Affiliate/Feeder clubs - are they worth getting?

I keep asking my club board for a feeder club, and since the club asked me to renew my contract twice already - they keep offering 4 year contract renewals but I always lower the duration to until the end of season on the contract offer so we keep negotiating through the season with me asking for a feeder club each time, and that way I have like 5 affiliates already in two seasons:

One feeder to get youngsters who can train with me as I wanted but it's a crap club in Brazil third division with average youth set up, so I haven't seen anything from them yet.

One affiliate from German second division where I can send my youngsters to get first team experience, I wanted that too (although I'd prefer a better club, maybe a first division team in a different country like Netherlands or Belgium?)

And I now have 3 feeders which do me no good: I have the first option on their players and youngsters where when they receive a bid for one of their players, I have the first option to get that player with the same bid. But one of the clubs is Shaktar, where they get bids like 30 million or so for their players. But the whole idea behind the feeder club is to recruit their youngsters to my youth system, which I never seem to get. The other is a good Mexican club whose players are greyed anyway, I can't even see them.. And the other is a Japanese club, whose players are also greyed and I get nothing from them.

The board gives me no other options.

Is affiliate option in this game a make-believe which in reality doesn't provide the player anything? Should we not even bother with it at all? I think I will just reject their recommendations.

their worth it, just depends on what you're looking for, i always go for foreign feeder clubs with good youth systems, it has taken me years to find this out tho, the others in my personal opinion are useless, but thats just me, iv had plenty of class youth players come through them, your not gonna get a world beater every year but its a good investment depending on how you play the game

Who are you managing as and what season are you in?

Or you could wait until they trust you and give you the option of picking one yourselves.

I'm in my second season with Bayern, they trust me since I won the league and the champion's cup. They usually ok my requests towards development because it is one of club's philosophies, but the choices they give me are all about first option or other nonsense garbage whereas I specifically ask for an affiliate to get youngsters through youth set up (as in their youngsters train with my youngsters).

Only my first affiliate requests was exactly the type I wanted, I got this club America (MG) from Brazilian second division with some decent history of footballers (that you can see in their info), but I so far get nothing from them..

I've come a cross a strange one in my Arsenal tycoon game I have ATM I got a feeder club for wps in first season which was great as I needed to send some of my players who couldn't get a wp somewhere so I could get them playing for me sooner or later. They were all from South America so they went off to that club first season fine.

Come the summer they all came back but still needed to go on loan for at least another 2 seasons to get a wp I then came across the problem I tried to send them to the same feeder club only to be told I couldn't send them to that club as they were not allowed to sign non eu players anyway I was like wtf.

So I therefore had to try n convince my board to get me another one which they did but it took till after sep to get once which resulted in me not being able to send them on loan as the transfer window was shut. I have just got to feb 2016 n luckily I managed to send them to the new feeder club n jan and now have cancelled the previous one but I still dunno why this happened in the first place after the first season. Has anyone else seen this or is it just another of many stupid bugs that si have failed to fix b4 they released this game?

I have a couple of questions about this topic..

a) If i play as a Vanarama North would i be better off to wait until I am in Vanarama Conference before i ask for a feeder club?

b) Playing in England do you get to play with as many europeans as u want in ur line up or do you only have a certian amount..

The "You are big, affiliate small"-solution seems indeed a bit tricky to me.

But if you are a small club, getting an affiliate from a division up can be a huge boost. In my current save, I got two young talents from a 1st division club on loan for "no wage / no fee". Raw power to strenghthen your squad. And if you keep them long enough and get successful in the meantime, they might even want to stay at your city.

I have a couple of questions about this topic..

a) If i play as a Vanarama North would i be better off to wait until I am in Vanarama Conference before i ask for a feeder club?

b) Playing in England do you get to play with as many europeans as u want in ur line up or do you only have a certian amount..

A) I don't see that it would be of much value to you, as there will be few players you will want to sign, and as loan teams, whatever you get will not give your young players quality match practice.

B) You can have any configuration you want of players. Don't even have to be all English, though there are some restrictions on players trained by an English club; In the football league you need 6 registered, but they don't have to be English in nationality, just trained at a club. I can't remember, but I think over 21 they have to have been with an English club 3 years. Someone can correct me if I am slightly off. In the premier league I think is 8 trained in England on roster.

The board are useless for finding affiliates, I've found it best to wait it out until they let me pick my own. I've invested in my own academy so the purpose of my feeders now is for first options or marketing.

Could you explain that if you don't mind? What season into the game is this possible? I mean I always ask the board and they approve my request, because developing own players using the club's youth setup is one of the club's philosophies they are judging me on, and even players aged 20-21 are considered to be satisfying that philosophy as long as they are signed as "hot prospect", so me getting 15-16 year olds more than satisfies the philosophy, but it is they who approves the affiliate request, and it is they who come up with a list of clubs to choose from after a month or so..

So far I don't get to go out and pick some club like Boca and say I want these guys to be my youth affiliate.. (I wish I could get a club like Boca, Santos, Sao Paulo, Corinthians etc as they come up with great players, or under-affiliates of those clubs who give them young talent). Or is there a time in the game where if I am successful enough, they club will say "go ahead, pick any club out there and we'll try to make it for you" or something?

After getting me an affiliate, I also made more requests for more affiliates to recruit youngsters for my youth set up, and the board approved me, but all they come up with is affiliates like Shaktar for first-option.. That's not what I asked for and got approved though..

Finding good affiliates is very important for my game, because towards the end of second season, I stopped playing that save and started a new save with my Bayern, this time I want to play without making no transfers like Lucas Romero, Odegaard and so on, but ONLY develop my own players, my own youngsters and newly created regens. Bayern already starts the game with good youngsters by default, I don't need players like Romero or Odegaard, and I don't want to buy any wonderkids.. all I need is invest in coaches, facilities, development, and develop good players to replace the old ones, so player development is my main goal in this save.

The only player I bought in the beginning of the game is Bilal Ould-Chikh who is 16 and whom I can develop from an early age. The only transfers I will make is future 15 yr old newly created regens here and there.

The board when you ask for an affiliate will suggest some clubs, but if you have enough "rep" with them (not sure the under the hood mechanics) you will also have the opportunity to suggest a club to them if you don't care for their choices.

Archived