Sports Interactive Community
Dench57

How to fix an 'Unhappy' player?

My star player decided to throw a hissy fit because I sold some terrible reserve player that was never going to get near the first team (Thinks he should not have been sold). In the conversation after I basically told him the player wasn't good enough.Now he's been unhappy for about 3 months and is disrupting the whole team, missing training sessions and constantly stuck on 'Abysmal' morale. There's no option to interact with him, I can't have a private chat, can't offer him a new contract. He's asked to leave but he's by far my best player so I'm not losing him. My team is flying in the league and performing well above expectations. What can I do to fix this?

Did you fine him for missing the training sessions?

Other than that its reached the point where you should really cut your losses and get rid of him.

I've had the same problem with Bayern, where Lewandowski wa s unhappy about some poor talent being ship off.

I played without him almost for 6 months. Give him a few subs in some games, but otherwise benched him.

Finally his moral started to get a Little better, and I let him into the final 11 Again. He actually a few years later scored a new record of goals in the Bundesliga, to beat old Meyers record for Bundesliga goals in a season.

So for me it worked out by putting on the bench.

In fact 5-7 players were unhappy because of Lewandowski's unhappiness. But the deal was the same for them. Don't play 'till morale is ok.

It's come up a lot.

Bottom line is FM15 is severely broken.

I'm in a Conference South team with no resources so benching a load of players due to poor morale isn't really an option.

I've just released another reserve/youth team player.... half star CA with 2 star PA - utterly awful. And another first team player has coming to me unhappy saying "why have you sold one of our brightest prospects". I saved the game before and tried all 5 replies to his query, all of them end in him saying the same thing "i'm not happy with how you've dealt with this and my teammates feel the same". There's literally nothing I can do to prevent this, short of keeping all my deadweight reserve/youth players on the wage bill.

I don't know what I'm doing wrong (aside from playing lower-level), but I haven't had this situation come up even once in 260 hours of play. A player wants to leave, I let him leave, a player doesn't produce or doesn't fit the system, I move him on, and no one says anything (aside from the standard "the board is disappointed about the transfer of XXX". Any failings I have had come from gross mismanagement of the talent on the pitch.

I think the issue in this version is when a top international throws a fit because you sell a reserve, who you consider is not going to make it. I doubt that many top team players would generate such a fuss in real life, but the game is looking at the reserve's PA and concluding that he shouldn't be sold, but apparently not taking into account other criteria that affect your decision.

Sorry if this seems slightly off topic.

Is it also normal or considered ok that I have several players complaining 3 games in to a new season not getting enough first team and are now unhappy and complaining about wanting to go on loan for more first team experience. They had a good amount of games previous season and we won the EPL but it comes this season and they have played between 1-2 games and maybe come on a reserve in 1 or 2 of them. I don't understand what they are talking about wanting more game time when they have had about 50-75% of total current game time (excluding pre-season friendlies in which they got enough time to bring them up to 85-95% match fitness).

Always, and i mean ALWAYS tell the complaining player that you sold the other player because he wasn't going to get any playing time, so it was in that players best interest. Works everytime, they always agree with you!

I've just had a player who wanted to leave to win trophies so I told him we would win the champions league. In the 2nd leg of the first knockout round leading 2-1 from the first leg, the player in question gave away a penalty and scored a ridiculous own goal and finished with a rating of 4.9. We went out and he came complaining to me saying I'd broken the promise! If there was an option on FM saying *Laughing in face* "It was your fault mate!" I would have gladly picked it!

I've just had a player who wanted to leave to win trophies so I told him we would win the champions league. In the 2nd leg of the first knockout round leading 2-1 from the first leg, the player in question gave away a penalty and scored a ridiculous own goal and finished with a rating of 4.9. We went out and he came complaining to me saying I'd broken the promise! If there was an option on FM saying *Laughing in face* "It was your fault mate!" I would have gladly picked it!

Classic!

Always, and i mean ALWAYS tell the complaining player that you sold the other player because he wasn't going to get any playing time, so it was in that players best interest. Works everytime, they always agree with you!

I've tried this. I tried 4 different replies, each ended with him getting pissed off. The only one that didn't was promising "I'll replace him with a better player" - which leads to the Unhappy player having a 'Slight Concern' which will no doubt blow up again if I don't deliver on my promise.

I think the issue in this version is when a top international throws a fit because you sell a reserve, who you consider is not going to make it. I doubt that many top team players would generate such a fuss in real life, but the game is looking at the reserve's PA and concluding that he shouldn't be sold, but apparently not taking into account other criteria that affect your decision.

I'm wondering if it's something to do with my low reputation (Sunday league) and the fact that it's my first season in charge - maybe the players don't respect me. It's still ******** that there's no dialogue option to placate the player.

I'm wondering if it's something to do with my low reputation (Sunday league) and the fact that it's my first season in charge - maybe the players don't respect me. It's still ******** that there's no dialogue option to placate the player.

Most likely, your manager attributes effect how often players will come to you with these sort of problems, and how they'll respond to your points.

I've maxed out essentially all the mental attributes, and rarely get players coming to me with problems and when they do I chose the option Torminator has suggested :)

Obviously player unhappiness needs a lot of work, because although higher manager stats will lower the amount of issues, a lot of them shouldn't really be happening.

Most likely, your manager attributes effect how often players will come to you with these sort of problems, and how they'll respond to your points.

I've maxed out essentially all the mental attributes, and rarely get players coming to me with problems and when they do I chose the option Torminator has suggested :)

Obviously player unhappiness needs a lot of work, because although higher manager stats will lower the amount of issues, a lot of them shouldn't really be happening.

I was kind of wondering what those manager stats at the start did...I usually just auto-pick whatever fits the league I'm in. But this crap means I'll just be maxing out attributes to stop it happening again in future.

Player interaction is a bit weird this year. Just had a player complaning about playing time after the end of the season. Not much I could do anymore..., young players who played a few OK matches demanding new contracts, player complaining when I sell a key player for 1000% profit who was often injured and not perforning and he was also demanding 15% of my total wage when extending his contract. I just hate player interactions this year and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Player interaction is a bit weird this year. Just had a player complaning about playing time after the end of the season. Not much I could do anymore..., young players who played a few OK matches demanding new contracts, player complaining when I sell a key player for 1000% profit who was often injured and not perforning and he was also demanding 15% of my total wage when extending his contract. I just hate player interactions this year and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Yep there is something borked not just with the interactions, I love the interactions but the frequency of the same complaints. Maybe there is particular reasons he is complaining about first team football that due to the lack of variety in responses on both ends we can't determine why the game thinks he should complain. Maybe increase in variety of responses would be the key to making this a better system, also the players remembering. I find players who I get notified are now happy to stay with their role at my club then a few months later make the same complaint even though their game time hasn't really changed and especially at the end of the season when it is almost over or at the start of the next season.

I'm at 6 months left on RVP's contract because he was unhappy about lack of games, started at the end of the season as well, then they got injured, came back, didn't play them right away (match fitness obviously), put him in for a few games, injured again, moan about lack of games, and wants to leave.

can not fix this at all, can't talk to him, can't offer a new contract.

and just had a backup player demanding first team football despite only being 20, and refusing to go on loan -_-.

My star player who is in his last year of contract started a team meeting about our "Lack of Achievement" this season we were on a slide but nothing his playing better or more often (often injured) wouldn't fix. and it was just days after I had done a team meeting about "not letting our heads drop" that had bucked up morale. His meeting sent morale and team into death spiral......I tried to free transfer him no one wanted him (4.5 Star Advanced Playmaker/shadow Striker) and then board said I needed to win next game. He got hurt 5 minutes in........of course I lost the game and was fired. A month later I was hired by a higher level club.

They tried to make squad management harder by making players whiny and not giving you any options to tell them to shut the hell up.

Personally I think its been a good addiction this season. Yeah I've had many players coming up to me asking me to accept a bid if it materialises or wanting first team football, but it all comes down to what sort of manager you want to be.

If a player wants first team football and you cant imagine your team without him then give him first team football. Otherwise sell him on, there are thousands of people I'm sure who would love the chance to play for your team.

I've had problems with players demanding first team football but in 10 years I've only succumbed once because in my opinion no player is bigger than the club.

I've also lost a few players because I've not won a trophy after promising them it, as soon as I've failed the promise I've forced a move, its better losing one key player than having 10 key players morale so low they cant be bothered to get out of bed in the morning!

I have a player every week having a whinge about not having played enough first team football - even though

1. hes been out injured half the bloody season

and/or

2. he has the one of the highest starting counts

Its really starting to **** me off because now I have one of the moaners claiming I have broken a promise to him and the rest of the squad now have the hump

Personally I think its been a good addiction this season. Yeah I've had many players coming up to me asking me to accept a bid if it materialises or wanting first team football, but it all comes down to what sort of manager you want to be.

If a player wants first team football and you cant imagine your team without him then give him first team football. Otherwise sell him on, there are thousands of people I'm sure who would love the chance to play for your team.

I've had problems with players demanding first team football but in 10 years I've only succumbed once because in my opinion no player is bigger than the club.

I've also lost a few players because I've not won a trophy after promising them it, as soon as I've failed the promise I've forced a move, its better losing one key player than having 10 key players morale so low they cant be bothered to get out of bed in the morning!

A player asking for first time football is one thing. But what about my scenario, when after releasing a nobody youth team player my star player throws a fit and disrupts the whole dressing room for months, with NO interaction possible on my behalf to change it? It's completely broken and something I'm sure they'll look at next time.

Anyway, I continued to play my 'Unhappy' player in the first team, and after 5 months of being 'Unhappy' he has now decided to stay. Probably because we're massively overachieving in the league.

This is why I always play at international player*/highest coaching badge and go full right bar, so I can have as much discipline and man management as humanly possible

*because everyone would equally respect a former Italy international and a former Canada international