Sports Interactive Community
Sign in to follow this  
Ebanks09

Journey man thread

So I have started a new game unemployed and sucessfully interviewed for the Tondela job. In the first season we won the title and have been promoted to Portugal Premier League. Whilst I am not planning on leaving them yet, I do want to progress around Europe and manage other teams as my reputaton (hopefully) increases.

My question is, how do you know what jobs it is realistic to apply for. For example, if I was to apply for the Barcelona job I wouldnt get it and my board would probably be annoyed and I may lose the dressing room. I dont want to just wait to be approached for jobs, as these offers may not come.

So how do you know which jobs you are in with a chance of?

I usually just wait to be approached and if the challenge seems good then I go for it.

Went from Galway Utd (10 years) to Villa - and got them promoted back to the premiership. Went on to Chelsea and then FC Bayern. Now at Sevilla.

Chances come along.

If you want to go down the route of applying, then you don't really know. A true journeyman save is probably going to lead to a few occasions of having the board raging at you.

You just have to ask yourself - is the chance to manage this new club bigger than the need to stay at the old? It is hard to judge though - sometimes a job you think you have no chance of getting will be offered to you, but then sometimes a job you're eminently qualified for will reject you. Just have to stick or twist in the end.

Worst comes to worst, board sacks you, and if you're good, availability should only make you more attractive.

I was playing in the Netherlands, got promotion, then two league titles in a row. Arsenal and Man United became available, so I took a punt. Board raged, and demanded an apology. I resigned, and in the next two days, about 7 different clubs approached me. Some big ones too.

It's a videogame, you should never be afraid to take a chance.

Or be sneaky - do a save before going for a job.

See what it goes and if needs be you can back.

Or be sneaky - do a save before going for a job.

See what it goes and if needs be you can back.

I think pretty much every single thread about strategy comes with the unwritten caveat "...assuming I don't want to cheat". Because if you're happy to cheat then you don't need to ask the question.

In real life you make life changing decisions... is it liverpool or barca... dilemma!

Or save your game and do barca for a while and see where it goes. Or go back to that faithful save.

Thanks everyone,

Funnily enough I didnt think of saving before I applied. Honest of me? Maybe. Stupid? Probably!

I am only thinking of leaving Tondela because following promotion we have been destoryed in the first two games. Hopefully we will pick up!

I think pretty much every single thread about strategy comes with the unwritten caveat "...assuming I don't want to cheat". Because if you're happy to cheat then you don't need to ask the question.

It's not really cheating. The game can be unpredictable when applying for jobs.

Sometimes you get laughed at by another club, your board gets unhappy that you're applying for jobs and sack you.

And it's not what you wanted to happen at all.

You don't want to lose a perfectly good save and career game because of some unpredictable scenario playing out. So if it goes tits up at least you can roll back and don't do it again and continue your save.

At Sevilla I finished 3rd and got sacked, lost the last game of the season. Rolled back to another save, and finished 3rd again, losing the last game of the season and I wasn't sacked. (talking about rolling back to the last game of the season here)

I've a perfectly good save here and finishing 3rd to Barca and Real wasn't easy.

I rolled back to save my career game, the same results happened and I was kept on.

It's not really cheating. The game can be unpredictable when applying for jobs.

Sometimes you get laughed at by another club, your board gets unhappy that you're applying for jobs and sack you.

And it's not what you wanted to happen at all.

You don't want to lose a perfectly good save and career game because of some unpredictable scenario playing out. So if it goes tits up at least you can roll back and don't do it again and continue your save.

Wut?

The entire game is a series of unpredictable scenarios playing out. You could use the same justification to argue in favour of saving before every single game just in case you got an undesirable result.

If you want to do that then fine, it's up to you to enjoy the game how you want. But it's kind of pointless to give that as a recommendation to somebody asking a question about strategy. Otherwise you may as well copy and paste that response on everything:

Q. How do I succeed against this tactic?

A. Just keep reloading until you win

Q. No players want to come to me!

A. Just reload every time you lose. Once you win the league and champions league every player will want to come to you.

Q. I keep running out of money!

A. Just reload every time you lose and the prize money from all the trophies you win will keep you afloat.

I think you are reading too much into it. Tyson has made a fair point.

I think saving after every game is cheating and a waste of time, but, saving before you make a major decision in a career game, taking into account it is a complex 'GAME' whereby the computer may chuck in a weird decision every now and then is a good idea. That way you wont ruin 20 seasons of playing for the sake of the computer throwing up one dodgy outcome.

Thanks for tip

I'm with Piemaster on this one.

The unpredictability of the game is what makes it what it is.

To rewind your decisions until you get the desired effect seems pointless.

After all, sometimes things that happen in the game that you considered undesirable at the time could well be a blessing in disguise.

There are a lot of decisions that happen in the game that I just take on the chin. Then there are others that just seemed ridiculous.

Option to reload is your choice and if you want to play that way then do - or don't. It's your game, it's your option.