Improving Your Own Mental Stats & Taking Coaching Courses

Hello,

First of all, does anyone know how in God's name your own mental stats improve? All stats are below 10, barring Man Management.

Determination - 3

Player Knowledge - 8

Youngster Knowledge - 8

Level of Discipline - 3

Motivating - 6

I'm managing Manchester United, and just entered 2019. I've won the Premier League every season, and on course to win it again. The Champions League has been won twice, the FA Cup twice, as well as the Capital One Cup, World Club Championship and UEFA Super Cup. These achievements massively contradict my mental stats. What do I need to do to improve them?

Also, I have asked the board many times whether I go do a coaching course to enable me to gain my National C Licence. They've accepted the request on a number of occasions, but nothing happens! I'm told it'll take around 4 months to complete the course, but I never get told it's completed, and when I go back to my profile, it gives me the option to request I take the course again!

Anything, lads?

Cheers.

• 2 months later...

Not sure on mental attributes and if they ever improve a i canot remembr them at the begining but with the coach badges restarting i had that same problem and found it was to do with chaning skins somehow have you done that at all?

From my own experience:

"Adaptability" and "Level of Discipline" - Do NOT change

"Youngster/Player Knowledge" - DO change

"Determination", "Man Managment" and "Motivating" - DO change but by only 1 or 2.

From my own experience:

"Determination", "Man Managment" and "Motivating" - DO change but by only 1 or 2.

I've seen similar results. Except I've never seen any changes to determination, and the changes to Man management and motivating has been greater than 1 or 2.

From my own experience:

This is how it is more or less I think.

I don't agree with it though. That's how I think it SHOULD be:

Adaptability: Should improve if you manage well in different countries over the years. Also maybe the more languages you learn the better you can adapt. Lowers if you fail in new countries or stay too long in one.

Level of Discipline: Increases when you fine players regurarly and don't agree with their requests often. Drops when doing the opposite.

Youngster/Player Knowledge: I think this already works fine

Determination: I have no idea how we could impact this one!

Man Managment: Improves when you have a good morale in the locker room for big periods of time, decreases in opposite case

Motivating: Improves when your speeches before/during matches produce good results(both in morale and in performance) decreases when the opposite happens.

This is how it is more or less I think.

I don't agree with it though. That's how I think it SHOULD be:

Adaptability: Should improve if you manage well in different countries over the years. Also maybe the more languages you learn the better you can adapt. Lowers if you fail in new countries or stay too long in one.

Level of Discipline: Increases when you fine players regurarly and don't agree with their requests often. Drops when doing the opposite.

Youngster/Player Knowledge: I think this already works fine

Determination: I have no idea how we could impact this one!

Man Managment: Improves when you have a good morale in the locker room for big periods of time, decreases in opposite case

Motivating: Improves when your speeches before/during matches produce good results(both in morale and in performance) decreases when the opposite happens.

Good suggestions.

Determination could maybe improve by team talks if you demand better performances than your assistant suggests, the opposite applies. For example your assistant suggests to tell the team that they put in a good effort against a team with a higher rep than you after getting spanked 5-0. If you tell them the performance wasn't good enough, you have superseded his comment with a more demanding/determined one.

Or they could just let us allocate points as we see fit.

My working with youngsters has been stuck on 1 since I started and I constantly get praised in game for having a very young squad and I make sure to use own grown talent as well.

It does my head in how it allocates points, if you have develop youth as a philosophy, play a lot of youth and develop them, then this stat should go up.

You used to be able to take control of the U18's as well, but it seems you cannot this iteration.

• 2 weeks later...
IRL my determination has improved as I grew older and more focused. Success makes a person more determined to keep heading in the right direction.

Maybe you yes.. But I'd say its usually the other way around! There is clearly something wrong with the stat increases - or lack of it! The levels of progress ATM make it pointless to start at the bottom, because youll never make it to the top! That would keep determination nice and low though!

Archived