Emulating Marcelo Bielsa's 3-3-3-1 formation: Problem Solved

After trying for the 100th time to get this tactic in place, I can now say that I'm satisfied with the results.

chilek.jpg

Judging by this screenshot from Zonal Marking, their formation looks something like this

raufic.png

2cqie8g.png

Marcelo Bielsa always had his Wing Backs cutting in and becoming false CMs. So, I would prolly recommend you to retrain a Lucas Romero or Authuro Vidal to play that spot

The reason why I put standard instead of Attacking is because we are already attacking with a high line :D and the game cannot process this without having us killed on the counter or from crosses..so yeah.

The Results.

rkd11i.png

PPMs- Wingers should have Hugs Line and Wing Backs should have Cuts Inside

Training - preseason - Fitness/Tactics at 50%

season -Fitness/Attacking Movement at 30%

Individual Training - not really complex. Just train your guys to their role. (eg. Training your ST as a Complete Forward)

Recommended Players

GKs - De Gea, Leali, Neuer, Rulli, Krul

CBs - Phil Jones, Dan Burn, Hummels, Howedes, Evans, Balanta, Medel, De Rossi

WBs - Vidal, Romero (retrain him first!), Isla, Asamoah, Blind

DMs - Pirlo, Gerrard, Busquets, Enzo Perez, Yaya Toure

CMs - Rooney, Ander Herrera, Fabregas, Menez, Matias Fernandez

RDs - Mueller, Di Maria, Bale, Reus, Ronaldo, Mata, Pablo Hernandez, Rodrigo Gomez

Ws - Mata, Yarmolenko, Konoplyanka, Turan, Koke, Iturbe

STs - Falcao, RVP, Llorente, Icardi, Vargas, Mitrovic

So try it and see if it works out for you :)

http://speedy.sh/3Avjz/3-3-3-1-Bielsa-951C30FE-CAB0-4C91-ACD1-F2DE63FEAB11.fmf

----------------------------UPDATE 15.3-----------------------------------

TI

8JI1wA7.png

Heat Maps

H1bYaE5.png

JrLyjm7.png

Tactics

QW2NenA.png

36ciSkT.png

As you can see, I also develop another tactic that Bielsa usually uses now at OM especially when going against teams that play with two strikers.

Which tactic to use? I would go for Bielsa's rule of the thumb. If the opposition is playing with 1 or 3 forwards, play 4 at the back. If playing with 2, use 3.

http://speedy.sh/ePGpY/Jean0987654321-Bielsa-tactics.7z

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jean , u french ? :p

i'm currently trying to understand this tactic . i had some questions :

* as we want the iwbs to be false playmakers , why u have them on short passing ? u feel we lose too much posession otherwhise ?

* 3 players on attack duty ... is that why u choose for standard mentality ? i had good results with more support roles and a control mentality .

* the raumdeuter performs really in your tactic :applause:

* why a sweeper keeper when you have central defender on cover ?

are there any tweaks i could try for tougher away games ? remove be more expressive and play with a little lower dline.

also : prevent short gk distribution . doesnt that stretch our formation too much ?

great work but i'd like to make it stronger in tough away games.

peace

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Jean , u french ? :p

i'm currently trying to understand this tactic . i had some questions :

* as we want the iwbs to be false playmakers , why u have them on short passing ? u feel we lose too much posession otherwhise ?

* 3 players on attack duty ... is that why u choose for standard mentality ? i had good results with more support roles and a control mentality .

* the raumdeuter performs really in your tactic :applause:

* why a sweeper keeper when you have central defender on cover ?

are there any tweaks i could try for tougher away games ? remove be more expressive and play with a little lower dline.

also : prevent short gk distribution . doesnt that stretch our formation too much ?

great work but i'd like to make it stronger in tough away games.

peace

No, I'm American

the IWBs are false CMs, but you already have a playmaker that is spraying passes everywhere in the RP role.

Sweeper Keeper just there to help the cover guy

If you know of any tweaks, please be free to share it :)

Prevent short gk distribution just helps prevent the opposition GKs from passing it around the backline

• 1 month later...

Using the tactic with Leverkusen... so far 1 win and 2 draws.

Aachen 3-0

PSV 2-2

R.Madrid 2-2

Only preseason but i have a good feeling. 2-2 agains Real and i had over 25 shots, i lost the possession with 40-60. I really lika how the ramdeuter is preforming, i had some trouble with that role before. Im using the exact tactic but i flipped it. RD to the left and the winger to the right. Also the CM is on the left side.

Good job with this tactic.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi, I'm interested in this style of tactic and of course Bielsa himself as a master tactician. What I would like to know if anyone has a link to the tactic as the one in the opening post says its damaged and unable to download.

Archived