3rd Season with Arsenal, all goes well then all goes to hell!

Hello

I've posted here twice about my team Arsenal and some people helped me and i followed the advices the thing is that all goes well and then all of a sudden i start losing badly, like in 10 games winning 2.

Season 1 i had Wellbeck scoring every match, he had 26 goals in the league, all of sudden he stops and i start losing i end up in 5th

Season 2 i have Depay scoring like a maniac he finished with 29 goals (an IF!!!!!) all of sudden he stops and i end up in 4th (i was 3 points from liverpool all of the league until like mid\late season when i start losing)

SO i start Season 4 now and like always i'm winning all my games (just tied 3-3 with Fulham and i still don't understand why) i qualled for CL beating inter 5-1 on agg. But my team sometimes just plays badly.

This is my team:

Lewandosky\Fierro (CF S)

Depay\Hakam (IF A ) Mata\Sanchez (SS A ) Gotze (AP A) ----> the right side can be occupied by Mata in AP form or i change it to W A and i have oxlade\wallcott

Ramsey\Strootman (BWM D) Javi Martinez\Verratti (CM S)

Alaba (FB A) Koscielny (CD D) Doria (CD X) Danilo (FB S)

TI: Work Ball into the Box

Standard - Very Fluid

Depending on the opposing team or result i can go Attacking or change the TI

Can't offer too much insight but all i can say is that I'm all too familiar with the form spikes you're mentioning and It's probably more down to team management and morale than just tactics. Also, since you're using a very fluid philosophy, you could dumb it down a bit with the player roles, since they aren't likely to follow your guidelines very closely anyway. I'd also experiment with an offside trap + higher line since you probably leave a bit of space between your midfield and defense.

The tactic looks unbalanced to me.

• Again, 3 attack duties in the AM strata is super attacking. It leaves you no cover down the flanks at all (attack duty players in the AM strata might as well be considered as "forwards).
  • No "Holding player in the middle - The BWM is going to close down heavily and go upfield to do so, and the CM is on support so will move forward a decent amount
  • Reasonably conservative roles for the fullbacks increases the already large gap between them and the wide men ahead of them
  • Stopped/Defend combination in the middle of defence is unusual, and will leave you exposed. The stop will charge out, and the Defend duty wont go deep so that leaves a big space.

Overall, i suspect some of the tactical issues are being somewhat masked by the fact that you have an absolutely world class starting 11 and squad.

What are you seeing in games? how are you conceding? Why are you not scoring? Lots of long shots?

The tactic looks unbalanced to me.

• Again, 3 attack duties in the AM strata is super attacking. It leaves you no cover down the flanks at all (attack duty players in the AM strata might as well be considered as "forwards).
  • No "Holding player in the middle - The BWM is going to close down heavily and go upfield to do so, and the CM is on support so will move forward a decent amount
  • Reasonably conservative roles for the fullbacks increases the already large gap between them and the wide men ahead of them
  • Stopped/Defend combination in the middle of defence is unusual, and will leave you exposed. The stop will charge out, and the Defend duty wont go deep so that leaves a big space.

Overall, i suspect some of the tactical issues are being somewhat masked by the fact that you have an absolutely world class starting 11 and squad.

What are you seeing in games? how are you conceding? Why are you not scoring? Lots of long shots?

Im conceding probably because of the Stopper \ Defender, sometimes i see a huge gap in the defense. I'm conceding from corners, i concede sometimes from long range, and from counter attack.

My team fails ALOT in front of the goalkepper (1on1), depay (IF) cuts and shoots wide and well the opposing keeper keeps on defending ALOT ;) not that many long shots, only depay really.

I tried with a DLP D + CM S didn't have much better results, and i wanted my playmaker on the wing since i bought Mata this season and i wanted to use Gotze (and the W from Walcott\Oxalade\Sanchez really wasnt working they werent doing anything) Mata is playing like a maniac ;) and scoring!

So what do you advise? IF S + SS A + AP S with CM D and CM S ? + D D and D D ? shall i make my FB A ?

thx man i just want more stability in the team

Well, i am a great believer in wide men playing in the midfield slots, since thats where their defensive position should be, and i have had great success with this, but i realise not everyone is of that thought :)

If you are conceding a lot due to the Stopper/defender, then change it! :p Go defend/defend since there is no reason not to.

There are quite a few ways to make that midfield more solid:

• Go to a pair of DLP in the middle to give you solidarity - DLP(d) for Javi Martinez / Stroodman and DLP(s) For Ramsey/Veratti. This will keep things stable in the middle, allow you far more defensive cover, but still a link to the 3 attacking players (since a DLP(s) will move forwards a little, especially in the MC slot)
  • Another option is to sacrafice the SS and make it a 41221. The reason i would do this, is that Goetze as a CM(a) would be deadly from deeper (where he has played a lot in real for Pep). I would have a DM with either DM(d) or DLP(d) (the later Would suit Javi a lot), Then a support role (perhaps just CM(s)) for Ramsey/Verratti and CM(a) for Goetze. Can keep your AP out wide and your IF.
  • For more difficult opponents, i would consider dragging the wide men back to be WM(a) and WP(a) for Mata and Depay. They will over the correct amount of defensive cover but still get forward plenty. This might also help against "parked bus" type teams as more runners from deep.
  • With the fullbacks, i would go to at least WB(a) on both sides if you choose either of the first 2 options above. Possibly even CWB(a). You can afford fullbacks bombing on and they will create space in their own right.

Those are just some quite generic ideas - It is your game and you will know best what is happening on the pitch - THink about what you are seeing and if any of the above (or a mix of them) might help you improve what you are seeing then give it a try and watch carefully.

The other thing, of course, is to add some TI and PI to your tactic, but i am not sure you have the core "shape" right yet to do that :)

Good luck :)

Well, i am a great believer in wide men playing in the midfield slots, since thats where their defensive position should be, and i have had great success with this, but i realise not everyone is of that thought :)

If you are conceding a lot due to the Stopper/defender, then change it! :p Go defend/defend since there is no reason not to.

There are quite a few ways to make that midfield more solid:

• Go to a pair of DLP in the middle to give you solidarity - DLP(d) for Javi Martinez / Stroodman and DLP(s) For Ramsey/Veratti. This will keep things stable in the middle, allow you far more defensive cover, but still a link to the 3 attacking players (since a DLP(s) will move forwards a little, especially in the MC slot)
  • Another option is to sacrafice the SS and make it a 41221. The reason i would do this, is that Goetze as a CM(a) would be deadly from deeper (where he has played a lot in real for Pep). I would have a DM with either DM(d) or DLP(d) (the later Would suit Javi a lot), Then a support role (perhaps just CM(s)) for Ramsey/Verratti and CM(a) for Goetze. Can keep your AP out wide and your IF.
  • For more difficult opponents, i would consider dragging the wide men back to be WM(a) and WP(a) for Mata and Depay. They will over the correct amount of defensive cover but still get forward plenty. This might also help against "parked bus" type teams as more runners from deep.
  • With the fullbacks, i would go to at least WB(a) on both sides if you choose either of the first 2 options above. Possibly even CWB(a). You can afford fullbacks bombing on and they will create space in their own right.

Those are just some quite generic ideas - It is your game and you will know best what is happening on the pitch - THink about what you are seeing and if any of the above (or a mix of them) might help you improve what you are seeing then give it a try and watch carefully.

The other thing, of course, is to add some TI and PI to your tactic, but i am not sure you have the core "shape" right yet to do that :)

Good luck :)

thx for the insight ;)

I will go with the 2x DLP and maintain my IF \ SS \ AP all in Attack with the CF on Support, remove the X for D and add WB A to both the DL and DR

About the TI the only thing i could add is Push higher up and Offside trap

The others i only like to add during the game after seeing the team play.

I would go for a 2nd tactic 41221 adding the roles like you said ;)

oince again thx

Hello

I've posted here twice about my team Arsenal and some people helped me and i followed the advices the thing is that all goes well and then all of a sudden i start losing badly, like in 10 games winning 2.

Season 1 i had Wellbeck scoring every match, he had 26 goals in the league, all of sudden he stops and i start losing i end up in 5th

Season 2 i have Depay scoring like a maniac he finished with 29 goals (an IF!!!!!) all of sudden he stops and i end up in 4th (i was 3 points from liverpool all of the league until like mid\late season when i start losing)

SO i start Season 4 now and like always i'm winning all my games (just tied 3-3 with Fulham and i still don't understand why) i qualled for CL beating inter 5-1 on agg. But my team sometimes just plays badly.

This is my team:

Lewandosky\Fierro (CF S)

Depay\Hakam (IF A ) Mata\Sanchez (SS A ) Gotze (AP A) ----> the right side can be occupied by Mata in AP form or i change it to W A and i have oxlade\wallcott

Ramsey\Strootman (BWM D) Javi Martinez\Verratti (CM S)

Alaba (FB A) Koscielny (CD D) Doria (CD X) Danilo (FB S)

TI: Work Ball into the Box

Standard - Very Fluid

Depending on the opposing team or result i can go Attacking or change the TI

Have a look at my 433 SchemeServe (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/403567-4-3-3-SchemeServe-(FM15)) it should suit Arsenal's style of play incredibly well.

I'm sorry but your tactic doesnt look balanced at all. No movement, no one attacking the box, no one on a real attacking duty. Why is it working?

Doesn't look balanced when you use it or just to look at?

It plays in a fashion that retains possession patiently, then the F9 drops back into midfield causing the defence to push up, enabling the on rushing IF's to run into space (playing like the Raumdeuter role SHOULD, but doesn't). It's definitely attacking and needs solid CB's with pace and anticipation and it's certainly high energy with a relentless pressing requiring high stamina, determination and work rate.

Archived