Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.2.1

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Of course you are, your team is winning. This is what happens.

Your results in the first season with WBA tell me the game is far from 'fixed'. Berhaino scoring 16 goals in 11 games is ridiculous, as is beating Arsenal 5-1 away. All this tells me is that the ME is now more exploitable than it was before, which is kinda sad, as there wasn't much wrong with it before.

But hey, you're winning so why care, eh?

Its only a 442 with 7 team instructions. What do you want me to do....... lose on purpose?

Was going well before to be honest.

Too high scores.A lot of goals after corners.I believe that M.E. was better before the update

I've not noticed either of these, my scores seem low/regular (what I'd expect) and I've noticed a reduction in corners goals (played to penalty spot) after the update.

The edtior is harder to use then what it was yesterday with all of the bold words and other words covering each other when using it

Check the Bugs Forum- I reported it a while back, and there is now a fix for this.

Sad to see that the female names issue still hasn't had any love. *sadface*

SI's attempts to try and piece together a playable and realistic match engine are becoming ever increasingly laughable at each and every sorry attempt.........First game with new ME, 17 clear cut chances :lol:[/url]

Given the disastrous interpretation of a 4-4-2 you posted in the tactics forum a day or two ago, can we assume that your observations here are from a more sound tactical footing, or are you still doing weird and illogical stuff?

It is well established that user input into matches can influence the way a match pans out (as it should) and, well, your track record......

owCelRC.png

@SI - I hope you can sort out the text color problems on alternative skin. where goalscorer text is in white :confused: Also hope ALT +F9 screenshot gets fixed as I cba to keep changing the game to windows mode every time :(

I'm loving the update, strikers can finish at last. Berahino 16 goals in 11 games :thup:

West Brom tearing it up, Lots of goals but I have an attacking tactic so would expect that.

NgjxKG9.jpg

Personally loving it.

Congratulations, but how typical that majority of people will love a patch if it finally makes it easy for them to win every single match ;)

However, I for one actually do not like to see a human player dominating the premiere league with WBA. It tells me only one thing about ME: It is easily exploitable. This is the reason why I always stay away from tactics forum. People tweak their tactics to death until they become unrealistically successful, and they think it is their tactical wisdom, whereas the success actually comes from the exploits in the ME.

Given the disastrous interpretation of a 4-4-2 you posted in the tactics forum a day or two ago, can we assume that your observations here are from a more sound tactical footing, or are you still doing weird and illogical stuff?

It is well established that user input into matches can influence the way a match pans out (as it should) and, well, your track record......

I wasn't doing too badly, things sort of did what I wanted them to strangely enough. So probably moved away from the wierd and illogical stuff that you speak off.

But after reloading I've without tactical adjustment turned my team into a 1996 Kevin Keegan set-up :D

Thanks SI, just what I always wanted.

Congratulations, but how typical that majority of people will love a patch if it finally makes it easy for them to win every single match ;)

However, I for one actually do not like to see a human player dominating the premiere league with WBA. It tells me only one thing about ME: It is easily exploitable. This is the reason why I always stay away from tactics forum. People tweak their tactics to death until they become unrealistically successful, and they think it is their tactical wisdom, whereas the success actually comes from the exploits in the ME.

I had a fairly easy start to the league, the only odd result was beating Chelsea but i was at home and that seems to help a lot on FM15. The league cup result at Arsenal was odd, we created equal chances, i took mine.

Just played Arsenal, Liverpool, Man City in a row in the league and lost them all if that makes you feel better.

Not sure how a standard 442 with basic roles and no play makers is exploiting anything.

Hi Neil and other SI folks,

Is there a reason why the Supplemental Draft still exists in FM's version of MLS? As I've mentioned in the Data Issues thread (most recently here), the final Supplemental Draft was in 2013. As of 2014 (that is, the start of FM15's playable MLS campaign), there is now only a single college draft: the new four-round SuperDraft. From my layman's viewpoint, it seems like a simple thing to just nix the dead draft from the code and expand the SuperDraft from 2 to 4 rounds. Since that hasn't happened, is there some greater hiccup that prevents this change from being made?

Alternatively, is this in the works for the winter transfer window patch?

It tells me only one thing about ME: It is easily exploitable. This is the reason why I always stay away from tactics forum. People tweak their tactics to death until they become unrealistically successful, and they think it is their tactical wisdom, whereas the success actually comes from the exploits in the ME.

I don't think this is true at all. Firstly, Mr U Rosler is a regular tactic sharer, which allows me to tar him with the brush of playing the game a lot. He will spend lots of time analysing how to get an optimum basic combination of Roles and Duties to work well in a general framework, but match management is another layer on top of that.

He's using a 4-4-2 which is inherently stronger on the flanks than in the middle, but defending of wide play is now much improved. As far as I've seen, there are no properly exploitable issues in this ME. Credit where it's due.

there are no properly exploitable issues in this ME. Credit where it's due.

So, a standard 4-4-2 lets WBA win 5-1 away at Arsenal in the first season, but it's not 'exploitable'? It's not exactly encouraging, is it? That sort of result really shouldn't be possible in season 1 in the game. He'll probably win the league or finish in the top 4 with the team too. This is nothing against Mr Rosler by the way, he's clearly good at it, it's more an observation on how the game needs more work IMO. That said, with it just being code and not actual real football, I suppose you'll never eradicate this.

In a related note, I've just clinched a 3rd straight promotion with Hereford, where I'll now be playing in League 1 next season. I have never managed this on any CM/FM in the past, not even the uber-easy FM12. I'm not even enjoying it that much now, as it doesn't feel real. It's disappointing it's been made so easy this year. FM14 had the perfect level of difficulty for me.

So far i have been going up and down with Burnley and finally in season 5 i think i might finish 12th with a Carling Cup run so happy with the game. Yes it may be my tactics but i find it enjoyable for what it is.

I have my moments like beating Chelsea on the opening day of the season then going 12 without winning but it part of the fun.

Maybe i might get there Coric and Ajer and Will Hughes are coming through nicely.

As for game play it ok there issues there always will be but it is playable well mine is and we don't score or concede to many either..

So, a standard 4-4-2 lets WBA win 5-1 away at Arsenal in the first season, but it's not 'exploitable'? It's not exactly encouraging, is it? That sort of result really shouldn't be possible in season 1 in the game. He'll probably win the league or finish in the top 4 with the team too. This is nothing against Mr Rosler by the way, he's clearly good at it, it's more an observation on how the game needs more work IMO. That said, with it just being code and not actual real football, I suppose you'll never eradicate this.

It depends what you want from a game. If you don't want reading of a match rewarded and prefer it rubber-banded into a world where Arsenal best WBA the majority of the time and human input is diluted, then you have a point. If an AI WBA beat AI Arsenal 5-1 on a regular basis, I'd be concerned. Ingenuity and invention should be rewarded in my opinion.

Can I just say a very big thank you. I have had every game since 93/94 demo and enjoyed them but for the last 2-3 years haven't been able to get into a game fully but FMC was really useful mode for the now busy gamer but lacked the training options so felt a little low-fat. This year those improvements have been great and it all works well.

ME has been the best so far and this new patch seems to fix all the major issues completely, played a couple of games and found scoring the sort of goals my tactic is designed for (through balls, quick attacking interplay down the middle) rather than having to 'hack' the tactic to engineer more crosses. Superb.

One little plea... Can we have the full analysis option on FMC pretty please. Would be useful for those who like to tweak the tactics more.

It probably doesn't feel like it from these boards sometimes, but for the silent majority it's an excellent game and I think you've done great to create a proper version for those of us who grew up with the game but have some real world pressures now.

Anyone can inform me please. Is there any improvement about far post crosses and bounce balls?

Yup big one. To me the ME currently is as close to football as it has ever been. Not saying there's no room for improvement ofcourse, but yeah no crosses to the wingers all the time etc :)

It depends what you want from a game. If you don't want reading of a match rewarded and prefer it rubber-banded into a world where Arsenal best WBA the majority of the time and human input is diluted, then you have a point. If an AI WBA beat AI Arsenal 5-1 on a regular basis, I'd be concerned. Ingenuity and invention should be rewarded in my opinion.

No, you're missing the point a bit. With a good tactic, and good decisions, of course it should be possible for WBA to beat Arsenal on a given occasion. What shouldn't be possible is that they can win 5-1 away to them in the first season given the relative quality of the respective squads. When have Arsenal ever conceded 5 goals at home in a league game to a side outwith the top teams? Never.

Years down the line when squads have changed and you've built a great side there then yes, absolutely, these scores should be possible. But I find it worrying this - and more - can be easily achieved with mediocre sides so early in the game. As Mr Rosler says, he's not exactly employing some super tactic. I find this more of an issue than goals from corners or keepers spilling shots.

No, you're missing the point a bit. With a good tactic, and good decisions, of course it should be possible for WBA to beat Arsenal on a given occasion. What shouldn't be possible is that they can win 5-1 away to them in the first season given the relative quality of the respective squads. When have Arsenal ever conceded 5 goals at home in a league game to a side outwith the top teams? Never.

Years down the line when squads have changed and you've built a great side there then yes, absolutely, these scores should be possible. But I find it worrying this - and more - can be easily achieved with mediocre sides so early in the game. As Mr Rosler says, he's not exactly employing some super tactic. I find this more of an issue than goals from corners or keepers spilling shots.

It's also Capital One cup - so unlikely Arsenal fielded a full strength side. If WBA were playing well and full strength v youth team arsenal and it went right it could be a reasonable result.

If you're finding the game good then great, otherwise, why worry about someone elses game.

You know where the bugs forum is if there's evidence it's an issue, do remember though that it's still a game and as such can throw up anomalies.

To correct an error they'll need evidence one exists and that will need some serious research to prove absolutely.

In a related note, I've just clinched a 3rd straight promotion with Hereford, where I'll now be playing in League 1 next season. I have never managed this on any CM/FM in the past, not even the uber-easy FM12. I'm not even enjoying it that much now, as it doesn't feel real. It's disappointing it's been made so easy this year. FM14 had the perfect level of difficulty for me.

I second this. Since the past two updates it's been getting easier and easier. I thought the balance was perfect in the Beta, not too hard, not too easy, I felt like I had to work hard to win but it was very enjoyable. Now I'm unbeaten in the league in late February, went on a 41 match unbeaten run in all competitions and a crazy winning streak of 24 matches and have only lost two games all season. Far too easy imo. (all as Arsenal, season 2018/19). Now this tactic I use could be very good (it's not mine, save for some minor tweaks) but these results just shouldn't be possible, no matter how great it is. It's too exploitable, even if you take away the slightly high amount of goals from corners I'd still be winning every game.

Thinking about trying LLM for a bit and hope they make it more challenging in a future patch.

I second this. Since the past two updates it's been getting easier and easier. I thought the balance was perfect in the Beta, not too hard, not too easy, I felt like I had to work hard to win but it was very enjoyable. Now I'm unbeaten in the league in late February, went on a 41 match unbeaten run in all competitions and a crazy winning streak of 24 matches and have only lost two games all season. Far too easy imo. (all as Arsenal, season 2018/19). Now this tactic I use could be very good (it's not mine, save for some minor tweaks) but these results just shouldn't be possible, no matter how great it is. It's too exploitable, even if you take away the slightly high amount of goals from corners I'd still be winning every game.

Thinking about trying LLM for a bit and hope they make it more challenging in a future patch.

The same Arsenal who had an unbeaten season IRL?

I don't think this is true at all. Firstly, Mr U Rosler is a regular tactic sharer, which allows me to tar him with the brush of playing the game a lot. He will spend lots of time analysing how to get an optimum basic combination of Roles and Duties to work well in a general framework, but match management is another layer on top of that.

He's using a 4-4-2 which is inherently stronger on the flanks than in the middle, but defending of wide play is now much improved. As far as I've seen, there are no properly exploitable issues in this ME. Credit where it's due.

I have played only 2 matches with the new patch, therefore I don't have an opinion one way or another. I hope you are right, because I hate benefiting from exploits, even if unknowingly. It also results in some AI teams overachieving because of the ME favoring some particular formations and role combinations.

My comment to Rosler's post was actually a general observation, for I had no idea even what kind of formation he was using. However, just because he is using a flat 4-4-2 doesn't necessarily mean that he is not exploiting the ME, even though unknowingly. I understand though that some combination of roles SHOULD give you better results, not because of an exploit, but because it is the right thing to do. But when I see WBA dominating the premiere league in the first season of the game, it is a little fishy to be honest.

You know where the bugs forum is if there's evidence it's an issue, do remember though that it's still a game and as such can throw up anomalies.

To correct an error they'll need evidence one exists and that will need some serious research to prove absolutely.

I don't think there's any specific issue you could target for fixing this other than putting more emphasis on player attributes, and slightly less on tactics, but then that opens up its own problems, so yeah, it's difficult.

Overall, if I was a sceptical individual, I'd suggest the game has deliberately been made easier to boost sales. Look how popular FM12 was, for example. Just sayin'.

It's all relative, for a lot of people FM 13 onwards have been more and more difficult. LLM certainly seems more difficult, barring when you lead a club with healthy finances, like the aforementioned Hereford.

Hereford's finances are certainly not 'healthy', it's more the stupid board giving you way more to spend than they can afford. I'm going to find the true cost of this in League 1 next season, I fancy.

Overall, if I was a sceptical individual, I'd suggest the game has deliberately been made easier to boost sales. Look how popular FM12 was, for example. Just sayin'.

There's only so many times will people will listen to the phrase 'it's your tactics' before they stop buying the game altogether :)

About time some sort of 'hardcore' mode was introduced. Hey we already have FM Classic, so why not? :)

My thought exactly.. Nothing against a particular user. If you are finishing the league with WBA in your first season, it can only mean two things:

1- there is an exploit, no matter what the formation is, or whether it is the user's intent or not

2- the game is too easy - this was a big issue in FM12, if I remember correctly, that the morale was way too effective, so that if you start the season well, even with the weakest team in the league, nobody could hold you back the rest of the season. Same goes for AI controlled teams too, of course, not just for users. So, it makes the game too easy for some users, and too difficult for some others, who happened to have a poor start to the season and could never recover from it. So you get people complaining that the game is too easy, but also some complaining it is too hard.Exactly what we had in FM12.

Forget it, if that was ever an aim they'd do it far more simply, SI's aim has and always will be to make the game as realistic as possible and then let the cards fall according to your skills.

It'll need huge advances in technology to make that aim even close to realistic, nevertheless that is the aim.

Archived