A bit harsh, or bug? my LITTLE story

Started my first career game and after one unsuccessful season at Middelfart Fodbold of Denmark (Beavis and Buttheads favourite team I'm told) I ended up at Maidenhead FC in the Conference South for the start of the second season. They were the only club interested, for good reason, they had the lowest wage budget and were predicted to come 22nd out of 22, my target was to keep them up. I did this in my first season and continued on for 5 full seasons of mid to lower half obscurity, again it was fine as the board were just pleased that I didn't go down. Towards the back end of season 5, two things changed, I read the pairs and combinations guide by llama 3 (great work by the way) as I felt Maidenhead deserved more and I was a bit bored of coming 14th, the second thing was the board wanted me to drop James Mitchell, a 20 year old regen who has 5 star potential and fit into my tactic really well. I ignored the latter focusing more on my tactics, by the time the 6th season started I was very confident that I would astound the board as again I had been predicted to come last. I was right, I had cracked it (or llama 3 did) anyway I was going to take the credit, I was playing the type of football the fans deserved, 2nd in the league after 10 games, plus 15 goal difference, then, they sacked me, the short notice mentioned that I never did get round to dropping James Mitchell, is that right? like a boy who's been dumped for the first time I needed answers, my partner pipes up ' they obviously wanted you out', that didn't help. Like most people, I expect, I wanted to check the alternate reality, I reloaded from 2 games before, dropped poor James (who was the 4th best average rating out of the squad of 20 by the way) and continued, until at the exact same point, they sack me again, maybe she was right, they did just want me out? Ok, I though, I'm man enough, I need to find another lady.. I mean club, then from nowhere Accrington, 2nd in the Conference offered me the job, obviously the pressure is on to reach the play offs, but I'm back. Midseason takeovers are never good, especially when the club in on maximum wage exposure and the players they have don't work with the tactic you lovingly created, a few games in, it's tough, I most probably will not make the play offs, and find myself looking for another club, I cast my eye of the league below and wonder, how is my lady love, I mean Maidenhead FC getting on, not well, they've lost 6 of the next 8 games, good I think, then I notice that they have played JAMES MITCHELLL in every game, wtf.

You know what, that probably is the case, I did expect that being 2nd in the league would override their (in my opinion) nonsensical hate of this player, but obviously not, I suppose it may have been a flexing of muscles by the board but it was still very annoying.. Well, I must concentrate on Accrington now. Thanks for your view.

Reminds me of the first and only time I've been sacked.

I was managing Chelsea, and they went over my head and signed David Villa from Valencia.

He didn't work into my squad so I didn't use him.

I was sacked six months after he signed for not playing him.

I cast my eye of the league below and wonder, how is my lady love, I mean Maidenhead FC getting on, not well, they've lost 6 of the next 8 games, good I think, then I notice that they have played JAMES MITCHELLL in every game, wtf.

Obviously, they want to prove Mitchell's carp, and they've confirmed it by losing 6 of the 8 he's played.

Maybe I've been lucky, but it seems like every time I get canned, I deserved it.

Archived