Creating Real Argentinian Cup issue

bacorales

I´m creating the Argentinian cup system like the real one and I´m getting a "wrong number of teams found for stage 2 of copa argentina" error.

I set the cup with 3 stages. I've copied the system as the "English FA Trophy". This English FA Trophy, has 2 stages, one "North" stage and another "South" stage, that means that the teams from south plays all an eliminatory, same as teams from north (separately) and a determined number of teams qualifies to another round, called "combined", that it is a final stage which includes both stages finalists.

In Argentina there´s a similar structure. From one side, there is a stage for the teams from the interior provinces, and another stage from the Buenos Aires metropolitan area teams - All of them are from Third to Fifth Division. After those stages finishes, the finalists qualifies to the final round, that includes the second and first division teams.

Up to here everything is OK, I set the cup, I set the stages and the rounds of each stages.

- The Interior Stage qualifies 6 teams to the final round

- The Metropolitan Stage also qualifies 6 teams to the final round.

- I set all fate actions correctly so 12 teams from both stages qualifies to the final round.

- This 12 teams + First and Second division teams = 64 teams that plays a simple eliminatory to the final.

The problem is that if I choose "number of teams = 64" for the Final Round I get that error. I tested and checked the cup within the editor's competition "Test" and you can see that the first round from the final round draw all teams but they never play, so 2nd round never starts...

I tryied using min/max number of teams (32/64) just to put some number and try if it works, and worked... but...

- The Interior Stage and the Meropolitan Stage starts correctly, and ends with the 6 winner teams from each round.

- If you check the "rules" it says "winners qualifies to the copa argentina final stage" so I think everything is correct with this 2 stages.

- But, when the final round draw teams, only draw 40 teams, from first and second division. No one from the other rounds.

- With First and Second divisions are 52 teams + 12 from the other stages, 64 teams; but the first round only draw 40 TEAMS... I don't know why...

So, If I try the correct way, with 64 teams, the editor gives me the "wrong number of teams found for stage 2 of copa argentina" - and the number of teams is correct 12 from lower divisions 52 from first and second.

And If I use less teams, the cup works but not using the ones that qualifies from the other stages nor 12 from second division...

Here I attach some pics of what I'm trying to explain. Right click on them and use "see image" to enlarge.

1- Stages (it's small but you can see Stage 0 (Metr), Stage 1 (Fral) this one is the interior stage, and Stage 2 (Fnal)

w7le7k.jpg

2- Here is the Fate actions from Metr Stage - everything OK, winners qualify to stage 2

2qu5jbq.jpg

3- Fate Actions from Interior Stage (Fral) - everything OK, winners qualify to stage 2

20j44tt.jpg

4- Here the final stage setups

Number of teams

muzb0y.jpg - 64 teams

Teams

- Here the teams qualified from each stage and from 1st and 2nd division.

34ffkuq.jpg

Requirements are OK also, I set up that stage 0 and stage 1 has to finish to start stage 2

5- TESTS

Interior Stage TEST

1492jhf.jpg

Interior Stage RULES

15qe0ea.jpg

Metro Stage TEST

9u1yrc.jpg

Metro Stage RULES

eaf38y.jpg

FINAL STAGE - First Round (you can see that there are 64 teams, and everything is OK, but Winner team says "ALGERIA")

k39h8i.jpg

After this, there's no second round... and I don´t know why the draws are correct and these matches are never played... I tryied everything and keeps saying that "wrong number of teams...." Could be a bug?

Apart from this, when I use min/max number of teams in the final round the draws are set but with only 40 teams...

Have you tried to start a game wit this?

No beacause I cannot validate the whole league, so It won´t work within the game

What happens, when you untick "Number of Teams" in the final stage and set "min number of teams" to 2 and "max number of teams" to 64?

Yes, I tried that, I set min 32 / max 64 and works but wrong. I explain that in the first post... I did´t try Min = 2 but it could make any difference?

I tryied using min/max number of teams (32/64) just to put some number and try if it works, and worked... but...

- The Interior Stage and the Meropolitan Stage starts correctly, and ends with the 6 winner teams from each round.

- If you check the "rules" it says "winners qualifies to the copa argentina final stage" so I think everything is correct with this 2 stages.

- But, when the final round draw teams, only draw 40 teams, from first and second division. No one from the other rounds.

- With First and Second divisions are 52 teams + 12 from the other stages, 64 teams; but the first round only draw 40 TEAMS... I don't know why...

Yeah but I've seen this on many other Cup-Competitions in the editor. It was just my first idea. Maybe you can send me your file and I'll take a look at it too. 4 eyes see more than 2 eyes ;)

I solved it. The problem was with something about the seedings home and away. I put un "teams" to sort teams by reputation (to all items) and it worked.

Archived