rating of 6.92. Surprisingly valued the most out of all players, Taphouse is currently wanted by one club but that club usually gets its way... It's also nice to see a clean bill of health.

Steven Kemp

Another player who is already a first team regular at his starter club with 31 league appearances to his name and a good average rating of 7.01. Interest is high in the young Belgian however the interest seems to be domestic only. Although interestingly enough he is yet to appear at even the U19 international level.

Tomas Borza

Yet to make many starts for his favoured team of Slovan Bratislava but was on the winning team that won the U19 Cup. Interest is high from many high profile teams so he may leave his boyhood club in the near future. (Also another player with a huge injury, what is going on!?!)

Viktor Kotlyarov

Kotlyarov was bought by Rubin for £220k (could rise to £650k) at the end of the Russian season after an impressive first season that saw him named the 14/15 Russian First Division Young Player of the Year. He is on the joint highest wage and is also the only other player to have scored an international goal.

This is actually a good way to update us Cuddlefish. If it was one post with all 27 reports I doubt I'd read the lot, now I'm sat here reading each one, scouring the photos and looking forward to my update! KUTGW pal :thup:

Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying it so far :) I really forgot how much time it takes to write all of these but I'm having a good time myself.

I think I'll still take a little break after a certain amount just so my terrible writing doesn't become too stale. :lol:

Great update mate.10 starts at club level and a goal scorer for the national (youth) team. Not a bad start for young Bruce. He'll have a hard time breaking up the Wilko/Sainsbury partnership at full level, so a sound footing at youth level is great. Be interesting to see if he gets any interest as he's on a youth contract. If I remember, he's got poor loyalty so perhaps he is holding off signing pro terms?Eight weeks out injured/ill.. Do you know that if that broke up his game time, or if Bruce became a regular after the most recent injury?

I love the summary you gave for Danylo, and that little rhetorical question to end it on a hook. Really nice to see him secure a promotion for his loan team (and those three Man of the Match-es), as well as start playing internationally even at U21 level. I hope he has a quick recovery from injury, and can maybe get some playing time for Vorskla this season. It hurts a little having to wait a whole week for the next update, though. :(

Great update mate.10 starts at club level and a goal scorer for the national (youth) team. Not a bad start for young Bruce. He'll have a hard time breaking up the Wilko/Sainsbury partnership at full level, so a sound footing at youth level is great. Be interesting to see if he gets any interest as he's on a youth contract. If I remember, he's got poor loyalty so perhaps he is holding off signing pro terms?Eight weeks out injured/ill.. Do you know that if that broke up his game time, or if Bruce became a regular after the most recent injury?

He continued to play after recovering from his injury. In fact he played the final game of the season, scoring a goal and securing a 9.0 rating.

EDIT: Nearly done with the individual updates. Noticing my word count per player slowly decrease, sorry about that.

EDIT2: Okay, finally done. I know you'd probably all love 5 or so lines of detailed commentary per player but it's taken me ~9 hours to do what I've done so far. :lol:

Top 27 Weekly Award; Highest League Average Rating Award:

First let's look at the table of the bottom 24:

Pos | Pnts | Rtng | Player Name
27~    01    0.00   Mulgogi Po-Ong
27~    01    0.00   Frank Smith
27~    01    0.00   Javier Intxausti
24.    04    5.80   Lars Nyborg
23~    05    6.48   Arron Balmonsev
23~    05    6.48   Juan José Valderrama
21.    07    6.55   Piotr Balicki
20.    08    6.62   Chak Tau
19.    09    6.63   Hafþór Brekkan Björnsson
18.    10    6.65   Isaac Rosenbaum
17.    11    6.74   Casper Jay Jensen
16.    12    6.78   Richard MacIntosh
15.    13    6.85   Bruce Sheppy
14.    14    6.91   Sam Taphouse
13.    15    6.94   Luka Antunović
12.    16    6.98   Viktor Kotlyarov
11.    17    7.00   Tomas Borza
10~    18    7.01   Steven Kemp
10~    18    7.01   Kevin Post
08.    20    7.06   Janis Mukans
07.    21    7.16   Danylo Skripchenko
06.    22    7.17   Larry Spark
05.    23    7.21   Geraint Alacarde
04.    24    7.29   Kenny van Froost

Now let's take a look at the final three:

In 3rd place we have... Leonardo da Vinci! Despite injuries and only playing 5 games, da Vinci managed an impressive average rating of 7.36. He gets 25 points.

Onto 2nd and we have... ya man, it's Marley St. James! The Jamaican youngster tore through the opposition with an average rating of 7.60. He then fell down the stairs and tore a few muscles... but not before collecting his 30 points!

and that means... Connor McGregor takes this weeks award for Highest League Average Rating with an average rating of 7.82 in 11 games before breaking his hip. Injuries seem to be the common theme in this update... 40 points!

Top 27 Weekly Award; Highest Home Reputation Award:

Pos | Pnts | Hrep | Player Name
27.    01    3491   Mulgogi Po-Ong
26.    02    3682   Hafþór Brekkan Björnsson
25.    03    3851   Bruce Sheppy
24.    04    3914   Steven Kemp
23.    05    4045   Janis Mukans
22.    06    4077   Leonardo da Vinci
21.    07    4084   Javier Intxausti
20.    08    4087   Connor McGregor
19~    09    4092   Arron Balmonsev
19~    09    4092   Geraint Alacarde
17.    11    4328   Casper Jay Jensen
16.    12    4348   Chak Tau
15.    13    4377   Danylo Skripchenko
14.    14    4495   Isaac Rosenbaum
13.    15    4516   Kenny van Froost
12.    16    4539   Larry Spark
11.    17    4541   Viktor Kotlyarov
10.    18    4551   Lars Nyborg
09.    19    4596   Richard MacIntosh
08~    20    4639   Piotr Balicki
08~    20    4639   Sam Taphouse
06.    22    4694   Frank Smith
05.    23    4836   Juan José Valderrama
04.    24    4982   Tomas Borza

In 3rd place we have... the young Croatian Luka Antunovic with a home reputation of 5168! 25 points!

Onto 2nd and we have... Marley St. James! Everybody's talking about that up and coming Jamaican star that fell down the stairs! Home reputation of 5269, 30 points!

and that means... PSG's brand new talent Kevin Post is the winner of this award with a home reputation of 5444! More 4s you say? Here, take ten of them! 40 points!

Top 27 Fan Award; Mediocrity Award:

This weeks Fan Award is the so-called Mediocrity Award. The closer you are to the 14th best average rating, the higher on the list you go!

Pos | Pnts | +/-AR | Player Name
27~    01    -6.91   Mulgogi Po-Ong
27~    01    -6.91   Frank Smith
27~    01    -6.91   Javier Intxausti
24.    04    -1.11   Lars Nyborg
23.    05    +0.91   Connor McGregor
22.    06    +0.69   Marley St. James
21.    07    +0.45   Leonardo da Vinci
20~    08    -0.43   Juan José Valderrama
20~    08    -0.43   Arron Balmonsev
18.    10    +0.38   Kenny van Froost
17.    11    -0.36   Piotr Balicki
16.    12    +0.30   Geraint Alacarde
15.    13    -0.29   Chak Tau
14.    14    -0.28   Hafþór Brekkan Björnsson
13~    15    +0.26   Larry Spark
13~    15    -0.26   Isaac Rosenbaum
11.    17    +0.25   Danylo Skripchenko
10.    18    -0.17   Casper Jay Jensen
09.    18    +0.15   Janis Mukans
08.    20    -0.13   Richard MacIntosh 
07~    21    +0.10   Kevin Post 
07~    21    +0.10   Steven Kemp 
05.    23    +0.09   Tomas Borza 
04.    24    +0.07   Viktor Kotlyarov

In 3rd place we have... Bruce Sheppy with just 0.06 below the mediocre average rating of 6.91! 25 points!

Onto 2nd and we have... It's the young Croatian again, Luka Antunovic! A tiny bit above mediocre (+0.03) but we'll let him off. 30 points!

and that means... the most mediocre player is... Sam Taphouse! Congratulations on being the median..! 40 points!

Stay tuned for this week's Player of the Update award!

This is absolutely fantastic mate. Loving the updates and the style of them.

Must say I'm impressed I'm compared to Thiago Silva (similar type player), now to become as good as him. Will go through all players more extensively tonight, when I get home.

Also, did I mention I love this? :p

Superb updates Cuddlefish! Don't kill yourself over them (9 hours is a lot of work) but know that it's appreciated.

So Viktor came so close to the mediocre award, taking the wooden spoon in fourth place. Not too shabby. Great to see he's the first to score an international goal as well and winning Russian First Division Young Player of the Year is amazing. PROUD.

Poor average rating for Valderrama but decent reputation, and a possible move to a totally obscure country may be in the pipeline. Good to see he's getting game time :)

Absolutely brilliant update, appreciate the hard work being put in. Its really fun not just seeing how my player is doing but how everybody is doing! Looks like there could be some big summer moves, apart from Marley who really shouldn't be doing any moving!

Looking forward to the next update.

Archived