FM15: Inter Milan Thread - We Are Inter, and We Win When We Want

Jean0987654321

200px-Inter_Milan.png

So why choose Inter

- Sleeping Giant - A team that relishes yesteryear and want to find success once again

- A New Owner that pumps in money and accepts most board requests - Erick Thohir has already made an impact with Inter projected to be in the black at the start of the game. Not only that, he will also accept almost every request.

- Great Strikers - Federico Bonazzolli, Pablo Osvaldo, Mauro Icardi - what do all of these guys have in common? They are all pretty damn good strikers and it is your job to get them to do what their best at: score goals

- A challenge as the overall team needs a rebuild and you can do that by replacing the old farts with young and hungry players :)

Now onwards to History and beyond :)

History

It was May 22 2010. Diego Milito puts his team on his back and scored two goals to complete an upset. For one day, Madrid, Spain was renamed Upset City as Jose Mourinho-lead Inter beat Bayern Munich 2-0. However, after that night, Jose left to coach Real Madrid and the decline of Inter began. After the treble, Massimo Morratti hired two coaches to take over. The first coach, Rafa Benitez, gave Inter 2 more trophies: The SuperCoppa and the Club World Cup but left. The second coach, Leonardo, gave Inter the Coppa Italia, but left. Those were the last trophies Inter won and they've went backwards since. Their stars got older and were either released or sold for peanuts. Fast-forward to Fall 2014, a new investor was a found. A familiar face to the soccer world, Erick Thohir, bought the majority shares of Inter from Massimo Morratti and have pumped money in hopes to bring Inter back to the promised land

Stadium

250px-Scudo2009.jpg

Name: Stadio Giuseppe Meazza

Nickname: San Siro

Ground Share: AC Milan

Capacity: 80,018

Honors

- 18x Serie A

- 7x Coppa Italia

- 5x SuperCoppa Italia

- 3x Champions League

- 3x UEFA Cip

- 1x FIFA Club World Cup

- 2x Intercontinental Cup

Squad

Goalkeepers

hP43Lj0.png

Analysis: Now, its really simple. You got Francesco Bardi waiting in the wings so you can keep Samir Handanovic for the year and then sell him and replace him for nothing or you can sell Samir Handanovic right away and look for a replacement yourself. As for the backup keeper, I would release Tommaso Berni and sell Juan Carrizo. Carrizo can get you some money and you need all the money you can get. Also, you can get a free goalie that is better than both.

Recommended Players: Timo Horn, Dani Aranzubia, Victor Valdes

Defenders

vkZyRjM.png

Analysis: PSG is knocking on the door for Yuto Nagatomo and if I were you, I wold sell him. You can get some good money for him. Also I would sell Jonathan as he is not good enough for Inter and you can get a quality RB for less than you sell him for in Gino Peruzzi. The center backs are not pleasing to the eye as another can help out as cover. Dodo is your now and future in that LB spot but Juan Jesus and Dario D'Ambrosio can provide the cover in case the young Brazilian gets hurt.

Recommended Players: Eder Alvarez Balanta, Joseph Yobo, Sammir, Mayke, Jon Flanagan, Gino Peruzzi

Midfielders

Q2BcPPZ.png

Analysis: Gary Medel is your classic destroyer but can also provide cover for CB. Yann M'Vila is an exceptional cover for him as well. And then you have your share of attacking players in Rene Krhin, Fredy Guarin, Hernanes, Joel Obi, and Matteo Kovacic. Maybe a Regista like Lucas Romero or Gaston Gil Romero would help keep the balance. Also notice a lack of true wingers. If you want to play a Wingerless formation, then this squad is fine for that.

Recommended Players: Lucas Romero, Gaston Gil Romero, Ezequiel, Bruma, Memphis Depay, Zakaria Bakalli, Munir, Sergi Samper, Sergi Darder, Suso, Marco Asensio, Deli Ali

Strikers

t0z181K.png

Analysis: This is the best StrikeForce you got. You don't really need to get anybody but I would promote that Federico Bonazzolli lad from the reserves ;)

Recommended Players: Sandro, Gabriel Barbosa, Ezequiel Rescaldani

Youth Players to look out for: If I had to tell you about every player we would be here all day. Here's some guys to keep an eye on

Paulino

Michael Ventre

Federico Bonazzoli

George Puscas

Mel Taufer

Francesco Bardi

Christiano Biraghi

Ibrahima Mbaye

Budget

S57arPd.png

Coaches

UUHBGLB.png

Tactics

4-3-3 or 4-1-2-1-2

Handanovic

Nagatomo-Ranocchia-Vidic-Juan Jesus

Medel

Hernanes-Kovacic

Guarin-Icardi-Dodo

Handanovic

Nagatomo-Ranocchia-Juan Jesus-Dodo

Medel

Guarin-Kovacic

Hernanes

Icardi-Osvaldo

Now, go forth and serve Inter proud :)

Is it just me, or is the financial situation much better in the game than in real life?

Four months in, and I've been told my transfer budget has been raised to £40 million do to improvements in the financial department.

Is it just me, or is the financial situation much better in the game than in real life? Four months in, and I've been told my transfer budget has been raised to £40 million do to improvements in the financial department.
Might just be because Thorhir is treated like some type of Sugar Daddy in the game

I am on my 4th season with Inter and have literally won everything there is. Its my save every year as you get to rebuild one of Italy's giants, good youth coming through, accommodating board and if you like to build your own team then there really are some big value in Kovacic, Icardi, Juan Jesus, Nagatomo, Handanovic.... although I wouldnt recommend selling them I got stupid money for Icardi & Kovacic. Even if you choose to try and make some money there is good youth, cheap options in Italy to build your side and normally its quite easy to move the high earners on!

My team is currently 4-3-3

Scuffett

Peruzzi Balanta Benatia/Mangala Birighi

Verratti Romero Florenzi

Barboza Berardi Insigne

and none of them are on more than £50k a week... most the back up is provided by home grown or young italian based players and I still have £100million plus in the transfer kitty to replace the Inter names moved on!

I am on my 4th season with Inter and have literally won everything there is. Its my save every year as you get to rebuild one of Italy's giants, good youth coming through, accommodating board and if you like to build your own team then there really are some big value in Kovacic, Icardi, Juan Jesus, Nagatomo, Handanovic.... although I wouldnt recommend selling them I got stupid money for Icardi & Kovacic. Even if you choose to try and make some money there is good youth, cheap options in Italy to build your side and normally its quite easy to move the high earners on!

My team is currently 4-3-3

Scuffett

Peruzzi Balanta Benatia/Mangala Birighi

Verratti Romero Florenzi

Barboza Berardi Insigne

and none of them are on more than £50k a week... most the back up is provided by home grown or young italian based players and I still have £100million plus in the transfer kitty to replace the Inter names moved on!

Hey is that Biraghi, the LB who starts on loan at Chievo? How does he turn out?

Sorry for the late reply, he has turned out awesome for me. I had Gabriel Silva from Udinese (as it never worked with Dodo, and sold him for a hefty fee) who was my player of the season in 2nd season.... I happily sold him after season 4 to PSG as Biraghi had become so good... another youngster, Dimarco I think has become his under study and is pushing him hard also!....

Why I love this save, you can almost rely on bringing just youth thru if you trust them!, literally almost my whole back up is home grown!

Hey guys n girls. I've recently started an Inter save after having a good save with them on FM14. Still in 1st pre-season using a 4-1-2-1-2 formation but am contemplating setting up a 3-5-2 of some sorts as this brought me the most success previously.

Have brought in Balanta (£6.25m) and have Odegaard coming in January. Sadly I lost Juan Jesus to Arsenal (£15.5m) after he kicked up a stink when I rejected their 1st offers.

I've promoted Bonazzoli & Puscas to the senior squad but am on the lookout for a good striker to back up Icardi & Osvaldo.

Had great fun seeing the younger players come through on FM14 & I'm hoping this save will be similar as I like to keep the majority of the squad Italian.

Update: Have drawn Haugesund of Norway in the Europa League play off.

Here's an update on my save - posted mainly in the FMC forum as it is an FMC save but I thought I'd revive this thread a bit:

Transfers:

In

- Pedro Obian from Sampdoria for EUR 6.5mn. Can do the dirty work but also be a great box to box or roaming playmaker with potential.

- Dominik Livakovic from Zagreb for EUR 195k. My plan was to ship out Carrazo as he is on high wages as a back up but that didn't work out as no one wanted to have him. Neither on loan nor for a reduced price.

Out

- Marco Andreolli to Parma for EUR 1.5mn. Not playing 3 at the back and he is surplus to requirements.

- Joel Obi to Cagliari on loan for 70% wages. Tried to sell him but that didn't work so my DOF managed to get him a loan deal.

Formation:

Using a 4132 Narrow after trying out the 4312 Narrow that Mancini uses. I prefer the stability of a DM. I also have a flat 451 which I was testing in some games.

-----ST---ST-----

--CM--CM--CM--

-------DM-------

FB--CD--CD--FB

-------GK-------

STL: Podolski/Palacio/Puscas

STR: Icardi/Palacio/Bonazzoli

CM: Hernanes/Kovacic/Shaqiri/Guarin/Obiang/Brozovic (Kovacic out injured 3 mo. the others rotated heavily with Hernanes/Shaqiri/Guarin getting most play time)

DM: Medel/Kuzmanovic

FBL: Nagatomo/Dodo

CDL: Vidic/Ranocchia

CDR: Juan Jesus/Campagnaro

FBR: Jonathan/D'Ambrosio (Santon when back 4 mo. injury)

GK: Handanovic/Livakovic

Europa League

Playoffs vs Rijeka

Home: Rijeka 4-0 (Podolski 5, 18, Icardi 81, Guarin 91)

Away: Rijeka 1-2 (Hernanes 90+1)

Group A (after 2 games)

Inter 6 points

Real Soc. 3 points

Guingamp 3 points

AEL 0 points

Home: Real Sociedad 2-1 (Jonathan 15, Palacio 80, Canales 81)

Away: Guingamp 4-2 (Palacio 9, Douniama 30, Vidic 31, Sankhare 44, Vidic 48, Podolski 72)

Serie A

Away: Napoli 1-1 (Icardi 38, Hamsik 77)

Home: Parma 3-0 (Podolski pen. 14, 19, Bonazzoli 71)

Home: EL Game 1 (see above)

Home: Cagliari 2-1 (Hernanes 46, Podolski pen. 51, Husbauer 66) (I used my 451 form.)

Home: Fiorentina 1-3 (Vidic 3, Aquilani 20, Gilardino 38, Pasqual 40) (I used my 451 form.)

Away: Genoa 3-0 (Icardi 34, Shaqiri 40, Podolski pen 56) (they used a wild 343 diamond with 3 ST and were completely exposed)

Away: EL Game 2 (see above)

Serie A Standings (after 5/6 Games)

1. Juventus 18 (6)

2. Udinese 12 (5)

3. Fiorentina 10 (5)

4. Napoli 10 (6)

5. Inter 10 (5)

6. Lazio 9 (5)

7. Roma 9 (5)

19. AC Milan 2 (6)

Comments on the Games:

The defeat to Fiorentina was a bit my mistake and them having luck. My mistake because I saw beforehand that they did well against teams playing with wide players and got destroyed against narrow formations. But, in my stubborness to try out the 451 flat, I stuck with it, instead of using the 4132 Narrow. Nonetheless, we played well. Fiorentina just got extremely lucky and were less likely to score but Aquilani scored one from 30 meters out. Then Podolski with a back pass to Handanovic intercepted and tap in. And Pasqual with a free kick that went in. That was basically it.

Genoa came out with such a wild 343 diamond formation - it was so attacking I couldn't believe my eyes.

----ST---ST---ST

---------AMC----

ML-------------MR

---------DM------

-----CD--CD--CD-

---------GK-------

Needless to say my 4132 dominated the middle and there was soooo much space that I am really annoyed we only won 3-0. Icardi missed several sitters.

The game against Guingamp was very entertaining although their 2 goals came just out of nowhere. Typical David vs. Goliath type game where I was completely dominant and they still snuck them in. However, Vidic had other plans and almost scored a hattrick against them.

Next up is Roma. Juventus are destroying teams at the moment with 5-0, 6-0 scorelines with Llorente in form.

Squad:

I am really happy with my squad especially the midfield and defenders.

As for the strikers, I can already see that I need to change my strikers soon. Icardi is the future but Podolski isn't exactly what I want and Palacio, while brilliant, is getting old. Also, I did not realize how many penalties Podolski scored already. I am eyeing Ener Valencia from West Ham (who surprise, I had a brief save with several weeks ago) who really impressed me. I want an all-rounder strong but technical striker who can also finish (although Icardi can do that). Bonazzoli might be one for the future too.

I am glad I brought in Obiang. He is already pushing for a first team spot and has a lot of potential as my roaming playmaker or box to box midfielder type (but can also play the half back role).

Can anybody tell me when Shaqiri returns from his holiday?

At the start of the season he was already on leave, now im at the end of july and he's still nog back.

Should be around 27 July if I remember correctly.

• 2 weeks later...

In real life I think Bonazzoli was sold to Samp in January and is on loan to Inter until the end of the season. Somewhere Inter said they have an option on him to resign him but I haven't seen that in the game.

• 3 weeks later...
In real life I think Bonazzoli was sold to Samp in January and is on loan to Inter until the end of the season. Somewhere Inter said they have an option on him to resign him but I haven't seen that in the game.

I've noticed he's still on a youth contract, so you should be able to re-sign him, I half-heartedly tried but I think it would be best to wait till after Christmas.

What do you guys do with all the 100s of lower star players from the under 21 and under 18 teams?

Training is close to breaking point at the start, so I'm thinking about releasing 20 players or so from each team, I reckon that'll cost about £1,000,000.

So Gary Medel is an idiot... Just received his 3rd red card in his 5th match for the club.

Maybe he's just wrong for the ball-winning role, do to his aggression.

Calm him down with team talks and the side-line team talks.

I use him as a DM d, he'll still get the odd red, but regular subbing and calming down from the side-line helps.

• 3 weeks later...

What formation are you guys using? I've just started a 15.3 game with Inter and I'm stumped as to how best to line-up. I'd probably go for a 3-4-1-2 if it wasn't for Shaqiri - he's obviously great, but I can't really find a formation where we get him on his favoured LM position that suits the rest of the squad.

What formation are you guys using? I've just started a 15.3 game with Inter and I'm stumped as to how best to line-up. I'd probably go for a 3-4-1-2 if it wasn't for Shaqiri - he's obviously great, but I can't really find a formation where we get him on his favoured LM position that suits the rest of the squad.

I would think due to the additions of Shaqiri and Podolski that people are opting for a 4-3-3??

I finished second with a 4-4-1-1 formation in my first season behind Napoli playing him in th LM position as a WA.

Shaqiri was immense the first two seasons for me, after which i sold him back to Bayern for 50m.

it was something like this if i recall correctly

Counter/Standard Balanced

With press more, play out defence, work ball in box and low/drill crosses

GKD Handanovic

IWBLS Nagatomo

CDD Juan Jesus

CDD Ranocchia

WBRA Jonathan

WLA Shaqiri

BWMS Medel

DLPD Hernanes

WRS Guarin

APS Kovacic

AFA Icardi

Shaqiri, Kovacic, Icardi and Guarin had good campaigns.

Only my central midfield pairing of Medel (lots of yellow cards and substitions to prevent red cards) and Hernanes (low ratings/poor performances) didnt always work.

First Season

0qAzumv.png

Highly Recommended:

Matteo Darmian - Home-Grown Status

Marco Verrati - Home-Grown Status

Lucas Romero

Gino Peruzzi

Second Season

o0mH1Ub.png

Highly Recommended:

Carlos Fierro

Nicola Murru - Home-Grown Status

Davide Astori- Home-Grown Status

Marco Benassi - Promote him to First Team Squad. He is a good backup player. Eventually he will complain about First Team Football. Select the option which says something like you already too big for your boots. Can't remember it well.

Third Season

aB0t5NR.png

Highly Recommended:

All of them

Fourth Season

MYLVYMi.png

Highly Recommended:

Niklas Sule

Klaas Jan Huntelaar

Stephan El Shaarawy - Home-Grown Status - Good for rotation but he misses a lot of chances.

Fifth Season

pXOGiBT.png

Going to sign Gaston Gil Romero

DKKRfyY.png

Other players to consider who are already at the football club:

Promote Federico Dimarco

Promote Lorenzo Crisetig

Develop Razvan Popa

Develop Lorenzo Tassi

Develop Andrea Romano

Develop Pau De La Fuente

Use him as an Inside forward on the right ;)

So after reading this thread and trying to find a new fun save to try on this years installment of FM i thought i would give A Inter Milan save a go as i was looking for a new challenge after managing in germany and holland.

Have to say it was easier to do well then i thought but juventus reminded me of competing against FC Bayern in the bundesliga and it seems they are going to be a tough nut to crack indeed.

Transfers

So i think they have a little less money to spend since the update looking at other posters budgets but 9 million quid is better then nothing and good enough to at least strengthen the squad in one area so i bought gil romero after scouting him as the only decent defensive midfielder we had was Medel i was able to buy balanta after the window finished as river lowered there price and was given more money in January so i bought santon from newcastle for the agreed fee and a young versatile midfeilder in kusk although my scouts rate him alot higher then my coaches.

Inter%20transfers_zpstwaykjpy.png

Tactics

I wasn't sure where to go with this really as i prefer playing with wingers which is an area they lack in slightly but i stuck to my guns and settled with this formation.

Inter%20roles%20and%20formation_zpswo3czubq.png

With these Team instructions.

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/Luiz_Francisco/Inter%20Team%20instructions_zpspxrztggw.png

Fixtures and results

I think with the media expectation of just fifth we did over achieve but i still feel we let it go because there is a few games against the lesser sides which were very winnable and we didn't especially since over all we did quite well against the bigger sides in italy.

Also it was dissapointing to go not win either of the cup competitions i was win especially the domestic one as i got to the final but there is always next year right?

Fixtures_zpstkv1rmjg.png

Inter%20fixtures%202_zps73gkdbbo.png

Fixtures%203_zps0ed5lmwi.png

League table

So i didn't win the league but it was very close and i have won the league with smaller points totals in other countries before so i am not too dissapointed.

League%20table%20inter%20season%201_zpsqlz2gcqk.png

Summary

I think over all a good first season even though there is no trophies in the cabinet we played some good attacking football and the only team i could not beat last season was torino which is strange but they did have a great year so fair play to them.

My player of the season was Hernanes he was incredible all season scoring long shots for fun finishing with 19 goals fifteen of them in the league.

• 4 months later...

I've just started a game with a downloaded db so it's the current squad. Made a few dealings to suit my 442

In

Montoya (8.5m clause) starts on loan but I snapped him up straight away

Lacazette 9.5m needed a pacey 4th striker. Torn his hamstring in the first match

Sisto 5.5m back up right mid

Sold

Nagatomo 5.75m. I may have underpriced him but I want solid defenders

Trying to shift Vidic and Medel

Team is

Handanovic/Carrizo

Montoya/D'Ambrosio

Miranda/Murillo

Juan Jesus /Ranocchia

Santon/Dodo

Biabiany/Sisto

Kondogbia/Melo

Guarin/brozovic

Perisic/Llajic

Jovetic/palacio

Lacazette/Icardi

Won the first 3 games with Perisic being the star. Not having euro football means I don't need a massive squad for this season

• 2 weeks later...
I've just started a game with a downloaded db so it's the current squad. Made a few dealings to suit my 442

In

Montoya (8.5m clause) starts on loan but I snapped him up straight away

Lacazette 9.5m needed a pacey 4th striker. Torn his hamstring in the first match

Sisto 5.5m back up right mid

Sold

Nagatomo 5.75m. I may have underpriced him but I want solid defenders

Trying to shift Vidic and Medel

Team is

Handanovic/Carrizo

Montoya/D'Ambrosio

Miranda/Murillo

Juan Jesus /Ranocchia

Santon/Dodo

Biabiany/Sisto

Kondogbia/Melo

Guarin/brozovic

Perisic/Llajic

Jovetic/palacio

Lacazette/Icardi

Won the first 3 games with Perisic being the star. Not having euro football means I don't need a massive squad for this season

Started also with the new DB, playing 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-3 but I cant WIN for life with this team. Sacked after 10 games. Also many players injured easily.

What am I doing wrong, I dont know??? What kind of training do you prefer? Maybe its my training

Archived