[FM15]Knocking Fergie off his perch. The noisy neighbours are turning up the volume

Northernpilgrim

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It could be the Community Shield, could it also be the UEFA Super Cup?

He has 10 Community Shields to my 9, the UEFA Super Cup doesn't count on the England HoF (but would on world or European). I'm only looking at the England one because I'm only targetting his Man Utd trophy haul. A domestic trophy of any kind this season should see me topple him, then I'll just be waiting for the stadium move. It'll be interesting to see who replaces me and what they do to my squad.

Odd to see Wigan doing so well, given that they fall almost instantly into the Conference on many of my saves.

Good luck getting that next league title!

It seems to depend on whether they go up in the first season, which they did. If they don't, their debts quickly overwhelm them, sending them down the leagues. I'm more intrigued as to why Tottenham fell into League 1.

Thanks for the title wishes, but my next update will reveal we're making a Horlicks of doing it this season :(

We went down to 10 men against Arsenal after 36 minutes, with the score at 2-1 to them. We were level at 2-2 after 43, but parity lasted less than a minute. They added another 5 minutes later, to lead 4-2. It became 5-2 after 66 minutes, before centre back Junio gave us hope on 73. A late penalty finally killed us off. Fulham was another one of those frustrating, throw the computer out of the window games that we dominated for almost the whole match, missed a host of chances, and got sucker punched. The Chelsea result was deserved, we were awful. I'm just glad we finished the month with a solid, and deserved win. On to January, but not much transfer activity planned, barring any departures.

I will be looking to add two more central defenders in the summer, with Touill and Junio hopefully moving on, as Touill will be 34 in the Summer, and Junio will reach the same age in the early weeks of next season. A couple of younger, but first team ready, defenders is a massive priority.

Summing up March is easy. Started the month with a crazy 3-3 draw against Everton that featured 4 goals in 5 minutes (leaving us 3-1 down), 3 hammerings, then an aberration against Newport

Mar%202032_zpsrraallzj.png

all of which leaves us still top of the table, and in control of our destiny, but with a tough run in to come

Mar%202032%20table_zps0gruxxzr.png

Fantastic job mate! I am surprised that Mourinho did not manage to overtake Sir Alex though!

Given that I've won the league 14 times in 18 seasons, and have won 11 domestic cups, I didn't give him enough opportunities to do it :)

He's also not been in England the whole time either. He left Chelsea for the France job in 2022, joined Lyon in 2024, and only returned to England in 2026, joining Arsenal. He left them in 2028, rejoining his old club Benfica, and retired in 2029.

I'm just glad that at 90 years old he's not too senile to see what you've done to him... :D

Only one more season to inflict further pain on him before the move to my stadium and the handover to a new manager. I will be looking for a really top team to come and open the stadium, and will announce as soon as a deal is done.

I will be looking for a really top team to come and open the stadium

Well, I have an idea - and the team I'm thinking of only live about 5 miles away. Not sure if they would want to play a friendly against you, though... :D

The players in the squad who are City youth products are:

Khalifa Al-Hosani

Jon Collett

Geoff Price

James Osbourne

Gary Atherton

Eddie McGann

Al-Hosani is already my regular right back, taking over from Marc Veilex last season

Jon Collett is understudy to Luis Gustavo at left back, and currently out on loan gaining experience

Geoff Price is unlikely to make many appearances this season, as he seems to have discipline issues

James Osbourne is another with a future that's out on loan gaining experience

Gary Atherton will mainly be a sub this season, but I'll play him occasionally against weaker opponents to give him a taster

Eddie McGann is likely to be sold, and isn't in my plans for this season

Missed opportunities cost us dear against Wigan, a statistically very even game against Fiorentina certainly wasn't reflected in the scoreline, but overall, a reasonable October

Oct%202032_zpsoelznejs.png

and we're still on top of the League

Oct%202032%20table_zpsfnyanopv.png

but facing a battle to escape what should have been a comfortable Champions League group

CL%20Oct%202032_zps5oauzfhh.png

Archived