Lucas

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators
why should WE do something???

why should WE look inside XML???

why should WE resolve this problem???

i have payd 50 EUROS (!!!!!) for this ****ing game, and now YOU (SI) telling me that i have to do this and that so i get my game working properly????

you got to be kidding me

this latest update was made available by YOU (SI), so you should resolve this with another update.

hope to get it soon.

Calm down with the tone please. We've responded with a workaround for the issue, you can still use the default skins or wait for an update from the skin creators if they update the skins themselves. If this is on Steam Workshop then you won't need to do a thing.

You don't have to.

These are skins made by fellow fans and players.

If you're not a creator of a skin then all you have to do is wait for an update by the creator of the skin you're using,

or stick with the skin that is officially supported. The one that comes with the game.

If you are a creator then i can definitely see why you would be annoyed by it, but it's something you just have to deal with, unfortunately.

As frustrating as it is, it really isn't SI's problem.

It's the skin creator's problem.

yep...that might be a way to SI to run away from the problem, but, since the update ALL GFX got a problem...

i keep seeing people complaining about skin and kits...and even the oficial 3d kits that cames with the game, are not showing

so, YES, this is a SI problem and SI should resolve it.

yep...that might be a way to SI to run away from the problem, but, since the update ALL GFX got a problem...

i keep seeing people complaining about skin and kits...and even the oficial 3d kits that cames with the game, are not showing

so, YES, this is a SI problem and SI should resolve it.

If they've "broken" official stuff then that's something that definitely should be fixed. and i'm sure they will.

I have not noticed anything, yet, apart from the skins issue.

Definitely not saying there aren't any issues.

But with those that do exist they will probably be better off in the feedback thread, or the bugs forum.

Essentially, SI are making a product with their ideas of what it should be.

Then they are letting the community alter some of them by voluntarily creating their own stuff.

The only thing SI should do is getting the product to the standards they set for themselves.

If that includes the custom skins problem and the other GFX problems then they will be fixed.

Step-by-Step guide for fixing non-workshop skins to work in FM 15.2

- Browse to the skins folder in your Saving Location.

- Locate the folder of the skin you are wanting to update, now open the folder for the skin you are wanting to update, for this example we will be editing the Dark Base Skin 2015 so locate this folder: base_dark2015.

- Inside the folder open the <skin name>.xml file, in this case called base_dark2015.xml

- In the xml file paste the following code into the file on the line below the name line (to make things easier):

<string id="skin_name" value="<SKIN_NAME>" />

- Now in Windows select the base_dark2015.xml file and right-click on it and select rename.

- Now with the name of the file selected copy it, in this example you should have copied the text 'base_dark2015'

- Now in the xml file on the line you pasted in before replace the <SKIN_NAME> bit with the text you have just pasted, so the line looks like this:

<string id="skin_name" value="base_dark2015" />

If done correct the middle bit of the xml file should now look a bit like this:

<!-- skin details - most of these are intentionally not translated -->

<string id="name" value="Dark Base Skin 2015" />

<string id="author" value="michaeltmurrayuk" />

Save and close the file.

- Now rename the base_dark2015.xml file to skin_config.xml

- The contents of the folder for your skin should now look something like this:

fm15.2_skinfolder.jpg

- Now load up FM and your skin should be selectable in the dropdown menu, if not turn off the skin cache and reload the current skin then reenter the preferences menu and look again.

- If you are using a Steam Workshop skin you will need to wait for the skinner to update the files for you, the Workshop should automatically update your skin once the skinner has fixed it.

- If applying for other skins replace the <skin name> and base_dark2015 bits with the name of the folder and xml file for the skin you are using, so if you are using the Dark Match Highlights Skin the skin name you want to use is 'ibh_dark2015' which is the name of the skins folder and xml file.

i have payd 50 EUROS (!!!!!) for this ****ing game, and now YOU (SI) telling me that i have to do this and that so i get my game working properly????

you got to be kidding me

this latest update was made available by YOU (SI), so you should resolve this with another update.

hope to get it soon.

You paid for the game, not for the skins that the community is doing and they are not included with the game. You don't have to look inside any XML or change anything because you don't have to use any community made skins either and the default skin works just fine. I'm as much annoyed about this as anyone else, but I don't see why SI should resolve something that they have not created.

Changed the .xml code, skin shows up in dropdown menu, but nothing happens after selecting it, the game just resets back to the default one. Using Unofficial Dark Skin, cleared cache within the game, also deleted Caches folder in appdata folder on C: hard drive, but nothing happens...

Anyone with the solution??

Changed the .xml code, skin shows up in dropdown menu, but nothing happens after selecting it, the game just resets back to the default one. Using Unofficial Dark Skin, cleared cache within the game, also deleted Caches folder in appdata folder on C: hard drive, but nothing happens...

Anyone with the solution??

Make sure both these lines are in:

<string id="name" value="Dark Base Skin 2015" />

Does anyone have any ideas why my skin (an edited version of Drakestone's Venia Light) has gone from looking like this:

Burntisland_Profile_zpscedca8e5.png

to this:

Untitled_zps2dee62d4.png

And what do I need to do to fix it?

Thanks for any help!

Any ideas for this ? Do we have to change the colours ourselves ?

Can you explain me why the command colour name="menu_highlight" is not working anymore after the patch? The underline below the active view at top of the screen is back to default green. It's the same with every skin since the update... If you change such things could you at least let us know... Here's a screen shot of what I mean. It should be orange:

Squad_Players_Players.jpg

It's controlled by a different line of code in the patch (which is actually better), paste the following code into the settings\<skin name> settings.xml file for your skin:

<!-- Tab -->

<colour name="selected_tab_highlight" red="60" green="153" blue="116"/> <!-- Used to indicate which tab is selected -->

And then adjust the rgb values to suit

It's controlled by a different line of code in the patch (which is actually better), paste the following code into the settings\<skin name> settings.xml file for your skin:

<!-- Tab -->

<colour name="selected_tab_highlight" red="60" green="153" blue="116"/> <!-- Used to indicate which tab is selected -->

I disagree, unless there's a way to have it the same way it used to be. I don't want the text of the highlighted tab to be coloured. Oh well got to do some research tomorrow and see if there's a workaround while I have to fix couple of other things too.

you got to be kidding me

hope to get it soon.

Spot on, abysmal that even the provided kits don't work in the 3D match engine.

it works if you do what roykela says as below

1: Change the config file name to skin_config.xml

2: Make sure both these strings are in

string id="name" value="Insert name of skin here" /

string id="skin_name" value="Insert name of skin here" /

With < before string id and > at the end of the line.

I clicked on the skin on the interface section and reloaded the game after thinking i'd done it right and the screen went fully black so i force quit the game. My Fm is now stuck on the loading screen.

http://gyazo.com/348b892de919d579504fecb4af142911

Dont know if its because ive added other parts to the skin (Match screen kits mod for example)

Or is there something wrong with this...

http://gyazo.com/bb17ad9e19451555fccf5f906a1bb3a6

Love buying a game and then having to have programming knowledge to fix it every couple of weeks because it's been released unfinished. Back to FM14, I guess, at least the skins work on it.

I'm having skin troubles too, but uh... these are custom skins. The default SI skin works just fine.

Anway, not sure what I'm doing wrong here:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>

<record>

<!--

============================================================

Basic Skin Details

The commands in this file are only used to describe the skin.

Settings should be placed in the file "skins/<skin>/settings/<skin> settings.xml",

where <skin> is the name of the skin.

$DateTime: 2013/10/09 17:09:29 $

-->

<!-- skin name, author etc -->

<string id="name" value="FM15 Unofficial Dark Skin" />

<string id="author" value="MurChupKampSantArtS8" />

<translation id="description" translation_id="249669" type="use" value="FM15 Community Dark Skin " />

<string id="version" value="15.2.0” />

<flags id="parent" value="fm dark-widgets" />

<!--

Minimum game version this skin requires to be valid, and listed as an option in the list of skins .

This is used for two things:

- First of all you can force a sking to only be availble for a minimum minor release (ie patch), in other words

setting the required_version to 7.0.1 makes sure the skin won't be listed if the game is in version 7.0.0.

- Secondly, the first number ("major version") is used to decide which version the skin was designed for,

so if the version is "7.0.0" it won't be listed in the list of skins if the game version is "6.0.0." or "8.0.0",

even though 7 is less than 8.

-->

<string id="required_version" value="15.2.0” />

<string id=“skin_name" value="FM15 Unofficial Dark Skin" />

</record>

<!-- Tab -->

Any idea where to place this if the skin does not have a settings.xml? I downloaded a very basic mod of the original skin and have added some things along the way.

I'm having skin troubles too, but uh... these are custom skins. The default SI skin works just fine.

Anway, not sure what I'm doing wrong here:

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>

<record>

<!--

Basic Skin Details

The commands in this file are only used to describe the skin.

Settings should be placed in the file "skins/<skin>/settings/<skin> settings.xml",

where <skin> is the name of the skin.

$DateTime: 2013/10/09 17:09:29 $

-->

<!-- skin name, author etc -->

<string id="name" value="FM15 Unofficial Dark Skin" />

<string id="author" value="MurChupKampSantArtS8" />

<translation id="description" translation_id="249669" type="use" value="FM15 Community Dark Skin " />

<string id="version" value="15.2.0” />

<flags id="parent" value="fm dark-widgets" />

<!--

Minimum game version this skin requires to be valid, and listed as an option in the list of skins .

This is used for two things:

- First of all you can force a sking to only be availble for a minimum minor release (ie patch), in other words

setting the required_version to 7.0.1 makes sure the skin won't be listed if the game is in version 7.0.0.

- Secondly, the first number ("major version") is used to decide which version the skin was designed for,

so if the version is "7.0.0" it won't be listed in the list of skins if the game version is "6.0.0." or "8.0.0",

even though 7 is less than 8.

-->

<string id="required_version" value="15.2.0” />

<string id=“skin_name" value="FM15 Unofficial Dark Skin" />

</record>

Have you changed the name of the config file to skin_config.xml?

I agree 100 % with that guy.

me to. I cant understand what I need to do (maybe im just stupid) could a video of how to do this be made please have any of the creators updated the skins to work with 15.2? if so can a link be posted . I can't play until the skins are updated to work with 15.2 as I can't stand the default one

Please can people try to exercise some civility in this thread?

I can understand peoples' frustrations that this has happened, but those frustrations are occasionally spilling over into really basic, bad manners. SI have provided a guide as to how to workaround the issue, and any skins sourced from the Steam Workshop will automatically update as / when the creators apply the fixes detailed. There are also members of the community actively helping to resolve individuals' problems.

It's not a great situation, but there's no need to overreact in the way that some people have been.

Okay so i followed the original instructions as so many of us did, to no avail.

i finally got it to work by just renaming the xml file 'skin_config' instead of 'skin_config.xml' as per the instructions

i know have this working, using the Scorpio skin

I clicked on the skin on the interface section and reloaded the game after thinking i'd done it right and the screen went fully black so i force quit the game. My Fm is now stuck on the loading screen.

http://gyazo.com/348b892de919d579504fecb4af142911

Dont know if its because ive added other parts to the skin (Match screen kits mod for example)

Or is there something wrong with this...

http://gyazo.com/bb17ad9e19451555fccf5f906a1bb3a6

Try moving the code further up the file it might need to be above the version code, if it still doesn't work then download the updated base skin and copy over your edited files.

Any idea where to place this if the skin does not have a settings.xml? I downloaded a very basic mod of the original skin and have added some things along the way.

create a file called '<skin name> settings.xml' in the settings folder of your skin, where <skin name> is the folder name of the skin you are using.

Then paste this code into the file:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<properties version="1.0">

<!-- Tab -->

</properties>

And adjust the rgb values to suit.

Archived