Sports Interactive Community
bleventozturk

Training for new position

I haven't used this in previous FM's because the newly trained position would eventually revert back if you would stop the training. In FM15, however, I read in a thread here that once the new position becomes natural, it just gets added to the players default position training, so he will not lose it.

So, I decided to try this on two of my players, and I picked the two who look like most versatile among the squad, considering that they were already 'accomplished' for many positions. I picked one of those accomplished positions, to train them until they become natural. After almost 6 months, they did not improve. I know it depends on the players' versatility, but how long should I continue before giving up? Also, if somebody can confirm what I said in the first paragraph, that would be great.

If the player is already accomplished I don't touch his position training. I play him in the accomplished position and sometimes they become natural sometimes they don't. I haven't seen any my players lose a position they are natural in.

If the player is already accomplished I don't touch his position training. I play him in the accomplished position and sometimes they become natural sometimes they don't. I haven't seen any my players lose a position they are natural in.
As far as I know players don't become natural at a position just by playing in that position, unless you are playing FMC.

Yes, I'm very sure. That's how it worked in earlier versions of FM (I'm playing FMC now).

I tried several times to train a youngster in a certain position I wanted to use him at. But he (they) was never used in that position by my AssMan. Not until I played the players in the position I trained them at did they increase in their positional knowhow... It also makes sense that you need to play in a position in competitive matches to learn that position.

As far as I know players don't become natural at a position just by playing in that position, unless you are playing FMC.

I'm playing the full version. I had Filipe Luis go from accomplished at LB to natural at LB just by playing him there for a season.

I'm playing the full version. I had Filipe Luis go from accomplished at LB to natural at LB just by playing him there for a season.

If that's the case, it is different than previous FM's, which I would really like by the way. Thanks :)

IME playing the player in the position you want him to be natural AND have him get good ratings at that position will speed up the process.

I haven't used this in previous FM's because the newly trained position would eventually revert back if you would stop the training. In FM15, however, I read in a thread here that once the new position becomes natural, it just gets added to the players default position training, so he will not lose it.

So, I decided to try this on two of my players, and I picked the two who look like most versatile among the squad, considering that they were already 'accomplished' for many positions. I picked one of those accomplished positions, to train them until they become natural. After almost 6 months, they did not improve. I know it depends on the players' versatility, but how long should I continue before giving up? Also, if somebody can confirm what I said in the first paragraph, that would be great.

It is a normal routine for me to retrain my players to other positions. LB to STs, AMC to CBs etc. For my Strikerless team, I typically convert my STs to AMCs (Shadow Striker).

You will just have to retrain them and make sure they are on 100% focus (meaning no other special training) and you need to play them in that position, even if they are not yet capable (Red, Orange, Yellow rating).

Eventually, you will get a notification on their development, first to Accomplished, then after more games, to Natural. Once Natural, it will stay that way (unlike older FMs).

Note that player Adaptability rating also influences the speed to training.

I have now been training my naturally accomplished player at AMC, in that position, for more than 4 months, and also have been using him in that position in matches all the time. And he is still not natural. I am assuming that he is a versatile player, because he already has 2 naturally natural positions, and multiple naturally accomplished positions. So, what am I missing? How long am I supposed to wait before giving up on it? I remember that in previous versions whenever I tried it (although rarely), it would happen fairly quick for an accomplished player to become natural.

I have a M who is 21 yrs old that is ineffectual as a Raumdeuter but i rather have him playas that then a defensive midfielder... With me playing him as a Raumdeuter how long does it take for him to learn that position in the tactic

Now after more than 1 whole season of training for the new position and playing in that position in most matches, the player I mentioned before still is where he started, which is naturally accomplished. If it didn't happen until now, should I assume it will never happen, and just give up? I wish there was an indication, such as my coaches telling me he is not versatile enough, so don't even bother, or something like that.

Im having the exact same issue - you definitely do need to play people in positions for them to become natural but it seems like a lot more players will just never became natural no matter how many years they are trained and played in a position.

Which is annoying as the only decent regens in my games are strikers and wingers..im relatively sure its bugged in some way or another but its difficult to get enough information from just one game (though i am in 2028 so we are talking players not becoming natural in positions after having played in them for their entire careers pretty much).

My experience is that if they do not move on within a season they never will (should also be said that this limitation has mostly applied to regens - havent had huge issues training players from the original DB though I didnt retrain many of them)

It all depends on the players versatility attribute...but to be fair the difference between natural and accomplished is not huge. If the attributes fit then just play them.

Aware of all the various things that can feed into it but its definitely changed this version for example (using the editor to look at hidden attributes)

Brazilian right Wing back (regen) with versatility of 13 - been trained at DR for 6 years - been playing consistently 20+ games at right back for 6 years with ratings over 7.5 every year who is still no more than competent in the role.

Italian Winger/amc/striker (regen) again with versatility of 13 - been trained at MC for 8 years again with 20+ games at ratings over 7.5 per year. Gained accomplished in MC within 3 months - has never moved onto natural.

Martin Odeegard - versatility of 14 - gained natural in MC after 2 or so months of training. Neither of those regens would of had any issue gaining natural in the positions in previous versions