Are player interactions ruining your enjoyment of the game?

The new chats with players seem to me to be quite poorly thought-out and buggy. It seems like a player kicks off about something on a weekly basis and placating them is pretty tough - especially when the player's reasoning and the options you're given bare little resemblance on reality. Take the below interaction:

20fqm2d.png

I've just finished my first season with Wolfsburg, we won the league by 10 points and I've just completed my summer spending, to the tune of £80m - we have a fantastic squad and are 2nd favourites for the title again. Man Utd bid on Giovinco, they didn't win a single thing last year and failed to qualify for the CL. Despite that he wants to know why I turned down a bid, fair enough I guess. So I ask what I can do and I'm presented with those options. Why on earth can't I say "fair enough mate, we won the league last year and I plan on doing the same again this year, wanna wait it out and see what happens?"

Obviously he didn't back down and because nobody was actually interested in him I had to sell him for a pittance. He scored 25 goals in the league last season as well.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SI Staff
The new chats with players seem to me to be quite poorly thought-out and buggy. It seems like a player kicks off about something on a weekly basis and placating them is pretty tough - especially when the player's reasoning and the options you're given bare little resemblance on reality. Take the below interaction:

20fqm2d.png

I've just finished my first season with Wolfsburg, we won the league by 10 points and I've just completed my summer spending, to the tune of £80m - we have a fantastic squad and are 2nd favourites for the title again. Man Utd bid on Giovinco, they didn't win a single thing last year and failed to qualify for the CL. Despite that he wants to know why I turned down a bid, fair enough I guess. So I ask what I can do and I'm presented with those options. Why on earth can't I say "fair enough mate, we won the league last year and I plan on doing the same again this year, wanna wait it out and see what happens?"

Obviously he didn't back down and because nobody was actually interested in him I had to sell him for a pittance. He scored 25 goals in the league last season as well.

Hi BJG, could you open a thread about this issue in the Interactions/Conversations/Team Meetings forum please?: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/451-Interaction-Conversations-Team-Meetings

If you happen to have a save just before the conversation then it would help to upload that to our FTP as well (http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/405113) Thanks

I've just finished my first season with Wolfsburg, we won the league by 10 points

And signed a player from Juventus on 73k a week in the first season. :rolleyes:

The problem here is that you've unrealistically overachieved. Yes, the interaction is technically bugged and should be reported, but these things are linked to reputation. A club the size of Wolfsburg won't have as big a rep at the top clubs in the first season, nor will they be expected to have such amazing success so early.

Did you use any editors to bump up the finances, or change around any of the players? You often find that some level of unrealistic input can throw back certain unrealistic outputs.

D_D - remove your blinkers mate, this is a fundamental flaw with the game, its nothing to do with any edited data.The player interactions are broken this year, players are always looking to kick up stink if things aren't going there way and there is no way to calm them down and get them to toe the party line.Such a typical FM fanboy response.

I take it you all missed the part where I said it was a bug, yeah?

I'm merely giving an opinion on why it's actually happening. Still, keep responding to the poster and not the post, always classy.

I quite clearly responded to your post, it's obviously a bug though and there's no way you should be able to defend it. It doesn't matter if he's won the league with Wolfsburg, West Brom or Worcester, it shouldn't be happening.

The problem here is that you've unrealistically overachieved. Yes, the interaction is technically bugged and should be reported, but these things are linked to reputation. A club the size of Wolfsburg won't have as big a rep at the top clubs in the first season, nor will they be expected to have such amazing success so early.

Did you use any editors to bump up the finances, or change around any of the players? You often find that some level of unrealistic input can throw back certain unrealistic outputs.

I'm sorry but this is a ridiculous response. Defending player interaction is like ******* into the wind. Player interaction is unequivocally messed up. Wolfsburg are 1 of 6-8 clubs who could win the Bundesliga in the first season with the right management and luck. Stop coming up with absolute nonsense & then people won't hate on you.

Tbf you said 'technically' which is a cop out. It's definitely a bug.Those sort of posts are why things have been broken for so many years, you cannot excuse it because its related to reputation...if that's the case then a deeper investigation is needed as clearly there is something wrong with the way rep works if its causing a game breaking knock on effect.

Think I signed him with a couple of wage rise clauses, yearly and international games. I have unrealistically overachieved, yes - that's another problem with this game, it's the easiest incarnation since which ever one it was you could whack it up to someone with a high jumping stat and they'd score 50 a season.

That doesn't change the fact, however, that despite having just won a trophy, I can only say that winning more is either beyond us, or not achievable unless I bring in more players, despite having just spent £40m on Raheem Sterling.

I mean, I can understand the reputation thing - I fully expected to have my team pulled apart and have players unsettled - what I'm unhappy about here is that the options do not reflect the reality. If he wants to go to United because he considers them a bigger club, or because they can pay him more money, fair enough but I should be able to promise him trophies this season

I'm not defending anything :lol:, I've already posted numerous times before how bugged player interactions are. I'm merely pointing out that there may be reasons for some of these interactions that occur.

That's all. No need to get all upset and angry about it, it's only a game lads, innit.

I'm not defending anything :lol:, I've already posted numerous times before how bugged player interactions are. I'm merely pointing out that there may be reasons for some of these interactions that occur.

That's all. No need to get all upset and angry about it, it's only a game lads, innit.

I understand the reason the interaction has occurred, it's the options given and the player's reasoning that are the major issues.

It is a major issue this year. Interaction has always been poor but this year too many players are moaning with things like the above and not getting enough game time a couple of weeks after being out injured, that sort of thing. What makes it worse though is the lack of sensible responses you have to choose from. If you are on a 10 game unbeaten run the option to say something like "I can't change a winning team" or something similar isn't there.

Still not bought this latest version of FM and this sort of stuff is why. I'd love to come in here and read that all the issues that were in FM2014 are fixed instead of hearing about brand new features being implemented without addressing problems that have been around in this series for ages.

Just an update re this issue. Started a new game and a brand new player has started moaning about a lack of first team football after 6 games. He has come on as sub in 4 of them. Not signed by me, a new player at the Club IRL close season. SI need to do something about this asap as complaining 6 games into the season is plain ridiculous.

I am in december on my first season and quite shockingly i don't play rooney yes i know what you are all thinking but when other strikers are scoring then he sits on the bench, anyway he comes on as subs mostly and i have never got anything with him being unhappy, maybe its certain teams this happens or maybe certain leagues.

Just an update re this issue. Started a new game and a brand new player has started moaning about a lack of first team football after 6 games. He has come on as sub in 4 of them. Not signed by me, a new player at the Club IRL close season. SI need to do something about this asap as complaining 6 games into the season is plain ridiculous.

Only if people are sending in save of their specific issues. Because's not uniform by any means which makes it far more difficult to sort. For example I know there player interaction issues, yet I've seen it just once in any save with De Gea, and that was on the pre release.

I am in december on my first season and quite shockingly i don't play rooney yes i know what you are all thinking but when other strikers are scoring then he sits on the bench, anyway he comes on as subs mostly and i have never got anything with him being unhappy, maybe its certain teams this happens or maybe certain leagues.

See in this case, you should be getting him being more unhappy.

It sucks the fun out of the game for me right now. I don't care if it's super realistic and a perfect simulation of real world football when Julian Speroni, with two months left of the season and his contract, demands to be put on the transfer list because he suddenly misses Argentina, or when Jon Williams gets unhappy because I refuse him the 300% pay rise he demands in the middle of the season, I think it's a pain and I don't want it in the game. Thank God for FMRTE.

Only if people are sending in save of their specific issues. Because's not uniform by any means which makes it far more difficult to sort. For example I know there player interaction issues, yet I've seen it just once in any save with De Gea, and that was on the pre release.

I've sent it loads of saves and I'm sure others have too. Surely you guys have enough info to fix the problem?

Given that SI have had ample feedback and plenty of time to change player interaction its entirely possible that it is working exactly how they want it. Perhaps they feel that it somehow contributes positively to the activeness of the game. So like rats trapped in Skinner Box we have no choice but to endure it to get to the cheese.

Given that SI have had ample feedback and plenty of time to change player interaction its entirely possible that it is working exactly how they want it. Perhaps they feel that it somehow contributes positively to the activeness of the game. So like rats trapped in Skinner Box we have no choice but to endure it to get to the cheese.

So now I am a rat. Well I'm born that year.

At what point is uploading a save game useful. Should we save as the player complains. I'm five games in to the league season and two players with a squad status of rotation are complaining about lack of first team football. This has happened every season and makes proper rotation pointless

At what point is uploading a save game useful. Should we save as the player complains. I'm five games in to the league season and two players with a squad status of rotation are complaining about lack of first team football. This has happened every season and makes proper rotation pointless

I think if they are rotation players, they'd expect to be playing quite a lot tbh, back up and youngsters are different but a rotation player would expect to start half the games in a season, that'd be around 20.

I think if they are rotation players, they'd expect to be playing quite a lot tbh, back up and youngsters are different but a rotation player would expect to start half the games in a season, that'd be around 20.

They do end up playing more than that, I just feel that the game only seems to take into account league starts. Sub appearances and cups should count. 2 starts out of five and on as a sub a few times within the first five league games should be more than enough for rotation players with professional personalities

They do end up playing more than that, I just feel that the game only seems to take into account league starts. Sub appearances and cups should count. 2 starts out of five and on as a sub a few times within the first five league games should be more than enough for rotation players with professional personalities

This is all true, I like to have 11 1st team players and then 11 on backup rather than rotation, then there is less chance of them moaning as they're only backup and don't expect to play half the season, this game doesn't take that into account though.

I sold Nathanial Chalobah who been in the U21s all season after his loan at Burnley.

5 Determination. No luck with any tutors.

Decided to sell him for £4M. Half the first team are now Unhappy because I sold him. Willian, Remy, Oscar, and Ivanovic now want to leave.

Farce.

So, Tielemans who is listed as a Hot Prospect complains about lack of first team football after starting seven out of twelve games. I tell him that there's still a long way to go in the season and he's cool with it. Less than a month later he's complaining about me breaking a promise. He's played three out of six games, getting sent off in one and therefore being eligible for only five of them. I've only played three league games in this time due to the Club World Cup. This is really absurd! Have uploaded a save and posted in bugs forum but haven't had a response...

And the crux of the problem is right there, it's based on rep and it shouldn't be. Rep is too much of an overriding catchall when a much better out of match AI is needed. Something like a single players issues among the rest of the squads issues cannot be handled just by basing it on club rep.

While I'm far from happy with player interaction in FM15, I do have a work around of sorts.

The fact my virtual manager has 20 Man Management, means I can Assertively shut down the players, that unfortunately make it even more pointless, since it's just a waste of time dealing with it, since I can 110% of the time secure a good result.

Promising them silverware is the easiest way, since I'm managing a club that wins, but I can actually simply say shut up and play ball and the 20 man of the manager results in the problem going away.

I thought I'd have a bit of fun; see how long it would take to reduce my entire squads morale to Abysmal. Turns out its very easy. I did it by mistake. I called a team meeting and said "We've been doing ok lately" rather than "we've been doing marginally better than ok lately". 3 of the squad immediately committed suicide; pistol shot to the head. 5 of them tried to jump out the windows. Luckily we installed storm guards on the windows for precisely this reason. The rest, apart from Balotelli, slipped into a catatonic state. Balotelli became so enraged he broke the molecular binding energy for his entire body and just turned to plasma. We're currently using him to warm the half-time cocoa.

I thought I'd have a bit of fun; see how long it would take to reduce my entire squads morale to Abysmal. Turns out its very easy. I did it by mistake. I called a team meeting and said "We've been doing ok lately" rather than "we've been doing marginally better than ok lately". 3 of the squad immediately committed suicide; pistol shot to the head. 5 of them tried to jump out the windows. Luckily we installed storm guards on the windows for precisely this reason. The rest, apart from Balotelli, slipped into a catatonic state. Balotelli became so enraged he broke the molecular binding energy for his entire body and just turned to plasma. We're currently using him to warm the half-time cocoa.

Brilliant....

What is frustrating is the whilst player interaction has always been boring and tiresome it has been just about right in previous versions. Yes you had the odd moaner but I certainly didn't have Andy Carroll moaning about not playing a week after returning from 4 months out with injury!!

I think this is what annoys gamers the most. FM is an ongoing series where I suspect most of us are just hoping for progress on the ME as time goes on, but when something that has never been a major issue suddenly becomes a real irritant within the space of one release you have to ask why. As the old adage goes "if it ain't broke don't fix it"!!

Archived