Should i feel quilty?

I played my second string team in a league match because i had an important semi final second leg tie with Barcelona after leading 1-0 at Anfield, so i was putting in all my available first team players for the Barca game i press continue to match only to my horror i missed my first choice rightback (i still had my backup rightback in the team) so i decided to restart the game after it would finish, but in the back of my mind had i won i more than likely would have continued but i lost and lost buy 5-1 i did restart the game WITH my first choice rightback and i lost the match itself but won on away goals so now im through to the final. Would you guys have kept going and teken the loss even though you might have not started a player you WOULD have played and missed?

I had to restart a game the other day because while setting my lineup, I accidently somehow put a striker in goal. Was down 3-0 after 5 minutes, pulled up my tactics and said "what's HE doing in there?" You would have thought someone might have mentioned it to me earlier...

I had to restart a game the other day because while setting my lineup, I accidently somehow put a striker in goal. Was down 3-0 after 5 minutes, pulled up my tactics and said "what's HE doing in there?" You would have thought someone might have mentioned it to me earlier...

that always irked me too like i could imagine the assistant being like "what Aguero in goals? against United? sounds good to me boss"

I do take losses like that, even if players are accidentally in the wrong position (outfielder in goal might be the exception) which did happen not that long ago, especially as it was at the end of the session so I forgot to correct the mistake at the start of the next session. It's not usually that big a handicap so I can't really point to that specifically as a reason for defeat and having made the error it's about accepting the consequences as the game does show a player's position effectiveness and I only have myself to blame.

I don't feel badly reloading for blatantly gamist reasons. A manager is just gonna say "alright, boys, if you played last match you're rested today." He doesn't have to worry about manually replacing everyone and clicking confirm, or leaving a tactics screen without clicking save or whatever.

Personally, I never reload for my mistakes - I never reload to recover from losses even if I feel the reload was justified.

I recently played Genoa in a champions league group game and beat them 5-0. While I was busy preparing for the next game a we had a power cut (we have rolling black outs here). The second time we played them we lost 2-1 - extremely frustrating! Granted it had no effect on where we finished in the group but my general policy is 'them's the breaks'.

that always irked me too like i could imagine the assistant being like "what Aguero in goals? against United? sounds good to me boss"

And, although it's a basic example, this ties in with the Assistants and coaching staff not providing adequate feedback. There is no way at all a coaching team would let a side start with a non-goalkeeper between the sticks without some kind of "You sure, boss?".

I don't feel badly reloading for blatantly gamist reasons. A manager is just gonna say "alright, boys, if you played last match you're rested today." He doesn't have to worry about manually replacing everyone and clicking confirm, or leaving a tactics screen without clicking save or whatever.

Same for me but I would have reloaded as soon as I spotted the mistake

And, although it's a basic example, this ties in with the Assistants and coaching staff not providing adequate feedback. There is no way at all a coaching team would let a side start with a non-goalkeeper between the sticks without some kind of "You sure, boss?".

The pre match reporter warns you, but by then it's too late anyway. "I was going to pick Man City for the win, but with Aguero in goal........" Gives you a chance to restart the game before kickoff.

Personally, I never reload for my mistakes - I never reload to recover from losses even if I feel the reload was justified.

I recently played Genoa in a champions league group game and beat them 5-0. While I was busy preparing for the next game a we had a power cut (we have rolling black outs here). The second time we played them we lost 2-1 - extremely frustrating! Granted it had no effect on where we finished in the group but my general policy is 'them's the breaks'.

You play on a PC? In Africa? Even playing on my laptop our power cuts have stopped me trying to play 'online' for five years. It takes a brave man to be in deepest, darkest Africa - but an even braver one to be relying on a constant power supply :lol:

Archived