Sports Interactive Community
Thunda

A week to season start and no youth intake

I'm currently playing in Ireland (for the 1st time) and having navigated my first season (well, 3/4s of it given the season had started when I began) and am now less than a week away from the start of the new season (5th Feb) and the transfer window is closed.

And there's been no youth intake. None.

Looking online I've seen dates from the 25th September each year, to January 5th. I know there is a random element to the actual date - but this is just silly.

As said - I'm less than a week from the start of the new season - the transfer window is closed - and I still don't know what my squad is and whether I need to go out a spend decent wages (which I don't have) on unattached backup players for a couple of positions, that I may not actually need and which may well be a waste of money once the kids bother to turn up. I've let players go at the end of their contracts (who would have been backups and who rarely played) because I didn't think the Youth Team Bus was going to get lost.

Anybody played in Ireland who knows roughly when the kids turn up?

If its the 1st season (irish) regens don't turn up until September-Jan 2015

Well, yeah, that's what I've seen - it's now 1st March 2015 and nothing.

Check your youth level too, it may well be that you don't actually get a youth intake. I've had that in previous saves.

Makes sense if dg87 meant Sept 2015 - Jan 2016 ... Certainly looks that way - albeit a bit daft given your not told that (but would the Irish clubs get a youth intake in 2015 if I'd started a game in England?)

As for the Youth Level - am playing as Cork City with their Extensive Youth network - so it's probably not that.