Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
dking

Scouting/Africa

Is there any point in scouting African regions if you're managing in England? I send top scouts but they never come back with anything.

It's a huge continent with many nations, there are gems to be found but it will take time.

Your best bet is to scour U20 teams for some of those countries or scout the AFCON when it is on. I find that African countries tend to give their regens caps quite early in their career, so that should make you able to find them :)

I've spent years searching there but I seem to find more players then my scouts do.

But they usually have bad attitudes of can't get work permits

Yes, scouting countries is far more productive than scouting continents.

I'd also suggest scouting the African U20 Championship when it's on.

Quick question about Scouts

If all of my scouts are already assigned but I then ask for a tournament (like the African U20 Championship) to be scouted will one of my scouts automatically break off to do this nearer the time? ... especially if I have a few in Africa anyway

or is it down to me to stop an assignment and allocate the new scout myself?

And also :)

Is one scout sufficient for a tournament or would 2-3 be better to ensure all games covered etc?

after managing in france i noticed a lot of the players in the youth intakes seem to be africans that moved to france and gained nationality there, so it's a good idea to scout the french u19 competition as well since you can find great players from africa with EU nationality

I have found some real gems in Africa, specifically South Africa, Ivory Coast and Ghana. I regularly manually ask for team reports from clubs in those countries.

after managing in france i noticed a lot of the players in the youth intakes seem to be africans that moved to france and gained nationality there, so it's a good idea to scout the french u19 competition as well since you can find great players from africa with EU nationality

They aren't africans that moved to France and got nationality recently.

France kinda has a history of screwing half the continent.(and Oceania) People just keep their second nationality through heritage.

You can even see the birthplace of most of them from what I recall.