La Liga TV Revenue

Is it dynamic?

I ask because I'm playing as Eibar and I've received the following over the years:

2014/15 £9,362,500

2015/16 £20,562,500

2016/17 £20,600,000

2017/18 £20,750,000

2018/19 £20,169,409

2019/20 £19,565,313

And I've just been told that in 2020/21 we'll receive £17.61m.

Since starting I've done pretty well and while we haven't won anything yet we have finished 10th, 11th, 7th, 3rd, 4th and 4th and according to the reputations list we're now the 4th most reputable club in Spain.

So, is it dynamic and when can I expect it to reflect Eibar's revised reputation (and get a bit closer to Barca and Real's circa £90m a season) if so?

Ta muchly.

We're the 9th most reputable team in the world now according to this list.

2j1lnko.jpg

With La Liga the third most reputable league.

2nk2ok.jpg

Yet my tv revenue has gone backwards from when Eibar were only national rep in the second season.

EDIT: Oh we don't have any affiliates yet mind as our board can't find anyone to link us with, which seems a bit broken given the reputation above, but there we go.

Eibar is a pretty tiny place, with a population of under 30,000. Even if you're a big, attractive club you're not likely to attract the same kind of support a team from a bigger area might manage for a very long time if ever - which translates to fewer people being willing to pay to watch you on TV. The progression seems a little off but the amount is pretty reasonable I'd say. You're getting more than the two big Basque teams get in real life despite the lower population and only relatively recent success.

The base amount's stayed the same for 6 years and the overall amount only changing slightly each season due to the amount of games we have on tv and the reputation of La Liga.

I was earning more than the two big Basque clubs get in real life in my second season and this hasn't changed since, which leads me to believe the tv money in La Liga isn't dynamic. Does anyone know for certain if that's the case or not?

TV deals are dynamic & the length of time that any single deal last will also vary, have your board entered into a long term deal?

Ah, cheers Alex.

My board haven't yet no. Would you be able to explain a bit more about how these work, what sort of things need to happen to trigger them and how the tv money works if you don't have one?

Clubs in Spain are free to negotiate their own TV deals, this is how Real Madrid & Barcelona have significantly higher commercial income than every other club in Spain. Over time & with a consistently high reputation your board will be in a position to negotiate an exclusive TV rights deal, how soon they can do this & how much they are able to negotiate will depend on hidden board attributes.

Thanks Alex, that's much appreciated.

So if we don't have a tv deal is there just a pot that's shared between all the remaining teams that don't have deals?

Worth nothing as well its highly unlikely you will reach the levels of Real and Barca due to the huge TV deals they already have in real life.

Yeah, of course, but if I can get to the level of say the deal Valencia have (as detailed in the link below) that'll make a big difference. It'd be an extra £20m a year, so an additional circa £400k per week on the wage budget.

http://worldsoccertalk.com/2013/11/14/revealing-distribution-of-tv-money-for-la-liga-clubs-compared-to-epl-clubs/

That's why I was asking the question and what I'm aiming for. I'm guessing I could play the save for 50 years and not reach Barca/Real levels.

Archived