Bayern has won the Bundesliga 47 years in a row

I took over Bayern 25 years into the save after they fired their coach for finishing 5th. I put them in 1st to qualify for Champions, won the league for the next 4 years, and got bored and took another job. Once they built their new 90K seat stadium, I couldn't spend their money fast enough. Just because they give you a $200 million transfer budget and a $4.5million/week salary budget doesn't mean you should use all of it.

Well... I'm not surprised it's broken.

If the player is responsible for 50% of their league titles, it's not broken.

German league is fully supported in FM, there are German research teams, supported by a quite active German community and there's an official thread for German data issues in this forum.

What is not officially supported are club names and competition names. And official game sales within Germany.

None of this influences the database.

Well... I'm not surprised it's broken.

Might not be. As mentioned in the thread, if the likelihood of them winning the league in the first season is around 80% based on reputation, and as a non-loaded league this doesn't change, then it's perfectly reasonable that somebody would end up with something like this. If around 100,000 have played, and it's in excess of 80% chance, then you'd expect around ~3 or more (depending on how likely it's set as) to have experienced this. Could just be a statistical anomaly.

If the player is responsible for 50% of their league titles, it's not broken.

German league is fully supported in FM, there are German research teams, supported by a quite active German community and there's an official thread for German data issues in this forum.

What is not officially supported are club names and competition names. And official game sales within Germany.

None of this influences the database.

Really - then why do any German regens in my game who are world class, win the world footballer of the year and never make the german national team?

Happened in Fm12, 13, 14 and now 15.

I brought up in the Bugs Forum before and was told because the German leagues/players are not done correctly due to various reason.

It's nothing to do with whether Germany is playable or not. In my FM14 save, Bayern won something like 30 in a row before they eventually weakened and Stuttgart pegged them back. They're comfortably the best team in the country, and given how the rich can mount up money - coupled with the fact that Germany isn't loaded in the OP's save - it's conceivable that Bayern would win every single title. It won't happen all the time - in fact, if the OP started another save and got to the same point, Bayern probably wouldn't have the same level of dominance.

Really - then why do any German regens in my game who are world class, win the world footballer of the year and never make the german national team?

I brought up in the Bugs Forum before and was told because the German leagues/players are not done correctly due to various reason.

Very easy answer:

Because the German national team does not exist in FM - also due to legal reasons. If you had paid close attention, you might have realized that in fact no German player at all makes it to the German national team. The national team is filled with "grey" virtual players. If you change this via replacing the relevant file, which cannot be mentioned here on the forums, then of course world class regens make it to the national team.

Again: All of this is cosmetics.

It does not change anything on the gameplay of the German league.

It's nothing to do with whether Germany is playable or not. In my FM14 save, Bayern won something like 30 in a row before they eventually weakened and Stuttgart pegged them back. They're comfortably the best team in the country, and given how the rich can mount up money - coupled with the fact that Germany isn't loaded in the OP's save - it's conceivable that Bayern would win every single title. It won't happen all the time - in fact, if the OP started another save and got to the same point, Bayern probably wouldn't have the same level of dominance.

Then the game is broken.

It's weird in my game though as Bayern haven't won the league since 2014 (which is the one from real life I think) it's 2017 now and Leverkusen have won twice and Stuttgart won the most recent with bayern coming second all 3 years

The German national team is fake in game for licencing reasons. Nobody can be called up for it. It's not a bug, it's working entirely as intended.

You just compared 47 years to 5 years. :applause:

No he just proved it doesn't happen in every game but way to miss the point :rolleyes:

It will make a difference if the league is playable or not due to the way results are calculated and the OP's example would be much more likely if the league was a non-playable one.

As for the other point The German National Team isn't licenced as has been said abvoe and therefore unless you use the workaround real & newgen players will not be called up.

You just compared 47 years to 5 years. :applause:

I just proved they can be beaten to the title.

Any team could win the title 47 years in a row in any game so don't just make out its only Bayern.

If you was in year 2200, Stevenage could have worked their way to the top in PL and constant flow of ridiculous amounts of money breeds success

In short term it wouldn't surprise me if PSG could do this (easily)

People above were saying the Bundesliga is broken, obviously not

Here's Germany in my game.

aRkwYs.jpg

and Leverkusen have just won a third title in a row.

I guess it can make a big difference if the league is playable or not, even when it is you can still get teams that dominate, Linfield in Northern Ireland and Red Bull Salzburg in Austria are two examples in my game.

Just checked the Bundesliga on my save where I've just added it as playable in 2033. Bayern have won every title since the start of the game while it was unplayable.

Given it doesn't simulate properly when it isn't loaded, won't it be pretty loaded by reputation with not much movement? In that case, it's easy to see why Bayern would always win. Ohne Bayern indeed.

All this discussion when the answer is literally staring everyone in the face. Look at the top panel underneath the name; it only says overview, news and history. This means that the league is not active and is not being simulated. When this happens I am pretty sure that the league winner is picked based upon reputation and I imagine Bayern have by far the largest reputation of any German team.

So if anything is broken with this it will be how winners are chosen when a league is inactive.

All this discussion when the answer is literally staring everyone in the face. Look at the top panel underneath the name; it only says overview, news and history. This means that the league is not active and is not being simulated. When this happens I am pretty sure that the league winner is picked based upon reputation and I imagine Bayern have by far the largest reputation of any German team.

So if anything is broken with this it will be how winners are chosen when a league is inactive.

Sort of but not quite.

As I understand it each match is played but instead of being played in full each match is randomised with reputation playing a large part of the result/score, goals are then spread out as a weighted random.

Over the course of a season a high rep team will lose/draw some matches due to random but in general the higher rep teams will end up towards the top over time.

During the first 3 years in my game when the league was inactive Dortmund got a title, maybe they performed better in game to nudge ahead of Bayern, could/would performance in Europe make a difference then even if the league is inactive.

That's not the case in this instance, when the league is not active/view-only there is no simulation of individual results because the fixtures do not exist, league placing is primarily based on the club rep & CA average of the senior squad.

Thanks for the clarification Alex.

I've run all my leagues as playable for the last few years so I'm not sure but are you saying you can't see goalscorers or anything from these matches then? What about the players stats in the history, how do those work? and I take it you can't see a league table or anything either?

I have seen this in a few leagues in the last couple of iterations of the game, namely England (Man City) and Spain (Atletico Madrid). If you make a league inactive after a few seasons, does the new reputations come into play, or does it use the initial reputations to start the game? As this is the only reason I can imagine Atletico would beat out Real and Barca year on year (I had it loaded and Atleti became a force, then changed leagues and they remained unbeatable).

Is there a factor thrown in so there is an increasing likelihood an outlier may win the league/cup or qualify for the continental competition as the year goes by, maybe reset once they do, rather than the same names regularly qualify?

Is there a factor thrown in so there is an increasing likelihood an outlier may win the league/cup or qualify for the continental competition as the year goes by, maybe reset once they do, rather than the same names regularly qualify?

It depends on the loaded league I think. As mentioned above, if the league isn't loaded, it runs based on reputation and their percentile chance of winning. This can lead to runs such as the OP, but there are always a few random ones thrown in. Not sure how this works for the Cups, as they do usually have a bit more of a variance though.

Archived