Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.2.1

It is a better game, but there are still serious issues with it. There tend to be issues each version, but there are some particularly jarring ones this time around, and despite reassurances that fixes would be made when they're ready, after such a long time waiting for anything, it now comes across as a wait for the Winter Update for any fixes. I guess the main frustration is the massive wait between patches with serious issues still standing.

Ultimately though every game in long running series will be criticised during this time of their development cycle. The general rule for Civilization games for example is that they're the worst possible game ever, a terrible abomination, a stain on the series' fine name, until the next one comes along, as it isn't fit to carry on the legacy of that wonderful, once in a generation game.

But I could see the complaint there if it was suddenly different to how it's always been, but it isn't. This is exactly the strategy they always employ. There have always been "major" (that's subjective) bugs in every edition, and if they are found between December and February, then they're usually fixed in the spring update. The only thing that changes between versions is whether or not these "major" bugs have much of an effect on you.

Ultimately though every game in long running series will be criticised during this time of their development cycle. The general rule for Civilization games for example is that they're the worst possible game ever, a terrible abomination, a stain on the series' fine name, until the next one comes along, as it isn't fit to carry on the legacy of that wonderful, once in a generation game.

Going off-topic, but Civ promoting Beyond Earth as anything other than a reskinned Civ V, let alone as a modern day Alpha Centauri, was scandalous. That really is a stain on the series' fine name.

Going off-topic, but Civ promoting Beyond Earth as anything other than a reskinned Civ V, let alone as a modern day Alpha Centauri, was scandalous. That really is a stain on the series' fine name.

Absolutely furious with Beyond Earth. I trusted them on it, preordered it and was ultimately burned. It was at best a decent mod with some effort put into the assets. Oh well, I really shouldn't be stupid enough to preorder things in this digital and age.

Let's keep this on topic please.

Let's keep this on topic please.

I have been told I'm not allowed to post on the topic I wish to post about.

Speaking of which, how likely is 15.2.2 to ever exist? Are we likely to see the next patch being 15.3.0?

I have been told I'm not allowed to post on the topic I wish to post about.

Speaking of which, how likely is 15.2.2 to ever exist? Are we likely to see the next patch being 15.3.0?

You are allowed to if you can post constructively. You should already know by now we don't pre-announce when updates will be.

You are allowed to if you can post constructively. You should already know by now we don't pre-announce when updates will be.

I have tried to be constructive on that topic, but it appears any mention is simply deemed "spam" at this point, as "it's already been talked about". No responses to most posts on the topic are forthcoming, and the posts themselves are deleted simply for mentioning it. In this regard I think "constructive" needs to be defined a bit better on here, because at this point it appears to be "topics that are convenient".

I didn't ask for when, I was just wondering if it really is a case at this point that there simply won't be a 15.2.2. I get that nobody wants to accidentally say something like "there will be a 15.2.2", only for it to get canned and rolled into 15.3.0, but I'm not asking "is it 100% guaranteed that we'll have 15.2.2 in 9 hours, 27 minutes and 17 seconds?!!?!!1!", I'm just asking if there is any chance at all that there will be a 15.2.2. I completely understand that 15.2.2 could still be on the cards, but could be rolled into 15.3.0, and I also completely understand that SI may have already decided that the next update rolled out will be 15.3.0 as they may not want to release an update that will need possible bug testing and further fixes with the big 15.3.0 coming in the next month. Basically, what I'm wondering is if it's to the point now that all attention has turned to 15.3.0 and if 15.2.2 is pretty much ruled out, not if there will 100% be a 15.2.2.

I have tried to be constructive on that topic, but it appears any mention is simply deemed "spam" at this point, as "it's already been talked about". No responses to most posts on the topic are forthcoming, and the posts themselves are deleted simply for mentioning it. In this regard I think "constructive" needs to be defined a bit better on here, because at this point it appears to be "topics that are convenient".

I didn't ask for when, I was just wondering if it really is a case at this point that there simply won't be a 15.2.2. I get that nobody wants to accidentally say something like "there will be a 15.2.2", only for it to get canned and rolled into 15.3.0, but I'm not asking "is it 100% guaranteed that we'll have 15.2.2 in 9 hours, 27 minutes and 17 seconds?!!?!!1!", I'm just asking if there is any chance at all that there will be a 15.2.2. I completely understand that 15.2.2 could still be on the cards, but could be rolled into 15.3.0, and I also completely understand that SI may have already decided that the next update rolled out will be 15.3.0 as they may not want to release an update that will need possible bug testing and further fixes with the big 15.3.0 coming in the next month. Basically, what I'm wondering is if it's to the point now that all attention has turned to 15.3.0 and if 15.2.2 is pretty much ruled out, not if there will 100% be a 15.2.2.

Ever consider that they might not actually know themselves?

I think common sense should tell you that the next update we'll get would be the transfer window one given it usually happens end of Feb/Beginning of March each year.

Basically, what I'm wondering is if it's to the point now that all attention has turned to 15.3.0 and if 15.2.2 is pretty much ruled out, not if there will 100% be a 15.2.2.

Nobody could tell you even that for certain, if an interim update becomes viable and is deemed important enough to make it worth releasing immediately they'd do it.

The goal posts for that are in constant motion though so discussing it goes nowhere.

Ever consider that they might not actually know themselves?

There is literally no way they can't know themselves (SI). Lucas Weatherby mightn't know what's going on with patching, but this isn't a question that can lack an answer. It's either:

- They've ruled out any more patches prior to 15.3.0

- They haven't ruled out any more patches prior to 15.3.0

I think common sense should tell you that the next update we'll get would be the transfer window one given it usually happens end of Feb/Beginning of March each year.

Hence asking.

Nobody could tell you even that for certain, if an interim update becomes viable and is deemed important enough to make it worth releasing immediately they'd do it.

The goal posts for that are in constant motion though so discussing it goes nowhere.

As above, that is the question. It's not asking for a when, it's not asking for a guarantee. I'm just curious if they've gotten to the point that they've decided against other patches prior to 15.3.0 (which judging by the length of time since the last patch seems almost certain at this point).

The reason I'm curious, is that if they're still working 'on the problem that shall not be named' at this point, and still can't fix it, but would release 15.2.2 if and when they did, then it getting closer to 15.3.0 without it being released suggests that this problem is extremely serious and may not even be fixed for 15.3.0. However, if they've just rolled that issue into the "for 15.3.0" list, then that is less of a worry, as it may well already be fixed, and they've just gone "not worth 15.2.2 just for that".

There is literally no way they can't know themselves (SI). Lucas Weatherby mightn't know what's going on with patching, but this isn't a question that can lack an answer. It's either:

Or, and it's important you understand this...

- they haven't committed either way, even internally

Like Kriss says, they might end up hot-fixing something if they deem it necessary, rather than wait 2, 3, 4 weeks until they release the main one. Development is quite a fluid thing, much as it'll amaze you.

Or, and it's important you understand this...

- they haven't committed either way, even internally

Like Kriss says, they might end up hot-fixing something if they deem it necessary, rather than wait 2, 3, 4 weeks until they release the main one. Development is quite a fluid thing, much as it'll amaze you.

You can't have a "maybe" to a Boolean function, as much as it'll amaze you. Now, it's important that you understand this:

The case that they "haven't decided" is that they haven't ruled out any more patches prior to 15.3.0.

That is the basis of the entire question, is it the case that they have entirely ruled it out, or is it as you say a "well they might end up hotfixing something".

That's just how it works. When something is ready, it is released. We don't do give public deadlines so it's nothing to do with whether I know something or not.

There is no discussion here, when it is ready it will be released. There will be a Winter Transfer Window Update, as there has always been. When? When it's ready :brock:

Really can't be any clearer than that.

Aye, but you could be clearer by mentioning whether there is any mention of a mention of an update. It is truly important that we must know this, because it reeeeally matters :rolleyes:

For everyone else, there'll be an update when there's an update.

it'll be out when its out - does it matter what its numbered? talk about a dog with a bone.....

it'll be out when its out - does it matter what its numbered? talk about a dog with a bone.....

Well yes, I gave the reason why earlier as well.

That's just how it works. When something is ready, it is released. We don't do give public deadlines so it's nothing to do with whether I know something or not.

There is no discussion here, when it is ready it will be released. There will be a Winter Transfer Window Update, as there has always been. When? When it's ready :brock:

Really can't be any clearer than that.

Okay.

A slightly different question. Is the "issue that shall not be named" likely to be fixed for the Winter Transfer Update?

Well yes, I gave the reason why earlier as well.

Okay.

A slightly different question. Is the "issue that shall not be named" likely to be fixed for the Winter Transfer Update?

Yes, if it isn't fixed sooner ;) though "likely" to be" is the most definitive answer you'll get atm.

Russian transfer window is going to finish after 21 days. Can the update out before?

It has to be incorporated into the update, so no.

I very much enjoyed the latest news from my game that my English team I had been invited to tour Spain. I had loaned 3-4 excellent young Spanish players in the two seasons prior to the current one, and so I thought it was a nice touch that the game linked that history to the tour invite (at least I assume it did). Well done.

Apologies if this has been asked before, but are SI looking at finishing for the next update?

I'm getting increasingly frustrated seeing my team create 10-15 scoring chances per game but continually spurn the simplest of chances, ranging from tap-in opportunities that they literally pass into the keeper's hands or free headers in the centre of the six yard box that seem to always go over the cross bar. The issue doesn't discriminate; I've had players with high attributes in Finishing, Composure and Decisions, in good form, motivated and with high morale be incapable of putting the ball in the goal.

I appreciate that I'll get the odd game where the finishing isn't the best, but it seems to happen too often.

Is this game scripted?

First off I started a game, Didn't sign anyone, But did everything else the tactics etc. I lose every game.

Started again, This time signed my first player did the tactics, Training atc again, Thought I know whats gonna happen, My best player will get injured as I make this signing, What Happens? Oh you guessed It 4 to 5 month's out.

Happens all the time, It's gotta be scripted or some kind of bug, Because It's farcical.

Apologies if this has been asked before, but are SI looking at finishing for the next update?

I'm getting increasingly frustrated seeing my team create 10-15 scoring chances per game but continually spurn the simplest of chances, ranging from tap-in opportunities that they literally pass into the keeper's hands or free headers in the centre of the six yard box that seem to always go over the cross bar. The issue doesn't discriminate; I've had players with high attributes in Finishing, Composure and Decisions, in good form, motivated and with high morale be incapable of putting the ball in the goal.

I appreciate that I'll get the odd game where the finishing isn't the best, but it seems to happen too often.

Short answer is yes, you'll see many changes in the match engine I'm sure, just about every aspect has been "looked at" don't even ask for elaboration on that :)

My biggest gripe is the columns, if you try to add or remove a column the spaces/column sizes get all crazy on me. I always change the columns so I can see what I feel is important at a glance, though I am to scared to touch them right now.

Please is this getting fixed in the next update?

When it's ready, which is usually sometime this month or next.

In my opinion the update almost surely will come in march, given that the Russian & more eastern countries transfer period closes on 28th february.

Hey guys do you think that bug that makes intire legue withaut an ability to sell players is big enogh for hot fix

or it can wait for the big update?

Hey guys do you think that bug that makes intire legue withaut an ability to sell players is big enogh for hot fix

or it can wait for the big update?

I hope..

Its about time that SI give us a new patch with good ME

Noticing unrealistic manager movements in my save. Real Madrid just finished 6th so they don't have CL. AVB gets sacked from Zenit and that's who they hire? Why would AVB be the man to bring them back to CL if he got sacked from Zenit :confused:

In my opinion the update almost surely will come in march, given that the Russian & more eastern countries transfer period closes on 28th february.

It closes on the 27th. The update is usually released Late Feb/Early March.

There is 2 month that i not playing couse i cant sell players after the path that made big bug

there is only 10 motnh left antil fm16

how much time i need to wait more

There is 2 month that i not playing couse i cant sell players after the path that made big bug

there is only 10 motnh left antil fm16

how much time i need to wait more

Whilst I understand your issue its not like there aren't 50 other countries you could manage in.

There is also no reason that you have to buy FM16 on release, there is plenty of time for you to play FM15 even after the last patch.

50 other countries what if the bug wos in engladnd italy or spain??

But it isn't.

Its in a minority country where only a small % of users manage in, if it was in a country that more users managed in it would probably be a bigger priority. We also don't know how much of an issue it is and how easy or difficult it is to fix. Given that SI didn't release a hotfix for it I would speculate its not an easy fix.

Aside from that given that its 7th Feb now we are highly unlikely to see a hotfix at this stage with a main update expected in the next six weeks.

One, it isn't, and two, it would probably be fixed in around the same time frame as it will be now.

A few FMs ago, Italy had a huge bug with the tax that made the country unplayable for more than a few seasons.

It took a while to fix. So your point is invalid.

Two pieces of game transfer logic that I hate:

1. The AI sometimes negotiates in reverse, raising their initial sale price instead of keeping it the same or lowering it when you bid for one of their players.

2. Agents sometimes charge non-negotiable fees that are much bigger than the actual wage of their player.

A few FMs ago, Italy had a huge bug with the tax that made the country unplayable for more than a few seasons.

It took a while to fix. So your point is invalid.

Wasn't just Italy was it? I remember there being a tax bug that affected any clubs making profit (I think when they made a profit they were taxed twice), took until the first big patch to be fixed if I recall.

I also remember a bug where the game would crash on a particular date if you had Italy loaded (might have been one of their lower leagues).

I'm starting to feel that the reputation system needs to be completely redone. I'm being approached by first-team players asking to leave back-to-back league runners-up and reigning Europeans Cup holders Arsenal to join Manchester City, who've finished 9th - 5th - 5th - 9th in the last five years and are currently 17th in December 2018. And it's damned odd that none of Nastasic, Bernard, Jese, Nasri, Vela or any of the other capable players in the primes of their careers are agitating to leave a City team that isn't really going anywhere. City aren't in the top 25 of the world rep rankings.

Meanwhile, Granada are the 4th most reputable team in the world after finishing 2nd - 10th - 3rd - 3rd in La Liga. That's, uh, four spots ahead of Juventus, who at the close of the current season will have won their 8th consecutive Serie A. As recently as 2016, Juve were European champions; Granada have competed in the group stage in 2015, 2017 and 2018 and finished 3rd, 4th, 3rd. And they're one spot ahead of United, four ahead of Juve, six ahead of Arsenal, seven ahead of EPL champions Chelsea and 9 ahead of 2016/17 EPL winners Liverpool.

Real Sociedad, who haven't finished above 5th in La Liga or made it past the first knockout round in the EURO Cup, are ahead of OL, who finished 3rd in France last season, made it to the first knockout round of the Champions League in 2017 and won the EURO Cup in 2016. Sociedad are also ahead of Monaco, who've had two runners-up finishes in France in three seasons to go with a Champions League semifinal appearance.

If you have any saves before the interest from City situation can you please start a thread in the bugs forumas that doesn;t suond right & could do with investigating, as for Grenada & Real Sociedad are either or both of them being funded by a tycoon?

I'm starting to feel that the reputation system needs to be completely redone. I'm being approached by first-team players asking to leave back-to-back league runners-up and reigning Europeans Cup holders Arsenal to join Manchester City, who've finished 9th - 5th - 5th - 9th in the last five years and are currently 17th in December 2018. And it's damned odd that none of Nastasic, Bernard, Jese, Nasri, Vela or any of the other capable players in the primes of their careers are agitating to leave a City team that isn't really going anywhere. City aren't in the top 25 of the world rep rankings.

Meanwhile, Granada are the 4th most reputable team in the world after finishing 2nd - 10th - 3rd - 3rd in La Liga. That's, uh, four spots ahead of Juventus, who at the close of the current season will have won their 8th consecutive Serie A. As recently as 2016, Juve were European champions; Granada have competed in the group stage in 2015, 2017 and 2018 and finished 3rd, 4th, 3rd. And they're one spot ahead of United, four ahead of Juve, six ahead of Arsenal, seven ahead of EPL champions Chelsea and 9 ahead of 2016/17 EPL winners Liverpool.

Real Sociedad, who haven't finished above 5th in La Liga or made it past the first knockout round in the EURO Cup, are ahead of OL, who finished 3rd in France last season, made it to the first knockout round of the Champions League in 2017 and won the EURO Cup in 2016. Sociedad are also ahead of Monaco, who've had two runners-up finishes in France in three seasons to go with a Champions League semifinal appearance.

What did they say exactly? I've seen a couple of players say they want to leave because "[Club] can pay big wages" (or words to that effect). It might be a case that they meant that. They didn't want to go to Man City because they're the better team, they wanted to go to Man City because they wanted to be like Cashly.

Something I wish SI would put into this game is this: I just offered a player out for loan and 50 clubs offered. Some teams are offer him to be a cover for the first team, some are offering him to be a first teamer and others are offering him to be a valuable first teamer. I wish there was a filter to filter out/in the different squad role offers. For this guy, I want to filter out all the "cover for first team", or maybe even just show the clubs that are offering him to be a "valuable first teamer"

If you have any saves before the interest from City situation can you please start a thread in the bugs forumas that doesn;t suond right & could do with investigating, as for Grenada & Real Sociedad are either or both of them being funded by a tycoon?

As far as the City situation, it's a squad status thing. Both of the players who've asked are set as backups, even though they've started about 75% of games this season. So I don't think it's a bug - I didn't realize they had backup status when I posted. Presumably they're reacting to the squad status and not to the playing time.

Looking at the Landmarks->All screens for Real Sociedad and Granada, neither one have been taken over.

my last 5 match scores: 4-2, 4-6, 4-5, 4-2, 7-1. Sport interactive testing new NHL engine???

my last 5 match scores: 4-2, 4-6, 4-5, 4-2, 7-1. Sport interactive testing new NHL engine???

Do you play an attacking style of football?