Sports Interactive Community
Drakestone

[FM15][SKIN]Vexillium XXCXV

INTRODUCING VEXILLIUM XXCXV - THE ALL-IN-ONE SKIN FOR FM2015

Derived from the word 'vexillum' which means banner in Latin, this dark skin will suit any player. This skin supports both the in-game editor and instant results button as well as user backgrounds. This is the first major release so I expect to see a few bugs somewhere along the line (although I have stress-tested this as much as possible to minimise this possibility)

SCREENSHOTS:

2015-01-12_00010_zps9c908a63.jpg

2015-01-12_00021_zpsff9febfc.jpg

2015-01-12_00009_zps08ba7098.jpg

2015-01-12_00011_zps02f95ea6.jpg

2015-01-12_00016_zps27115904.jpg

2015-01-12_00020_zpscc2e6a85.jpg

2015-01-12_00018_zps6c5c7497.jpg

INSTALLATION:

Extract the Vexillium folder to:

C:/Users/<yourusername>/My Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2015/skins

If this folder does not exist, create it.

CHANGELOG:

13/01/15 - Initial Release - v1.0

19/01/15 - Updated to v1.1

1. Rearranged the overall layout so the Navigation, continue and preferences button are back in the titlebar, still need to place continue button in header rather than titlebar so that it resizes correctly.

2. Made the above mentioned buttons change colour dependant on team secondary colour.

3. Changed most fonts to Trebuchet for compatibility with foreign languages.

4. Altered the match titlebar slightly.

5. Changed score/time font in match titlebar score to match the match titlebar fonts.

6. Corrected stretching issues with club details panel in club overview.

7. Other misc changes.

20/01/15 - Updated to v1.11:

1. Player picture removed from player details panel in favour of a larger shirt back, Premiership style font used for the names.

2. Moved player picture to display in the sidebar on player screens.

26/01/15 - Updated to v1.2:

1. Autograph panel added to player details panel.

2. Instant result button reincluded.

3. Default style key employees panel added to player overview panel.

4. New dialog boxes (Standard and Match).

5. Continue button enlarged to stop truncation of text.

6. Removal of staff picture in non player overview panel.

7. Fixed Last Starting XI in club overview panel.

8. Few other misc changes

01/02/15 - updated to v1.21

1. Fixed crash dumps on player overview screens.

2. Changed the layout of the player overview slightly so it adapts better at smaller resolutions.

CREDITS:

wannachupbrew for the player details panels.

dave byrd for the base skin, Dynamic, that I worked from.

Flut for his work on the club overview panels (I have modified them slightly)

Anyone else I've missed.

PLEASE NOTE:

This skin is best played at a zoom level of 75%, especially when played at low resolution.

DOWNLOAD

It is indeed stockportguy, includes a background and opacity selector and uses stadium/club/player backgrounds by default if installed

It is indeed stockportguy, includes a background and opacity selector and uses stadium/club/player backgrounds by default if installed

Daft question - I have a backgorund selector in my skin, can the backgrounds be set so it use the stadium backgrounds on certain pages instead of the selected one? or is it either stadium pics or selected?

It already does that by default wkdsoul, itll use stadium pics on pages that have them and a default background for pages that don't. To change the default background you have to overwrite the default.png file in the graphics/backgrounds folder.

It already does that by default wkdsoul, itll use stadium pics on pages that have them and a default background for pages that don't. To change the default background you have to overwrite the default.png file in the graphics/backgrounds folder.

Damn, mine doesnt do that, i prob have a folder in the wrong place, cheers Drake i'll look into it.

love the new skin btw :)

does the default pic in skins/myskin/graphics/background and the selector pics not overwrite by default the stadium backgorunds..

my skin always shows the default "skins/myskin/graphics/background" pic...

No they don't, but you have to have the stadium pic backgrounds selected in the background selector (its the one on far left)

Hello,

Great skin, one complaint from me however is scrolling bar is appearing for me on the left menu at 95%.. 75% ensures its ok but everything is so small!

ifpA7pZ.png

Perhaps if the header was smaller it wouldnt take so much room? :)

I will create a version with a smaller header for higher zoom levels. The skin was created using a resolution of 1440x900 and a zoom of 75%.

Will this work in "Windowed mode" Drakestone? Lovely looking skin,nice and neat not cluttered all over the place panelwise.

I will create a version with a smaller header for higher zoom levels. The skin was created using a resolution of 1440x900 and a zoom of 75%.

Awesome, sorry should have used a better word than complaint... more of an observation lol :) good stuff!

Yes steff it will, I play in windowed mode exclusively.

Its recommended that you play at 75% zoom at smaller resolutions though or 6oull get a scrolling sidebar like Gunner has.

Yes steff it will, I play in windowed mode exclusively.

Its recommended that you play at 75% zoom at smaller resolutions though or 6oull get a scrolling sidebar like Gunner has.

Ok cheers mate il check it out.

pretty hard to read at 75% nice skin though Drakestone.Might try persevere with this at 95% really like this skin.

I don't think making the header smaller will make a massive difference to the scrolling at really low resolutions at high zoom, I'll have a play with making the sidebar table row heights smaller as that might help more. Moving the FM button back into the header might help too.

Do you have a screenshot steff so I can see how much of the sidebar scrolls for you?

I don't think making the header smaller will make a massive difference to the scrolling at really low resolutions at high zoom, I'll have a play with making the sidebar table row heights smaller as that might help more. Moving the FM button back into the header might help too.

Do you have a screenshot steff so I can see how much of the sidebar scrolls for you?

Jamie Ness picture is at 95% Martin Canning is at 75%

wyR5bdK.png

cJfW3NV.png

Cheers steff should help me decide how much height I need to lose to get it to fit at 95% zoom. Will try and get a small update out tomorrow afternoon

also i notice same on flut skin but a team that has 3 kits showing there small but when u look at a team with only 2 kits the kits are bigger

Anymore bugs or anomalies anyone has noticed?
I noticed that on the last starting XI panel when I looked at Arsenal, it gave Everton's line up (who they played last) instead of Arsenal's. Great skin though mate, really like it a lot :)

@willz: What zoom level are you playing at? I think its because Flut designed the panels to work at his default resolution but it doesn't stretch well to others (especially small res) Ill take at look at how the panel stretches and amend it to work better at small resolutions.

@FCUtdWill: Yep I've noticed that too, i think its a residual bug from Dynamic or the Flut panels, will check the coding for it on the default skin and amend for the update tomorrow. I think that's the only actual 'bug' there is at the moment which isn't bad going for a skin at first release.

my zoom level is 100% my res is 1920 x 1080

i changed the zoom down too 75% everything was ok but text is just to small. i changed it to 95% now that was ok but the key staff i didnt have any images (players heads)

Going to be playing FM for a fair bit today Drake,will report back with anything untoward that i see.

what about adding Media description to the player info panel you find on the thread what too do

you can jsut add it into yours, its really simple.

played a game,and this seems to be triggering some sort of issue with the adboards.Anyone any idea?

6pioOW8.jpg

Havent had that issue myself or had it reported elsewhere steff, try switching to another skin during the match and see if they reappear

Ive fixed the sidebar so it doesn't scroll at 100% zoom and lower. I can't cater for anyone that plays the game at 125% or above however. I've also fixed the club details panel so that doesnt scroll either. Trying to fix the key staff panel so it appears correctly at different zooms/resolutions but had no joy yet. If it bothers anyone, you can go back to using the de%ault club overview by deleting club overview panel.xml from the panels folder. Only problem with fixing the sidebar is that there are now no icons, just text. Need to go through all the sidebar icons and reduce the size of all of them to fit. Will get an update up no later than Sunday evening.

Is an amazing skin. I forced myself to play in 75% just to enjoy this skin completly. I would reccomend to make the gray text a bit lighter, maybe white, because sometimes is kinda hard to read to be honest.

can i increase the size of the nation flag in the key employess section? or more to the point how?

15wkx04.jpg

Havent had that issue myself or had it reported elsewhere steff, try switching to another skin during the match and see if they reappear

Still the same a dunno whats goin must be some sort of problem with the actual pack itself.

@steff: Must be the pack then, very odd, try deleting all the packs files and reinstalling.

@nwo: Wont have long to wait, new update today around 4pm when I get out of work. I've moved the back/next, continue and FM buttons back into the header. The sidebar shouldnt scroll at zooms below 100% now. All of these butto/s also change colour dependant on team colours. Ive also changed all the grey fonts to white. Updated the club details panel so it doesn't scroll at high zooms up to 100%. The key employees panel doesnt stretch at some resolutions/zooms so i might supply an alternative panel for people whom it doesnt work for.

@wkdsoul: open your club overview panel and in the panel that controls the key employees it should link you to a file that controls those image sizes. I know I'm not being very precise but I'm away from my actual computer right now.

Screenshots of upcoming v1.1:

Home screen @ 95% zoom:

2Ez7M21.jpg

Squad screen @ 95% zoom:

66aqhME.jpg

Club overview @ 95% zoom:

wmQqvpc.jpg

Player overview @ 75% zoom:

aLJwWmp.jpg

Cheers, Drake had a look in that, links to bergkamp staff panel, the nation seems to pull from nation_button but cant see the control size :(