Transfers - discussion on the mechanics and issues .

Because no-one real-life club would ever bid £15M for a 15 year old. It would never happen.

Would you rather the game didn't let you bid for these players and instead just say 'not for sale'?

No, because they are for sale? Which ylt's post shows. If someone had bid £4m for Shaw at Southampton they would have accepted, no?

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you managed Southampton would you have accepted a £4m bid?

It completely depends on the clubs financial position, which makes me ask how can a team in say a Bulgarian league afford to turn down £7m?

And on that, if I had a young player with the potential like that, I may turn down £4m but certainly not £15m

It completely depends on the clubs financial position, which makes me ask how can a team in say a Bulgarian league afford to turn down £7m?

Its just not that simple to say they turn down £7m.

There is far more going on within the transfer logic, you don't just turn up and wave some money in their face.

No, because they are for sale? Which ylt's post shows. If someone had bid £4m for Shaw at Southampton they would have accepted, no?

Of course they wouldn't have accepted £4M, he was one of their highest rated players for many years before he came to the attentions of the general EPL fan.

Point is at 14 and 15 no-one would have bid for him.

If someone had come to Southampton at that time and asked if they could buy Luke Shaw, Southampton would have told them he wasn't for sale. The interested club wouldn't then have bidded £5M for a 15 year-old because its a reckless price. It wouldn't ever happen.

The same happens with players later in their careers, a team wants to buy Pogba for example, Juventus say we'll only accept silly money, currently he's being touted around Europe for £80-100M. Why do you think you have a right to buy any player you want, regardless of their age?

Everyone has a price, yes, but when a club says that a player is not for sale what they're really saying is we'll only sell him for silly money, doesn't matter what age they are, interested clubs then realise they aren't for sale and because no club would ever sanction spending big money on a youngster they soon back-off.

I don't really see why some people are struggling to understand this.

Please elaborate...

I would love to but I simply don't have the energy atm to post as much as I would like on the subject :(

There have been loads of threads this year on the subject and I've posted extensively in them.

Personally speaking I think the transfer market is very good providing you approach it in the same manner you would IRL. You need to have a balanced game world setup, have realistic expectations (which means you don't have a divine right to sign anyone you want), be able to identify what is a realistic purchase, be able to identify when & who you can sell a player to, be able to make the most of the media & negotiation to get the best deal when buying or selling.

If you read Alex's long response in the other thread it should give you an idea of the depth SI have gone into with regards to player personalities & the transfer market.

EDIT

Not the other thread, this thread on the first page :rolleyes:

Sterling was on a youth contract so they only needed to agree compensation, they didn't bid for him.

Fair enough, you clearly don't agree with my opinion. But that's just what it is and I suppose SI can't cater for everyone. Not a game breaker for me but I believe that young players have to high a sale value.

I would love to but I simply don't have the energy atm to post as much as I would like on the subject :(

There have been loads of threads this year on the subject and I've posted extensively in them.

Personally speaking I think the transfer market is very good providing you approach it in the same manner you would IRL. You need to have a balanced game world setup, have realistic expectations (which means you don't have a divine right to sign anyone you want), be able to identify what is a realistic purchase, be able to identify when & who you can sell a player to, be able to make the most of the media & negotiation to get the best deal when buying or selling.

If you read Alex's long response in the other thread it should give you an idea of the depth SI have gone into with regards to player personalities & the transfer market.

Again, fair points made. Can see what you are saying but believe it is just slightly too extreme in some cases.

Again, fair points made. Can see what you are saying but believe it is just slightly too extreme in some cases.

Everybody has their own opinions so SI have an impossible job making it to fit them all.

Even then you get extreme situations from time to time which isn't that different to the RL where examples could be Ronaldo's transfer to Real or Gerrard never leaving Liverpool.

The biggest single issue some users seem to have in this version is not recognising or accepting when the other team don't want to sell.

For those that are interested;

Very few players under the age of 18/19 are actually transferred the usual way (bidding, big being accepted, contract then agreed etc.), most of them are signed due to their youth contracts running out and them choosing to join another club, it's hard to think of a RL example of someone being bought who was under the age of 18. Halilović was one though I think.

Actually from memory;

Sterling, Serge Gnabry, Miyaichi, Januzaj, Jordan Ibe and Zelalem were all signed for compensation (or other contractual reasons) as opposed to having bids placed on them.

Crowley and Halilović were both signed after having bids accepted on them.

I think it's pointless to search for young talents in Football Manager. When you search for young talents, the point is to find a very CHEAP young talented player. But that's nearly impossible in Football Manager.

Its very hard to find a young talents and nearly impossible to buy them. Here is why;

1- first I have to use time to find the best scouts (thats fair enough)

2- I have to use many hours to find young players who might have big potentiel attributes (thats also fair enough)

3- I have to use months (maybe 3 months) to scout a player (well i have the patience)

4- After countless months, when I get the final scout report and want to buy the young prospect - the club want a crazy amount of money !!!

Every 15 year old player i want to buy, the club want about 20-60m pounds for them!!! No matter what, thats so unrealistic! A worldclass player like Fabregas or Alexis costs about 30m pound, so how in earth can a 15 year old player (with a unknown future) cost so much??? This is so unrealistic and ruins the game! Let us take a look in real life - no way will a 15 year old talent cost 20-60m pounds!

Here an example of how BROKEN the transfer engine is in Football Manager (Please SI fix it!!)

There is a 14 year old regen in my save, who has 139PA and his club want 21m pounds for him !!! This will NEVER EVER happen in real life - NEVER!!

And again there is a 15 year old regen who has 142PA and his club want 18m pounds for him!! This RUINS the game!

You can get worldclass players for 10m pounds! How in earth can a 14-15 year old (with a unknown future) cost about 20m pounds ???

Here an example of how BROKEN the transfer engine is in Football Manager (Please SI fix it!!)

There is a 14 year old regen in my save, who has 139PA and his club want 21m pounds for him !!! This will NEVER EVER happen in real life - NEVER!!

And again there is a 15 year old regen who has 142PA and his club want 18m pounds for him!! This RUINS the game!

You can get worldclass players for 10m pounds! How in earth can a 14-15 year old (with a unknown future) cost about 20m pounds ???

We've explained this to you in the posts above, there's no point us re-writing it all.

It's not a bug, it's working as intended.

In my current save Juventus just offered me 12 thousand pounds - for Hugo Lloris (he's now 31) ... what? I often get asked to seel star players for little or no money. Seems strange to me. But if you work hard you can sign almost any player in the game. But it's frustrating when I have to work so hard and Juve ... try to sneak my goalie for 12 thousand quid when he is worth millions.... and I haven't even got him transfer listed etc.

I have found that the scout's prediction is quite accurate on what I'll have to pay for a player. What I usually do is narrow down the list of players on the scouting page to about 10 (usually just by setting the attribute/position I want), scout them all, then only seriously consider the players with a range of predicted prices. In ~2020 with Leicester I just bought 4 u23 players that are all major upgrades for my team for $30 million US total.

If you're going to try to buy a player that your scouts tell you the team doesn't want to sell, you're going to pay a heavy premium (unless you manage to unsettle the player).

One thing I will do is identify targets very early and start working on unsettling them months in advance of the window, in the hopes that they'll demand to be allowed to talk to me (which seems to happen to me all the time, so why not get some players that way on my own?!). If the player says "playing for a side like ____ is a dream come true", then you have some hope of convincing the team to sell at a reasonable price.

If you're ignoring your scouts advice on price then you're doing it wrong, because in my experience it's pretty accurate.

Just thought I'll add my thoughts on the scouting of PPA. After reading through the vast majority of this thread.

To keep scouts giving reports on PPA, would it not be to impossible for them to use hidden mental stats, to give an opinion on the players likely ability to achieve their PA.

Instead of showing a star rating for PA, you scout would say 'I feel the player has the mental capability to improve.'

Or,

'I feel this player doesn't have the mental capability to improve.'

Now these remarks would have to be worked out on more ridged mentality descriptions, because at the moment they can overlap.

So you wouldn't know if a player is a 4.5PA or can only increase from a CA 0.5 to a CA 1.5. There the element of risky would be involved, you can still use the tutoring system to improve mental abilities.

So if you see a youth player with poor key attributes but good mentality, your scout will tell you he can improve but you don't know you big his potential is.

Would just like to add my voice to the frustrations around the pricing for players (particularly youngsters) who either haven't played or have played badly. Two heavy a reliance on CA and PA, especially on PA compared to previous editions.

E.g. Juventus wanting £91m for an 18 year old who has never played a competitive game of football. I understand having a "we're really not interested in selling" valuation - but the "everybody has a price" realistic limit should be lower than it currently is for unproven talented youngsters.

Or Chelsea buying a winger for £15m, he plays 2 games and does terribly all season, but through training his CA improves (although never given the opportunity to show it) and is then bought by someone else for £35m in January

So if the "everyone has a price" limit is lower, then the players will be bought when the team doesn't really want to sell. It defeats the whole purpose of why it is the way it is currently.

It does indeed, because the argument is that the way it is currently isn't reflective of real life from a selling club point of view.

Ignoring that what the human player club does would be unrealistic, which is the nature of the game being, well, a game.

Would any club flat out refuse any bid for an 18 year old who has never played a first team game? Unlikely in 99% of scenarios.

Assuming everyone does have a price, would any club only accept £80m and not a penny less for the same player? As above.

I'm not sure how those points can be argued against, the only valid point I can see for the way it is at the moment, is an arbitrary gamer gate to stop people scouting and snapping up all the good young talent on the cheap

The issue is that players and the AI know too specifically how good a potential talent will be. If Juventus have 5 new youth players and they will sell you 4 of them for £2m each, and the 5th for nothing less than £90m, I'd say that's not very realistic.

I think it's pointless to search for young talents in Football Manager. When you search for young talents, the point is to find a very CHEAP young talented player. But that's nearly impossible in Football Manager.

Its very hard to find a young talents and nearly impossible to buy them. Here is why;

1- first I have to use time to find the best scouts (thats fair enough)

2- I have to use many hours to find young players who might have big potentiel attributes (thats also fair enough)

3- I have to use months (maybe 3 months) to scout a player (well i have the patience)

4- After countless months, when I get the final scout report and want to buy the young prospect - the club want a crazy amount of money !!!

Every 15 year old player i want to buy, the club want about 20-60m pounds for them!!! No matter what, thats so unrealistic! A worldclass player like Fabregas or Alexis costs about 30m pound, so how in earth can a 15 year old player (with a unknown future) cost so much??? This is so unrealistic and ruins the game! Let us take a look in real life - no way will a 15 year old talent cost 20-60m pounds!

Not every club stands around asking stupid money for all their young players. I've actually managed to bring in a whole host of young players for quite cheap (<£1 mil), and a good number are now in my first team. The key is that you don't expect clubs with plenty of money to roll over and give up players they consider to be potentially stars for them in the future.

The real question is why you're signing 15 year olds. How often do big clubs let their 15 year old talents go at all? Also, how often do clubs ask £20-60 mil for young players (~17-19 year olds), the only clubs I've seen do things like that are Bayern and the like.

My question is why you're bidding for 15 year old players at all, surely they're too young to gauge how good they're going to be. Surely anything over the couple of mil mark is completely ridiculous from your side, as the scouts are hugely unlikely to know whether they'll be anything from 3-5 star potential. I think I've seen one player who looks the part at 15, and seems good enough to justify attempting any kind of deal, but he looks like the next Messi, and my scouts think he has all the right qualities, but even then, £5 mil seems a bit steep at this point. I don't know, maybe putting two past my first team in a preseason friendly makes him seem better than he may be, but you know. The worry for a player like him though, is even if he looks great at this age, he may simply not develop. I've seen a 15 year old top level leftback who now at about 19-20 has not changed one bit. I mean, he'd still make a very good leftback, good enough for most top division sides, but maybe not becoming the superstar he looked like he'd become.

It does indeed, because the argument is that the way it is currently isn't reflective of real life from a selling club point of view.

Ignoring that what the human player club does would be unrealistic, which is the nature of the game being, well, a game.

Would any club flat out refuse any bid for an 18 year old who has never played a first team game? Unlikely in 99% of scenarios.

Assuming everyone does have a price, would any club only accept £80m and not a penny less for the same player? As above.

I'm not sure how those points can be argued against, the only valid point I can see for the way it is at the moment, is an arbitrary gamer gate to stop people scouting and snapping up all the good young talent on the cheap

The issue is that players and the AI know too specifically how good a potential talent will be. If Juventus have 5 new youth players and they will sell you 4 of them for £2m each, and the 5th for nothing less than £90m, I'd say that's not very realistic.

That's some nice hyperbole you've got there.

First up, the vast majority of "5 star" youth players, tend to never even get close. The "fog of war" as some have put it is actually quite good in this game. I've seen 15 year older players, top class at all, my scouts telling me that they'll be 5 star etc., simply not improve in the slightest over a number of years. In my simulated game (the one I used to test something else), it becomes quite clear that the determining factor for their price was the club's position (finances, squad quality, etc.) and their reading of the potential (which could mean anything). They're just as likely to ask for megabucks for players who don't even have the potential to play at the top level, as they are to ask for players with the potential to be the best ever, so long as they're read their potential to be the same, which can and does happen in game.

Secondly, the most I've ever seen a club refuse to accept (fiddling in my long term simulation game) was around £60 mil, and this lad was the looking like the next Messi. They may well have a superstar in the making at their club that they want to keep, but the lad could just as easily end up being a nobody in the future. As for the rest being "£2 mil each", going through Juventus, most of the players they'd sign to pro deals they actually wanted a decent around (>£8 mil for the best ones), but they hadn't actually signed anyone still in their U18s to a pro deal. I don't know, maybe they didn't rate them. 5 new youth players though, that sounds like they're in an unloaded league.

Thirdly, clubs that have minimum release clauses on players who they don't want to sell, tend to reject all bids, and just wait for you to use the release clause.

That's some nice hyperbole you've got there.

No Hyperbole, just genuine examples from my game.

First up, the vast majority of "5 star" youth players, tend to never even get close.

Not in my game, in my game I can scout and instantly know which youth players will become big stars. And going by the prices those clubs put on those players, so does the AI.

The "fog of war" as some have put it is actually quite good in this game.

I disagree, I think it's very bad, even for a non seasoned FM veteran it's clear to player and AI which players are going to be stars.

I've seen 15 year old players, top class at all, my scouts telling me that they'll be 5 star etc., simply not improve in the slightest over a number of years.

Again, this isn't something I've seen in any of my games or any of my seasons.

They're just as likely to ask for megabucks for players who don't even have the potential to play at the top level, as they are to ask for players with the potential to be the best ever, so long as they're read their potential to be the same, which can and does happen in game.

Have never once seen this happen. Have never even remotely close to seeing a club asking for silly money for a player who won't make it big.

Secondly, the most I've ever seen a club refuse to accept (fiddling in my long term simulation game) was around £60 mil, and this lad was the looking like the next Messi.

In the course of the last two seasons I've had bids for £70m, £80m and £90m rejected by Juventus, Genoa and Chelsea for 18 year olds who haven't played a single game.

Thirdly, clubs that have minimum release clauses on players who they don't want to sell, tend to reject all bids, and just wait for you to use the release clause.

Yes I've noticed that too. But isn't connected to this particular issue.

The other issue as I stated before is not just for youth players, for players who have good CA, but play badly or not at all and are still bought and given large contracts. This isn't new to FM15, but I have noticed it quite a bit in recent games, particularly with Madrid, Barcelona, Man City and Chelsea - spending lots of money on players who have never shown they are remotely worth it. And then when they fail to perform again and are being sold, they refuse to let the player go for anything other than a profit.

No Hyperbole, just genuine examples from my game.

Could give more examples then, and squarely point out the rest of the circumstances.

Not in my game, in my game I can scout and instantly know which youth players will become big stars. And going by the prices those clubs put on those players, so does the AI.

In game editor or third party tools? I ask because that's the only way "you'd instantly know". Even the best scouts in game aren't all that accurate. For example, fiddling around with that 20 year simulated game, the best scouts in the game have rated 140 PA players above 180 PA players. It's all quite fuzzy when you're dealing with players under 19ish, even then you don't get a great idea until they're into their 20s unless they're something truly special, but even then they can just stop improving. In any case, either you're grossly overestimating your scouts, or you're peaking under the hood.

I disagree, I think it's very bad, even for a non seasoned FM veteran it's clear to player and AI which players are going to be stars.

Again, not the case.

Again, this isn't something I've seen in any of my games or any of my seasons.

It happens, not even that rare even.

Have never once seen this happen. Have never even remotely close to seeing a club asking for silly money for a player who won't make it big.

It's entirely based on what they think they'll be. This includes big clubs over estimating the ability of young players. On average, players that are highly rated are more likely "to make it big", but it's not always the case. For example, fiddling around on my simulated game (was done to test some things about regens), if I just go through the young sides of big clubs it's clear that whilst they have an idea, it's not all that clear to them:

Bayern want £25 million for a 133 PA player

Bayern will accept £210k for a 131 PA player

Bayern want £2.5 million for a 124 PA player

Bayern want £19 million for a 134 PA player

Bayern want £17 million for a 121 PA player

Bayern want £20 million for a 125 PA player

Werder want £36 million for a 195 PA player

Werder want £37 million for a 160 PA player

Werder want £16 million for a 143 PA player

Werder want £2.7 million for a 140 PA player

PSG want £26 million for a 146 PA player

PSG want £23 million for a 174 PA player

Man U want £9 million for a 131 PA player

Man U want £9 million for a 147 PA player

Arsenal want £44 million for a 166 PA player

Arsenal want £38 million for a 178 PA player

Zenit want £45 million for a 143 PA player

Zenit want £42 million for a 157 PA player

Zenit want £43 million for a 138 PA player

etc.

All these players were 17 years or younger.

As is clear though, it's just spaghetti to the wall. There's a vague relation if you average it over a huge number of them, as you'd expect. However, as has been clear, if all you're going on is their value, you've got a serious chance of signing some plonkers. That's not even an exhaustive search, that's just going from the young players at some clubs around Europe that came to mind.

In the course of the last two seasons I've had bids for £70m, £80m and £90m rejected by Juventus, Genoa and Chelsea for 18 year olds who haven't played a single game.

Really? I've never seen an AI team reject such an offer for such a player. In any case, I guess it means they really rate the player. My question is why you're bidding £70m, £80m, £90m etc. for 18 year olds who haven't played a game yet?

Yes I've noticed that too. But isn't connected to this particular issue.

This is not an issue. This is SI making it so when a club means "go away, we're not selling" that they still have a fee that they'd accept which is appropriate to the club. For example, Bayern want to keep their "next Messi", but he's young, anything could happen, and they wouldn't reject £60+ million for him.

The other issue as I stated before is not just for youth players, for players who have good CA, but play badly or not at all and are still bought and given large contracts. This isn't new to FM15, but I have noticed it quite a bit in recent games, particularly with Madrid, Barcelona, Man City and Chelsea - spending lots of money on players who have never shown they are remotely worth it. And then when they fail to perform again and are being sold, they refuse to let the player go for anything other than a profit.

That happens in real life too. There are plenty of players who have made careers out of being "talented" without ever being particularly good, and that includes being passed around big clubs, both at young level, and as they get older. I still think reputation (which drives value and transfers) is a bit too CA driven and not performance driven enough, but ultimately it's a balance issue.

You do realise though that not every club gets every transfer right every single time. In fact, clubs make plonker transfers all the time.

Its been like this for years and SI refuse to do anything about it. I have had 1,000s of examples of plain unrealistic transfer market issues over the years, and its the reason I stopped buying the game. Its complained about every single year by many. They are too busy focusing on the nonsense they keep adding each year.

Trying to buy a backup LB at 2m and the AI wanting 30 million, me refusing then next month they sell him to the AI for 500k. Loads of that type thing.

Going 10 seasons without a sniff of interest from the AI for any of my players. Leading goal scorers, wonderkids. I'm assuming this is not fixed yet either.

The AI want to pay nothing for your players but expect record breaking transfer fees for each one of their players.

Theres just too many instances where its completely unrealistic and their isnt an explanation you can argue it away with.

AI is useless, in this department has been for ages and for me its utterly gamebreaking.

Its been like this for years and SI refuse to do anything about it. I have had 1,000s of examples of plain unrealistic transfer market issues over the years, and its the reason I stopped buying the game. Its complained about every single year by many. They are too busy focusing on the nonsense they keep adding each year.

Trying to buy a backup LB at 2m and the AI wanting 30 million, me refusing then next month they sell him to the AI for 500k. Loads of that type thing.

Going 10 seasons without a sniff of interest from the AI for any of my players. Leading goal scorers, wonderkids. I'm assuming this is not fixed yet either.

The AI want to pay nothing for your players but expect record breaking transfer fees for each one of their players.

Theres just too many instances where its completely unrealistic and their isnt an explanation you can argue it away with.

AI is useless, in this department has been for ages and for me its utterly gamebreaking.

...step one, check your installation, is the game called Football Manager 15. Step two, is it made by SI. If you have checked one and two, and this problem exists, then recheck one and two.

I mean seriously, I've not seen one of your problems. Occasionally clubs are in financial trouble and will suddenly drop their asking price, but surely if you have a player on your shortlist you'd know when another club bids and go back in for them if it meant that much. A clot could have changed in that time, though your example sounds either old or an extreme exaggeration.

As for the AI not wanting your players, in the last 3 seasons the AI have come in, of their own accord and taken my:

- Top goalscorer: £50.5 million (after Champions League qualification)

- Captain : £51 million (when we were 6th in the league, season after we qualified for the Champions League)

- My most consistent winger: £56 million (after winning the German Cup)

- My inconsistent, unfit, but occasionally brilliant midfielder: £28 million (same as above)

I've even had clubs come in for my transfer listed players on their own after nobody wanted for for about 6 months. The AI most definitely come for your players in the right circumstances. They want your good ones (as you'd expect), but they come for them.

I do wonder how you'd know anything about FM15 if you "stopped buying the game" though.

Call it game-breaking all you want, this is you being lazy. They didn't want to sell and you failed to follow up on a player who became unhappy at not being sold. You gave the other AI clubs an easy transfer.

...step one, check your installation, is the game called Football Manager 15. Step two, is it made by SI. If you have checked one and two, and this problem exists, then recheck one and two.

I mean seriously, I've not seen one of your problems. Occasionally clubs are in financial trouble and will suddenly drop their asking price, but surely if you have a player on your shortlist you'd know when another club bids and go back in for them if it meant that much. A clot could have changed in that time, though your example sounds either old or an extreme exaggeration.

As for the AI not wanting your players, in the last 3 seasons the AI have come in, of their own accord and taken my:

- Top goalscorer: £50.5 million (after Champions League qualification)

- Captain : £51 million (when we were 6th in the league, season after we qualified for the Champions League)

- My most consistent winger: £56 million (after winning the German Cup)

- My inconsistent, unfit, but occasionally brilliant midfielder: £28 million (same as above)

I've even had clubs come in for my transfer listed players on their own after nobody wanted for for about 6 months. The AI most definitely come for your players in the right circumstances. They want your good ones (as you'd expect), but they come for them.

Thats always been the case. For some it works for some it doesnt. If you pick Mancity or whoever and play with half a dozen leagues and a small database no problem, start lower league with lots of leagues and lots of players within 5 years the transfer market falls to pieces.

Call it game-breaking all you want, this is you being lazy. They didn't want to sell and you failed to follow up on a player who became unhappy at not being sold. You gave the other AI clubs an easy transfer.

No, cos I did follow it up but he chose a lower league club for less wages like you do to sit in their reserves instead.

Transfer market has been broke for years. People complaining of the sanme issues. Si saying they will look into it but never do. Do a search.

No, cos I did follow it up but he chose a lower league club for less wages like you do to sit in their reserves instead.

Transfer market has been broke for years. People complaining of the sanme issues. Si saying they will look into it but never do. Do a search.

I don't have to do a search. I know the game well enough. You'll be hard-pressed to find an example like that in the latest version. I've seen one such case reported and it was recognised by SI as a bug, so no idea where you're getting your info from.

I don't have to do a search. I know the game well enough. You'll be hard-pressed to find an example like that in the latest version. I've seen one such case reported and it was recognised by SI as a bug, so no idea where you're getting your info from.

It is an older version. I said I assume they havent fixed it because it has been a problem for years. I didnt buy this years because of the constant broken transfer market every year.

But its funny. When I complained about it in previous versions people said it didnt exist then, but now its fixed so doesnt exist now.

But I come to check to see if the transfer market has been fixed this year and if people are still complaining about it I guess its still copy and pasted from the last 5 year.

So wait, what you're saying is that you did follow up and had an offer accepted for him, and he turned you down? Did he turn you down in negotiations (so no deal was agreed) or did he reject you after having come up with an acceptable deal with you?

Thats always been the case. For some it works for some it doesnt. If you pick Mancity or whoever and play with half a dozen leagues and a small database no problem, start lower league with lots of leagues and lots of players within 5 years the transfer market falls to pieces.

Started in 2.Bundesliga, large database, have the English, Spanish, German and Italy leagues loaded (England to 4, Germany to 2, Italy and Spain to 1).

You're talking about a £2 million transfer, that's hardly lower league. What do you mean "falls to pieces" by the way? Are you actually playing FM15?

It is an older version. I said I assume they havent fixed it because it has been a problem for years. I didnt buy this years because of the constant broken transfer market every year.

But its funny. When I complained about it in previous versions people said it didnt exist then, but now its fixed so doesnt exist now.

But I come to check to see if the transfer market has been fixed this year and if people are still complaining about it I guess its still copy and pasted from the last 5 year.

How much older are we talking here? Are you actually complaining about older FMs in a thread about FM15?

But I come to check the forums to see if the transfer market has been fixed this year and if people are still complaining about it And its literally the first thread I see. so I guess its still copy and pasted from the last 5 year.

But I come to check the forums to see if the transfer market has been fixed this year and if people are still complaining about it And its literally the first thread I see. so I guess its still copy and pasted from the last 5 year.

The transfer market works very well for 99% of the time. There will always be people who don't understand it, so they complain. It's the same with everything else too.

Best you can do is to see for yourself and make up your own mind.

What are you complaining about then? Are you actually complaining about a problem that doesn't exist in the game simply because you felt it existed at one point?

When did anyone say it was "fixed" by the way?

If you're not playing the game, you have no reason to be complaining about it.

That was just a quick search from the last 2 month.

Its been a problem for years and its still not fixed. Go back every FM and its the same thing about AI not interested in buying or selling.

Whilst there have been issues with it in the past to differing degrees virtually every thread that has been created in recent years has seen the user in question influence the behaviour of the market negatively.

This is either through poor choices, a lack of patience or poor communication with the transfer module. There is also the issue of the user having unrealistic expectations.

Whilst there have been issues with it in the past to differing degrees virtually every thread that has been created in recent years has seen the user in question influence the behaviour of the market negatively.

This is either through poor choices, a lack of patience or poor communication with the transfer module.

Most of this is FM15. Hey I'm reasonable, I'm happy to accept explanations for some, maybe, but theres far too many just plain unrealistic broke occurrences., It might be an excuse for some but not for everyone. From my experiences over the last 5 FMs its majority unrealistic. It and it seems to be the same each year. AI are reluctant to buy your players or sell theirs, no matter how or what circumstances are involved.

I'm happy to accept a crazy hands off price, reasons teams wont sell at any price, but its nonsensical most of the times. Its the norm or the exception. I've got hands off prices from reserves in the championship. But on the other hand the AI bid for your stars at barely the asking price. But expect a record breaking fee for theirs each time.

Ive gone many, many seasons on many many FMs without buying or selling anyone cos the AI dont want to sell and they dont want to buy either. Even reasonable players. I dont play with mega stars and big teams yet this kind of ridiculousness runs throughtout all the leagues at every level at every stage for every player.

This gets complained about year in year out with probably the same few faces saying it doesnt exist each year. This kind of thread is repeated several times each year. Its why I didnt buy 15. Ive had enough of it. I dont want to waste hours building up a team from lower league to wherever to realise it was all wasted because yet again the transfer market is broken. And only seems to work if you pick Chelsea and play 1 season.

The most realistic solution is for the board to veto deals for young players where they feel the money would be better spent on players who are ready for the first team, especially when the player has limited senior appearances or they are a foreign player & the move is delayed for a season or two due to transfer rules.

Not sure how well that sort or board level interference would be received

No. It's far from the most realistic solution. It's an unrealistic workaround to a problem that only exists due to shortcomings elsewhere in the game.

The realistic solution is to create a scouting system which works in a way that does not tempt players into making silly bids for 15 year olds. If I know a player is going to be the best in the world in 5 years then being refused the money within my budget to buy the player just because the board is oblivious to the fact (yes it actually is a fact when the scouting works as it does) then there's nothing realistic about it from my point of view.

The ranged attribute system feature was a decent start, but it's still lightyears off from how it should work, especially when it comes to teenagers who have yet to feature in a senior team anywhere in the world.

Why are people actually complaining like they accept the same bid off the AI.

Someone quoted that 4 mil for shaw scared everyone off well AI have to fluctuate that price in order to scare humans away.

So what's the problem????? In real life 4 mil s stupid money in the games 4 mil isn't stupid money 30 plus mil is.

Why should you be able to buy anyone you want????

This is exactly the point being made. There shouldn't be such discrepancies between a game trying to emulate the real life footballing world and the reality. The reason for this discrepancy is mainly that scouting in game is vastly superior to real life scouting, which makes youngsters (age 15-16) hugely more valuable, hence the change of topic to scouting. Another reason, as mentioned by YKW, is that the game doesn't value money as a particular important asset as there are no negative consequences related to spending enormous amounts of money. If your +£50m striker doesn't perform the board, media etc. don't respond at all, whereas in real life you would be under serious pressure.

The same goes for youngsters. In real life if you brought in a 16 year old for £20m there would be huge expectations of him from the get go, whereas in game no one cares if he doesn't perform the first 4 years or ends up flopping entirely. If negative consequences such as managers being sacked because of reckless spending or managers temporarily being sanctioned from making transfers or severely monitored (director of football could administer this in the meantime) were introduced, people might be discouraged from making such transfers and in turn AI clubs could lower their ridiculous asking prices, altogether moving towards real life standards.

Because every player has a price. Just sometimes the factors that generate the price aren't quite correct.

Well put.

Most of this is FM15. Hey I'm reasonable, I'm happy to accept explanations for some, maybe but theres far too many just plain unrealistic broke occurrences., It might be an excuse for some but not for everyone.

I can't remember which thread it was in but within the last month Alex had a look at one user's issue and gave a very detailed response as to why he was having trouble selling 5/6 players.

This gets complained about year in year out with probably the same few faces saying it doesnt exist each year. This kind of thread is repeated several times each year. Its why I didnt buy 15. Ive had enough of it. I dont want to waste hours building up a team from lower league to wherever to realise it was all wasted because yet again the transfer market is broken. And only seems to work if you pick Chelsea and play 1 season.

Just because some users complain doesn't mean there is a problem.

As explained in a lot of cases the issue is down (at least partly) to the user and their complaint lacks any real foundation.

That doesn't mean that the transfer market is perfect but it is far better than people give it credit for when you approach it in a realistic manner.

Most of this is FM15. Hey I'm reasonable, I'm happy to accept explanations for some, maybe, but theres far too many just plain unrealistic broke occurrences., It might be an excuse for some but not for everyone. From my experiences over the last 5 FMs its majority unrealistic. It and it seems to be the same each year. AI are reluctant to buy your players or sell theirs, no matter how or what circumstances are involved.

I'm happy to accept a crazy hands off price, reasons teams wont sell at any price, but its nonsensical most of the times. Its the norm or the exception. I've got hands off prices from reserves in the championship. But on the other hand the AI bid for your stars at barely the asking price. But expect a record breaking fee for theirs each time.

Ive gone many, many seasons on many many FMs without buying or selling anyone cos the AI dont want to sell and they dont want to buy either. Even reasonable players. I dont play with mega stars and big teams yet this kind of ridiculousness runs throughtout all the leagues at every level at every stage for every player.

You haven't played the game, you simply can't make statements like "there's far too many just plain unrealistic broke occurrences". In fact, even playing the game you can't, that's something that requires soak tests and unbiased analysis to determine, human perception is a twitchy mess in these kinds of matters.

What it sounds like is you've not played for a while and your misgivings about you being unable to sell players you don't want have snowballed in your head to be "nobody can eb sold ever".

Generally, when someone asks "why doesn't anyone want them", the answer becomes obvious when they actually go into details. Sometimes it's that they're simply not a good enough player in comparison to their (the players') expectations, and as such no clubs that would want them can afford them or convince them to come. Sometimes it's because the player wants a stupidly high fee. Ultimately though the number of times that there's a genuine bug are shrinking, and when they do occur you should report it in the bugs forum with a save game for them to go over and figure out so it can be fixed in the future.

Again though, if you didn't buy FM15, why are you complaining in a thread about FM15? Even if the game was working perfectly, there are going to be whinge threads, because you'll always get the manager who wants their nobody to be sold for £100 million to finance their £40k bid for Messi, and you'll get threads about how neither happened.

Such a souting system would be impossible due to official & unoffical tools that allow the user to see too much information, to a degree it is knowing a players actually PA & hidden attributes that causes people t get angry about what they percieve as unrealistic behaviour from the AI club whil3e ignoring their own unrealistric behaviour be that looking under the hood or offering mutli-millin pound deals fro youngsters.

It doesn't make your workaround solution any more realistic. If people choose to use scouting tools that's their prerogative. The problem is that if I don't use any then as a top team I still only need about two or three scouting trips to learn everything there is to know about a player, from their ability in a detailed summary in the form of attributes to all their personal traits. It's more difficult as a lower league club but even then I only need a player to show up for a trial to instantly gain all that information. That's the crux of the issue, the transfer fees and valuations are just the side effect.

Such a souting system would be impossible due to official & unoffical tools that allow the user to see too much information, to a degree it is knowing a players actually PA & hidden attributes that causes people t get angry about what they percieve as unrealistic behaviour from the AI club whil3e ignoring their own unrealistric behaviour be that looking under the hood or offering mutli-millin pound deals fro youngsters.

I loike the sentence that I've highlighted, certainly worth considering upping the expecation placed upon both manager & playere when a youngster moves for big money.

As I mentioned in another thread, people seem to have a hugely unrealistic expectation of the scouts ability, and seem to think "asking price" and "scouting stars" directly relate to PA. The biggest problem seems to be that either people don't understand the scouts, or are using the IGE or third party tools, and seem to want to be able to use them and want to have a "on the rails" world where things go in a "textbook" fashion, rather than the chaotic reality FM strives to simulate.

Personally I don't think the game needs any more bandaid fixes like boards vetoing anything, as some players may genuinely want to make a stupid bid for a youngster having use no such tools, and players should be free to make such mistakes. I do think that if such a player leaves the club at a massive loss that should drastically hurt the board's confidence in the player, but I don't think it should be something with such a solution.

No. It's far from the most realistic solution. It's an unrealistic workaround to a problem that only exists due to shortcomings elsewhere in the game.

The realistic solution is to create a scouting system which works in a way that does not tempt players into making silly bids for 15 year olds. If I know a player is going to be the best in the world in 5 years then being refused the money within my budget to buy the player just because the board is oblivious to the fact (yes it actually is a fact when the scouting works as it does) then there's nothing realistic about it from my point of view.

The ranged attribute system feature was a decent start, but it's still lightyears off from how it should work, especially when it comes to teenagers who have yet to feature in a senior team anywhere in the world.

It's not a "fact" in the slightest, as has been mentioned here, there and everywhere on here, the AI coaches, nor your own, know what players are going to make it big. They know some who might, but they often miss who will be good, who won't. The star ratings don't get that good an indication, and if you went out and signed every 5 star 15 year old in the game, depending on database size you could be talking in excess of 50 a year, with only one or two (at the very best) a year actually going on to be superstars.

It's not a "fact" in the slightest, as has been mentioned here, there and everywhere on here, the AI coaches, nor your own, know what players are going to make it big. They know some who might, but they often miss who will be good, who won't. The star ratings don't get that good an indication, and if you went out and signed every 5 star 15 year old in the game, depending on database size you could be talking in excess of 50 a year, with only one or two (at the very best) a year actually going on to be superstars.

I can identify a future star with pretty close to 100% accuracy and I don't even need to read the scout report for this. Seeing the attributes and personality traits is plenty enough.

It doesn't make your workaround solution any more realistic. If people choose to use scouting tools that's their prerogative. The problem is that if I don't use any then as a top team I still only need about two or three scouting trips to learn everything there is to know about a player, from their ability in a detailed summary in the form of attributes to all their personal traits. It's more difficult as a lower league club but even then I only need a player to show up for a trial to instantly gain all that information. That's the crux of the issue, the transfer fees and valuations are just the side effect.

That at best gives you a view of who the player is now, and a vague idea about their potential though. The big thing about young players is how good they're going to be, not how good they are now, and in the game the fog of war for that is quite high. If you actually went and signed each and every "5 star" youngster out there, you'd be in for a really bad time, as most end up being "2-3" star at best. As mentioned in another thread, whilst there's a vague correlation between potentially and how clubs rate their own players, they're not perfect, far from it.

I can identify a future star with pretty close to 100% accuracy and I don't even need to read the scout report for this. Seeing the attributes and personality traits is plenty enough.

You can get great youngsters with great attribute distributions and personality traits who turn out to never really improve. In fact, it happens quite a bit.

It's great that you can spot future superstars 100% of the time though, good going.

Just because some users complain doesn't mean there is a problem.

As explained in a lot of cases the issue is down (at least partly) to the user and their complaint lacks any real foundation.

That doesn't mean that the transfer market is perfect but it is far better than people give it credit for when you approach it in a realistic manner.

I guess thats why it never gets fixed then.

I accept there is reasonable explanations for some. Especially the super stars at big teams and big clubs not wanting to sell. But Ive played this game long enough over the years to see that in a lot of cases their is no reasonable explanation.

And this same argument is brought up every year. And at some point I came to the conclusion it could be other factors at work like database size or league size, length of save, whatever maybe.

I know the difference between reasonable, unrealistic and realistic, circumstances for teams not willing to sell no matter what the price, and I even accept SI artificially adding high prices to make the game more challenging. But while there is many that can be explained over the years Ive also seen alot that simply cannot be explained. It can explain alot but not them all. Its not an occasional occurance with selected teams and players, its a consistent occurrence with any team at any league for any player. I see examples of this throughout the game where the only explanation is just broke on all levels.

I personally have seen enough instances where its just plain broke and there can be no explanation no matter how hard you desperately try to find one.

But yes its defended vigorously every year too, and this year is no exception.

Archived