Man marking ?

:confused: A wing back for the opposing team was running my fullback ragged so i wanted to have my left midfielder man mark him .

I gave up after 10 minutes of hunting through various places trying to find out where the option to set man marking is

Any help would be appreciated , i know where it is in previous version of the game but can i heck find it in this one

Sorry if this post is in the wrong place :confused:

• 4 weeks later...

I understand it has to be in a match and I followed the instructions as above, but when I go to Player instructions, in the bottom left are the various choices from defending free kicks, corners etc. and there is an option for Man marking, but nowhere can I find how I assign my to player to man mark a specific, named opponent. I'm sure I must be doing something wrong, but for the life of me I can't see what it is. Any help would be appreciated as I'll be facing Barcelona soon!!!

Ok, so you're in a match. Open up the player instruction screen for your player who you want to issue the instruction to. Now in the bottom right corner, I believe it's the very bottom item in the right hand column, is the "mark specific player" instruction, or something along those lines (I haven't played FM in a couple of months so I might have got that name wrong) and when you click on it you'll see a drop down menu of all of your opponents players.

Just a word of warning though. It effectively marks the position rather than the player, so by that I mean if your opponent had Messi at AML and you had a player set to mark him, if they then moved Messi to AMR your player would continue to mark whoever was now in the AML slot. Also, if they change their formation then your player will now mark whichever position the AML was moved to. So for example if my opponent is playing 3 at the back and using wingbacks I'll get my wingers to man mark the wingbacks, but if my opponent then rearranges to use 4 at the back my wingers will now be marking something like a DC and an ML because the two wingbacks positions have been moved to other positions.

So with specific marking you need to pay very close attention to any changes in formation or personnel by your opponents.

Thanks for your help but I've had no luck. I'm in game, I click on the player, the box opens, top right is specific instructions. I open that up and bottom left is set piece instructions, but there is nothing else. I'm confused!

Just a word of warning though. It effectively marks the position rather than the player, so by that I mean if your opponent had Messi at AML and you had a player set to mark him, if they then moved Messi to AMR your player would continue to mark whoever was now in the AML slot. Also, if they change their formation then your player will now mark whichever position the AML was moved to. So for example if my opponent is playing 3 at the back and using wingbacks I'll get my wingers to man mark the wingbacks, but if my opponent then rearranges to use 4 at the back my wingers will now be marking something like a DC and an ML because the two wingbacks positions have been moved to other positions.

So with specific marking you need to pay very close attention to any changes in formation or personnel by your opponents.

No it doesn't unless there is another option somewhere.

Its actually been the cause of some users issues over the years. If you set your DC to man mark a specific ST and that player then switched and started playing on the wing or in midfield your player would actually ignore his position and go to man mark that player in a different part of the field. It was also noticable during attacking corners where you left a smaller midfielder or fullback back, when the opposition cleared the ball your player would ignore the ball and run up the field to mark a specific man.

Right here my friend. On the match preview screen, click on tactics. THen click player. Once on that screen click on your left mid on the pitch on the left. Then click on edit and you will come to this screen.....

Playermarking_zpsc567b3f7.jpg

Thanks, but guess what, I don't have that option in my game. I have nothing under mark tighter at all. No wonder I couldn't find it. Best I go and see if I'm fully updated. Thanks for your help.

Thanks, but guess what, I don't have that option in my game. I have nothing under mark tighter at all. No wonder I couldn't find it. Best I go and see if I'm fully updated. Thanks for your help.

You only get that option in match. Thats either after you have clicked proceed to match or during a game.

Archived