Relegation Playoff

rabcp

I'm currently making a restructure of the SPL, I have the league as a 16 team league with teams playing each other twice. After these 30 league games the league splits into 4 mini league of 4 teams who again play each other twice. After this stage I have 4th and 5th playing a 2 legged playoff for the last EUROPA League spot along with 14th and 12th playing for the relegation playoff with the loser of this tie playing the winner of the championships promotion play off.

So far most of this works my only issue is with the Relegation play off, when trying to test the rules in the editor i get a message saying "Wrong number of teams found for stage 7 of the Scottish Premiership"

In FM 12th and 14th place meet and play the 2 legged play off (stage 5 in my league), however instead of the loser entering the playoff final (stage 7 in my league) the editor pulls a random non league team to play against the winner of the championships promotion playoff, this leads me to believe that stage 7 is failing to pull the losing team from stage 5 into stage 7.

Within stage 5 I have 2 fate actions;

Set League Fate, Losing Team, Bottom Playoff, 7, 7

Qualify Team For Stage, Losing Team, 7, Relegation Playoff

And within stage 7 I have the following team settings;

Get Promotion Playoff Teams From Lower Division If Inactive, Scottish Championship, 1, 1

Get Qualified Teams From Stage, Scottish Championship, 1, Promotion Playoff, Final, Teams get incremental seeding values starting from the seeding value, 1

Get Qualified Teams From Stage, 5, Relegation Playoff, Final, Teams get incremental seeding values starting from the seeding value, 0

Does anyone have any idea where I'm going wrong and what else I can try?

in last 2-3 years we had problem if we want to qualify team from one "cup" stage to another. game simply cant "see" that. you can solve this-make stage 7 and your present stage 7 move to be stage 8. set stage 7 as league, set "numbers of rounds to 0", untick "create fixtures" , set hidden stage and qualify your team to stage 8. of course you need to qualify team from stage 5 to stage 7. also you can make new "stage name" called "relegation playoff" and set that name to stage 7 and original "relegation playoff" to stage 8. that way you will have proper name in "rules" section in game

Archived