Sports Interactive Community
Artin

year 2017 and Manchester City gets relegated.?

It's a game fGs, once you press enter for the first time all bets are off.

Good, it's a shame it's not real and they couldn't take Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool with them.:p

Has the OP ''managed'' them at one point? And as he has chosen to manage Boro could this also explain Newcastles position?

They should get hammered by the Championship's FFP rules to.

Is Alan Pardew still at the Toon?

this can happen you ever heard of the say 'good teams can go down' there can be a number of factors, players leaving due no champions league the season before and owners pulling out due to less profit.

Getting Boro to the top 4 in 2017 isn't exactly a massive challenge to be fair...

Then that's a problem with the game, because it most definitely should be.

this can happen you ever heard of the say 'good teams can go down' there can be a number of factors, players leaving due no champions league the season before and owners pulling out due to less profit.

Except the squad looks quality, and I doubt the owners have pulled out, I dont know, but I'd rather assume that than assume they have.

It happens, I've seen them go down on 2 separate saves in 15. The ratings don't look poor enough for me though, something doesn't seem quite right anyway.

I know. The game is a bit too easy. My AFC Telford team won the league last season and although it wasn't a walk in the park getting to that stage, it had sense of inevitability about it

Looking at their player stats, it seems that they had many injuries to key players during the season. I can't see any other reason for them going down.

I've never seen them do well in a save. They average from 3rd to 5th in my current save. Seems like they don't build their squad well in FM games and their board is impatient.

That's more to do with the huge advantage the human has when it comes to transfers (and maybe the fact that the AI let's players go too cheaply). In my first 3 transfer windows in Prem I got Balanta, Roberts, Tielemans, Vallejo & a couple of others (Nouri & Quintero I think, but i'd have to check dates).

Add that to a team with 3-4 good players at game start and you have the backbone of a top 4 side no problem.

That's more to do with the huge advantage the human has when it comes to transfers (and maybe the fact that the AI let's players go too cheaply). In my first 3 transfer windows in Prem I got Balanta, Roberts, Tielemans, Vallejo & a couple of others (Nouri & Quintero I think, but i'd have to check dates).

Add that to a team with 3-4 good players at game start and you have the backbone of a top 4 side no problem.

I agree. The AI doesn't build their squad as well as human. City in my current save have built a decent squad but it has failed to compete with Man Utd and Chelsea like they do in real life.

6398b9ffb61a0a993938147bd7f18303.png

I'd say having taken over City in the middle of the second season that injuries will play a massive part in their success or lack thereof. Aguero & David Silva in particular are made of glass. Also injury prone are: Jovetic, Dzeko, Yaya and Navas. Losing those kinds of players for huge swathes of a season will have an impact, especially if, like the AI, you're unable to build an efficient and well rounded squad.

I agree. The AI doesn't build their squad as well as human. City in my current save have built a decent squad but it has failed to compete with Man Utd and Chelsea like they do in real life.

I personally think the AI has got a lot better at building squads, but you are right. The issue for me is that some players are let go far too cheap, and as a result of clubs building squads better, inevitably other players become available (either through transfer list or unhappiness).

I'd say having taken over City in the middle of the second season that injuries will play a massive part in their success or lack thereof. Aguero & David Silva in particular are made of glass. Also injury prone are: Jovetic, Dzeko, Yaya and Navas. Losing those kinds of players for huge swathes of a season will have an impact, especially if, like the AI, you're unable to build an efficient and well rounded squad.

Every club has injury prone players so it's hardly an excuse.

Considering AI managers have more hidden attributes and tendencies unlike us, their methods of squad building really should be better.

I personally think the AI has got a lot better at building squads, but you are right. The issue for me is that some players are let go far too cheap, and as a result of clubs building squads better, inevitably other players become available (either through transfer list or unhappiness).

Well, when I looked at City's transfer history it did seem fairly realistic. They spend a lot of money and get in good players, yet in all my 6 seasons I've never worried about going to the Etihad.

AI man management could definitely be improved. I often take a look at a team and there tends to be a lot of players in need of rest. There's an AI tendency to use young players in low priority cups and I have never seen this actually happen.

lol happens. bad manager, tactics or something. look at moyes. afterall its some years on so all bets are off. good teams can falter and weak teams rise. true to life.

only way to avoid a giant going down relatively early would be some form of scripting and we DO NOT WANT THAT.

refreshing imo.

Most are too young to remember Nottingham Forest getting relegated. All my mates, one especially, swore they would not get relegated - guess what? It happened, they are still in the Championship now... Sadly.

They were still a good club back then. In other words, anything can happen.

Most are too young to remember Nottingham Forest getting relegated. All my mates, one especially, swore they would not get relegated - guess what? It happened, they are still in the Championship now... Sadly.

They were still a good club back then. In other words, anything can happen.

Nottingham Forest of 1999 should be in no way compared to a Man City team of 2017 that won the title 3 years earlier. A simply ridiculous comparison.

Ok I can't remember off the top of my head what team it was but there was a team that won the title and then were relegated the following season.

Ok I can't remember off the top of my head what team it was but there was a team that won the title and then were relegated the following season.

Nearly happened to Leeds in 1993. 1992 won the title, 1993 finished 17th, 2 points of relegation.

Nearly happened to Leeds in 1993. 1992 won the title, 1993 finished 17th, 2 points of relegation.

I know it wasnt the next season, but Blackburn only lasted 2-3 years i think after winning the title in 95 if i recall correctly

That Middlesbrough team has got to be a fix. Over 80 goals and 4th position?

Naaaaaaa.

You've seen the goals against column though?

Atletico won the double and got relegated next season (4 yrs later actually, mistake) with an insane squad, probably better than the squad that won the double.

But the chairman's shenanigans (Jesús Gil) played a part in that.

@CFuller yeah you are right, idk I had the idea it was the season after. It's been 20 yrs already, my memory isn't the same anymore :(

Atletico won the double and got relegated next season with an insane squad, probably better than the squad that won the double.

But the chairman's shenanigans (Jesús Gil) played a part in that.

Not quite. Atletico Madrid won the double in 1996, but weren't relegated until four years later.

The money differential between Man City and 99% of the other English teams would prevent this from being possible outside of a game environment. I can understand Tottenham, Newcastle, Aston Villa, etc. getting relegated, but Man City is miles ahead of them financially. Now if Man City started bleeding money then the situation would be different, but their modern day resource advantage prevents them from sinking to 33 points.

1992-93 was a funny season I recall. First season with the backpass law. Both Arsenal and Liverpool finished 10 or less points above relegation and it was Palace who were relegated with 49 points which MIGHT be the highest number of points scored by a relegated Premier League team

Nottingham Forest of 1999 should be in no way compared to a Man City team of 2017 that won the title 3 years earlier. A simply ridiculous comparison.

They might be on about the 1992-93 Forest side who were relegated in what turned out to be Brian Clough's last season. They should never have gone down that season.

Has the clubs board changed at all?

The money differential between Man City and 99% of the other English teams would prevent this from being possible outside of a game environment. I can understand Tottenham, Newcastle, Aston Villa, etc. getting relegated, but Man City is miles ahead of them financially. Now if Man City started bleeding money then the situation would be different, but their modern day resource advantage prevents them from sinking to 33 points.

Well yeah mainly down to their sugar daddy owners.

Out of curiosity when did they sack the manager. This for me would be the key difference, if they we're anything close to the bottom in Oct / November, they would sack whomever was in charge and pay the earth for a new man.