The Long Term Approach - Squad Building and Development

2 hours ago, ilkork said:

And if you play matches during a "Fitness" week, the risk of injuries is increased

There is no such thing, Fitness is just a training program that focus on specific attributes, maybe during that week, they spent more time in the gym and doing cardio  and sprints. It doesn't mean = more risk of injury.  My LLM sides do up to 8 months of fitness training in a season and I can still manage them. If I am worried about injuries  just make sure that their intensity is not too high. During fixture congestion periods I sometimes drop general training to LOW, so that I can navigate that period without having injuries. It's how you manage intensity  vs growth. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Vali184 said:

Im off topic

@Cleon do you have any idea why I cant access santosfm website?

Check the link in my bio for the proper address. Although the santos one still works too, it just redirects so not sure what the issue is for you.

What about doing this with non league teams? 

i'm currently managing Bangor City in the welsh premiership, and i want to play quick attacking football but it's just not possible with the standard of players i have! so i have to go for the basic low league standard tactics, 

So the aim for me is to keep trying to finish as high as possible and gaining more money in hope that one day i can get the players for my philosophy 

• 11 months later...
23 minutes ago, zeff123 said:

Hi.. I'm a new player & was wondering if the advice in this thread still applies to FM 2018?

Pretty much, yes. 

Broadly speaking the development of youth hasn't been changed dramatically for years.

When developing youngsters, from 15-18 yrs training is most effective, improve personalities with tutoring and attributes with training. From 18 upwards, game-time becomes more influential, so look to play them in the first team or loan them to a suitable level.

Use the advice in here and you should do pretty well - although there are never any guarantees!

22 hours ago, Snorks said:

Pretty much, yes. 

Broadly speaking the development of youth hasn't been changed dramatically for years.

When developing youngsters, from 15-18 yrs training is most effective, improve personalities with tutoring and attributes with training. From 18 upwards, game-time becomes more influential, so look to play them in the first team or loan them to a suitable level.

Use the advice in here and you should do pretty well - although there are never any guarantees!

Cool thanks. The only thing I'm not sure about is the scheduling bar, he says that the match training schedule slider should be set to 20% or lower, where is that on the bar? I recall reading somewhere that 50% isn't in the middle so I'm a bit confused about that.

59 minutes ago, zeff123 said:

Cool thanks. The only thing I'm not sure about is the scheduling bar, he says that the match training schedule slider should be set to 20% or lower, where is that on the bar? I recall reading somewhere that 50% isn't in the middle so I'm a bit confused about that.

That could be an older version of the game he is referring to, when we had sliders for everything.

Personally, I set mine to one day of match prep, the day before the game and leave it at that.

11 hours ago, zeff123 said:

If you hover over the bar it tells you the percentage. 50% on the bar isn't in the middle you are correct, 50% is the end of the bar. 

4 hours ago, Cleon said:

If you hover over the bar it tells you the percentage. 50% on the bar isn't in the middle you are correct, 50% is the end of the bar. 

I've tried hovering over the bar but nothing's shown. I think I I get tho. So to be clear general training makes up 50% of overall training, the scheduling bar is the other 50% which allows you to increase match prep. If you set general training to low & match prep is set to say 20% then you're only using up 40% of overall training, the rest of time goes towards individual training which will allow me to concentrate on the stats I want increased, so it'll be something like 20% general, 60% individual, 20% match prep. Is that right?

Archived