Lots of complaints regarding injuries - I fixed it.

So I know that there has been a lot of complaints regarding injuries and the amount/frequency of them. Regarding many statistical resources the amount of injuries are slightly below the average of the real world, however, since we FMers often play games a lot more condensed than the real world we tend to notice this much more, and we tend to overreact. I recently went bananas when I got both GKs red injured in the same game and two more long term injuries during the same game (playing FMC). I was just starting my first season in CL playing in the French league and had Valencia (A), PSG (A) and AS Monaco (H) within a week. Before those three important games started I found myself with no less than 11 A-team injuries, none shorter than 2 weeks. I almost clubbed a baby seal at that point.

I've had bad luck with many saves, playing mostly FMC, when it comes to injuries and I've noticed that my gameworld was in general very hampered by long term injuries with most top teams in Ligue 1 having more than 6 A-team injuries in average. This was starting to kill the fun for me, and for me FM is all about fun.

So I did what most of you would consider an unspeakable offence. I made sure there were no more injuries and instead just a bunch of fun.

I simply edited out all but one injury from the database and voila, I'm having a blast again. I know it's insanely unrealistic, but call me Sally and send me a postcard, it's fun again. I still get injuries during matches, and I have to sub players, I just don't get any players away from football for any length of time.

Love this game.

The thing is injuries are actually controllable in-game, through training intensity and giving players a rest, and playing people who are not match fit also increases the chance of injuries, which is why playing unfit senior players in reserve games is important to keep their match fitness up so they can play for the first team when required.

The thing is injuries are actually controllable in-game, through training intensity and giving players a rest, and playing people who are not match fit also increases the chance of injuries, which is why playing unfit senior players in reserve games is important to keep their match fitness up so they can play for the first team when required.

Agreed, thats why I play FMC so I don't have to micro-manage training. I usually have a pretty small squad and rotate so I never have any Senior players below 90% match fitness. I might suck at handling my players fitness and that might be the reason for all these injuries, but I don't seem to be getting any better at it despite following many suggestions, so instead I edited the database to allow me to have fun.

I understand why you did it like that but, as others have pointed out injuries in FM15 are controllable by just adjusting your training levels. I have played since the CM days apart from missing the FM10 and FM12 editions. I have always set my pre-season training level to Very High reduced to High at season start and left it on High all season without any problems of perceived overdoing of injuries until FM15. As I do whenever I have a game related question I visited these forums and did a search on injuries in FM15 and came across several threads, all advising to drop the training level. I dropped mine to Average and true enough I have severely reduced my injury list to next to nothing and even the ones I do get are of the lesser variety. I even got Adam Lallana to 100% fitness and uninjured for 4 months now. Previously he was getting injured in training and never played at all until December in season 1.

I understand why you did it like that but, as others have pointed out injuries in FM15 are controllable by just adjusting your training levels. I have played since the CM days apart from missing the FM10 and FM12 editions. I have always set my pre-season training level to Very High reduced to High at season start and left it on High all season without any problems of perceived overdoing of injuries until FM15. As I do whenever I have a game related question I visited these forums and did a search on injuries in FM15 and came across several threads, all advising to drop the training level. I dropped mine to Average and true enough I have severely reduced my injury list to next to nothing and even the ones I do get are of the lesser variety. I even got Adam Lallana to 100% fitness and uninjured for 4 months now. Previously he was getting injured in training and never played at all until December in season 1.

The times I don't play FMC I have training on High pre-season and low/average rest of the season depending on match load. The reason I just lost it this time was because of this:

Started new FMC save as OL (Ligue 1).

Three months in: 7 long-term injuries in A-team.

Resigned.

Took over Tolouse FC

First week: 4 new long-term injuries added to the allready 5 men strong injury list.

Resigned.

Took over Stade Rennais

Went well and finished 3rd.

Season 2:

Fifth game as above: Both GKs red injured and gone for 4-6 weeks. Another two orange injuries, turns out to be 6 months on one and 5-6 weeks on the other. Total injury tally: 10 A-team players.

Retired.

You also have to assign specific training, if a player has low natural fitness then a high training level would mean he gets injured more, but if he has a natural fitness of 16 or more, then you can demand more from his training routine. If you see one player getting injured constantly, then drop his individual training intensity to 'low'.

Next you should edit out the AI's ability to score goals, just to improve the fun of it, afterall, no one wants to play a game they dont win at every day, do they?

Hehe, I was waiting for that response. I see your point but don't agree, after all this applies to all players not just my own and I don't get an advantage that the AI doesn't. Basically I just removed a feature from the game.

before starting the game I used the pre Game Editor and changed all injuries that exist to minot and recovery time for all 1 day. So, the same now. It doesn't benefit only my team, benefits all teams. There're injuries during the games and forced subs, but no teams are loosing games because of key player injured or having f.e. Messi with broken leg falling out for 3 months.

I don't really have a problem with injuries at all. Current save is 20 years in and the worst thing I got was that my second goalie got an 11 month virus which pretty much killed his career. The only times it can make me a little pissy is when both guys for one position get injured but that seems quite rare for me.

• 8 months later...

Injuries have always been excessive in FM. But in FM 2015 it has reached ridiculous proportions. Luckily I purchased the in-game editor before I started a career, and have now found out - with the help of the editor - WHY the injury situation is much more severe and noticeable in this edition of the game. I used the in-game editor to check the player attributes, and found that the vast majority of the players in ALL teams have their injury proneness levels set very low. And I mean LOW. Most of them had a rating of below 10. The lower the rating the higher the probability of injury, and BAD injuries at that - putting players out of action for many weeks, often months, ( in addition to the usual, more minor injuries ).

I can't believe this was done on purpose. It was more likely an oversight when the developers made the game. Unfortunately it has affected the game in a substantial way. HOW substantial ? Well up to a third of the first team can be out at any one time. And reserve and youth teams are also affected. And this can be ongoing. No sooner has one player recovered, than another one or two get crocked. Ah ha ! I thought. "I can fix this". I'll just change the injury proneness rating and / or the natural fitness ratings upwards with the editor. But to my dismay, this makes no difference at all. Even players with edited ratings of 16 or 17 still get major injuries regularly. So the game ignores changes made with the in-game editor. And remember - this happens with ALL teams in the game. It's apparently a major programming error by the developers. And it's made an already bad injury situation much worse, to the point of being ridiculously unrealistic and ANNOYING.

Yes, I can use the "Remove all injuries" option in the editor,and I do, but the problem keeps RECURRING, and I shouldn't have to keep constantly correcting this.

Now that I've made the developers aware of this farcical issue, we should be owed a patch to fix it. But I bet they won't bother. Nor apologise.

Wow turek you are excelling yourself today, bumping two old threads to make two incorrect points.

A) The quantity of injuries on average in FM has always been lower than real life unless you have a human user doing stupid things.

B) Low injury proneness = less injuries not more. High injury proneness = more chance of injuries.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt but it almost feels like you are trolling.

Injuries have always been excessive in FM.

No, they haven't.

But in FM 2015 it has reached ridiculous proportions.

No, it hasn't.

Luckily I purchased the in-game editor before I started a career, and have now found out - with the help of the editor - WHY the injury situation is much more severe and noticeable in this edition of the game. I used the in-game editor to check the player attributes, and found that the vast majority of the players in ALL teams have their injury proneness levels set very low. And I mean LOW. Most of them had a rating of below 10. The lower the rating the higher the probability of injury, and BAD injuries at that - putting players out of action for many weeks, often months, ( in addition to the usual, more minor injuries ).

I can't believe this was done on purpose. It was more likely an oversight when the developers made the game. Unfortunately it has affected the game in a substantial way. HOW substantial ? Well up to a third of the first team can be out at any one time. And reserve and youth teams are also affected. And this can be ongoing. No sooner has one player recovered, than another one or two get crocked. Ah ha ! I thought. "I can fix this". I'll just change the injury proneness rating and / or the natural fitness ratings upwards with the editor. But to my dismay, this makes no difference at all. Even players with edited ratings of 16 or 17 still get major injuries regularly. So the game ignores changes made with the in-game editor. And remember - this happens with ALL teams in the game. It's apparently a major programming error by the developers. And it's made an already bad injury situation much worse, to the point of being ridiculously unrealistic and ANNOYING.

Yes, I can use the "Remove all injuries" option in the editor,and I do, but the problem keeps RECURRING, and I shouldn't have to keep constantly correcting this.

Having a bigger number for injury proneness means you're more prone to injuries, not the other way around. Way to take something and bastardise it to fit your own point. Really, bravo.

Seriously, where is your proof of this beyond your own conspiracy theories?

Now that I've made the developers aware of this farcical issue, we should be owed a patch to fix it. But I bet they won't bother. Nor apologise.

And he finishes with a flourish, but fails to stick the landing. Talking about what you're "owed"...deary me.

The only time injuries concern me ( and this happens way too often to be realistic ) is when a player gets carried off after all 3 subs have been used. I would just like one version of this game where I could actually use all 3 subs.

I use my 3 subs all the time and hardly ever pay for it. Just be aware though, that at the end of the game is when condition is at its lowest, so more chance of injuries.

I use my 3 subs all the time and hardly ever pay for it. Just be aware though, that at the end of the game is when condition is at its lowest, so more chance of injuries.

I never use my 3rd sub before the 74th minute, if I use him earlier I get another injury about 80% of the time.

Really don't think there is much of an issue with injuries tbh. Look at Arsenal and Man Utd in recent seasons. I seem to remember Utd having to play midfielders in defence such was the number of injuries they had. I usually have 5-6 players out throughout my squad at any one time. That seems reasonable to me.

I never use my 3rd sub before the 74th minute, if I use him earlier I get another injury about 80% of the time.

I'm sure it's not as high as 80%, you just remember the few occasions where you finish with 10 men, rather than the multiple where you finish with 11

It's happened to me a few times, but normally only a knock so I have the option of keeping them on or taking them off. But I can't say it's ever been a problem to the extent that it's unrealistic.

In one case I actually had 2 players get knocks after I'd used all my subs, but I was 6-0 up so I took them both off.

If anything i've found injury levels unrealistically low, league 2 to Championship i've been comfortable with a squad of 16 or 17 players. (keeps wage budget down)

I have had the odd save where you get a lot of injuries seemingly all at the same point, essentially a 'crisis', but this has been very, very rare for me.

I never sign and always get rid of any injury prone player which i'm sure helps.

Archived