Can't fine players?

Keeper made two awful mistakes that led to us losing the game. The exact same mistake each time in fact. Ends the game with a 5.0 rating. I'm understandably mad and try to dock him a week's pay as is my norm for truly awful performances and all I could do was warn him. I haven't been on here a lot in recent weeks so I don't know whether this was a bug or it was taken out. Was it?

The discipline player option is gone for me as well(poor performance), I just know its frustrating not being able to warn/discipine my players for a bad performance, and actually talking to them seems to be so hit and miss.

It may just be selection bias, but my players seem to constantly perform 6.2's 6.3's now that i cant warn or fine them

Yep, I had a player who had a mare of a game and got a 6.0, no option to warn him and when I told him he was very poor, he questioned my managerial ability and said it was my tactcs at fault WTF he's a striker and had a stinker???

Keeper made two awful mistakes that led to us losing the game. The exact same mistake each time in fact. Ends the game with a 5.0 rating. I'm understandably mad and try to dock him a week's pay as is my norm for truly awful performances and all I could do was warn him. I haven't been on here a lot in recent weeks so I don't know whether this was a bug or it was taken out. Was it?

If you imagine that a player is the same as any other employee, there are no company discipline procedures that would allow a financial penalty for a poor performance unless it was ongoing and there had been warnings before. Use the player interaction to talk to the player and use that as the first step in the discipline procedure but use the fining option at the end of that procedure and not as the first option.

If you imagine that a player is the same as any other employee, there are no company discipline procedures that would allow a financial penalty for a poor performance unless it was ongoing and there had been warnings before.

Wouldn't this sort of thing be in the player's contract?

From what I have seen now it has been totally removed from the player screen, my player got a red card and there was no option for actually warning him there. The closest I found is the "criticise conduct"

The only way to fine/warn him was through the news message I got. Does this mean even if they play a 1.0 you can not fine/warn them? :confused:

Whilst the merits of fining a player for a more performance are worth discussion (and there is a reason they tend to be annoyed when you do it from nowhere), the fact that the option disappeared within the game likely means this is a bug. As Chief points out above, there is a thread in the bugs forum for saves to be uploaded so it can be fixed.

Archived