Vamarama South/North

Probably the same. I worked out which is better financially.

I added up the cumulative estimated value of all North and South clubs.

North = 6.330m

South = 6.240m (and debt of 505k)

To put that into perspective, Conference Prem = 18.715m (though theres nearly 9m debt, mainly thx to Bristol Rovers)

The reputation of both leagues in FM terms is identical, as are all rules. The South is currently short one team (not sure if that's in Dorchester's figures above) as Salisbury folded before the season started, so you only have 2 relegation places in season 1, but other than that they are an identical format.

Both are either entirely semi-pro or maybe there is a team or two who aren't, but in essence the only differences in the teams are fairly slight as well, some have slightly better finances/reputation/attendance/players, but they are pretty even divisions.

I have regularly managed Oxford City over a number of recent Football Managers.

Almost without exception, they are moved from the Conference North to the Conference South at the end of the first season. They are pretty much bang in the middle of the country.

I usually find that the Conference South is a little easier in the second season, but there are so many variables that could effect this aside from league quality it's hard to judge.

Archived