Sports Interactive Community
HuddersfieldOwl

Why so hard to get rid of unwanted players - MUST READ THREAD

so, what is the point in having a transfer system at all then ... If i cannot sell (for purposes of testing theories), my best performer, my most marketable player, in order to generate some revenue to strengthen elsewhere .... When can i use the transfer system ??

And yet, the transfer history from your save shows...

2014/15 - Spent: £725,000 Sold: £2.9m

2015/16 - Spent: £1.9m Sold: £17.5m

2016/17 (Jan'17) - Spent: £6.75m Sold: £13.12m

That's a net profit of almost £25million. Seems like you're using it just fine. You've been repeatedly told why the other players aren't shifting from your squad. Seriously dude, either deal with it or go and play something else.

In FM if you want to sell a player then I have found you have more chance if you play him. Tell the World how good he is and then wait for a bid to come in.

If you dump them in the reserves expecting good money then forget it.

And yet, the transfer history from your save shows...

That's a net profit of almost £25million. Seems like you're using it just fine. You've been repeatedly told why the other players aren't shifting from your squad. Seriously dude, either deal with it or go and play something else.

That was from sales of players who were doing so well bids automatically came in .... Huge offers ... cannot be rejected ....

If we take into account my sales, the picture would be eerily different .....

I'm not sure what you don't understand about this. You have chosen a horrible, terrible setup to try to sell players. No one is jumping to defend SI, but the problems you are having are entirely your fault and you need to stop blaming the game.

Out of curiosity, on the assumption that you load most of the leagues and countries except for maybe asia, what size of database is optimum? Small with most countries loaded?

Out of curiosity, on the assumption that you load most of the leagues and countries except for maybe asia, what size of database is optimum? Small with most countries loaded?

The size of the actual number of players loaded depends on how many leagues you choose. The more leagues/divisions you have as playable the less difference there is between small/medium/large database size % wise. Personally speaking though I would always select small irrelevant of which leagues I chose.

I've found in the past if you don't want to load all countries focus on a continent so Europe for instance. Load as many playable leagues/divisions as you can, the more variety in country the better and it should give you a decent setup.

The size of the actual number of players loaded depends on how many leagues you choose. The more leagues/divisions you have as playable the less difference there is between small/medium/large database size % wise. Personally speaking though I would always select small irrelevant of which leagues I chose.

It would be interesting to see the results of some soak tests with various setups of database sizes and leagues loaded, and the effect that had on transfer activity. I'm still not sure the relationship between them is common enough knowledge, and common sense dictates that people will automatically tend towards a "Large" database, which is ultimately counterproductive for an active transfer market. Even if it just resulted in an extra line in the dialogue box saying "You have selected X leagues in Y nations with a Z database. This will result in a BUSY / NORMAL / SLOW transfer market."

Although I'm not sure quite how you'd measure transfer activity to compare the various setups.

That was from sales of players who were doing so well bids automatically came in

So, sales for players that clubs actually wanted then? :rolleyes:

"There are a few teams interested in taking *insert player here*, however his agent has indicated he isn't willing to play in a lower division"

"Despite being transfer listed *insert player here* believes he has something to offer *insert manager here* and wants to fight for his place in the team"

Sounds like a reasonable addition to the game

The best time to sell players is always the start of the transfer window when all the teams have money. Also the player should be wanted by other clubs.

Got to agree with this. Once the budget is decided for the new season, try to sell the unwanted players immediately.

Offer up for 0 to drum up interest. Reject and then offer a reasonable transfer fee.

I'm not sure what you don't understand about this. You have chosen a horrible, terrible setup to try to sell players. No one is jumping to defend SI, but the problems you are having are entirely your fault and you need to stop blaming the game.

I think you are mostly correct here, especially because you identified this issue right at the start of the thread, nice work. I think the OPs situation has been explained to him very well, although I think it is clear that the fault is with SI, as the game does not tell the user during set-up that the transfer market will be affected. I'm not sure if it even hints at it. Considering the significant effect database size seems to have, I think it is bad game design not to explain this to the user. It's just a small change that is needed, but I do think it is harsh to say the problems are the OPs "fault" as he didn't have the information to make a better decision.

Lawlore's post above addresses this quite well, and I would love to see the experiment that he mentions.

"There are a few teams interested in taking *insert player here*, however his agent has indicated he isn't willing to play in a lower division"

"Despite being transfer listed *insert player here* believes he has something to offer *insert manager here* and wants to fight for his place in the team"

That is already in the game to an extent. If you offer a player for a transfer and there are interested teams, the game will tell often indicate why a team has not put in a bid. For example, "team X cannot afford the wage demqnds" or "team X are unwilling to make an offer while the price remains as it is". What you suggest would be a welcome addition.

I think you are mostly correct here, especially because you identified this issue right at the start of the thread, nice work. I think the OPs situation has been explained to him very well, although I think it is clear that the fault is with SI, as the game does not tell the user during set-up that the transfer market will be affected. I'm not sure if it even hints at it. Considering the significant effect database size seems to have, I think it is bad game design not to explain this to the user. It's just a small change that is needed, but I do think it is harsh to say the problems are the OPs "fault" as he didn't have the information to make a better decision.

Lawlore's post above addresses this quite well, and I would love to see the experiment that he mentions.

The only part league selection has played on the save provided was that by only having England loaded as an active nation it meant that many of the clubs outside England are inactive, this reduced the number of clubs who were able to consider signing the lad without a work-permit to a very small pool, tbh if a nation isn't selected at the start of the game I'd imagine that the default view of most people should be that the league will be inactive across all areas of the game.

I'm not sure why anyone would think anything different would happen.

That is already in the game to an extent. If you offer a player for a transfer and there are interested teams, the game will tell often indicate why a team has not put in a bid. For example, "team X cannot afford the wage demqnds" or "team X are unwilling to make an offer while the price remains as it is". What you suggest would be a welcome addition.

I re read my post and it sounded a little dismissive, which wasn't my intention :)

I think this is the only real area of the game that needs significant redesign work, and by that I mean help / signposting, not transfers.

I know player interaction is a bit sensitive, and the ME / transfer module / regens will always be tweaked every release, I just think someone needs to get a hold of how the game communicates things to the user and gives it a good shake.

I noticed yesterday on the "help" tips that show when the game is progressing through dates the message to "assign a playmaker in team instructions". Was this not something that went when the TC was introduced?

I think it is eminently reasonable, and hope we can see something done (next version, even). The news item where "no offers for X" would be the perfect place for it. Instead of a message no teams find a deal viable, it could have what you posted, there. I think that is information that we should have and also it is information that a RL manager would have as well.

The only part league selection has played on the save provided was that by only having England loaded as an active nation it meant that many of the clubs outside England are inactive, this reduced the number of clubs who were able to consider signing the lad without a work-permit to a very small pool, tbh if a nation isn't selected at the start of the game I'd imagine that the default view of most people should be that the league will be inactive across all areas of the game.

Erm, purely because this never used to be the case ...

I have owned every FM since they began

Am I meant to guess my league selection and database size will have an impact upon transfer activity, when beforehand, foreign clubs always showed interest in "good" "performing" players...

I have never, ever, loaded any other leagues than just England and never, ever used a small database .... why would I want to restrict the players I can sign / scout / involve in my game

Less immsersive expereince ... shocking suggestion from a member of SI ??

I don't believe anyone would think anything different would happen, I'm saying that they aren't even considering it. I know I have played the majority of my FM years without giving it the slightest thought, and then slapped my head when I finally read about it.

In terms of the bolded, I don't think you are quite correct here. I have played England-only games and sold players abroad. That's enough for me to not make the connection. Yes, those offers must have come from clubs who were in Continental competitions that I had active, like the Champions League, but this is only obvious now I know. If Fenerbache buy a player from me and I only have England loaded, then that could easily lead me to believe that an inactive league won't be inactive across all areas of the game.

You are right that the league selection element has only directly impacted one of the 7, although I still think a claim could be made that with more leagues loaded at least some of these players would have been able to be sold (for free). Additionally, my point about the lack of clarity from SI on the effect of league selection also extends to the other 6 transfers because the most common factor between those 6 transfers, that the players aren't interested in the possible clubs, isn't relayed by the game to the user. OP has had the issues explained to him very well, however the game isn't telling him the very logical reasons why he can't get interest for free, so of course his frustrations are understandable. His actions have caused the problem, yes, but his actions (and reaction) were reasonable considering the information on offer to him.

It's clear there is no error with the game, especially considering your thoughtful response, it is just a simple issue of lack of explanation.

Erm, purely because this never used to be the case ...

I have owned every FM since they began

Am I meant to guess my league selection and database size will have an impact upon transfer activity, when beforehand, foreign clubs always showed interest in "good" "performing" players...

Its always been the case, I have also played CM/FM since the very start and was playing around with database sizes & setups 10 years ago.

I have never, ever, loaded any other leagues than just England and never, ever used a small database .... why would I want to restrict the players I can sign / scout / involve in my game

For the reasons you have come across!

Too many players for the number of teams = flooded market = easy picking for buyers = poor selling, its basic stuff.

Its always been the case, I have also played CM/FM since the very start and was playing around with database sizes & setups 10 years ago.

For the reasons you have come across!

Too many players for the number of teams = flooded market = easy picking for buyers = poor selling, its basic stuff.

That last one is a fair point, but it also levels out over time. It can be harder in the first couple of seasons to sell players but once the game world stabilizes, it isn't so bad. I always have massive player counts/leagues loaded etc. and don't run into selling problems, particularly a few years in when I am at a point to become a selling club.

That last one is a fair point, but it also levels out over time. It can be harder in the first couple of seasons to sell players but once the game world stabilizes, it isn't so bad. I always have massive player counts/leagues loaded etc. and don't run into selling problems, particularly a few years in when I am at a point to become a selling club.

I would agree with that.

Most of the complaints we've seen on the forums have been in relation to the first two or three transfer windows.

This really made me rethink my initial set-up. Wow, I cannot believe that I did not figure out what the influence of database size and selectable leagues loaded could have on the transfer market. It is very logical, but truth be told, I never considered that some of my problems with selling players could originate there. I always thought it was just me not thinking far enough ahead :lol: (which might still be the case, of course).

It is a definite issue and has only been an issue on FM14 and FM15 IMO. Having to sell decent-good players for peanuts just to get rid happens way too often now.

This really made me rethink my initial set-up. Wow, I cannot believe that I did not figure out what the influence of database size and selectable leagues loaded could have on the transfer market. It is very logical, but truth be told, I never considered that some of my problems with selling players could originate there. I always thought it was just me not thinking far enough ahead :lol: (which might still be the case, of course).

I don't think the implications are made explicit enough- it's very easy to fall into a trap of thinking "well, my computer is pretty good, I can run a large database", whilst only picking a couple of leagues to play in, as you have no intention of managing in any other countries yourself.

The bigger issue is this problem of inactive teams not signing players (and hence, the transfer market being dead). When written out like that it makes sense, but it's not at all realistic. Those teams and leagues do still exist, they do still have champions and qualifiers for competitions (for example, Fenerbahce mentioned earlier in the thread), so really, they need to still have players and some involvement in the transfer market.

Of course, the whole point of having them inactive is so the game can be processed quicker, but that doesn't feel like the correct solution. Perhaps it's more a case of educating people to the benefits of loading more leagues as view-only, if that keeps the transfer market more active and/or realistic?

I don't think the implications are made explicit enough- it's very easy to fall into a trap of thinking "well, my computer is pretty good, I can run a large database", whilst only picking a couple of leagues to play in, as you have no intention of managing in any other countries yourself.

The bigger issue is this problem of inactive teams not signing players (and hence, the transfer market being dead). When written out like that it makes sense, but it's not at all realistic. Those teams and leagues do still exist, they do still have champions and qualifiers for competitions (for example, Fenerbahce mentioned earlier in the thread), so really, they need to still have players and some involvement in the transfer market.

Of course, the whole point of having them inactive is so the game can be processed quicker, but that doesn't feel like the correct solution. Perhaps it's more a case of educating people to the benefits of loading more leagues as view-only, if that keeps the transfer market more active and/or realistic?

Yeah, I totally agree with you. Someone earlier mentioned displaying whether your current setup would make the transfer market Busy/Normal/Slow. This could be too explicit or unclear depending on how much knowledge you have, but something along those lines would be helpful.

I know this has been mentioned a few times already. But for 'fun' game balance. I have had the most fun experiences and success with trading players with a small database, with more leagues loaded from other countries, I pick the countries I think I am most likely to trade with or fun leagues I like to watch or potentially play in.. Just my thoughts.

I know this has been mentioned a few times already. But for 'fun' game balance. I have had the most fun experiences and success with trading players with a small database, with more leagues loaded from other countries, I pick the countries I think I am most likely to trade with or fun leagues I like to watch or potentially play in.. Just my thoughts.

Exactly, you need to think a bit about how you want your save to go before selecting.

I decided on a career covering South America starting with one of the worst clubs in Brazil Div3, so loaded medium DB with all of Brazil, Division 1 only of all the other SA countries and Div 1 of Portugal, the transfer market is busy from the off with added bonus of sales and loans across the Atlantic once I've progressed to a Div2 or better club.

Exactly what I do too and I have no issues with selling players as long as I sell them at the right sort of times (as others have said, it tends to be a good idea to try to offload players once your own budget is confirmed).

I have been promoted with my team and have a bunch of players that I want to offload. I have three players who dont seem to sell. They have a bunch of clubs who are "interested", they are on low wages for this league, they have played well and are not old(29 oldest). On top of that they have one year left on their contracts. What is the reason that they are not selling? I even offered them for 0% loan wages and 0 transfer fee.

But then what is processing time like to process all those fixtures ? and does your news feed not just become completely clogged ?

You, as the player, control 100% of what appears in your news feed. There is zero reason at all to think loading more leagues will "clog up" your news feed.

If you have any sort of modern computer at all, the game isn't going to be slow. I have a CPU that was mid level in 2008 and I can smoothly run 30+ leagues loaded.

I have been promoted with my team and have a bunch of players that I want to offload. I have three players who dont seem to sell. They have a bunch of clubs who are "interested", they are on low wages for this league, they have played well and are not old(29 oldest). On top of that they have one year left on their contracts. What is the reason that they are not selling? I even offered them for 0% loan wages and 0 transfer fee.

Have you been following the thread? There could be many reasons. The teams may not have money. The player may not be interested. The interested teams may have better targets.

Then at least read Alex Crawford's posts in the thread.

Why can't they be interested?? They have a shortlist just like you.

But then what is processing time like to process all those fixtures ? and does your news feed not just become completely clogged ?

You can choose what you want to see. That's no problem. If you have a reasonable machine processing time is fine - don't go ballistic and choose all the leagues, as I said earlier just choose the ones you think would trade with you if you think its an issue.

Basically op from what I have seen from your posts is your stuck with a bomb squad, players who will happily take a wage from you and no teams that either want or can afford the players.

If you would like a real life scenario take a look at Aston Villa it took ages to get rid of the players from the bomb squad and one even got back into the team it happens clubs wont just go and buy a player they don't need.

I would also like to thank Alex for the explanation as it did clear up a few things for me.

I think the issue with DB sizes and league loaded having implications on selling players is because the tightening of the transfer market is quite a recent addition to FM, and people are simply selecting the sizes/leagues they always have done prior to FM14. Because selling has only recently become an 'issue' (a welcome one in my opinion), and there was never trouble previously with large DB/small amount of leagues, it is much more logical, and easier, for players to blame the new game than their choice of DB-leagues ratio.

Specs please?

I really enjoyed reading all of this thread, some interesting things were discussed which leads me onto my question.

How does everyone manage their squads, for me it;s something I think is often overlooked, RT Herringbone has a great spreadsheet on his blog on how he does it but do other people have such methods/process.

I'd love to hear from people who may have some ideas :)

I like to have a core group of 15 who are regular starters, 5 versatile players who are clear backups & have a personality that will not see them be too unhappy at that & a small group of young (18-22) prospects who are good enough to not be embarrassed when they play.

A screen I often use is Squad Depth>By Position, if I have more than 3 players in a position who are all rated at a minimum of 4 stars then I have a problem & will look to move someone on. The one exception is with the keepers where I like to have a clear #1, an reliable, low ambition 2/2.5* #2 & a high potential youngster in the #3 slot.

If there is an active reserve team I tend to keep that to no more than 15 players & will do my best to keep them to 1 or 2 year contracts, if there is no active reserve squad then I will not have any reserve players. The Youth squad will be left to my HoyD to handle, this includes all transfer & contract matters.

I really love the way SI come back tell you whats not working when in fact last seasons game release, i had a production of players being bought and sold for a good amount.

What i use to do was buy good quality stock and also out of contract players and sell the in the same season come the end of it. I would keep them for 1 season building up their reputation and most of all the price tag on the player. My aim was to get players in for the new season and sell them come the end. This process obviously made me very rich indeed to the point i raised the clubs economical status in the world game which also raised interest for other players wanting to join my club. I had a lot of fun signing up players who had a value of 5 million whilst they were out of contract. I'd snatch them up fast and sell them come the end of the season for around that value always making a dime.

This season it's not the case and I am not happy about hearing it's the AI all the time. The process i use to use has changed dramatically and i can't make profits like i use to. To sell unwanted players I have to go through a stupid amount of stupid negotiations with other teams. I obviously look at the players i want to get rid off, then let my director deal with them. I also have to most of the times manually add clubs to the players profile to get some interest. So again i have to manually intervene and sort out the BS. Is the AI looking at your players in the first place at all ? may or may not be something not yet concrete to me in this release.

Contract negotiations have been a nightmare for me in this version due to so many changes and obviously i'll get the same response back from SI that it's the AI making deals and acting like a human. Now from what i'm reading SI is saying if the club has the money they will make an offer based on many different scenarios. Really, The english premier leagues profits are rising every year and so does club money. But for some reason teams in lower division will not want to buy a player your selling for 1/3 of his value which again to SI is not a static value.

I'm finding i'm spending a heaps load of time getting rid of players than enjoying the game. I am not asking for easy smooth process but for gods sake when your trying to sell players half price and they are premier league players interest should always be around the corner. OH hang on, did anyone mention Defoe ? Old man now, but still attracts a lot of interest even when playing in america let alone did we forget the likes of Xavi as well.

amazing.

I'm playing vanarama south league at the moment. I"m close towards the end of the season and what i don't like is that i now have 7 players who don't want to re-sign for my team because they are all saying the same story. I also have another 4 staff members not signing up. Tell me what on earth am i suppose to do in this version of the game. I don't play the game for winning championships as a primary goal. I play the game to build up a proper financial budget for my team which was achieved last season. FM16 has really dissapointed me in terms of contractual negotiations. sorry but let the truth be said.

Contract negotiations have been a nightmare for me in this version due to so many changes and obviously i'll get the same response back from SI that it's the AI making deals and acting like a human. Now from what i'm reading SI is saying if the club has the money they will make an offer based on many different scenarios. Really, The english premier leagues profits are rising every year and so does club money. But for some reason teams in lower division will not want to buy a player your selling for 1/3 of his value which again to SI is not a static value.
Why would the huge sums of money at Premier League clubs have any bearing on the money available to lower league clubs? The wealth is not shared out in an equitable manner & what is spent tends to go abroad or to clubs in the top two divisions, by the time you get down to level 5 or 6 of the English pyramid the majority of clubs will have next to nothing to spend on transfer fees & they are reliant on picking up free agents.

Edit: Have you read the entirety of this thread? The OP took the same churn & burn approach to transfers that you have done which is essentially exploiting the game code & SI have continually updated the transfer module to make it more robust so that exploits are harder to use. Think of it in the same way as the ME team coding out the flaws that made diablo such a successful tactic, would you blame them for removing the ME exploit or change your approach to meet the demands of the new match engine?

Why would the huge sums of money at Premier League clubs have any bearing on the money available to lower league clubs? The wealth is not shared out in an equitable manner & what is spent tends to go abroad or to clubs in the top two divisions, by the time you get down to level 5 or 6 of the English pyramid the majority of clubs will have next to nothing to spend on transfer fees & they are reliant on picking up free agents.

Edit: Have you read the entirety of this thread? The OP took the same churn & burn approach to transfers that you have done which is essentially exploiting the game code & SI have continually updated the transfer module to make it more robust so that exploits are harder to use. Think of it in the same way as the ME team coding out the flaws that made diablo such a successful tactic, would you blame them for removing the ME exploit or change your approach to meet the demands of the new match engine?

It's a shame how people can't read, I think both yourself & Alex have gave some awesome answers and I thank you for it :)

I like to have a core group of 15 who are regular starters, 5 versatile players who are clear backups & have a personality that will not see them be too unhappy at that & a small group of young (18-22) prospects who are good enough to not be embarrassed when they play.

A screen I often use is Squad Depth>By Position, if I have more than 3 players in a position who are all rated at a minimum of 4 stars then I have a problem & will look to move someone on. The one exception is with the keepers where I like to have a clear #1, an reliable, low ambition 2/2.5* #2 & a high potential youngster in the #3 slot.

If there is an active reserve team I tend to keep that to no more than 15 players & will do my best to keep them to 1 or 2 year contracts, if there is no active reserve squad then I will not have any reserve players. The Youth squad will be left to my HoyD to handle, this includes all transfer & contract matters.

Thanks for your reply mate :)

This is what I do:

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/459422-Squad-Management-Ideas-Spreadsheet

Surely it's not a good idea not to sign players who are not granted a work permit, unless you have a work permit affiliate club that is.

Just taken a quick look at the save, went to your transfer history section first.

So far getting buyers for your players does not appear to be a problem, I'll take a closer look at individual players at your club & update later.

The Players

I have just looked at players you have transfer or loan listed.

Tom Lees;

He is only willing to play in the Premier League, every other club below that level gets a very clear not interested from him & his agent.

Clubs who are interest or are looking to fill a position that Lees can fill are Burnley (£150k left in budget), Swansea (£78k left) & Derby (925k left)

Srdjan Mijailovic;

This is the lad with no work permit so UK clubs are out, with only having England active there are very few active clubs where a player of his ability will be useful, those who are looking want a better quality player.

Rhys McCabe;

He is only willing to play in the Premier League, Burnley & Swansea would be interested in a transfer if they had the budget but they do not, the other clubs who have a positional need are Liverpool & Everton but he's not good enough to go to either of those clubs

Herolind Shala;

Again he has no interest in dropping down from the Premier League & again the only clubs who need a player like him are Burnley & Swansea, Man City & Everton would also be interested if he was good enough to be in their first team.

Will Keane & Sammy Ameobi;

QPR, Newcastle, West Ham & Sunderland are all looking for a striker but all have identified players who are 15-30 CA points better than both players, Man City & Chelsea are also looking for a first team striker but clearly neither are good enough for them.

Guillaume Hubert;

A poor player by Premier League standards but a useful #3 keeper, he also has no interest in dropping down division while contracted to a Premier league side (he still believes he'll make it) or being a backup elsewhere, QPR would be interested if they had not already found targets who are much better & willing to accept backup squad status.

To be perfectly honest you are doing better than average in terms of bringing in players & getting them moved on when not needed, it does look like your expectations are far too high & as I've mention before it also appears that you're bringing in too many free transfers with the idea of loaning them before selling them for a profit, this is a strategy that you might want to reconsider or at least when doing it bring the players in at a much younger age to give them time to develop.

With all this said there are some further improvements in the pipeline that will help in moving some of these players on when the next update is released.

How do you find all this info out, would certainly help me in the French League

How do you find all this info out, would certainly help me in the French League

He was employed at SI at the time, so was able to see this information with an app/tool that looked under the hood.

I haven't encountered many issues in getting rid of unwanted players, apart from Adebayor who was also doing his best to destroy squad harmony because i was playing Jerome Sinclair over him. In the end i literally sold him for 10k, i needed those wages.

So weve established why it doesnt work, wrong amount of players, leagues, reputuation too low or too high, wages too high, not wanting to drop down a league, not good enough to go up, clubs dont have money, clubs have better players, clubs dont think they will come, but what circumstances does it work..

Wealdstone. Summer 2026. 11 years at club. 5th in the championship. 2,000k stadium. I think this save covers alot of situations you will encounter. I just typed this out as fast as I could so forgive the spelling and it being a bit all over the place, and its about the last bit of effort I'm willing to put into this, call it my final word cos I give up, Ive waisted more than enough effort on this already, I admit defeat.

46,000 players, no database changes

17 playable leagues

England. France. Germany. Holland. Italy. Spain.

Total transfer activity.

Players bought 1. Value 74k. That was just to do it really.

Players sold 9. Total Value 220k.

4 free transfers season 1.

0 season 2

1 player sold 100k season 3. valued at 4k. Bought by a championship club, intial bid 4k, not sure what they saw in this player, couldnt really get in my non league team. Never played a game for them.

0 season 4

0 season 5

1 free transfer season 6, 1 bid for a key player, under value, rejected. Player unhappy left on a free at the end of the season.

0 season 7

0 season 8

0 season 9

0 season 10.

2 season 11. 1 for 19k, valued at 50k, wanted to leave, offered to clubs.

1 98k non negioatble bid, player valued at 250k, key player, played every match, good performer. Left me 1st in the championship, because he considered them a 'much bigger club' 4th in League 1. Both teams 2.5 * reputation, ranked 3 places above me at the time in the team rankings.

No bids for any of my star performers or AI trying to poach my players.

Key player.

Regen. English. Valued at 110k, AMC, age 24, earning 1.1k a week. 6 seasons at club. Signed when in vanarama national 18 year old.

203 appearances, 52 goals, 47 assists, 25 POM, 7.37 average. Supporters player of the year last 2 year, Sky bet 1 player of the year last year.

inquiries 0, Bids 0, interest 0. Ever.

This theme runs throughout team. Many players like him. Occasional minor interest from league 2 clubs. No bids. 1 or 2 bids in 11 season for players under value, and in installements, the AI generally undervalue buying but over value selling, I have to offer 10 times player value to get them to even start negioating, the AI come in with deriograty offers and are expecting me to say yes, if they even bother at all. This 10 or 20 times value as the seller compared to under 1 times as the buyer is a complete mis match which causes a very stagnant transfer market, added with an AI that has no interest in buying or selling its pretty dull. I dont even bother renewing contracts such is the AIs lack of interest transfer activity or improving their squads.

The thing is, if I leave this club and let an AI manager take over he would be fighting off bids left right and centre, I know this cos I tested this in a previous FM.

The AI seem to treat double the money the same as if its 5k or 5 million, they dont seem to be able to tell the difference and will haggle over a pound the same way they would if it was a million.

Players wage demands too high?, reduce the squad status and they will sign for half the wage.

No interest generally giving players away, sometimes they do but reject wages.

Something is broke with reptuation when my star players playing well can only generate minor interest from clubs 2 leagues below and about to be relgated.

Same with job offers for me, being offered countless job interviews for a team about to be relegated out of sky bet 1 when I'm topping the championship, then getting asked why I rejected the offer.

Countless pointless media questions. 3 times a week, top of the league, asking whether I think we will go up in 1 question, then asked if I think I will stay up the question after. Praised for form one question, critised for it the next. Condtradiction and repetive questions. Every few days.

1,000s of repeated monthly loan offers for players that are already playing in my first team.

Finished 5th in the championship, got beat in the play offs, 2k stadium board wont expand it cos we got so much debt because they already wasted a fortune and numerous pointless expansions getting it to 2k, which means my attendances and stadium in the championship is actually smaller than they were in the conference.

On top of that this year seems to be very goaly. I'm always the leading goalscorer and the worst conceder. Defenders seem so much more underpowered than strikers, I have a hard time finding defenders that have a clue but strikers that can score every shot are everywhere, I think this might be why I have more joy getting rid of defenders over attackers, they are a rare breed. They make loads of mistakes. The amount of goals from kick off, from me and from the AI, first attacks in under 2 mins, very often. One game I win 5-1 the next I lose 5-1. Games seem to be a lottery, either misfiring or firing on all cylinders, I dont even care who I'm playing cos anyone can thrash anyone on their day. To be honest though I stopped caring about conceding so much because I'm always overachieving anyway. I cant believe how bad my form can be at times yet I still somehow find myself hanging about the top of the league, everyone else must have it even worse.

So much immersion breaking stuff in this simualtion that performs much worse as a simiulation than it did a decade ago,

I'm pretty sure if I had picked Mancity, played for 3 seasons messing about with the top 100 players in the game I wouldnt have seen any of these problems, but its complained about often by many players for many years, so whats the point, the game works fine and its user error so lets stop waisting our times moaning about it. I think I'm just done with this game.

I could sell a 1 legged donkey on FM and have been told off in another thread for selling too many players ;)

I do run the game with a 70k+ player DB with all the top European Leagues playable (top division only) and then my league (all divisions) dependent on where I start. So maybe that has a bearing on it all idk

The transfer market is my favorite part of the game, so any dramatic changes to make it stricter/harder would probably ruin my experience. What I like is the option is there to play it how you choose and not be forced down a route.

i appreciate im probably late to the party on this thread, but still, i have saves where I have shifted a player earning 600k per week, who has been sat in my reserves for 4 years doing nothing... the AI do take on players, just have a little patience sometmes.

Yeah, but like I said pick a super club, play with superstars for half a dozen seasons and watch the game work like a charm, try it any other way and then it might not.