Squad Numbers, does it matter?

Does it have any effect if a player with a preferred number get's that number?

On pitch luck factor? Off Pitch Mood boost?

2: Does it have any effect, to change long term players number?

Like changing Messi out of 10, does that hurt shirt sales?

Basically is the squad numbers anything more than eye candy?

Certainly players like Ronaldo would kick off were their number given to another player and they just an ordinary squad number.

More players I am sure would have a personal preference for a number on the back of their shirt. How many players have dreamt of and feel they are the right player to be a number 10 or a 7 for example for their club. Plenty of fans feel their is an importance over certain shirt numbers - look at the fuss created at Man Utd in the press over who got the number 7 and 11 shirt Di Maria and Januzai respectively.

Little things like this I really enjoy going over - more features like this bring the game to life and should be exploited more often.

Certainly players like Ronaldo would kick off were their number given to another player and they just an ordinary squad number.

More players I am sure would have a personal preference for a number on the back of their shirt. How many players have dreamt of and feel they are the right player to be a number 10 or a 7 for example for their club. Plenty of fans feel their is an importance over certain shirt numbers - look at the fuss created at Man Utd in the press over who got the number 7 and 11 shirt Di Maria and Januzai respectively.

Little things like this I really enjoy going over - more features like this bring the game to life and should be exploited more often.

So you have actually seen a player kick off for getting the wrong number?

I think Ronaldo requested a high squad number when he joined Man United, but he was given 7 instead of the number he wanted. I also seem to remember him wearing number 9 at Real Madrid. I guess the change to 7 happened after Raul left.

Archived