APEX PREDATOR for 15.2. League = 102 points, 118 Goals.... playing 442

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would you consider adding some PPM's that might work well with each role?

Also thanks for this formation, I won the EURO cup the 2nd year with Twente with this formation and won the league years 2-4. I eventually had to sell all my stars this year(Year 5) to England because my morale was so poor I was almost getting fired every year.

Mr U, have you tried any role changes with the 2 BWM's, im considering possibly changing the support one to a DLP or even AP but both on support i know primarily that the role of the BWM is too win the ball and start the attack, however my two BWM ratings all the lowest of all the team and actually very rarely get involved with the attacks or even breaking plays up, any suggestions?

Mr U, have you tried any role changes with the 2 BWM's, im considering possibly changing the support one to a DLP or even AP but both on support i know primarily that the role of the BWM is too win the ball and start the attack, however my two BWM ratings all the lowest of all the team and actually very rarely get involved with the attacks or even breaking plays up, any suggestions?

Not really, i think as long as you kept the duties the same you could play around a bit and not mess things up. DLP could be nice.

Not really, i think as long as you kept the duties the same you could play around a bit and not mess things up. DLP could be nice.

ill give it a bash and let you know my results, ill try with the DLP

I moved one into a DLP s, when they the ball the bwm-D tends to sit in the back four and the other drifts above the centre circle giving a nice diamond, and dropped back to a flat 2 when chasing play.

More feedback Mr Rosler, here's the league table of my first season in the Premier League with Nottingham Forest. Overall an incredible season really, beat Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool & Man City away and some cracking home wins too. Britt Assombalonga winning the golden boot.

For the next season I'm thinking of changing from 'Fluid' to 'Flexible' to try and shore up the defence a bit, what do you reckon? I use ATP Control mainly but sometimes Counter if a tough away game (works a treat) and Attacking when really chasing a game (hardly ever used tbh)

ScreenShot2015-01-18at183005_zps92a30487.jpg

This new season is going ridiculously well so far neymar has 14 goals in 9 games and 15 assists and munir has 13 goals in 7 games and 2 assists de gea hasnt conceeded a goal in 8 games i think this season may be a complete domination ill post some screenshots sometime over the next couple of days oh yeah and odegaard has 19 assists from 9 games from rm

More feedback Mr Rosler, here's the league table of my first season in the Premier League with Nottingham Forest. Overall an incredible season really, beat Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool & Man City away and some cracking home wins too. Britt Assombalonga winning the golden boot.

For the next season I'm thinking of changing from 'Fluid' to 'Flexible' to try and shore up the defence a bit, what do you reckon? I use ATP Control mainly but sometimes Counter if a tough away game (works a treat) and Attacking when really chasing a game (hardly ever used tbh)

ScreenShot2015-01-18at183005_zps92a30487.jpg

I'd leave it as it is. Any improvement you now need can come from improving your squad, you'll get shed loads of cash for finishing 3rd and a load more from champions league.

Improving the team should increase the goal difference, scoring more, conceding less just based on player quality.

I'd leave it as it is. Any improvement you now need can come from improving your squad, you'll get shed loads of cash for finishing 3rd and a load more from champions league.

Improving the team should increase the goal difference, scoring more, conceding less just based on player quality.

Cool, thanks man, will do. Have bought in Ramires from Chelsea as the BWN/D and Tiago Ilori (CD/C) from Liverpool. Luckily (for me) Southampton were relegated so I picked up Ward-Prowse & Steven Davis & also Harry Maguire from Hull & Podolski.

Bit of a mish mash of younger talent & experience. Victor Valdes is a rock in goal too.

Thanks for your help dude.

Cool, thanks man, will do. Have bought in Ramires from Chelsea as the BWN/D and Tiago Ilori (CD/C) from Liverpool. Luckily (for me) Southampton were relegated so I picked up Ward-Prowse & Steven Davis & also Harry Maguire from Hull & Podolski.

Bit of a mish mash of younger talent & experience. Victor Valdes is a rock in goal too.

Thanks for your help dude.

Ramires will leave you very exposed in midfield since he has the "gets forward whenever possible" PPM. Don't play him as the BWM/D.

As far as the Complete Forward position, in most teams at lower leagues its really hard to find strikers who have a decent star rating as a complete forward, plenty may be really good in either defensive forward, false 9 or target man, would you change the role in the tactic to there best role or leave them set as complete forward

As far as the Complete Forward position, in most teams at lower leagues its really hard to find strikers who have a decent star rating as a complete forward, plenty may be really good in either defensive forward, false 9 or target man, would you change the role in the tactic to there best role or leave them set as complete forward

I'd leave it, 'Complete Forward' is a set of instructions/behaviours you would like your player to follow NOT a description of the player HIMSELF. (As you clearly wont find any in the lower leagues)

i'd keep in mind the key attributes listed for the CF which should help you get the right type of Striker, although you might not have much choice down there.

Hello Mr Rosler,

Here's a screenie of my results so far in my 3rd season, scoring for fun but still conceding a lot.. more so than last season actually. Not moaning at all as still playing well.

ScreenShot2015-01-20at194311_zpsbcc9cc60.jpg

Here is my usual back 5.. as you can see, everyone has an average rating of over 7.

ScreenShot2015-01-20at194656_zpsf0158e45.jpg

An update for you all.

My second season half time unofficial report is that I am conceding way too many goals. When I win I win Newcastle style (circa 1994) 4-3, 5-3, 5-4. When I lose I lose heavily, just lost 5-0 away too Stoke. Very frustrating but I do still need to remind myself that I am newly promoted. I will share the final results when I get there still got half a season to go.

I'm p possibly slightly tainted in my opinion as I was 3rd in the league only 7 games ago and no 14th. Very frustrating.

An update for you all.

My second season half time unofficial report is that I am conceding way too many goals. When I win I win Newcastle style (circa 1994) 4-3, 5-3, 5-4. When I lose I lose heavily, just lost 5-0 away too Stoke. Very frustrating but I do still need to remind myself that I am newly promoted. I will share the final results when I get there still got half a season to go.

I'm p possibly slightly tainted in my opinion as I was 3rd in the league only 7 games ago and no 14th. Very frustrating.

Sounds similar to what is happening to me as well dude. Finished 3rd in first season in the Prem with Forest so can't complain really.. also qualified for the knockout round in the Champions League too.

Have been playing this formation with Tottenham Hotspur, strangest thing for me is ive lost 5 games at home in the league, after 11 home games. Using Control and Attacking formations. Apart from that, im 3rd after 22 games, 10 points behind Man United.

I need a plan B for when im really loosing these matches, seems there is no way to turn it around unless switching to another tactic.

After 22 games, I have drawn 1, won 15. Lost 5 at home, all reasonably close games but when I loose I dont seem to score, but loose 1-0 or 2-0 at home and get smacked if away from home.

Hope to get to the end of the first season with my Spurs save and be able to analyse what I need to change.

I dont think anyone has 'blatantly' ignored you, i just dont think anyone on here can assist therefore have not been able to answer. Sorry that you feel ignored, its not intentional!

Asking twice that can someone please upload it to an alternative host is not much to ask is it? at least an answer will be better than just keep posting without acknowledging me.

Anyway, here - if it helps I will post the links to alternative hosts!

- http://zippyshare.com/

- https://mega.co.nz/

- http://sharemods.com/

So if someone can please just upload it, and I thank you in advance for doing so.

:)

Asking twice that can someone please upload it to an alternative host is not much to ask is it? at least an answer will be better than just keep posting without acknowledging me.

Anyway, here - if it helps I will post the links to alternative hosts!

- http://zippyshare.com/

- https://mega.co.nz/

- http://sharemods.com/

So if someone can please just upload it, and I thank you in advance for doing so.

:)

Here you go...

http://www20.zippyshare.com/v/CfhxwCW5/file.html

i now blatently await darkXess to thank mr rosler!!!

im seeing games out really well when winning by switching to structured,no offside but drop deeper.

my fullbacks hold position far better and teams just cant launch pass over top.

i have to say mr rosler this is by far the best tactic ive used for many years.the balance of the team

going forward and defending is a pleasure to watch.great work mr r.

ok so i switched my BWM support to DLP support and i didnt really get the results, alot of draws, as soon as i switched back the BWM support the results began to flow, maybe im doing something wrong, i didnt have any position instructions on and i didnt want to use the same as BWM

ok so i switched my BWM support to DLP support and i didnt really get the results, alot of draws, as soon as i switched back the BWM support the results began to flow, maybe im doing something wrong, i didnt have any position instructions on and i didnt want to use the same as BWM

ignore me in comparision with last season ive scored more and conceded less so it does work changing the right BWM to DLP and leaving it on support

These are my results from 20 games after changing from Fluid to Flexible. Has worked wonders. Couldn't buy a clean sheet beforehand, highly recommended.

P 20 W 16 D 3 L 1 F 51 A 14 & 10 clean sheets

Screen%20Shot%202015-01-24%20at%2015.45.00_zpsfpdqgzpt.jpg

any screenshots of your team pal

Bit of an update for Mr Rosler and anyone else interested in this tactic. Started season two with Leeds in the Premier League following our previous seasons promotion. Not much money from the board but invested most of it in Connor Wickham and the rest on a keeper and centre back. Started the season with lots of friendlies against poor teams to gain moral and tactical fluidity as soon as possible.

Started with two hard games but quickly rose up the league peaking in third. Then the plummet.

Resultspart1.png

Resultspart2.png

Went on a horrific run of games simply not able to get anything going. Morale was rock bottom and I was looking at a relegation battle. But then in March we beat Spurs and went on a huge run only losing one match and winning the rest to finish comfortably mid table.

LeagueTable.png

Byron getting PFA Young Player of the Year and White got goal of the year.

Teamratings.png

Looking at the stats this team and tactic has been excellent going forward but poor at the back.

Goals.png

Conceded.png

Pre season will be about getting rid of some of the aging players and improving the quality of the first eleven.

Testing with Man United. Great so far but tend to lose away games to any size of team and is preventing me from really pushing to win trophies. Any tweaks or idea's on this? I have read a bit on the defence being a bit shaky and was wondering if anyone was having the same problem or had some sort of solution? I play every game with attacking wide mid fielders but not sure if having more defensive minded players in this position would resolve this. Any reply would be great thanks :)

Testing with Man United. Great so far but tend to lose away games to any size of team and is preventing me from really pushing to win trophies. Any tweaks or idea's on this? I have read a bit on the defence being a bit shaky and was wondering if anyone was having the same problem or had some sort of solution? I play every game with attacking wide mid fielders but not sure if having more defensive minded players in this position would resolve this. Any reply would be great thanks :)

I have had some good success with Predator spread over three seasons. However, I did find that clean sheets were a little rare. I'm not sure if it may be due to the AI, perhaps someone may know more or better.

I have no hard evidence to back this up but I found that using @kirky.66 advice "when winning by switching to structured,no offside but drop deeper." worked well for me.

I have no hard evidence to back this up but I found that using @kirky.66 advice "when winning by switching to structured,no offside but drop deeper." worked well for me.

Thanks for the advice guys :) although it seems to be games I lose are when the opposition takes the lead first. Come to think of it, it seems like any time the opposition scores first I lose that game! Perhaps I should go more on the offensive whenever I am losing a game? Any idea's on this?

Thanks for the advice guys :) although it seems to be games I lose are when the opposition takes the lead first. Come to think of it, it seems like any time the opposition scores first I lose that game! Perhaps I should go more on the offensive whenever I am losing a game? Any idea's on this?

None from me I'm afraid other than to say stick with @MrRosler standard tactic. Try and get players that fit the description in the tactic. Morale seems to play an important role too, so try not to be too hard on players if you are on a bad run. I tend to keep my harsh team talks for when I am doing poorly at half time against weaker or equal teams.

You need play the long game, it can be easy to get frustrated when on a loosing streak. Keep at it.

Quality results with if you dont mind me saying an above average team, great job pal :)

Cheers dude, I know what you mean. I would even say just average tbh! :) Champions League quarter finalists & two 3rd place finishes in the Premier League with this lot ain't bad.

Archived