Wading through the skinning swamp - some guidance required

mikelfc8

Ante%20Coric_%20Overview%20Profile.png

1. Firstly, I've got the back next buttons where I want them. The only problem now is how to get them to re-colour to clubs secondary colour.

I've tried using this code (nicked from the quick flick buttons which are changing nicely) -

<record id="object_property">

<list id="get_properties">

<record>

<integer id="get_property" value="ttcl" />

<integer id="set_property" value="rclr" />

</record>

</list>

</record>

But it's only a guess and I'm having no luck. Am I barking up the wrong tree with that bit of code? Is there something I should be removing/overwriting?

This is how they currently look -

<!-- Back Button -->

<widget class="screen_history_button" id="back" fixed="false" width="60" appearance="" icon="icons/26px/left" icon_alignment="centre">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0"/>

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="hnpt" set_property="itms" />

<record id="primary_icon_properties" red_replacement="ui_header_icons"/>

<record id="click_event" event_id="GOTO" event_target="brow" scin="-3" />

<attachment class="test_global_attachment" get_property="MnuS" mode="1" value="true" set_property="hidn" skip_if_null="true"/>

</widget>

<!-- Next Button -->

<widget class="screen_history_button" id="forw" fixed="flase" width="40" appearance="" icon="icons/26px/right" icon_alignment="centre">

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0"/>

<attachment class="get_global_attachment" get_property="hnit" set_property="itms" />

<record id="primary_icon_properties" red_replacement="ui_header_icons"/>

<record id="click_event" event_id="GOTO" event_target="brow" scin="-2" />

<attachment class="test_global_attachment" get_property="MnuS" mode="1" value="true" set_property="hidn" skip_if_null="true"/>

</widget>

2. Next, the continue button re-colours properly for the most part, but, as can be seen in the screenshot seems to randomly turn green. I think I have followed all of the advice from this thread - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/414253-Simple-stuff-probably-quot-class-quot-queries-and-other-bits-and-bobs

Any ideas?

I did have a third problem with those ability stars but I worked it out with the aid of info from here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/412123-Adding-content-to-Human-Manager-Profile-Screen?p=10041272&viewfull=1#post10041272

As ever, thanks so much for your help.

Download the latest version of Vexillium XXCXV as the coding for the continue button and the back/next buttons recolouring is already in there. You can just steal the continue.xml from it and find the coding for the back/next buttons in title bar.xml.

Does your continue change colour when going to match screens? You have to change that part in the continue xml as well.

For the next/back buttons you will have to make a transparent paper for them as well or they wont recolour.

I have been wading through this skinning lark for a good few days now and haven't actually got near a match screen yet! Slow going in this swamp.

The next/back buttons are sorted now and everything is re-colouring nicely until I hit Continue. Sometimes it breifly shows Processing in green, sometimes not, but when it stops continue, as in the screenshot above, has always reverted to green. (see EDIT below)

Also, in the Coric screenshot you can see that the Continue text seems to be sitting a bit low (unless it is my eyes) but I can't, for the life of me, get it to nudge up a bit.

Any ideas?

Next challlenge is to recolour the sidebar icons with the team colours

I'm waiting on some advice from the siderbar editing thread about transparency and linked screens before I dive back in to that, but those icons are definitely on my list of future targets.

Thanks again for all the help.

EDIT: I seem to have solved the mystery of the green continue - just wish I knew how.

Liverpool_%20%20Profile-2.png

I'm slowly getting my skin together but there are a couple of issues, highlighted in the above screenshot, that I'm unsure about.

1. Firstly, I have changed my kits around but do not know how to tell the game. I would like the Away kit to show red text on white in the box beneath it and, crucially, in the match commentary text, and I would like to shift the red on yellow to the third kit.

2. I have changed the sidebar icons. I'm not sure about the size and sharpness/brightness of the text yet, but they're getting there. The problem is with the old U21 and U18 text from the old icons showing under the A in Academy. I would be happy to either nudge them back along and incorporate them next to the new icons or remove them altogether.

Is any of this possible?

Once again, grateful for any and all help. Thanks.

Also, just noticed that the Continue button seems low again (after I re-sized the titlebar) despite the alignment still being (as FMR suggested) centre.

I have found this info from an old thread relating to changing the commentary colours.

You can also change club colours using the fake.lnc file, I can't remember the exact syntax now but it's pretty easy, you just need the ID of the club (use "Show Unique IDs" or use the editor) and the RGB values of the new colours you want to use. Maybe take a look or ask in the Editors Hideaway.
I've got to keep my karma balanced somehow, so I've decided to be uber-helpful and dig out the code for you. I've not done this on 09 but it worked on 08, 07, 06, 05 so I can't see why 09 should be any different. Here is the code you need:

"COLOUR_CHANGE" 9999 0 191 0 51 7 37 149

Where 9999 is the unique ID of the club, the number immediately after that should be 0 for home, 1 for away or 2 for third kit.

The next three are the RGB values for the background colour, followed by the RGB values for the text colour.

So, if you want to change Man City for example to have a red background with yellow text you would use the following code:

"COLOUR_CHANGE" 679 0 255 0 0 255 255 0

Reading left to right:

679 = the unique ID for Man City

0 = home kit (where the game gets the team colours from)

255 0 0 = the RGB values for bright red

255 255 0 = the RGB values for bright yellow

Hope that's all clear, let me know if you need any more help.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/68497-Does-anyone-know-how-i-can....

Does any of that process still hold true? If it does then i can work out how to make the specific colour changes I'm after. I would have tried it out but I can't find a fake.Inc file. Can I/Do I need to create one? Or is that file outmoded now?

Any ideas chaps?

As far as I am aware the colour_change command hasn't worked for several years (I think since 3D kits were introduced), there are only two ways to check the text colours of teams either by editing them in the database though if you do that you need to start a new game, or by using an IGE editor to change the colours (Though there are reports of custom kits not working if you change the colours with the official IGE).

For the Academy icons, I'm guessing you have made the text that shows part of the icon image? If so you may be able to move the generated U21/U18 text by editing the text position (or even removing the text code) from the panels\menubar\other squad icon.xml file.

You can change the colours in a Inc file, you can also change them in the editor.

They colour to the default colours for each team, your Liverpool kits are out of date there though.

I haven't really got a clue how to go about it and I've had a go by adding the code to an existing file, but i'm having no luck. Unless you have any ideas I fear Michael may be right and I'll have to consider the IGE (not a fan - too tempting).

Yeah, I know the kits are out of date but I'm a sucker for the old white, black, red away kit from when I was a kid so I thought I'd have a go at a modern version of it, after all that's what I'd do if I were the manager:lol:.

As far as I am aware the colour_change command hasn't worked for several years (I think since 3D kits were introduced), there are only two ways to check the text colours of teams either by editing them in the database though if you do that you need to start a new game, or by using an IGE editor to change the colours (Though there are reports of custom kits not working if you change the colours with the official IGE).

For the Academy icons, I'm guessing you have made the text that shows part of the icon image? If so you may be able to move the generated U21/U18 text by editing the text position (or even removing the text code) from the panels\menubar\other squad icon.xml file.

Yep, you're right, I was inspired by wkdsoul and opted for an approach like his but much closer to the default appearance. Since I posted the screenshot I have improved on the font and sharpened it all up nicely. You were spot on with the other squad icon.xml file and the U21/U18s are now nicely aligned with the academy icons.

Thanks.

I haven't really got a clue how to go about it and I've had a go by adding the code to an existing file, but i'm having no luck. Unless you have any ideas I fear Michael may be right and I'll have to consider the IGE (not a fan - too tempting).

Yeah, I know the kits are out of date but I'm a sucker for the old white, black, red away kit from when I was a kid so I thought I'd have a go at a modern version of it, after all that's what I'd do if I were the manager:lol:.

Thanks.

How about making an xml file then and putting it in the editor data folder, you will have to start a new game though for the changes to take place.

How about making an xml file then and putting it in the editor data folder, you will have to start a new game though for the changes to take place.

Aaah.. right. I'm afraid it's my current save I'm after changing. I've become worryingly attached to my squad! Thanks for the advice though.

EDIT: Bullet bitten... IGE purchased... colours changed. Cheers chaps.

Lazar%20Markovic_%20Overview%20Profile-2.png

Here are the next couple of questions. Hope you can help...

1. How do I force the personality (Fairly Determined) to use the next line rather than cut words off? I must be using multiline incorrectly. Here is the code as it currently stands -

<!--player personality row-->

<container default_height="30" minimum_height="30" priority="3">

<layout class="arrange_horizontal_attachment" layout="-1,-1,-1" offset="0" gap="0" />

<layout class="stick_to_sides_attachment" alignment="vertical" inset="0" layout_children="true" />

<!--player personality-->

<widget class="personality_label" spec="text" style="bold" colour="yellow1" id="peRs" size="11" alignment="bottom,left" multiline="true">

<translation id="hint" translation_id="247713" type="use" value="Personality" />

<integer id="get_property" value="PPst" />

</record>

</widget>

<!--player media handling-->

<widget class="media_handling_label" spec="text" style="bold" colour="yellow3" id="mhst" size="10" alignment="middle" auto_size="vertical" multiline="true">

<translation id="hint" translation_id="291327" type="use" value="Media Handling Style" />

<integer id="get_property" value="Pghm" />

</record>

</widget>

<!--reputation-->

<widget class="reputation_label" spec="text" style="bold" colour="yellow1" id="repU" size="11" alignment="bottom,right" multiline="true">

<integer id="get_property" value="Pcrp" />

</record>

</widget>

</container>

2. How would I go about putting something like Bergkamp's Stats Panel in the section currently set to Match Ratings?

3. I've managed to change the 2 of the extra details in the action bar to CA and PA stars. Would it be possible to change the value box to something like assistant/scout view of best position, home grown status or av. rating?

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Thanks

1) try adding ', can_scale' to the end of the alignement option for the text or multi_line="true"

2) if you find the widget class info for it, you can add it as the next option on the the downdown list i nthe xml.

3) yes, but not sure what the codes are off the top of my head.

Lazar%20Markovic_%20Overview%20Profile-3.png

Thanks wkdsoul, very helpful:thup:

1. Now sorted.

2. I've got the stats panel in and have had to do some resizing of the columns. However, I haven't got a clue how to entirely remove the columns I don't want. As it stands I've reduced their width to 1 but they are still visible. How do i remove them completely? (I've had a look at the player additional stats panel as I guessed it might contain the solution, but I got a little lost).

3. I've managed to get the stacked player status icon into the action bar. Is it possible to have all the relevant status icons (Rsv, Inj, Loa etc.) laid out horizontally rather than having the button stacked as it currently is?

Here is the code for the panel -

<panel>

<layout class="fit_children_attachment" alignment="horizontal" offset="0" gap="0" />

<layout class="arrange_vertical_attachment" layout="fill" gap="0" offset="0" />

<layout class="centre_in_parent_attachment" alignment="horizontal" inset="0" layout_children="true" />

<widget class="player_status_all_button" id="psAB" file="player status all profile">

<layout class="centre_in_parent_attachment" alignment="horizontal" />

<integer id="get_property" value="Pnfa" />

</record>

</widget>

</panel>

Thanks again folks.

2. The content of the table is hardcoded all you can do is set the width of the columns you don't want to one or zero pixels (zero pixels width doesn't always work), you should be able to further hide the cut off remaining text by setting some insets to those columns (should be a thread around somewhere with more details in).

3. See if you can find the id used by the full player status view as that should hopefully display them all laid out.

Hi,

does anybody know what file(s) control the shape and texture of the shirt box (the one with the number in)? I would like to give it some nicely rounded corners and make it more fabric-like.

I have seen skins that achieve this effect, such as the Retro skin, but I'm struggling to work out how it has been managed from the player personal details and kit icon xml files. I expected to find the files pointing to graphics files that could then be physically edited, like the titlebar, sidebar etc. but that doesn't appear to be the case.

Thanks in advance.

If you mean the FMC style shirt backs then they are just controlled by the various graphics located in:

\graphics\pictures\kits\2d\outfield\back\zoomed

You should just need to edit those images to change the style, whilst there is an overlay effect image you can edit to adjust the effect added to them.

Archived