Need tips to break down teams that parks the bus

Im managing Napoli, and got a some nice transfers going, but most of these Italian opponents seems to park the bus and live on the counter attacking part.

Does anyone have a suggestion on how i can break em down?

Im playing a normal back 4 defence, a midfield with 3 CM's ( 1 DLP, 1 AP(a), 1 BtB), 2 Wingers (support) and 1 Complete Forward.

Im in December now, leading the Serie A, but teams seems to have figured me out by now. Playing "Attacking / Fluid" and with team instructions :

pIBhZDy.jpg

Observations / A few things you could try,

1. Switch to a more defensive mentality, it might bring the opposition players out a bit more to close you down in attempt to win the ball and create space in behind that you can then exploit.
  2. The team instructions you are using are clearly suited too a very heavily possession based game but you play attacking mentality which is designed to be more direct in approach...have you tried removing the lower tempo/retain possession/play out of defence options to create faster attacks that might cause these teams different kinds of problems?
  3. Your team lacks players that will finish moves, I would either make a central midfielder more attacking in nature or make the wingers more attack minded to try and get in behind teams, right now you look to be playing in front of them all the time so parking the bus and trying to break out is the sensible option against you.
  4. You could make the full backs more attacking to try and stretch the pitch more and force your opponants out of position to close them down, in conjunction with the wingers this should open up gaps closer to their goal for chances to be created

Good Luck

Observations / A few things you could try,

1. Switch to a more defensive mentality, it might bring the opposition players out a bit more to close you down in attempt to win the ball and create space in behind that you can then exploit.
  2. The team instructions you are using are clearly suited too a very heavily possession based game but you play attacking mentality which is designed to be more direct in approach...have you tried removing the lower tempo/retain possession/play out of defence options to create faster attacks that might cause these teams different kinds of problems?
  3. Your team lacks players that will finish moves, I would either make a central midfielder more attacking in nature or make the wingers more attack minded to try and get in behind teams, right now you look to be playing in front of them all the time so parking the bus and trying to break out is the sensible option against you.
  4. You could make the full backs more attacking to try and stretch the pitch more and force your opponants out of position to close them down, in conjunction with the wingers this should open up gaps closer to their goal for chances to be created

Good Luck

Thanks buddy. Some good suggestions indeed!

My wingers is on attack duty, i typed wrong in the OP. But i will definately try out faster tempo, remove retain possession for faster attacks. Maybe try and put my full backs on attack, on games i know i will dominate.

Thanks!

You have to remember that counter-attacking is something of an important pillar in Italian football, with most of their teams preferring to play a 3 at the back system with a single wide player on either side. Saying that, Steviedaniels' first point is probably the most appropriate for dealing with this sort of thing.

Think of it as a 'If you can't beat them, join them' mentality. Except, when you join them in sitting back, they try to join you in playing direct football.

Thanks buddy. Some good suggestions indeed!

My wingers is on attack duty, i typed wrong in the OP. But i will definately try out faster tempo, remove retain possession for faster attacks. Maybe try and put my full backs on attack, on games i know i will dominate.

Thanks!

With Attacking mentality, those team instructions and roles might end up too much spaces left behind, especially your DM strata.

Probably u having 11 first team world class players, however i personally dont think that is tactical wise.

If u plan to use CWB or full back with atk duty, try dribble less and cross more often and more risky passes. it shall utilise ur wing man.