Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
benfm2010282

Training Schedule

I have a lot of young players in my team, mainly due to my preference for developing rather than buying. My facilities aren't incredible, the training facilities are rated as 'impressive' so I don't think it could be them but a lot of my young players rather than improving stay at the same level. All my coaches are of a good standard and a lot of the players have a fantastic potential, one player has actually got considerably worse! I've got them on individual role training (heavy) for their respective roles I was doing the same level of training and technique on M 14 and it worked brilliantly? Anyone got any tips or advice on how to raise the young players as I'm struggling?

Have you given them much/any game time?

Have a read of Cleon's very recent thread which is at the moment a lot about youth development. Game time is the single most important factor :)

Have you given them much/any game time?

Have a read of Cleon's very recent thread which is at the moment a lot about youth development. Game time is the single most important factor :)

Cheers mate, just had a read of it, will see if I can replicate them. I am given them plenty of game time, might just be the players attitude, in which case they'll be sold at the end of the season!

Look at personality types, also how carefully are you looking at the attribute changes? Dont get sucked into the common mistake of thinking red diagonal arrows mean they are "getting worse" necessarily.

If you truley want to track their development, use regular screenshots for exact comparisons, or a spreadsheet if you are as sad as some of us :D

Thinking it might be the personality types looking at them now, temperamental seems to be the main issue, the more professional players are doing brilliantly, the forwards especially

In that case tutoring is a key tool. If they have poor personality types and you have suitable tutors with much better personality types, make sure you get these players tutored as much as possible. They can improve their professionalism and ambition among other things, which are important for development.

You should also Look at Cleon's Ajax thread, although its a real monster read it is pretty much the blueprint on all things youth development. There is a least one example in there, as i recall of him taking a player who is generally thought to have a poor personality type and little chance of ever reaching potential, and turning him into a world class player. I forget which player, but i think he might have been one of the South African ,or at least non Dutch young Ajax prospects at the start of the game. I think in doing it he partly debunked the myths created by some third party editors which try to "predict" the chance of development : )

Apparently some of them have got too much of a senior role in the team to be tutored, the main player only cost me 3 million and I can at least triple that so not all is lost with him. I'm a small team so desperately need to find gems, develop and sell them on. I'll read that as well, need as much help/advice as I can get at the moment!