Sports Interactive Community
col_nufc1

SC Preußen Münster - Die Adlerträger Soaring High.

preussen.jpg

I am going to start a new save with SC Preußen Münster and it will be a one club save with the hope of eventually becoming one of the biggest teams in Germany, then Europe and finally World domination.

Countries/Leagues Loaded

All countries have leagues loaded down to their lowest level.

Argentina

Austrailia

Austria

Belgium

Brazil

Croatia

Denmark

England

Finland

France

Germany

Greece

Iceland

Italy

Mexico

Netherlands

Norway

Poland

Portugal

Russia

Scotland

South Africa

South Korea

Spain

Sweden

Turkey

Ukraine

USA

I have used a large database which gives around 122,000 players loaded at the start.

preussen.jpg

The club was founded as FC Preussen in 1906 and has its roots in a group formed at the Johann-Conrad-Schlaun Grammar School. In 1921 the team took on their current name, and progressed to second division competition in 1928.

In 1933, Preußen advanced to the Gauliga Westfalen, one of sixteen top-flight leagues established through the re-organization of German football under the Third Reich. They earned only mediocre results there and were relegated twice. Their second demotion in 1941 left them out of first division football until after World War II.

The team played three seasons in the Landesliga Westfalen Gr. 2 (II) before returning to the top-flight in the Oberliga West in the 1948–49 season. That arrival was accompanied by some notoriety as Preußen Münster became the first German football club to build a team by buying players, something previously unheard of in a country committed to the ideal of amateurism. Siegfried Rachuba, Adolf Preissler, Rudolf Schulz, Felix Gerritzen, and Josef Lammers formed a front five dubbed by the press as the "Hundred-Thousand-Mark Line", even though that much money never did change hands.

The investment paid dividends as the club merited an appearance in the 1951 national final in front of 107,000 spectators at Berlin's Olympic Stadium against 1. FC Kaiserslautern where they were defeated with a score of 1:2.

Founding member of the Bundesliga. Their results as a mid-table side in the tough Oberliga West in the ten years prior to the formation of the Bundesliga in 1963 were good enough to earn them admission as one of the five teams from that league to earn a place in Germany's new sixteen-team professional circuit. The club made only a cameo appearance in the Bundesliga, being relegated after a next-to-last 15th place finish.

Post Bundesliga play Preußen Münster played out the 1960s and 1970s as a second division side in the Regionalliga West and 2. Bundesliga Nord. They slipped to the Amateur Oberliga Westfalen (III) in the 1981–82 season, and except for a short adventure in the 2. Bundesliga in the 1990 and 1991 seasons, have since played third tier football in the Regionalliga West/Sudwest (1993–2000) and Regionalliga Nord (2000–2006). During this period, they captured the German Amateur Championship in 1994 with a 1:0 win over Kickers Offenbach.

In 2006, the club were relegated to the Oberliga Westfalen, now a fourth tier circuit. Management subsequently invested significant financial resources into a high-profile team of experienced second- and third-tier players in pursuit of immediate re-promotion. The attempt ended in failure and the club re-built itself with young players in place of expensive veterans and also put in place a young and relatively unknown coach, Roger Schmidt. The re-worked side finished in first place in the 2007-8 season, and so qualified for the new Regionalliga West (IV). They ended the season in fourth place in the Regionalliga in 2008–9, and in sixth in 2009–10. They were finally promoted to 3rd Liga after finishing as champions of the West Group of the Regionalliga in the 2010-11 season.

Club Information

Generalinformation.jpg

Facilities

Facilities.jpg

Preußenstadion

179486967_01.jpg

History

Clubhistory.jpg

Finances

Finances.jpg

The Squad

Squad-1.jpg

preussen.jpg

The Manager

I start this save as a 36 year old English manager with no coaching qualifications and a former sunday league footballer as my only experience in football. I also can only speak English so I'll have to go on a German for dummies course pronto :D.

Myprofile1-1.jpgMyprofile2-2.jpg

preussen.jpg

Career Achievements

Season          League              Position        Achievements
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2014/15         3. Bundesliga        1st              Champions    
2014/16         2. Bundesliga        1st              Champions

preussen.jpg

Season Expectations

Seasonexpectations-1.jpg

Unsurprisingly I have chosen a top half finish and if we happen to do better than that great but we need to add numbers and quality to the squad to compete with some of the better teams in the Bundesliga 3.

preussen.jpg

Plannedyouthfacilities.jpg

Plannedtrainingfacilities.jpg

A good start to my relationship with the board after agreeing to upgrade the training and youth facilities.

Good to see the board upgrading the facilities :thup: Not alot to say about the transfer budget :D

Good to see the board upgrading the facilities :thup: Not alot to say about the transfer budget :D

It looks like I am going to have to raid the free agents market and loan deals this season :D

preussen.jpg74d84c07a61dd27d9edcfa55da8bcd92.jpg

Lee73Jx.jpg

I am really starting to like my board, we have agreed a link with Borussia Dortmund that will allow us to take some of there youngsters on loan without having to pay them any wages :cool:.

Fantastic link with Dortmund :cool:

I was hoping for Borussia Dortmund or Bayern Munich and I got my wish :D

Awesome! I'll be following this!

Excellent, thanks :)

How did you have the cash for expensive upgrades?

The club had over £3.7m in the bank at the start of this save so that's how we paid for the upgrades.

preussen.jpg

Pre Season Friendlies 2014/15

Preseasonfriendliesinfirstseason.jpg

Not much to see here to be honest because I use these games to get the whole squad fit and play two different sides in each half. The games against Benfica and Excelsior were the obvious highlights of the friendlies with both of them playing in the top divisons of there respective countries.

preussen.jpg

Summer Transfers 2014

Transfersinthesummerinthefirstseason.jpg

I am quite happy with the business done in this transfer window after raiding the big clubs for players that were transfer listed for nominal fees and managed to get them on free transfers and loans.

Dino Drpic - The best defender at the club now, delighted that he was my first transfer.

Gláuber - Another very good central defender for this level and he will form a great defensive partnership with Drpic and Heitmeier.

Aaron Kuhl - A wonderful young talent that will be the first name on the teamsheet.

Júnior - The on loan Everton man will provide back up for us this season.

Joseph-Claude Gyau - The pacy winger will be retrained to play as a AMC and will be rotating with Amachaibou as the Shadow Striker.

Oguzhan Kefkir - Another winger that is getting retrained to play the AMC role and will be third choice.

Julian Derstroff - Will be retrained as a forward and will play as a False Nine and be third/fourth choice.

Jan-Steffen Meier - Signed as a back up player.

Edisson Jordanov - Another back up player.

Thilo Kehrer - The youngster is one for the future.

Phillipp Steinhart - Will challenge Hergesell as the first choice left wing back.

preussen.jpg

August 2014

Augustresultsinfirstseason.jpg

Bundesliga3tableinAugustinfirstseason.jpg

Krohnesetsnewgoalsingamerecordfive.jpg

A good start to the campaign sees us top of the Bundesliga 3 table on goal difference after winning three of our opening four games. Rogier Krohne bagged five goals in my first game in charge to set a record for the team and the league for most goals in a match by a player.

We have also progressed in the DFB Pokal after hammering Bundesliga 2 side Nürnberg 4-0, it could and should of been 5-0 but Marcel Reichwein missed the chance to score a hatrick by missing a penalty in the 85th minute. We will play Hamburg in the 2nd round at home, it's a pity it wasn't a away game for the cash it would bring into the club.

preussen.jpg

September 2014

Septemberresultsinfirstseason.jpg

Bundesliga3tableinSeptemberinfirstseason.jpg

We have kept our place at the top of the Bundesliga 3, after we were unbeaten in September. Rogier Krohne seems to score a load of goals in one match then he goes a few games without scoring, it's a strange sequence.

Quite a few players are moaning already about a lack of first team football even though they have back up player as there squad status and it's starting to disprupt the team morale.

preussen.jpg

October 2014

Octoberresultsinfirstseason.jpg

Bundesliga3tableinOctoberinfirstseason.jpg

October was an awful month for us as we only picked up four points out of a possible twelve and we have dropped down to third place in the Bundesliga 3. Our strikers have forgotten how to score goals and our defence have forgot how to defend, it's not a good combination and is something that I will have to try and rectify or we will continue on our downward spiral.

We are also out of the DFB Pokal in the second round after Bundesliga side Hamburg were too good for us.

preussen.jpg

November 2014

Novemberresultsinfirstseason.jpg

Bundesliga3tableinNovemberinfirstseason.jpg

We really need to start to learn how to keep clean sheets and also stop dropping points from winning positions, as it's happening far too often at the moment. I think a change of formation is in order and I am going to play a 4-5-1/4-3-3/4-1-2-2-1 the old Barcelona system as it's something I haven't tried on this version of FM yet.

Off to good start til a blip in October.

November wasn't that much better either :(

preussen.jpg

December 2014

Decemberresultsinfirstseason.jpg

Bundesliga3tableinDecemberinfirstseason.jpg

We go into the winter break on the back of two wins and given that we haven't been able to do that for quite some time it should give the team a bit of confidence going into the seond half of this seasons campaign.

The transfer window is opening soon and I am going to look and bring in some more players on loan to add some more strength and depth to the squad because unless will can sell or release some players then we don't have the budget to sign anyone on a permanent basis.

preussen.jpg

IsignanewcontractinJanuary2015.jpg

I am happy to sign a new contract, I just wish it was longer than a one year extension.

Decent December month. Few points off the top 3.

We have been playing a lot better since I changed formations and I think we are up for this title challenge.

Good to see you doing your coaching badge :) What formation have you changed to?

Good to see you doing your coaching badge :) What formation have you changed to?

4-5-1/4-3-3/4-1-2-2-1

preussen.jpg

Winter Transfer Window 2014/15

Transfersinwinterwindowinfirstseason.jpg

We finally managed to sign some players on deadline day and they were worth the wait. No players left the club in this transfer window either.

Gary Gardner - Very good midfielder for this level but he will be behind Kuhl and Forster-Caskey in the pecking order.

Jake Forster-Caskey - He will be a fantastic player for us and hopefully a goal threat from central midfield.

Tyrone Mings - A massive upgrade for the left wing back position, delighted that he came to us.

Marian Sarr - A good young central defender and will be third choice behind Gláuber and Dino Drpic.

Sammy Ameobi - He should be a superstar at this level.

preussen.jpg

January - February 2015

January-Februaryresultsinfirstseason.jpg

Bundesliga3tableinFebruaryinfirstseason.jpg

KrohnebreakstopleaguegoalscorerrecordinFebruaryinfirstseason.jpg

A fantastic couple of months for us and the new boys have made a big difference to us and we are now only one point behind our rivals and Bundesliga 3 leaders Bielefeld.

Rogier Krohne has broken Münster's record for league goals in a season with 17, with plenty of the season left to play he should get a few more goals to add to that tally.

Cracking loan signings :thup: Hopefully Ameobi will do well for you.

It's been a very encouraging start from the new boys.

Yeah, keep on going mate! One of the older lads i once played with was at Preussen Münster. He was something like a mentor to me ;)

Nice to see someone starting in 3. Bundesliga!

Yeah, keep on going mate! One of the older lads i once played with was at Preussen Münster. He was something like a mentor to me ;)

Nice to see someone starting in 3. Bundesliga!

Cheers mate, it's been a nice change playing in the 3. Bundesliga as it's one of the few lower leagues that I haven't played before on FM.

preussen.jpg

Youth Intake 2014/15

YouthCandidatesinMarch.jpg

A poor intake this year and I don't expect any of these players to get first team football at Münster or any team in the 3. Bundesliga. These were the best three players from the intake but that's not saying much to be honest.

ChristophJansenyouthcandidateinMarch.jpg

HansWeberyouthcandidateinMarch.jpg

BurakCcediliccedilekyouthcandidateinMarch.jpg

preussen.jpg

March 2015

Marchresultsinfirstseason.jpg

Bundesliga3tableinMarchinfirstseason.jpg

With just six games left to play in the 3. Bundesliga, we have returned back to the top of the table, although it's very close between the top four teams. Our defending at corners and throw ins is killing us at the moment though and we seem to be conceeding at least one goal per game from them, I'll have to change from the default settings I am using and try something else.

Jansen looks promising tbf. Will be interesting battle in next 6 games :D

Yeah to be fair I might of underestimated him a bit :o, we'll see if he develops as he can't get any first team football until he turns 17 years old, which is bit of a daft rule in Germany. Hans Weber doesn't look too bad either, I blame the Stella I was drinking last night, it blurred my judgement :lol:.

We have on paper got a pretty easy run of fixtures to end the season, Duisburg in 8th place at the moment are the highest placed team we have to play :).

preussen.jpg

April 2015

Aprilresultsinfirstseason.jpg

Bundesliga3tableinAprilinfirstseason.jpg

Three big wins for us in April, although Chemnitz matched our results and so we are both still level on 70 points at the top but with us having the better goal difference. It looks like Bielefeld will have to settle for a playoff place but it could all change with nine points still to play for in the 3. Bundesliga.

preussen.jpg

May 2015

Mayresultsinfirstseason.jpg

That's the season finished now, I'll do a season review probably later tonight or sometime tomorrow.

preussen.jpg

End Of Season 2014/15 Review

We have won the 3. Bundesliga in my first season in charge of SC Preußen Münster, I am very happy with how we played especially when we changed our formation in the middle of the season. Chemnitz pushed us all the way and only finished two points behind us and Bielefeld won the promotion playoff against 2. Bundesliga side Sandhausen to swap places with them.

3. Bundesliga Table

Bundesliga3tableendoffirstseason.jpg

The Squad

Squadendoffirstseason.jpg

Star Players

Rogier Krohne - He had a good season for us and finished as our top goalscorer, although the goals dried up as the season went on. He won't be good enough for the 2. Bundesliga so he will probably be sold or become a back up player depending on who we sign.

Jake Forster-Caskey - Signed on loan in the winter transfer window from Brighton and he was wondeful for us. Hopefully we will be able to sign him on loan again next season.

Gláuber - The Brazilian central defender was a rock at the heart of defence for us, he also chipped in with a decent amount of goals as well.

The Future

A lot of this squad won't be good enough for the 2. Bundesliga and are out of contract and I won't be renewing them. Hopefully the players on loan that did impress, the likes of Jake Forster-Caskey, Sammy Ameobi, Aaron Kuhl and Edisson Jordanov will come back here on loan next season or in Edisson Jordanov's case on a free transfer as he's out of contract.

preussen.jpg

Seasonexpectationsforsecondseason.jpg

JuniorcoachingupgradedtoEuropeforsecondseason.jpg

YouthrecruitmentupgradedtoEuropeforsecondseason.jpg

ScoutingrangeupgradedtoEuropeforsecondseason.jpg

As you can see I chose a mid table finish (the minimum requirement) for our season expectations this season. I am a bit disappointed with the budget of both the wages and the transfer kitty and it must make us the paupers of 2. Bundesliga.

We also got the junior coaching and recruitment improved as well as the scouting range upgraded to everywhere within Europe, I have to say I am not happy that it wasn't upgraded to Worldwide but hey ho.

preussen.jpg

Summer Transfer Window 2015/16

Transfersinsummerwindowinsecondseason.jpg

With a lot of players leaving the club with either there contracts have ran out and haven't been renewed or loan deals finishing, I have had to sign an awful lot of players and to be honest I think we could do with one or two more if we can. As you can see we used the loan market again this season along with a few free agents.

Benik Afobe - The former Arsenal youngster will be the backup striker and he could also play on the left wing if needed.

Kenneth Zohore - The young Danish striker will be the main man upfront for us this season.

Joel Untersee - The Swiss right wing back was brought in as first choice and hopefully the former Juventus player won't disappoint.

Mehdi Abeid - On a season long loan from Newcastle United and will be our star man in midfield.

Rolando Aarons - On a season long loan from Newcastle United, hopefully he will score the goals that Sammy Ameobi did last year.

Damián Martínez - Another former Arsenal youngster, he will be our number one goalkeeper this season.

Josh McEachran - On a season long loan from Chelsea, he will partner Abeid in midfield.

Cristian Daminuţă - I haven't made my mind up about him yet as to whether he will be a starter or more of a rotation option.

Christoph Janker - The experienced German central defender will be back up for us.

Alfred Gomis - On a season long loan from Torino, he will be our number two goalkeeper.

Ilan Boccara - See Daminuţă, I don't know who to start with out of these two yet.

Remie Streete - On a season long loan from Newcastle United and is just here to make the numbers up.

Dedryck Boyata - On a season long loan from Manchester City, he will partner Gláuber at the heart of the defence.

Jádson - On a season long loan from Udinese, will be back up for us.

Jérémy Morel - The French left wingback is going to be first choice for us.

Jeroen Lumu - On a season long loan from Heerenveen, the Dutch winger was brought in as a squad player.

preussen.jpg

July- August 2015

July-Augustresultsinsecondseason.jpg

2BundesligatableinAugustinsecondseason.jpg

ScoutingrangeupgradedtoWorldforsecondseason.jpg

A decent start to life in the 2. Bundesliga for us and we deserved at least a point in the game we lost against Bochum. I can't believe Schalke got themselves relegated last season but they have held on to the vast majority of there star players with only Benedikt Höwedes, Kevin-Prince Boateng and Maximilian Meyer leaving.

We were unlucky losing in the first round of the DFB Pokal against Bundesliga side Hannover, with them scoring the winner in the 95th minute :eek: (Fergie time).

I asked the board to upgrade the scouting again and they have agreed, so we can now scout Worldwide :D.

preussen.jpg

September 2015

Septemberresultsinsecondseason.jpg

2BundesligatableinSeptemberinsecondseason.jpg

Aaronsoutfor8weeksinSeptemberinsecondseason.jpg

September was a perfect month for us as we win all four games in the 2. Bundesliga to rise to second in the league and only two points behind massive odds on favourites to win the league Schalke. We got some bad news after on loan winger Rolando Aarons strained his knee ligaments in our win against Braunschweig. It's a massive blow to us as he had started his career with Münster with great promise, hopefully we won't miss him to much and someone can grab this chance with open arms.

preussen.jpg

Big Name Signing

Tranquillo-Barnetta-llega-cedido-al-Eintracht-Frankfurt.jpgTranquilloBarnettainOctoberinsecondseason.jpg

I have looked at the free agents that could do a job for us and to my surprise Tranquillo Barnetta was interested in joining us after being released by Schalke last season. He is going to mainly play on the wing but he can also do a job for us in central midfield when needed.

Brilliant signings :thup: Especially Barnetta!

Am I reading it right? Schalke in 2.Bundesliga ?! :eek: