Tendency To Punch Attribute

I have been wondering about this for a while so I hope somebody can help. What sort of number should the Tendency To Punch attribute be? In my mind at least, 1 would mean the keeper rarely tries to punch, 20 would see him trying to punch almost everything and anything around 10 is good because he would punch when he feels it is required. Am I barking up the wrong tree?

Another reason I find it confusing is because it is under the goalkeeping attributes when to me it is a mental attribute?

It's how likely a gk will choose to punch when dealing with aerial balls that is catchable.

Anticipation, Composure, Concentration and Decisions all affect this.

Higher Tendency to Punch means a gk will put more pressure on the defense by not catching the ball. However, if he has poor Handling or poor other of the attributes mentioned already mentioned then the higher tendency to punch is useful.

If the ratings are high in the other areas mentioned already, then a tendency to punch lower attributes is desired.

It's how likely a gk will choose to punch when dealing with aerial balls that is catchable.

Anticipation, Composure, Concentration and Decisions all affect this.

Higher Tendency to Punch means a gk will put more pressure on the defense by not catching the ball. However, if he has poor Handling or poor other of the attributes mentioned already mentioned then the higher tendency to punch is useful.

If the ratings are high in the other areas mentioned already, then a tendency to punch lower attributes is desired.

Cheers for this Eugene. Nobody I have asked has had a clue!

My keeper has 16 handling, 16 anticipation, 14 composure, 14 concentration, 18 decisions and 10 tendency to punch. According to my ass man the strongest area of his game is "prefers to try and make the most of his good handling skills by coming off his line frequently to claim crosses and dominate his area" With all this in mind, I assume 10 is fine but I don't want it to go up because he is only 24 and will improve those attributes over time.

My keeper has 16 handling, 16 anticipation, 14 composure, 14 concentration, 18 decisions and 10 tendency to punch. According to my ass man the strongest area of his game is "prefers to try and make the most of his good handling skills by coming off his line frequently to claim crosses and dominate his area" With all this in mind, I assume 10 is fine but I don't want it to go up because he is only 24 and will improve those attributes over time.

Could be wrong, but I don't think tendency to punch "improves" over time. One of those attributes like aggression, except I am not sure whether it can even be modified by on/off-field events.

Yeh seems like he'd be ok so. 10 is still a bit on the high side, it is out of 20.

Hi tendency to punch is 50/50 that he'll come out and punch a catchable ball. His decisions are quite high so, so he'll make that decision whether to punch or catch. Probably giving you better chance of actually catching the ball as his handling, anticipation, composure and concentration are high.

I'd maybe see if you can build up his concentration or composure somehow.

Archived