Sports Interactive Community
fenomeno9

Cool idea for next FM: Build your own club......when you have the money!

As it stands now, the wage you make as a manager in FM, is a useless feature.

To give it more meaning, i think it could be nice to somehow use your earnings after lets say 20-30 seasons or whatever, to start your own club. In-game there should be a creator (much like the editor, just much more user friendly) making it possible to create kits, stadium, logo, name and so on, whenever you decide to go for opening a club. A feature to seek investment partners would be nice as well.

What do you guys think?

It's ok to think out of the box sometimes my friend. Just because you haven't seen it directly, it doesn't mean it wouldn't be a good feature. David Beckham is doing it kind of anyway, even though he was a player and not a manager.

no mate...... just no...... what managers have you ever heard do that?? its football manager not football businessman

By the same token what unknown footballer aged 14 has ever been appointed manager of Manchester United?

Amazing how some craze realism (but then again...).

Well considering that the game doesn't allow you to create a manager aged below something like 25 that shoots down your argument right away.

It is 21

So:

By the same token what unknown footballer aged 21 has ever been appointed manager of Manchester United?

I would like a feature that would allow me to transfer it into my bank account.;)

no mate...... just no...... what managers have you ever heard do that?? its football manager not football businessman

Not necessarily managers, but Nicky Butt, Gary Neville, Ryan Giggs and Paul Scholes purchased Salford City, a semi-pro team (and then sold 50% of it, but that's beside the point). Giggs was player/manager after Moyes was fired and remains assistant manager at United. So there's definitely precedent.

This comes up about every six months or so - be a director of a club or buy a club or something similar, and this thread.

It's just a complete waste of time development wise when there is so many other things needs fixing and improving in the current game as it stands.

Don't need a rubbish awful club creator tasking to takeover what the SI team have so much to do already.

I'd rather the UI be fixed and the game be thoroughly polished before adding any new features.

The higher your wages the better job security, if the club cannot afford to pay your contract then the club cannot sack you, so the feature isn't completely useless.

It's been up before. You earn a wage, but nothing about mortgage, loans or other debts, bills etc. that you can accumulate in real life.

I mean how far should the game go? Do you have college bills for kids, a VHI, a pension... etc.

None of those are in the game, but part of real life...

It's Football Manager, not Life Manager...

Your wage is stipulates how good a manager you are, the lower the wage you're on the more lower league clubs can pursue you, the higher the wage the higher the rep of club pursuing you can contact you.

I wouldn't expect Mick McCarthy to be called for the Chelsea job, nor Mourinho for the Hull job etc.

There should be ways for us to invest our money but not this way.

Well, we could always be allowed to invest them in the team we are currently managing. Would be useful for people who play long-terms, especially for people who start as freelancers and then they end up in a team where it just clicks and they want to make it work.

Or making deals with your team that you will help cover the cost of a facility upgrade.

It's not like there's many other options that make much sense in that regard really. Otherwise it would be some silly decorative stuff that most people wound stop bothering with as soon as the novelty was gone.

Investing in team - name one manager who has? It's rare.

Deals to cover cost of upgrades - name one example?

I've said this for a long time:

You reach about 65-80 years of age.

At some point you're forced to retire.

You're at this stage prompted to "invest in a club"

At this point you can select any club to pump whatever you've earned into.

At this point your current profile is retired.

Your former self is the chairman, with traits for "using youth players", or "buying expensive players", etc.

And from here on out you're starting afresh as a manager and your former self is the chairman.

That's the only way I see it working.

Investing in team - name one manager who has? It's rare.

Deals to cover cost of upgrades - name one example?

I've said this for a long time:

You reach about 65-80 years of age.

At some point you're forced to retire.

You're at this stage prompted to "invest in a club"

At this point you can select any club to pump whatever you've earned into.

At this point your current profile is retired.

Your former self is the chairman, with traits for "using youth players", or "buying expensive players", etc.

And from here on out you're starting afresh as a manager and your former self is the chairman.

That's the only way I see it working.

That would be nice as well indeed. I'd be up for supporting that.

But it would also have to be that you can only have talks with clubs that are actually on their way to takeover discussions and/or have a chairman that is interested in selling.

Miles even said before this FM came out in some interview it would never happen..Its Football Manager, I'l do the same as Miles and direct you to the app "Football Chairman" created by somebody else at SI..Decent game! Very addictive.

As for anything to do with wages being spent in game...NO...NO...NO.

I'd just like to be able to pay for my own coaching certifications - my LLM club lets my assman pay for his own classes, but whenever I try, they say they don't have the money for it...but I make more than my assman and he's now got a higher certification than me.

I'd just like to be able to pay for my own coaching certifications - my LLM club lets my assman pay for his own classes, but whenever I try, they say they don't have the money for it...but I make more than my assman and he's now got a higher certification than me.

Something like this is plausible? But not investments/houses/pets or whatever else people want.

Something like this is plausible? But not investments/houses/pets or whatever else people want.

I'm sorry, I don't understand your question. The ability to improve my manager through education pursued has a fairly significant impact on my progress in-game. The ability to have a housepet and a 3-bedroom flat near the stadium does NOT have an impact on my progress. My club doesn't evidently have money for my progress, it doesn't have money to relay the pitch between seasons, but

I've kept salaries $7,000/wk below the budgeted levels (a total of $364,000 over a year) but they can't spare $900 for my certification, and they evidently feel I can't spare $900, either?

I'm sorry, I don't understand your question. The ability to improve my manager through education pursued has a fairly significant impact on my progress in-game. The ability to have a housepet and a 3-bedroom flat near the stadium does NOT have an impact on my progress. My club doesn't evidently have money for my progress, it doesn't have money to relay the pitch between seasons, but

I've kept salaries $7,000/wk below the budgeted levels (a total of $364,000 over a year) but they can't spare $900 for my certification, and they evidently feel I can't spare $900, either?

Haha poor grammar on my end, I agreed with what you said.

I agree, if my club can't pay for my certification, let me, I've been in this position many times as well podunkboy​and it's annoying when you see coaches or assistants paying for their own.

Terrible idea, sorry. Utterly horrible. Creating a club is not the point of the game. Like other people have said, if you want to do that, use the editor or play a different game. It should never, has no right to ever be, part of the full game. The game is about managing a club, not running it, not having complete control or you'd never be sacked etc.

If you want to do this, buy the in game editor and do some role-playing. It is not too complicated to do if you are willing to follow the rules you set. I have dabbled with this when a save has started to get a little stale for one reason or another.

the money should be used for earnings in the hall of fame ,as in career earnings and seasons spent overall .as of now it looks a bloody mess