a player wants to discuss personal matters is utter dog poop

99% of the "personal chats" i have end in the same bizzare exchange, I am currently sitting at top of the table with stoke in the second season, doing amazing, 6 points clear, great team work and everything going well, and a player comes to me saying he wants to leave to play better calibre of football, (wants me to accept a big from newcastle who are currently 18th, I tell him to stick around and if we dont get qualify for champs league I will let him go and his reaction is "my team mates wont like to hear about this" the little bitch is can rot in the under 21s now, even if he is the BPL top scorer and blasting them, he can get stuffed...

but my main point of this post is this happens nearly every single time during these 1 to 1s with players, the whole exchange his crap and just totally unrealistic and the responses are just bizzare...

I agree that these features need some tuning, but the way I usually fix these things is setting the player price to an unrealistically high number, and then promising him I'll let him go if the bid comes. of course no bid comes, and when the transfer window is closed he's happy again.

99% of the "personal chats" i have end in the same bizzare exchange, I am currently sitting at top of the table with stoke in the second season, doing amazing, 6 points clear, great team work and everything going well, and a player comes to me saying he wants to leave to play better calibre of football, (wants me to accept a big from newcastle who are currently 18th, I tell him to stick around and if we dont get qualify for champs league I will let him go and his reaction is "my team mates wont like to hear about this" the little bitch is can rot in the under 21s now, even if he is the BPL top scorer and blasting them, he can get stuffed...

but my main point of this post is this happens nearly every single time during these 1 to 1s with players, the whole exchange his crap and just totally unrealistic and the responses are just bizzare...

As always, if you believe this is a bug, report it in the bugs forum under "team talk/interactions" section, and upload a save game for SI to look at. There are definitely some tunings that need to be done with this module of the game, and the more examples SI have to look at, the easier it is to spot and correct.

It's a big. To get around it, always choose the option saying the player won't get as much first team action if he moves away from your club. It's almost a guarantee for you to keep young players if you choose this option. I have not tried this for older players. I tried this once on an older player and it did not turn out well.

I also has dis problem funny ting is they think that they'll have much more chance of win titles and qualify for Europe with a team like palace, it then upsets other players if you upset the player who wants to leave then morale gets low really annoying.

Another annoying thing is that AI manager's can unsettle players easier than we can. All they have to do is add a player to the shortlist and then the player wants to discuss terms. On the other hand, I've seen no effects from me adding a player to my shortlist. Has anyone else noticed this?

Another annoying thing is that AI manager's can unsettle players easier than we can. All they have to do is add a player to the shortlist and then the player wants to discuss terms. On the other hand, I've seen no effects from me adding a player to my shortlist. Has anyone else noticed this?

I was interested in a player who was 1.1 million euro worth. First I just sent an inquiry, which got flat out rejected. Then I added the player to my shortlist, and declared interest. Player reacted well. Then I made a bid that was around 200k only, just to experiment.His club came back negotiating, asking for around 600k. We agreed on 475k at the end.

So, it is perfectly possible.

Edit: Forgot to say that the player got unhappy with his club somewhere in the middle of these discussions.

I was interested in a player who was 1.1 million euro worth. First I just sent an inquiry, which got flat out rejected. Then I added the player to my shortlist, and declared interest. Player reacted well. Then I made a bid that was around 200k only, just to experiment.His club came back negotiating, asking for around 600k. We agreed on 475k at the end.

So, it is perfectly possible.

Edit: Forgot to say that the player got unhappy with his club somewhere in the middle of these discussions.

This isn't what I said. You just stated the difference. I'm talking about AI managers unsettling players before they even make a bid or enquiry.

• Administrators

If you think there's a bug with any of the conversations/chats please raise them, ideally with a save game just before the conversation takes place, on our interaction bugs forum here - http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/451-Interaction-Conversations-Team-Meetings

Thanks.

I honestly think they need to change their system, the whole 'upload a save' method isn't that good imo. >_>

Neither is it particularly onerous on the user if they are as bothered by issues as they seem to be. The time spent writing a four paragraph moan post could have seen several save games uploaded.

Neither is it particularly onerous on the user if they are as bothered by issues as they seem to be. The time spent writing a four paragraph moan post could have seen several save games uploaded.

Is this requirement, that users upload files in order for a problem to be resolved, common practice in the games business? Or does the complexity of FM make it an exception?

Is this requirement, that users upload files in order for a problem to be resolved, common practice in the games business? Or does the complexity of FM make it an exception?
It isn't a requirement, it's just a request. Examples help SI fix an issue.

Is this requirement, that users upload files in order for a problem to be resolved, common practice in the games business?

See, the difference is that with Football Manager, everyone's game is different. There are millions of permutations a save can have across all users. Where a gamebreaking issue on Halo or COD will be obvious because everyone's gameworld is the same one, it's a totally different story with FM.

If the developers cannot re-create an issue because in their save, the issue simply doesn't happen, then the best way forward is for the user to upload their save, so the devs can see first hand whether something is an issue and how to fix it. SI don't have to adopt this policy, but it works. Most game developers simply don't care enough about their user base post release, so it's actually quite refreshing.

Seems a lot of people are having this issue, it's definitely putting me off from buying that's for sure.
Honestly? Don't buy the game at the current state. This issue can be handled if you are a big club that can guarantee winning trophies, but in a smaller team you could be completely screwed out of 3-5 players per season because of the "feature".

Player interaction is maybe a bit too sensitive, but it is perfectly possible to satisfactorily handle the issues raised-much like dealing with people in real life, its not easy to get it right all the time.
It is immersion-breaking when three players become "keen to discuss personal matters" at literally the same time after "reported interest" (as I had it happen). I just can't imagine that in real life players drink their morning coffee, read a crap goal.com article linking them to some club and then driving to the training ground and demanding to be let go.

Honestly? Don't buy the game at the current state. This issue can be handled if you are a big club that can guarantee winning trophies, but in a smaller team you could be completely screwed out of 3-5 players per season because of the "feature".

Spot on. I doubt anything will be fixed until the last update.

Er, assuming I'm on a 56k modem I think it's quicker for me to just moan than to download a fileshare program and upload a save. >_>

Er, assuming I'm on a 56k modem I think it's quicker for me to just moan than to download a fileshare program and upload a save. >_>
If you're on a 56k modem then you really need to complain to your ISP.

:lol: How long would it take the forum to load on 56K?

I've had an annoying one today, signed a spanish player who covers most midfield positions as a backup, with backup in his contract.

So far this season we have played 9 league and 2 cup games. He has has 2 starts and 3 off the bench in the league, and 2 off the bench in cup.

So 2(5) from a total of 11 games? Surely as a backup thats adequate?

The games he has played

Burnley - Sub - 74th min

Tranmere - Sub - 79th min

Sheff Wed - Start - 25th min sub (red card)

Birmingham - Start - Full game

Leiciester - Sub - 70th min

Notts Forest - Sub - 63rd min

Plymouth - Sub - 53rd min

You don't need to download a program.

You can simply copy the FTP address into the explorer window.

The way it is my phone with 4G is faster than my internet connection - so I got 20gb data on my network and dumped the internet bill. Now I just use my phone for all internet related things in the house using my phone as a wifi hotspot.

agree players wanting to discuss personal matters has become a joke. I had a player come asking to leave for first team football

and the season was still a couple weeks away from starting so how he can come and complain about not playing when its only pre

season is a joke.

How about this one: one of my key Tottenham players wanted to join a bigger club, I said I'd sell him if the bid matched my valuation of him because I know what happens in the game if you refuse. A decent bid was made, I accepted, a few days later the player comes back to me and say he wants me to pay 8K a week for the reminder of his two year contract if he is to join the club.

You just can't win. :p

Just had a player asking to be allowed to move to another club and I asked what he wanted to stay. He said a new contract with a payincrease so I say sure thing. Offers him a new contract where he wage couldn't be negotiated, the pay increase was more than reasonable and he accepts his contract. Less than week after he signs he becomes angry because I hadn't kept my promise and the rest of the squad followed suite and the board called me into a meeting for it. My job is endangered and the whole team is totally pissed off even though I kept the promise and the guy was happy to sign his new contract.

Just had a player asking to be allowed to move to another club and I asked what he wanted to stay. He said a new contract with a payincrease so I say sure thing. Offers him a new contract where he wage couldn't be negotiated, the pay increase was more than reasonable and he accepts his contract. Less than week after he signs he becomes angry because I hadn't kept my promise and the rest of the squad followed suite and the board called me into a meeting for it. My job is endangered and the whole team is totally pissed off even though I kept the promise and the guy was happy to sign his new contract.

If you could report that with a save, probably before the first interaction, that would be great.

Archived