Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.2.1

Something seriously needs to be done about players asking to leave clubs after i reject the first bid. Like I just made a new game with Sassuolo to test out my new tactic and I'm not even 5 minutes into the game Berrardi, Vrsaljko, Zaza, Sansone and Consigli already asked for me to sell them. It's impossible to play with smaller teams that have any young talents. Obviously I'm not going to sell them because I can't find any decent players to replace them and they're running my morale into the ground without me even playing a single game.

I'm pretty sure, infact positive, interactions and player unhappiness have been looked at for the patch which is due

i hope so. i came in to post that there are far too many players come to you moaning. waaaay too many

Is the data update out yet? I cant check ıt on steam

Yeah, it is. Did you miss the massive unveiling with all the lions and fireworks and massive effigies of the forum moderators? Shame, was quite a show.

Yeah, it is. Did you miss the massive unveiling with all the lions and fireworks and massive effigies of the forum moderators? Shame, was quite a show.

????????

????????

That's his funny way of saying..........NO

You will know when the update is out as this thread will be closed.

If an update is released, it will be announced on the forum.

Whenever someone asks if the update is out or when is it going to be out we add an hour to the release clock.

Having a quick scan through this thread it looks like around the 17th of July then .......

Having a quick scan through this thread it looks like around the 17th of July then .......

Which year?

Whenever someone asks if the update is out or when is it going to be out we add an hour to the release clock.

So is the update out than?

So is the update out than?

No and there's no date set for it. It'll be out when it's out. When it is, it will be announced.

No announcements have been made, so no update yet.

Something seriously needs to be done about players asking to leave clubs after i reject the first bid. Like I just made a new game with Sassuolo to test out my new tactic and I'm not even 5 minutes into the game Berrardi, Vrsaljko, Zaza, Sansone and Consigli already asked for me to sell them. It's impossible to play with smaller teams that have any young talents. Obviously I'm not going to sell them because I can't find any decent players to replace them and they're running my morale into the ground without me even playing a single game.

Couldn't disagree more. It used to be far too easy to keep your best players as a small club and quickly build a quality team way beyond the resources and reputation of the club. It still is tbh, but at least now you have a realistic challenge. It is possible to hang on to these players as well. You can buy time until the end of the transfer window by negotiating endlessly with the clubs trying to buy them, then the clubs back off and after the transfer window shuts the player should calm down. A club like Sassuolo is not going to hold on to those types of players for long unless the qualify for Europe or something, and certainly in real life Berardi, Zaza and Vrsaljko are as good as gone in the summer. Then it's up to you to replace them and start building again, which is always possible and exactly the way it should be.

Couldn't disagree more. It used to be far too easy to keep your best players as a small club and quickly build a quality team way beyond the resources and reputation of the club. It still is tbh, but at least now you have a realistic challenge. It is possible to hang on to these players as well. You can buy time until the end of the transfer window by negotiating endlessly with the clubs trying to buy them, then the clubs back off and after the transfer window shuts the player should calm down. A club like Sassuolo is not going to hold on to those types of players for long unless the qualify for Europe or something, and certainly in real life Berardi, Zaza and Vrsaljko are as good as gone in the summer. Then it's up to you to replace them and start building again, which is always possible and exactly the way it should be.

In this particular example, Vrsaljko and Consigli just joined Sassuolo, while Berardi and Zaza just signed a new contract, so unless RvN holidayed through the first season I'd say it's a bit exaggerated for them to ask to leave "5 minutes into the game".

In this particular example, Vrsaljko and Consigli just joined Sassuolo, while Berardi and Zaza just signed a new contract, so unless RvN holidayed through the first season I'd say it's a bit exaggerated for them to ask to leave "5 minutes into the game".

No, i just started a new game in the current season without any holidaying what so ever.

I'd like to see a screenshot from that. Especially about Vrasalko and Consigli I have doubts, as it's near impossible to have a newly joined player wanting to leave after a couple of days.

Zaza and Berardi are possible, as they are much above the (database) level of Sassuolo. So if they renewed in real life they must have reasons for that, I suppose it's a big pay rise and possible a release clause. So don't overestimate a contract reneweal: In my favourite club Fiorentina IRL Juan Cuadrado renewed his contract just 2 months before being sold to Chelsea.

Also bear in mind, that in game they usually don't state that they want to leave, but that they want an offer from a certain club accepted IF such an offer appears. It's certainly fair to think that Zaza or Berardi would say in real life ("If Juventus / Roma (or whoever it was) make an offer, I want to leave. Otherwise I'll happily stay"). Media just doen'st get to know these conversations.

EDIT: Oh and what about RvN's manager reputation? If it is too low it can have serious consequences on all those things

then, it comes out next year.

then, it comes out next year.

The next version currently stands at FM2019

With respect (actually, not with that much respect given that you've shown none in return) I think people who have paid good money for a game which essentially doesn't work properly are entitled to ask when they'll start getting their money's worth.

With respect (actually, not with that much respect given that you've shown none in return) I think people who have paid good money for a game which essentially doesn't work properly are entitled to ask when they'll start getting their money's worth.

I think you would be well advised to:

i) Take note of Alex's excellent contribution in a couple of threads lately before accusing him of lacking respect

ii) Try to detect "humour" in posts before overreacting

iii) Research the definition of the phrase "doesn't work properly"

I think you would be well advised to:

i) Take note of Alex's excellent contribution in a couple of threads lately before accusing him of lacking respect

ii) Try to detect "humour" in posts before overreacting

iii) Research the definition of the phrase "doesn't work properly"

Is it respectful, or even in any way wise, for someone with a position of authority on here to antagonise those asking when a release date is coming? Presumably these are people who are already frustrated with the game, hence their questions about the timing of the update.

It's not an over-reaction at all - I can understand that it might be irritating to have the same questions asked often, but that comes with the territory of being given a position of authority on these forums. It isn't much to ask to simply answer the question, let alone avoid annoying people who are already annoyed.

The game doesn't work properly. I'm nowhere near as frustrated with it as some people on here have been - in fact in a number of threads I've defended the game where people have made complaints that are clearly down to user error rather than a fault with the game. With that said, it doesn't work properly. The match engine is fundamentally flawed.

So yeah...maybe he was making a joke. Maybe this seems like an over-reaction to you. But do you at least see how it might be frustrating to people who are waiting for the updates that make the game playable, to see an authority figure basically taking the **** out of them?

I see you are new here Siobri so I take it that is why you are going down this path.

It is a shame you chose Alex though as he is the most active poster from SI and goes out of his way to answer peoples questions time and again.

Just to add that no-one knows when the update will happen, I would wager no-one at SI even knows when it will be ready, it gets said time and again and that is why we have a bit of fun with it now.

I see you are new here Siobri so I take it that is why you are going down this path.

It is a shame you chose Alex though as he is the most active poster from SI and goes out of his way to answer peoples questions time and again.

Perhaps he is. But that's sort of the point, isn't it - I don't know him from Adam, I don't know if he's messing around, all I see is a moderator making fun of people who are rightly frustrated with the current version of the game. From what people have said, he probably wasn't deliberately trying to annoy people, but if that's how it comes across then it's not helpful.

As for the second sentence...that's all that needs to be said. We don't know, sorry. If there is no confirmed date, that's frustrating but reasonable enough, they don't want to rush it. If the moderators say that when asked, there's no issue.

Just to add that no-one knows when the update will happen, I would wager no-one at SI even knows when it will be ready, it gets said time and again and that is why we have a bit of fun with it now.

Pretty much this. At some point people surely must work this out. It's the same every single update.

Attacking midfielders with Attack duty don't return in defense enough, is it a known issue and going to be addressed in the next patch? Particularly central ones, wide ones were like this from the beginning of time.

P.S. Please restrain from recommending support duty.

Perhaps he is. But that's sort of the point, isn't it - I don't know him from Adam, I don't know if he's messing around, all I see is a moderator making fun of people who are rightly frustrated with the current version of the game. From what people have said, he probably wasn't deliberately trying to annoy people, but if that's how it comes across then it's not helpful.

As for the second sentence...that's all that needs to be said. We don't know, sorry. If there is no confirmed date, that's frustrating but reasonable enough, they don't want to rush it. If the moderators say that when asked, there's no issue.

We do. All the time. To the point it's pretty much an in joke to most people on the forum.

It has been said many times in this thread though, that is basically why people do have fun with it now, been that way for years.

We do. All the time. To the point it's pretty much an in joke to most people on the forum.

What about the people that aren't in on the joke, and just see their frustrations being mocked?

It has been said many times in this thread though, that is basically why people do have fun with it now, been that way for years.

I'm convinced people are seeing it, but not actually reading what's said about the update.

What about the people that aren't in on the joke, and just see their frustrations being mocked?

First we teach you the secret handshake and then we let you in on the jokes, babysteps. ;)

Attacking midfielders with Attack duty don't return in defense enough, is it a known issue and going to be addressed in the next patch? Particularly central ones, wide ones were like this from the beginning of time.

P.S. Please restrain from recommending support duty.

It is a known issue. The defensive behaviour of Attack Duty AML/R was successfully fixed in the last update and the central positions are the next target.

I've always thought it a good idea when joining a new forum to do a good bit of reading before making that first post which could well define my future in said forum :) especially wise to try and pick up on the "in" jokes too.

Ah well, guess Mods had better stop joking and just infract people :(

I'd like to see a screenshot from that. Especially about Vrasalko and Consigli I have doubts, as it's near impossible to have a newly joined player wanting to leave after a couple of days.

Zaza and Berardi are possible, as they are much above the (database) level of Sassuolo. So if they renewed in real life they must have reasons for that, I suppose it's a big pay rise and possible a release clause. So don't overestimate a contract reneweal: In my favourite club Fiorentina IRL Juan Cuadrado renewed his contract just 2 months before being sold to Chelsea.

Also bear in mind, that in game they usually don't state that they want to leave, but that they want an offer from a certain club accepted IF such an offer appears. It's certainly fair to think that Zaza or Berardi would say in real life ("If Juventus / Roma (or whoever it was) make an offer, I want to leave. Otherwise I'll happily stay"). Media just doen'st get to know these conversations.

EDIT: Oh and what about RvN's manager reputation? If it is too low it can have serious consequences on all those things

To be more specific, Zaza was co-owned by Juventus and Sassuolo. Sassuolo bought Juventus half (with a sort of buy-back price for Juventus of 15M € or so, which is not currently in the database) and renewed Zaza's contract. Berardi's co-ownership was renewed and Berardi's contract extended on the player's explicit request (or so they say). These particular four players shouldn't want to leave Sassuolo. It's not necessarily a problem with the game mechanics, maybe something went wrong on database level, and there are other factors to consider of course, but in theory they all should be very happy to stay, at least in the first season.

They've all decided to stay now, but are expecting to be sold.

Also not to beat a dead horse but these instant reply goals are getting annoying. There's no real life stat that can back this amount of "instant reply" goals scored every few games.

1.jpg

They've all decided to stay now, but are expecting to be sold.

Also not to beat a dead horse but these instant reply goals are getting annoying. There's no real life stat that can back this amount of "instant reply" goals scored every few games.

1.jpg

The game ends 7-3 with a total of 54 shots and 'instant reply' goals are your biggest whinge. Ok then.

Why do other teams think my first team players are available for loan? Is it a known issue? Keep getting loan offers for pretty much all of them.

Why do other teams think my first team players are available for loan? Is it a known issue? Keep getting loan offers for pretty much all of them.

Squad status? If they are set to hot prospect in particular, you will get lots of loan offers even when they are playing regularly.

Squad status? If they are set to hot prospect in particular, you will get lots of loan offers even when they are playing regularly.

Ranging from backup to first team.