Sports Interactive Community
BJG123

Are player interactions ruining your enjoyment of the game?

Players don't suddenly jump from happy to wanting to leave immediately, I would bet that every one of them wanted to speak to you after you sold Chalobah and either you refused or you said the wrong thing.

As for why they would be unhappy with him being sold, well simply that he's very highly rated in the game and has the potential to easily be good enough for the Chelsea first team after a few seasons. Whether or not he does in reality is irrelevant, that's how he's rated in the game and so selling him is something that players are obviously more likely to react badly to.

Lets put this in some context though;

It's a common enough issue on FM for the following things to happen;

a) Backup players, particularly goalkeepers to whinge about playing time

b) Players to moan about playing time after injuries (yeesh)

c) Players demand to leave over trivial issues

How many times has each of the three categories happened in reality on a regular basis? I for one have NEVER heard of players demanding to leave due to a youth player being moved on, I don't think the United players demanded to leave directly because Paul Pogba and John Obi Mikel decided to **** off. If anything it seems more common place for players at established clubs to baulk at the cheek of demanding to leave or committing career suicide (read: player parting shots and so on).

The first issue in fact seems common place, but doesn't crop up that often. In fact google it and FM is the first search result over real life news.

Players don't suddenly jump from happy to wanting to leave immediately, I would bet that every one of them wanted to speak to you after you sold Chalobah and either you refused or you said the wrong thing.

As for why they would be unhappy with him being sold, well simply that he's very highly rated in the game and has the potential to easily be good enough for the Chelsea first team after a few seasons. Whether or not he does in reality is irrelevant, that's how he's rated in the game and so selling him is something that players are obviously more likely to react badly to.

Players DO suddenly become unhappy and want to leave. I've messed around as Chelsea, sold a couple of very very poor players, squad has been told a very valid reason why they've been let go. Squad all cry about it and ask to leave. I've played this game since 1994, this aspect of the game is broken. I've done nothing wrong, everyone is crying for no reason because I couldn't guess what would make them happy. Lets say I save beforehand, I'm selling someone and it's August 31st. I tell them first team football wasn't on the cards for him so I let him go, they cry. I reload, tell them to shut up, they're somehow happy. I reload again, tell them I'm signing more players, sign multiple players including ones in the sold players position and sell nobody else, they cry on September 1st, request a transfer and when 8pm September 1st comes around and they're not sold questions are being asked, brilliant. Absolutely bizarre. It's broken.

Started a new game recently and yet again I am having Andy Carroll moaning after 3 substitute appearances and not being match fit after being out injured for ages. Tried a different approach and said that he had been out for a long period and take his time to get back into a starting spot. His response was along the lines of "I know when I am fit so if you are not going to play me a transfer seems the only option". He is 64% match fit.

It's ridiculous really and yes it is hampering the enjoyment of playing as I reloaded after that conversation. Almost tempted to play him into the ground so he gets injured again and he can't moan when he is injured!!!

Started a new game recently and yet again I am having Andy Carroll moaning after 3 substitute appearances and not being match fit after being out injured for ages. Tried a different approach and said that he had been out for a long period and take his time to get back into a starting spot. His response was along the lines of "I know when I am fit so if you are not going to play me a transfer seems the only option". He is 64% match fit.

It's ridiculous really and yes it is hampering the enjoyment of playing as I reloaded after that conversation. Almost tempted to play him into the ground so he gets injured again and he can't moan when he is injured!!!

Some people have reported complaints from players when they aren't playing due to being injured or otherwise unavailable. So it might not provide the expected respite.

Some people have reported complaints from players when they aren't playing due to being injured or otherwise unavailable. So it might not provide the expected respite.

Bit of a mess then really. The option to ask Captain to have a word has gone as well although you can do it by going to the Captain and clicking Ambassadorial Duties. I might just click continue in future and see if just ignoring him works!!

Bit of a mess then really. The option to ask Captain to have a word has gone as well although you can do it by going to the Captain and clicking Ambassadorial Duties. I might just click continue in future and see if just ignoring him works!!

my center back got red-carded three times, I gave him two warnings before fining him, and he throws a fit. Says he'd consider talking to a senior member of the squad, but when I go to the captain, no mention of talking to him under Ambassadorial Duties. So I had to call a team meeting, which after getting them all to green and I call an end to the meeting, 2/3rds of the team suddenly get their knickers in a twist. I swear, FM15 is like coaching a squad of 7-year-old girls who just came to the field on a short bus. No orange slices and juice boxes for the lot of you!

This is why they sell the editor. This interaction is intended. Save yourself the frustration and just get it. Takes two clicks to get rid of this nonsense.

This is why they sell the editor. This interaction is intended. Save yourself the frustration and just get it. Takes two clicks to get rid of this nonsense.

Wait, you have to pay for the editor? That's taking the pure pish, surely?

I am liking the new interactions so far, its part of the challenge.

Not sure that something as irrational as the way players complain about playing time, wanting to move to clubs that aren't interested in them or are not at the same level as the club they're at or for selling players who want to leave and/or are uneeded is meant to be part of the challenge, and it seems a lot of people are finding it incredibly frustrating. if there was a coherent internal logic to it I'd agree with it being part of the challenge. However, the patently isn't.

Brilliant....

What is frustrating is the whilst player interaction has always been boring and tiresome it has been just about right in previous versions. Yes you had the odd moaner but I certainly didn't have Andy Carroll moaning about not playing a week after returning from 4 months out with injury!!

I think this is what annoys gamers the most. FM is an ongoing series where I suspect most of us are just hoping for progress on the ME as time goes on, but when something that has never been a major issue suddenly becomes a real irritant within the space of one release you have to ask why. As the old adage goes "if it ain't broke don't fix it"!!

It was far from being just about right in previous versions. But for sure it was fun for gamers who have no interest in experiencing any challenge in roster building. For me, player interactions and doing business with AI clubs in FM15 are certainly a step in the right direction, for the following realistic issues created by the game:

1- You can't keep all your talented players in your team any more when the bigger clubs are interested in them

2- You can't fill your roster with 30 top players and not hear any complaint from the ones who are playing less

3- You can't get all high quality youngsters cheap any more. AI is now more aware of their value for the future, and it is more difficult to find bargains

Many FM gamers have been asking SI for these 'upgrades' to the game for years. Now that they have delivered it, I am quite happy and enjoying this new challenge, and I am sure there are many others who think like me. Sure these implementations need some fine tuning, like players complaining about lack of first team when they are injured (although this never happened to me in 5 season game time, so I'm not even sure if people are exaggerating some of the issues mentioned in this thread), but the idea is quite right and realistic. I played 5 seasons so far in my Hansa Rostock save, and the squad harmony has been rock solid at 100%, continuously for the last 3 seasons, and I had to get rid of only 1-2 players per year, some due to lack of first team experience, some due to bigger clubs approaching them. Again, it is very realistic. Ask yourself this question: When you have 25-30 players in your squad, why do you insist on keeping those 1-2 players in your squad, against their will? Just let them go, and find replacements. I really don't understand why people want to just keep winning with no challenge, but if that's what you want, maybe SI should create a game mode where all players are always happy no matter what, and just get rid of the player interactions. I never played FMC, but isn't it more or less like this?

This! Player interactions come with some tools you are supposed to use as a manager. If you don't use them and ignore the players who are complaining, it only makes sense that they will become unhappy. I agree that some of the interactions mentioned here need some fine tuning (although in 5 season playing time I have yet to experience any issue like the ones I read in this thread), but the squad harmony doesn't go to a low level overnight. You have to consistently ignore the interactions, or consistently say the wrong things to players, to make the whole squad unhappy.

The key is not to ignore the players with slight concerns, and have their issues resolved by either your way, and if it doesn't work, have them resolved their way. In my experience, 50% of the time I am able to convince the players to just shut up and keep going, and for the rest, I either accept what they want, or put them on the transfer list for a reasonable price. Just by doing that you are able to keep them semi happy, and in time they can either get sold, or become happy again, both of which happened to me.

It was far from being just about right in previous versions. But for sure it was fun for gamers who have no interest in experiencing any challenge in roster building. For me, player interactions and doing business with AI clubs in FM15 are certainly a step in the right direction, for the following realistic issues created by the game:

1- You can't keep all your talented players in your team any more when the bigger clubs are interested in them

2- You can't fill your roster with 30 top players and not hear any complaint from the ones who are playing less

3- You can't get all high quality youngsters cheap any more. AI is now more aware of their value for the future, and it is more difficult to find bargains

Many FM gamers have been asking SI for these 'upgrades' to the game for years. Now that they have delivered it, I am quite happy and enjoying this new challenge, and I am sure there are many others who think like me. Sure these implementations need some fine tuning, like players complaining about lack of first team when they are injured (although this never happened to me in 5 season game time, so I'm not even sure if people are exaggerating some of the issues mentioned in this thread), but the idea is quite right and realistic. I played 5 seasons so far in my Hansa Rostock save, and the squad harmony has been rock solid at 100%, continuously for the last 3 seasons, and I had to get rid of only 1-2 players per year, some due to lack of first team experience, some due to bigger clubs approaching them. Again, it is very realistic. Ask yourself this question: When you have 25-30 players in your squad, why do you insist on keeping those 1-2 players in your squad, against their will? Just let them go, and find replacements. I really don't understand why people want to just keep winning with no challenge, but if that's what you want, maybe SI should create a game mode where all players are always happy no matter what, and just get rid of the player interactions. I never played FMC, but isn't it more or less like this?

Player interaction is fine as long as it's sensible and realistic. At times in FM 15 it isn't.

I am not looking for an easy ride but some of the interaction is plain ridiculous. Examples.

1. Like above..... Andy Carroll moaning about not being a starter after 3 substitute appearances and not being match fit after being out injured for ages. Tried a different approach and said that he had been out for a long period and take his time to get back into a starting spot. His response was along the lines of "I know when I am fit so if you are not going to play me a transfer seems the only option". He is 64% match fit.

2. Another player, a brand new signing on a rotation option, moaning about not starting 4 matches into the new season after being a used substitute. Nothing in his performance suggested a start.

3. Another player moaned and I told him "Sakho was in the form of his life and couldn't leave him out". Something like 10 goals in 13 appearances. Said player replied something along the lines of "He isn't playing that well".

4. A 19 year old who hasn't done anything of note in the U19's whining that he hasn't played enough games for the first team.

5. Countries not picking so and so because they haven't played enough games for their Club when they have played every fixture!

6. My Captain and oldest player having a moan and saying he would be happy to talk to a more senior player!!!!

7. Back up goalkeepers moaning about not playing for the First Team.

As I say I am all for interaction as long as it's logical and realistic and those examples above are neither. There isn't even an option to reply one of the most used football comments, "You can't change a winning team".

This! Player interactions come with some tools you are supposed to use as a manager. If you don't use them and ignore the players who are complaining, it only makes sense that they will become unhappy. I agree that some of the interactions mentioned here need some fine tuning (although in 5 season playing time I have yet to experience any issue like the ones I read in this thread), but the squad harmony doesn't go to a low level overnight. You have to consistently ignore the interactions, or consistently say the wrong things to players, to make the whole squad unhappy.

The key is not to ignore the players with slight concerns, and have their issues resolved by either your way, and if it doesn't work, have them resolved their way. In my experience, 50% of the time I am able to convince the players to just shut up and keep going, and for the rest, I either accept what they want, or put them on the transfer list for a reasonable price. Just by doing that you are able to keep them semi happy, and in time they can either get sold, or become happy again, both of which happened to me.

You're so wrong I don't know why you're in this thread. Nobody is ignoring players complaints or not addressing them. People are paying attention and addressing and still being screwed over. It's not happened in your game, right? But it's happened in thousands of others? It's a bug. If I am Manchester United and sell a CM nobody, people cry and I promise to sort them right out, sign Paul Pogba and a host of others and September 1st they want out... Come on mate. Tell me, tell me what I did wrong. Tell me where I took the wrong step. I am genuinely interested, son. School this playa.

Player interaction is fine as long as it's sensible and realistic. At times in FM 15 it isn't.

I am not looking for an easy ride but some of the interaction is plain ridiculous. Examples.

1. Like above..... Andy Carroll moaning about not being a starter after 3 substitute appearances and not being match fit after being out injured for ages. Tried a different approach and said that he had been out for a long period and take his time to get back into a starting spot. His response was along the lines of "I know when I am fit so if you are not going to play me a transfer seems the only option". He is 64% match fit.

2. Another player, a brand new signing on a rotation option, moaning about not starting 4 matches into the new season after being a used substitute. Nothing in his performance suggested a start.

3. Another player moaned and I told him "Sakho was in the form of his life and couldn't leave him out". Something like 10 goals in 13 appearances. Said player replied something along the lines of "He isn't playing that well".

4. A 19 year old who hasn't done anything of note in the U19's whining that he hasn't played enough games for the first team.

5. Countries not picking so and so because they haven't played enough games for their Club when they have played every fixture!

6. My Captain and oldest player having a moan and saying he would be happy to talk to a more senior player!!!!

As I say I am all for interaction as long as it's logical and realistic and those examples above are neither. There isn't even an option to reply one of the most used football comments, "You can't change a winning team".

These are all good examples, and they should be fixed of course.

I am not saying player interactions are perfect. But in terms of the game finally providing some challenge in roster building and management, FM15 is a step in the right direction. Let's hope that things will be improved in the next patch. But what we have right now, I prefer 100%, compared to what all the previous FM's had. Having said that:

1. Anything like this never happened to me in 5 seasons playing time.

2. Never happened to me with rotation players, since I let them play every once in a while as a starter, and also use them as substitutes when the starting player is not doing well. When I believe that 3 points is in the bag, I typically sub in some hot prospects rather than rotation players currently on the bench. Happens to me with backup players, which makes sense to me since I almost never play them. Depending on their level and if they are in my long term plans, sometimes I promise to play them more, or not. And when I refuse, some of them want to leave, which is perfectly reasonable too. This was my biggest concern with previous FM's. You would have backup players never playing, and never complaining, which would allow you to have players on the bench with quality close to the starters, and never complaining. Zero challenge in roster management.

3. I did not see this happening, simply because I never used that answer before. Seems like a bug that needs to be fixed.

4. Never happened to me.

5. Never seen it, but I am managing a team in top leagues with many international players in the roster. Should be a bug.

6. This did happen to me. It sure is a bug.

7. Never happened to me, but depending on the level and character of that backup gk, this could and should happen imo.

Since I did not experience most of the issues mentioned in this thread, I really wonder why. I find the extra challenge with team building quite realistic and entertaining. The fact that my squad harmony has been at 100% the last 3 seasons proves that it is perfectly possible to get around the issues with players and maintain a happy roster. Nothing game breaking really, but is is just another area that can be improved in the game.

8. Adam Lallana returns from yet another injury (don't get me started on injuries). He starts 3 out of 4 games since returning to fitness. And you guessed it he annoyed because he wants to start more games. If I ever start a new game I will just have to sell him first thing. Due to the injury and squad management bugs he's entirely more trouble than he's worth.

So IRL he has just started, after injury, a few games for Liverpool. If FM injuries are indeed realistic expect him to pick up a 2-3 month injury in his next game IRL. Also IRL Balotelli has been benched for a couple of games. If FM's player behavior is accurate I expect to see press reports about him spitting his dummy out. We shall see....

After promising Lallana a run of games he gets a back strain of course. This is almost funny...

For those who has problem with player interaction, which management style did you choose when start the name?

Left it in the middle so suspect I am half tracksuit/half tactical manager although I have absolutely no idea what that means and seems all a little pointless,. Rather just have SI getting the important bits 100% right than add gimmicks each year.

Look at Jose, right now he doesn't rotate, he plays his best team, and at West Ham, the likes of Jarvis, Demel, O'Brien who aren't playing are hardly stamping their feet and moaning in the press because they aren't playing, or as far as I can see. Maybe it's linked to certain players professionalism but it just seems over the top at times. Ok after not playing for 6 months I can understand it but not a week after returning from 4 months out with injury!

Yes, it's ruining my enjoyment of the game.

Every time I sell a young player who isn't even in the first team I have top players demanding to speak to me about letting prospects leave the club. I now have two of my best players wanting to leave because I sold a 17 year old who has never played in the first team and who wouldn't sign a new contract.

It's just broken.

And now, apparently, according to his info screen he's asked to leave. No, no he didn't ask to leave, not at any point. If I lose my star player over this I'm done.

20 in all apart from discipline which is 15.

I just sold another youngster who was, to put it bluntly, crap. He hadn't progressed in two seasons and when I pull him up about it he says he's been treated unfairly. Ok, well bye then. He's sold on for a pittance. Que uproar, team meetings and more players unhappy. This is ridiculous.

So have SI acknowledged the fact that players have no idea as to how many games they should be playing, that they're injured, that they've been away on international duty or that the season has just started? All they have to do is get it back to FM 14 levels so it really shouldn't be that difficult to fix what's for me the first almost gamebreaker in 18 years of playing CM and FM religiously

For me it goes slightly beyond player interaction. The press conferences also, I just beat Arsenal (at Emirates) to reach the Carling Cup Final with Bournemouth. 3 of 5 questions after the match was about how good the opposition players were.

For me it goes slightly beyond player interaction. The press conferences also, I just beat Arsenal (at Emirates) to reach the Carling Cup Final with Bournemouth. 3 of 5 questions after the match was about how good the opposition players were.

I started a thread in the bugs forum about insane/inappropriate press questions. No response as of yet...

Link for this?

Link for this?

Things like this happen often. I beat RM 6-2 over two legs in Champions League semi, and the press ask me how disappointed I am to be knocked out of the competition

Things like this happen often. I beat RM 6-2 over two legs in Champions League semi, and the press ask me how disappointed I am to be knocked out of the competition

Do you have a link for the SI acknowledgement is what i was asking

I'm asking you obviously, since you're the one saying SI have acknowledged this. Do you have the link to said acknowledgement?

I'm not sure how it's obvious that you're asking me. Re-read my post. It was clearly a question as to whether SI have acknowledged this obvious flaw in the game.

Yes, it's ruining my enjoyment of the game.

Every time I sell a young player who isn't even in the first team I have top players demanding to speak to me about letting prospects leave the club. I now have two of my best players wanting to leave because I sold a 17 year old who has never played in the first team and who wouldn't sign a new contract.

It's just broken.

And now, apparently, according to his info screen he's asked to leave. No, no he didn't ask to leave, not at any point. If I lose my star player over this I'm done.

I just sold another youngster who was, to put it bluntly, crap. He hadn't progressed in two seasons and when I pull him up about it he says he's been treated unfairly. Ok, well bye then. He's sold on for a pittance. Que uproar, team meetings and more players unhappy. This is ridiculous.

Absolutely agree with what's being said. Selling youngsters from the youth squad should never create an issue for any player in the first-team squad. Ever. This is one of the main reasons I've gone back to FM14 (hopefully on a temporary basis). Player interaction on FM14 could get annoying at times, but was manageable and didn't ruin the game.

This is a prefect example how bad this is at times :

Andy Carroll was moaning so I said I would give him some playing time,. A few starts and sub appearances and he was happy again, stating that he was starting more games and was happy with his playing time.

Then after a game against Sunderland he was back moaning that I had broken a promise and dropped him......... He started against Sunderland and played 81 minutes!!!!!!!!!

a lot of this , and press talk is superfluous nonsense which has gone too far in the game t is tedious and pointless most of the time

i think the players a bit too teenage-like, for the lack of a better word.

We also lack some solutions in regards to answers.

fx if a player is yapping his mouth in the dressing room and whining, even trying to force his issue through. All this while having other players in on a meeting, why cant i tell the little fecker, "your done bitch, please get your handbag and get the f out of my office. I need men here, not ladies running with gossip, trying to ruin the whole team morale. You, yes you, you´ll rot in the u-19 squad until you cry"

Also, as i holiday between games, i´d like it if conversations could be done all the time. Let the player understand that i´m on holiday and will get on it, as soon as im back, or so to speak.

Left it in the middle so suspect I am half tracksuit/half tactical manager although I have absolutely no idea what that means and seems all a little pointless,. Rather just have SI getting the important bits 100% right than add gimmicks each year.

Look at Jose, right now he doesn't rotate, he plays his best team, and at West Ham, the likes of Jarvis, Demel, O'Brien who aren't playing are hardly stamping their feet and moaning in the press because they aren't playing, or as far as I can see. Maybe it's linked to certain players professionalism but it just seems over the top at times. Ok after not playing for 6 months I can understand it but not a week after returning from 4 months out with injury!

If FM was IRL right now, Manchester United and Van Gaal would be having a crisis on their hands. Smalling, Rafael, Jones, Evans, Rojo, Blind, Falcao, Young, Herrera, Valencia, Shaw, Mata, Fellaini and Di Maria should be demanding moves due to lack of games because of their injuries.

Carrick will be 'having a run in the first team' as a promise right now, and McNair will be demanding a new contract at 250k a week as Key Player, otherwise he'll be considering dropping down the leagues as he 'doesn't feel he will make it at Manchester United in the future'.

In fact, I KNOW it would be so, in my United file Falcao pretty much demanded to be let go back to Monaco for a lack of playing time that was down to him being injured for the majority of the loan spell, meaning he played only 5 games for me by January. (spooky that, cos 5 games is his tally IRL isn't it? So why isn't he throwing his dummy out of the pram IRL?)

I've never posted regarding an issue before but the player interactions are destroying the enjoyment of the game. I agree with many of the posts about the limited replay options and there seems very little clue as to what response in most likely to succeed.

For instance in my latest save I've just signed James Rodriguez and at the same time sold Ben Pearsons who's age is 22 not and only made 2 appearances for Man U (1 in game) and did ok at Doncaster last year. The fans are happy with the sale but DiMaria is not and now the entire squad are unhappy with the sale of an irrelevant reserve player. This has tanked morale and now DiMaria won't even discuss a contract?! Also I can no longer speak to him about it which is even more frustrating. Why can't I speak to whoever I want whenever about whatever I want to discuss I'm the manager aren't I?! If a player is unhappy you should always be able to talk to them about it.

What makes this worse is that I sold Januzaj (potential to be World class) and Rafael one week later and no one in the squad blinked an eye. Which is bonkers! Also I had to sell both of these players as I'd only been able to keep them happy by promising I would accept a bid from which ever random team was interested in them in the prior month!

(I have save games of just before and after this happened as I am now anticipating odd outcomes from player conversations and have taking to saving the game before speaking to anyone!)

Also when I was at Fulham in the Jan window we we're 6th in the championship (we we're 18th when I took over in October) and Crystal Palace expressed an interest in Roberts (never a bid) he got upset and I told him if they put in a bid I would accept. Anyway fast forward to end of season we finished 2nd and got promoted and Palace went down (Bottom of the league). All through the following season he was still unhappy as he wanted to move to bigger club Palace who finished mid-table in the championship. In the end I had to sell him as his contract was running out and he wouldn't even negotiate despite me being 4th in prem at the time (finished 8th as had to sell him in Jan). What's worse for the whole year he was unhappy I only ever got one change to talk to him about the issue as I could never bring it up again.

Integrations completely broken and need fixing fast!

I've never posted regarding an issue before but the player interactions are destroying the enjoyment of the game. I agree with many of the posts about the limited replay options and there seems very little clue as to what response in most likely to succeed.

For instance in my latest save I've just signed James Rodriguez and at the same time sold Ben Pearsons who's age is 22 not and only made 2 appearances for Man U (1 in game) and did ok at Doncaster last year. The fans are happy with the sale but DiMaria is not and now the entire squad are unhappy with the sale of an irrelevant reserve player. This has tanked morale and now DiMaria won't even discuss a contract?! Also I can no longer speak to him about it which is even more frustrating. Why can't I speak to whoever I want whenever about whatever I want to discuss I'm the manager aren't I?! If a player is unhappy you should always be able to talk to them about it.

What makes this worse is that I sold Januzaj (potential to be World class) and Rafael one week later and no one in the squad blinked an eye. Which is bonkers! Also I had to sell both of these players as I'd only been able to keep them happy by promising I would accept a bid from which ever random team was interested in them in the prior month!

(I have save games of just before and after this happened as I am now anticipating odd outcomes from player conversations and have taking to saving the game before speaking to anyone!)

Also when I was at Fulham in the Jan window we we're 6th in the championship (we we're 18th when I took over in October) and Crystal Palace expressed an interest in Roberts (never a bid) he got upset and I told him if they put in a bid I would accept. Anyway fast forward to end of season we finished 2nd and got promoted and Palace went down (Bottom of the league). All through the following season he was still unhappy as he wanted to move to bigger club Palace who finished mid-table in the championship. In the end I had to sell him as his contract was running out and he wouldn't even negotiate despite me being 4th in prem at the time (finished 8th as had to sell him in Jan). What's worse for the whole year he was unhappy I only ever got one change to talk to him about the issue as I could never bring it up again.

How do you know Pearson was not good mates with Di Maria, just because the rest of the squad weren't too fussed about the sale and a top class player was means nothing, remember there's friendships in game just like in real life.

I just sold two star players and nobody said a word! However, 8 key, star, first team players are still all very unhappy and a few want to leave because I sold some kids. Bare in mind this at the start of a new season after winning the league title and Champs league.

Have these issues been acknowledged by SI? I know nothing is ever simple when it comes to fixes with knock on effects etc etc, but this is game breaking and should be addressed accordingly, in my opinion.

A million times this. Terrible feature that there is just no option to speak to a player after a disagreement of any kind, big or small, or not even a disagreement, just anything!

Edit - yeah, I'm done with this game for now. This has completely destroyed morale this season. I've gone from losing one game the season before and winning lots of stuff, to complete capitulation and I'm guessing it's because of morale, which seems to have more of an effect in this version, which, if true, is terrible as it's completely broken.

In short, yes it is ruining it.

I had an absolutely magical season in the championship with loads of drama/late goals/derby games and it resulted in my promotion which I was truly elated with. I always got told that there was a great spirit in the dressing room and I promised that they would all get their chance in the Prem the following year.

I have only got 10 games into my my debut Premier League season and I kid you not 95% of my teams morale is at Abysmal. I was actually sat 12th in the table with a few unexpected wins and I thought everything was going on track for a consolidation season with my old squad. However, after I gave a rotation player a warning for getting a straight red card 15 minutes into a game, he went off on one and told me that he would 'turn the rest of the squad against me' and demanded a transfer. Now, literally every few days I have a different player coming to me telling of how they feel my management is ruining morale and demanding moves. My favourite was my 21 year old striker in his first Premier League season demanding to move to a bigger club despite signing a new contract at the start of the season and there being no interest in him. Now he refuses to talk to me and doesn't turn up for training every few weeks (when I fined him for missing his second session the whole dressing room revolted again).

What is most annoying about the whole situation is that I usually make sure to have plenty of 'professional' players in my teams and the only 'volatile' player I have is Ravel Morrison and he seems to be the only player happy enough to keep trying to play. All the 'professionals' are moaning like actual 7 year old's with quotes like "You wait until the boys hear about this" (although why anyone would support his desires to irrationally leave the club I have no idea) and "I'm more than happy to take this to the press".

Funnily enough I am still actually doing okay in the league even with the terrible morale, however no one wants to sign a new contract so I guess they will all be returning to the Championship next season even if I do stay up.

Its actually ruined what was one of my favourite FM seasons ever (the promotion campaign) as now all those players hate me for very irrational reasons and won't sign any contracts.

Rant Over

Happy New Year!

How do you know Pearson was not good mates with Di Maria, just because the rest of the squad weren't too fussed about the sale and a top class player was means nothing, remember there's friendships in game just like in real life.

I checked both there profiles and they mention no friendship with each other so according to the game there are not friends unless it's a hidden friendship in which case it feels like the game trying to trick me. In fact Pearson has hardly been at the club since DiMaria joined as he's been on loans and trains with the U21's so I'd be surprised if they even know each other.

Also I don't understand your point. If a friend of yours leaves the place you work do you have a hissy fit with your boss and refuse to talk to them? the players are employees not a volunteer Sunday team. Please site one real life example anywhere where someone has left simply because a friend has also left?

Also this is supposed to be a game isn't it???? I shouldn't need to be a clairvoyant to be able to second guess how people are going to react If I sell a nothing player or is the aim for this to be a full time job so I can spend 6 hrs talking to all the players and staff before selling anyone just incase someone gets upset about it.

If they are going to adopt this model your assistant should warn you. i.e as you go to sell them he could say "Payer X may be upset by this because ... and I would suggest talking to him before you proceed" At least then you would have the chance to do something before he's actually sold.

Also I replayed the conversation with DiMaria and the only option that would keep him happy was to promise to sign better players so it's nothing to do with friendship or should it have been sign friendlier players? lol The other annoying thing about that is I had spent £85m on Rodriguez on the very same day but I couldn't say I've just bough Rodriguez he's better than Pearson. The game seems to punish people who sign players in advance of letting others go as you then have to promise to sign more players to keep the squad happy it just doesn't work

I was about to buy this game... I think I'll pass. Thanks for letting people know it's a buggy mess right now.

I agree, it has been very useful to read this and similar threads. There have come up a few interesting objections as well, but all in all the arguments of those who claim that something is rotten sound more convincing.

I agree, it has been very useful to read this and similar threads. There have come up a few interesting objections as well, but all in all the arguments of those who claim that something is rotten sound more convincing.

Unfortunately I just had my thread closed when I asked for some advice, shame as I've never known a forum to be so strict. Maybe they're worried people will say no and they'll lose a sale?

-snip-

He doesn't have a point, he's just defending an issue.

Player revolts are rare, once you break through the media waffle and get away from the tabloids there's probably very few exceptional revolts that have genuinely occurred. Sunderland and Di Canio comes to mind, as does the France team and the England team under Gary Neville re: Rio Ferdinand - which, didn't come to fruition-.

The tabloids will have you think there's one every year, Manchester United last year for example, though most discontentment was revealed after the Moyes-regime was ended not during and even then, mostly by players who had left or were leaving and had nothing to lose from speaking out. I'm sure plenty were unhappy but they kept their gobs shut, as most people would want to do in that situation as you're only going to paint a target on your head as a 'trouble-maker' for the next manager.

As for friendships, I don't think it's had a serious impact on anything transfer wise. The Neville brothers didn't have a moan when they were split up though, that was at Phil Neville's instistence, and there wasn't an issue with Rafael/Fabio. I don't see much in the media about friends throwing a tantrum over sales, yes there's the usual rumour mill about Ronaldo being upset that Ozil and Di Maria were offloaded, but that seems to me to be the English media bandwagon about getting him back at United for whatever reason, even though he's outright said he'd happy at Madrid.

I think that fan-manager relationships are a lot more fickle than player-manager relationships, particularly seen this season, or the media making a fuss out of things that aren't there. I don't think there's so much player-manager aggro as FM likes to display.

Unfortunately I just had my thread closed when I asked for some advice, shame as I've never known a forum to be so strict. Maybe they're worried people will say no and they'll lose a sale?

No because you can make that decision off the demo. Although you already said you weren't buying it anyway. There is a free updated demo. Play it and decide, as always.