The biggest upset you've ever had?

Playing a career game a few FMs ago, FM12 I think or may have been FM11, I was a Conference side though I forget which one and we beat Liverpool 1-0 at Anfield in the F. A. Cup third round. I got hammered 8-0 in the next round to a club in the Championship but that didn't bother me. :D

Edit - This remains the only time I have beaten a top flight side as a non league team, be it cups or friendlies, in all my CM/FM playing days, which started in 1992.

I'm playing with Partizan Belgrade and in my first season I've made it to the semi-final of the Europa League beating the likes of Athletic Bilbao, Napoli, Torino and Tottenham on the way. I even drew with Bayern Munich in the Champions League group stage earlier in the season.

Fingers crossed for my semi final clash with Borussia Mönchengladbach!

got Bury to the 5th round of the FA cup in fm12 got a 1-1 draw at Stamford bridge as well :lol: then lost the replay (where was my home advantage ffs :() as well as winning one of the scottish league cups with east Stirling (no SPL in it though..) beating practically the entire championship.

don't know if these count as upsets but...

E0071F94C605E2CABA01DD639BABD34197D64CB3

11C72D440BF0F640A9FB2EE244A6AAA53C3D6B34

did manage this on my Blackpool save

C973550DE707820FD29B7BD3871EBD35E66BA350

The thing that immediately came to mind was beating Arsenal 3-2 in the FA Cup with Fisher Athletic (who I don't think exist anymore) while I was in the Conference at the time in FM07. It probably isn't my most impressive upset at they were playing a full back-up team, although I think they did play Reyes. For whatever reasons it's just one of those games I'll never forget.

On my current FM15 save I'm using the standard database with the official SI Gibraltar league added from the steam workshop. As the only club not to have a manager I decided to manage second division side Gibraltar Scorpions. Awful facilities and predicted to finish 9th out of 14th teams I knew I had my work cut out. I had already set myself the challenge of not signing a single player during my stay with the eventual aim to win the champions league and have the Gibraltan league move up the ranks.

Anyway let's get to the point, after creating my tactics for the first season my team played some amazing football eventually winning the 2nd Division. In our only domestic competition (Rock Cup) our team managed to not only defeat the biggest teams in our division but also work our way past the biggest clubs in the top division, with 2 of these victories coming by penalty shoot out. Until we got to the final which we won against premier league Giants FC Brittania XI in what can only be described as one of the most nerve wracking games in my football league history. Upon promotion to the top division we also managed to beat the best team in Gibraltar the Lincoln Red Imps in the country's version of the charity shield. I'm currently 14 games into the season and sit in 4th place.

I remember in FM07 I guided my then Conference Salisbury City to the FA Cup 6th round defeating Championship teams Birmingham City in a replay and Crystal Palace at home too! Unfortunately Arsenal was a home game so I didn't get a windfall and lost 5-1 after holding them for 30 mins and equalising. This affected my league form but I managed to get play offs where my keeper got himself sent off in the 119th min of extra time!! Giving them a penalty for a 4-3 aggragate win! Shane Long on loan from Reading and Mirnes Ibrahimovic tore it up! A save I will always remember!

Beating Lyon with Sligo Rovers in the 1st leg of the Europa League playoffs 2 -1 in my 1st Season. They beat me 2-0 away to qualify in the 2nd leg to break my heart but i can safely say that 1st leg was the proudest moment i've had on any FM.

FM08, I got Gillingham promoted to the Premier League (after managing clubs such as Arsenal, PSV, AC Milan for a few seasons). First game of the PL season was at home to Chelsea and Morten Nielsen, an ex-Chelsea youth teamer was in my squad. Despite banging in the goals in L1 and the Championship, he was only a squad player in pre-season. The game was 0-0 after 78 minutes. I brought him on and in the 92nd minute he scored from the edge of the area to make it 1-0 and win the game. No, not the biggest giant killing, but it was the most romantic result I had.

• 2 weeks later...

I once beat Barbados 1 - 0 as British Virgin Islands in the Gold Cup I think it was.

Might not seem like much but we were ranked in the 180s and they were ranked in the 90s.

They also had a few Championship standard players whilst mine would've been lucky to make it in level 9 of English Football.

Around 2008/9 version......I beat juventus as Derry city in the champions league group stages 4-2 which just about made up for breaking up with my girlfriend of 10 years in the same week.

And who says fm isn't compassionate ;)

I was playing the 2018 world cup with the USA, and I was in a group with Chile, Ireland and Germany (I was still using the fake German players though) I won against Ireland (barely, two friggin 30 yard strikes from Darren Gibson) and lost against Chile. Germany won and tied, so I had to beat them in the last game for us to get through. They go up 30th minute because of a free kick, and I was struggling to do anything, until at the 90+1 minute a goal mouth scramble leads to them putting the ball in their own net. 90+3... An amazing Graham Zusi wonderstrike off the underside of the crossbar to get us through.

Where we lost 4-2 to France, but still!

This has literally just happened.

Not the biggest upset, but I am currently playing as Ostersund in the Swedish second tier. Due to winning the domestic cup, I am in the Europa League first qualifying round and was given a really tough draw, against Scottish side Dundee United, with the first leg in Scotland. We were heavy underdogs but won the first leg, away, 11-0. I was, still am actually, stunned. 11-0!!! My left winger bagged eight and obbviously scored a perfect ten.

Met a lovely girl once. I was about 19, so clearly not yesterday. We went out, had dinner, walked in the park in a late summer's evening, and kissed as we said goodbye.

Arranged to meet her again, and turned up at the place we agreed. I was dressed well, and smelled amazing. I had a single red rose to give her too.

She never turned up, and refused all my subsequent calls.

Yeah, I'd say that was the biggest upset I ever had.

FM15 2021, playing Spurs and have a mid season match against Man Utd, that is second in the league, and don't have an injury crisis. Won 9-0.

Just to make things even more weird, a few games later, Man Utd beats the worst team in the league 9-0.

Pretty sure it's the two highest scoring games in the time of the game.

(This took place in FM15) Mine is rather unimpressive to be honest, but thumping top of the league Brighton 5-1 with my relegation-tipped Fleetwood side was pretty special. Had that game gone as the media predicted, I would've been relegated to League 2 and Brighton would've made an immediate return to the championship. Instead we doomed them to a second year in League 1 and rescued ourselves. Then when Brighton arrived at Highbury for revenge the following season (and still with a much stronger side than mine), we sent them home again with a 3-0 defeat :lol: It's perhaps not totally inspiring but it made me a very happy man indeed.

EDIT: Totally forgot about this one but just yesterday i started a save with Aberystwyth in the Welsh Premier. We shortly qualified for the 2nd Qualifying Round of the Europa League, where we faced Hapoel Tel-Aviv (They have a 3* reputation, Aber' have 0.5* rep). While we lost on aggregate, on our trip to Israel for the second leg we beat them 2-1.

Archived