Sports Interactive Community

How can I make the transfer fees more realistic?

I am currently in 2017 and my scouts have found 3 players who have 5 star rated potential, one is worth 120k, the second is worth 60k and the 3rd is worth 150k but when I try to buy them the clubs ask for more than 15 million each, I went as far as offering 10 million just for the heck of it my offer got refused, why are teams asking for such a big fee when the players are barely worth anything?

because AI can see potential ability as well, so won't sell young players easily.

I know they can see but it's still a bit too much, I mean they ask the same price for an unknown 15-16 year old as other clubs ask for a well established international player

I've felt this is a problem too. Yes, when there is a world class 15 year old talent at a club like Real Madrid, it makes sense that they aren't happy with anything below a 50 million bid to let go of the "next Ronaldo" or whoever. But when I'm approaching a Ligue 2 or a Romanian side, they should not demand over 5-6 million for a 15 year old!

I know they can see but it's still a bit too much, I mean they ask the same price for an unknown 15-16 year old as other clubs ask for a well established international player

Its their way of telling you to go away.

Target other players or work on the transfer.

I do target others but it just doesn't make sense why an unknown African or Croatian club would ask 15-20+ million for a 15-16 year old player, how often in real life do you see a club paying that much for an unknown but talented player?

I do target others but it just doesn't make sense why an unknown African or Croatian club would ask 15-20+ million for a 15-16 year old player, how often in real life do you see a club paying that much for an unknown but talented player?

They are not asking for £15-£20m they are telling you to sod off.

IRL you don't see it because clubs don't pay it, they take the hint and go away, why aren't you?

I just asked why a small unknown african club wants 15 million for a player who is 15 and unknown when in real life it's not like that, look at the two Nigerian players Man City recently bought, didn't even cost 1 million and they are counted as 2 of the most talented young players in Nigeria, or Alen Halilovic, didn't cost much either and he's one of the most talented young players in the world, now if you can't do anything but give snarky comments back then you can 'sod off' whatever the hell that is.

Not once have I said that I must have this players or that I don't look at other players, I just said my scouts found 3 talented players who are barely worth anything but their clubs won't accept any offers below 15 million and I wondered why, think really hard and you will realize it's not such a hard question after all :)

They will accept offers below £15m but you need to make some effort and wait for a good time to make an approach.

At the moment the £15m is basically them saying "Not for sale", the intention isn't for a user to bid that amount.

In the OP you said you offered £10m, this wasn't realistic. When the club rejected a more realistic bid the correct thing to do was bide your time and work on getting the player for a realistic price. The £10m bid being rejected is a case of unrealistic input = unrealistic output.

The problem, and I've banged this drum a lot, is that most clubs are only in business because they sell players. Financial stability of football is dramatically overrated in the game.

You have to consider the long-term with those players - if you really want to nail down a 5-star talent, do you pay the fee, wait several years to develop the player and reap the inevitable benefits, or spend the money on 1-2 already-proven players who can help the club immediately? I paid $18 million for a 16-year-old who was valued at $78,000, and now at 23 he's valued at $69 million and probably one of the greatest regens Scotland has produced. I'd never sell him, he can pretty much name his salary at negotiation time, and I'd spend that money again in a heartbeat. But I was in a situation with an established team with no glaring holes to fill, so I spent some leftover transfer budget on him, and now right winger is set for another 10+ years.

The problem, and I've banged this drum a lot, is that most clubs are only in business because they sell players. Financial stability of football is dramatically overrated in the game.

Completely agree with you. Haven't played Serie A on this FM yet, so many financially overrated clubs, it just doesn't feel realistic. Turkey, instead, is one of the few countries where the researchers knew what the financial situation was when doing their jobs.

I completely agree with post #5.

I get that they wanted to make it more difficult to buy the best young players in the game, but they went a bit overboard.

When im playing as a big club, offering alot of money (30-40 millions euros for young players 18-22) to a midtable teams, they counter with ridiculous demands (70-90 millions euros).

What im dealing with is:

I just won the CL plus Ligue 1 with Lyon, trying to buy a wonderkid from Stuttgart. He is worth around 5 million btw.

They finished 13th last season, the seasons before between 7-9th.

His contract is expiring next season, he has already rejected a contract offer from them twice.

But they still want more than 70m for him, instead of asking for a more reasonable price maybe with a % for a next sale in it.

I was curious how much they wanted for the player, and they even rejected my 50 million non-negotiable offer.

I dont think their in a position to reject such offers.

Another thing thats happening is this:

Another domestic team (Monaco, big rep but they finished 6th last season) is showing interest in one of my players and he wants a chat.

When i handle this correctly everything is ok.

If not, other players come to me, saying they dont agree with me blocking a ''dream move'' for this player.

Again if i handle this correctly its ok.

But it feels a bit strange that players complain i dont let another player go to one of our rivals.

I've never understood how a club at the same level or below can demand 10x player value (or more) if you want one of their players, but those same clubs will come in with a transfer bid on one of my 1st-team players (still with 2-3 years left on contract) of less than value, and if I counter with even 125% of value, they run away screaming....and then the player gets upset because I didn't let him talk to the other club.

Completely agree with you. Haven't played Serie A on this FM yet, so many financially overrated clubs, it just doesn't feel realistic. Turkey, instead, is one of the few countries where the researchers knew what the financial situation was when doing their jobs.

A lot of it isn't even a research problem. I'm sure there's no way SI can build a feature into the game where some clubs just cease to exist. So every Romanian second division side that depends wholly on fiduciary misconduct and the sale of players to other clubs has a level of permanence built in that simply doesn't exist in the real world. It's essentially the same problem that leads to SI not modelling things like Joaquin Bilbao, former president of Xerxes, getting into a shootout in a brothel, or Glen Johnson being arrested for stealing a toilet seat.