Sports Interactive Community
sxarthur

FM 15 has score generated on the start of the match?

I'm rushing matches, winning some in a row, when i noticed the score flashed real quick before the match started showing: me 2-3 other team... and at the end i did lose 2-3 (a very weaker team, i'm 1st x 16th place). does the game forcefully makes you lose when you win too much? it got me really mad.

anyone else noticed this?

The game is played out before you see the "highlights" as that's all you see.

So in a sense, the game is progressed to play out a result, and you're given the "highlights" to views.

Of course, you can alter the outcome by making subs, changing tactics, and other things. At which point during your substitution the rest of the game play is regenerated

But none of this happens until you hit "Submit team".

If it flashes up and you're going to win, then leave everything untouched. If it flashes up that you're going to lose, change your tactics straight away. Take advantage ;)

The common outcome is that it is a case of confirmation bias, as for a high of free kicks that make the highlights package being scored that will depend on what highlight option you have selected.

If you think that a particular match event lacked a sense of realism please do take the time to raise a query in the match engine section of the bugs forum.

im not sure but maybe your opponents figure out your tactical approach

The old 'It's your tactics' response. Always makes me laugh that on these boards everyone appears to be of the opinion that PC's can think. Trust me, if SI had cracked that particular problem they would be wasted working on video games. Anything that happens in the game is a result of ones and zeros the same as any program. When they say that other teams have got used to your tactic what they really mean is that the code has weighted things against that particular tactic somewhat as it has been used so often. Is this a cheat? you decide but how much bias one way or the other is something known only by SI. There is an old saying for computers, 'put crap in and you get crap out'. As far as I am aware that hasn't changed much and will not change until the machine really can think for itself.

I haven't changed my tactics in 30 seasons - and the AI hasn't copped on to it, or figured a way to beat it.

I haven't changed my tactics in 30 seasons - and the AI hasn't copped on to it, or figured a way to beat it.

Okay please raise it on the match engine bugs forums so our match team can check and see if the tactic is overpowered and why the AI can't adapt to it - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/447-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Thanks.

The old 'It's your tactics' response. Always makes me laugh that on these boards everyone appears to be of the opinion that PC's can think. Trust me, if SI had cracked that particular problem they would be wasted working on video games. Anything that happens in the game is a result of ones and zeros the same as any program. When they say that other teams have got used to your tactic what they really mean is that the code has weighted things against that particular tactic somewhat as it has been used so often. Is this a cheat? you decide but how much bias one way or the other is something known only by SI. There is an old saying for computers, 'put crap in and you get crap out'. As far as I am aware that hasn't changed much and will not change until the machine really can think for itself.

Except this doesn't happen either.

What happens is that the AI teams base their tactics on the expected strength of both teams. If they expect to be the better team then they play a more aggressive attacking tactic whereas if they expect to be the weaker team they play a more defensive tactic (This I presume is partially modified by the AI manager's attributes).

Same here with my current save. Won the conference, won league 2, won league 1 and now sitting 2nd in the championship after 12 games. Of course some here will now say that we are exploiting the ME because we have the cheek to actually win :)

Except this doesn't happen either.

What happens is that the AI teams base their tactics on the expected strength of both teams. If they expect to be the better team then they play a more aggressive attacking tactic whereas if they expect to be the weaker team they play a more defensive tactic (This I presume is partially modified by the AI manager's attributes).

Both are true. Note that Neil above wants Eugene's tactic to be looked at to see why the AI cannot adapt to it. Adapt being the important word there, not simply play a defensive tactic. As computers cannot think this adaptation is simulated in the code which in effect is weighting against the tactic in question. Obviously there are some variables in Eugene's tactic and perhaps mine that this adaptation does not counter so the tactics remain viable.

Both are true. Note that Neil above wants Eugene's tactic to be looked at to see why the AI cannot adapt to it. Adapt being the important word there, not simply play a defensive tactic. As computers cannot think this adaptation is simulated in the code which in effect is weighting against the tactic in question. Obviously there are some variables in Eugene's tactic and perhaps mine that this adaptation does not counter so the tactics remain viable.

When I say 'adapt' I don't mean create a tactic from scratch to counter it, it's more them selecting a tactic from their AI manager's available tactics. If his team is incredibly strong, it's unlikely an AI team will play overly attacking against it - we won't know for sure unless we see the save game and tactic ourselves really.

I'm rushing matches, winning some in a row, when i noticed the score flashed real quick before the match started showing: me 2-3 other team... and at the end i did lose 2-3 (a very weaker team, i'm 1st x 16th place). does the game forcefully makes you lose when you win too much? it got me really mad.

I have!! I thought it was just that I was massively sleep deprived but I've seen it at least a couple of times now, I don't think the score reflected the end result but I am interested to know what this figure relates to.

When I say 'adapt' I don't mean create a tactic from scratch to counter it, it's more them selecting a tactic from their AI manager's available tactics. If his team is incredibly strong, it's unlikely an AI team will play overly attacking against it - we won't know for sure unless we see the save game and tactic ourselves really.

I don't have a problem with the AI simulating intelligent countering of a tactic. Game would be pretty boring if it didn't. What I have a problem with is that sometimes it's so transparent. When a team playing fantastic football suddenly appears to forget how to play and go from world beaters to brain dead, sometimes in the same match it is annoying because it breaks the immersion. Instead of playing a match against another team I am suddenly playing against the code if you know what I mean. My tactic does not win every match but over the season I usually come out on top. I lost my last match 1-2. The stats were 45 shots 14 on target for me & 5 shots 2 on target for the AI. I had complete dominance of the match but lost, which happens. What really annoyed me in that match was that their GK only finished on 6.7 and honestly, there was a heavenly choir cheering him on as befits god :D

I think the reason my tactic is so effective is that the AI does come out very attacking against it. I am playing counter attacking with the tactic but as you can see from that last match it acts more like all out attack and I think this may fool the AI code somewhat. Of course I could be way off base here :p

Okay please raise it on the match engine bugs forums so our match team can check and see if the tactic is overpowered and why the AI can't adapt to it - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/447-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Thanks.

Ok will do.

It's a basic 4, 1, 3, 2

Set to Fluid and Attacking

4 at back are - WB (A) CB(Cov) CB (Limited) WB (A)

1 in middle is BWM

AML - AMC - AMR - Winger, Playmaker, Inside Forward

2 Strikers - Poachers

Score about 100-120 goals per season.

That being said - I've spared no expense in recruitment, 85m here and 65m there etc.

I've a top top team.

Basically 5 world class players up front scoring loads of goals.

Stronger midfielder to win the ball.

Strong defence to tackle and outpace others and passing.

Other than that - no matter what team I am what level of football - this tactic works in FM12, FM13, FM14 and FM15.

The score that flashes up is the score from the previous game you played. I thought the same as you at first.

Ok will do.

It's a basic 4, 1, 3, 2

Set to Fluid and Attacking

4 at back are - WB (A) CB(Cov) CB (Limited) WB (A)

1 in middle is BWM

AML - AMC - AMR - Winger, Playmaker, Inside Forward

2 Strikers - Poachers

Score about 100-120 goals per season.

That being said - I've spared no expense in recruitment, 85m here and 65m there etc.

I've a top top team.

Ideally the bugs forum please - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/447-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

And upload your save to our FTP so I can take a look, FTP details here - http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405113-FTP-Details

Remember to let us know the file name. Thanks.

If it flashes up and you're going to win, then leave everything untouched. If it flashes up that you're going to lose, change your tactics straight away. Take advantage ;)

Unless the opposition changes tactics. Or changes formation. Or makes a substitution. Or has an injury.