Director of Football

I've just noticed in the Staff Responsibilities that my director of football Frank Arnesen who I hired a few years is ALLOWED to sack me and also ALLOWED to offer me a new contract. And I'm allowed to do the same to him which is obvious. Is this right?

I do remember a few seasons ago he offered me a new contract not long after I hired him lol.

It feels like im below him which isn't right surely?

It seems a bit weird the way two different colleagues in different positions can sack each other lol. I know the DoF does it under the supervision of the board but do u get what I mean?

It's one of them... sack him before he sacks me lmao. Comical.

EDIT: Not that I'm gonna get the sack ive just won the treble. Just thought I'd raise it.

Our DoF can not sack me. However, our Managing Director can. Arsenal, ManDir is Gazidis. My guess is that it is a little different according to what roles you already have in your board (directors). If we had neither a ManDir nor a DoF, only the chairman could sack me.

Technically that is correct, a Director of Football is generally considered to be higher up the club hierarchy than first team head coach/manager.

This is not how it works in FM, in your situation if you are sacked the DoF will be carrying out instructions given to him by the Chairman.

DoF only carrying out the instructions by the Chairman, that is very interesting. I have a question to it: as it known, the patience rating from 1 (very impatient) to 20 (very patient) is very important for the likeliness to be sacked or not. So let's say if the DoF is set as the person who hires/fires the mananger in the staff responsibilities and the Chairman has a patience rating of 20 and the DoF of 1, the job is still quite safe with a bad run of results because the final decision is still by the Chairman who is very patient?

Archived