Sports Interactive Community
Neil Brock

Official Football Manager 2015 Feedback Thread 15.2.1

I think the regen creation in general is pretty great (and stronger than it's ever been), but seeing one dimensional target men and defensive midfielders with like a 2 for bravery and aggression is a little offputting. There's no one in the original database like that. If you're a player whose only skill is either heading or tackling, you will probably be "brave" as the game defines it.

While not disagreeing, I continue to think there are too many attacking regens and too few defensive ones. In an Ajax save in 2015, I came up with 2 AMCs for every DM, 3 AMRs for every LB and 3.6 AMLs for every RB. In 2018 with Arsenal, it's 2 AMCs per DM, 2.2 AMR to LB and 3.2 AML to RB (and 1.2 ST to 1 DC, for completeness. I coun ted all players with >160 PA). So I guess thinking about it it could be that the original database is slanted towards attackers and that slowly works itself out over time. There are 4 LBs in my game with >180 PA, three regens; there are 12 AMRs with >180 PA and only 2 are regens. There's 1 RB meeting that criteria, and he's a regen; 16 AMLs, five regens.

ok getting fed up of players falling over in attacking positions and defenders flapping their arms around instead of defending.

You're a Manchester United fan, you should be used to this sort of stuff :)

You're a Manchester United fan, you should be used to this sort of stuff :)

no, Man Utd doesn't have defenders, we have evans :p

More curious how something like this can eve happen.

It's impressive none the less, I mean the man got a manager of the year award with only 1 game won.

Alkorta wasn't managing any other team during that year?

Is there a major bug issue with International call ups in both full fat and FMC? I know my Winston Reid being with New Zealand for half a season is a known issue but I now have purchased two Argentinian players and a Brazilian and all are on International duty right through the summer of 2016 I am assuming at a World Cup Qualifying section unless it is some sort of Junior Tournament. However the last match was 26th June and the next match is scheduled for 2nd September with all three players apparently due back on 20th August yet they have been away all summer. Surely this isn't right?

Is there a major bug issue with International call ups in both full fat and FMC? I know my Winston Reid being with New Zealand for half a season is a known issue but I now have purchased two Argentinian players and a Brazilian and all are on International duty right through the summer of 2016 I am assuming at a World Cup Qualifying section unless it is some sort of Junior Tournament. However the last match was 26th June and the next match is scheduled for 2nd September with all three players apparently due back on 20th August yet they have been away all summer. Surely this isn't right?

I assume they are playing in the Olympic Games in Rio.

I assume they are playing in the Olympic Games in Rio.

You Sir are a genius... I will now run to wish list thread and ask for the name of the International Competition to be added to the info when you hover over the INT box!!!

Media needs more work. I get this a lot when I am at a small club but am doing well. I am top of the table and seven points clear of second place:

vT6VlL.png

I do not have a save before this unfortunately.

Very annoying, God knows what criteria it uses to generate stuff like that, even FMC isn't entirely free of bizarre conversations :(

Media needs more work. I get this a lot when I am at a small club but am doing well. I am top of the table and seven points clear of second place:

vT6VlL.png

I do not have a save before this unfortunately.

Wouldna be so bad if there was an option like "That's a ridiculous question, of course we'll stay up". I think that's true for a lot of the questions, though.

Lots of goal scoring in the U21s at the moment. The last round of fixtures had two 3-0s, two 4-0s, a 3-2, two 2-1s, a 2-2 and an 8-5. The round before that had a 5-0, a 4-1, an 0-3, four 2-1s and a 2-2. In the full U-21 league across both groups in England, there have been 21 1-0 results and 7 0-0s from August 2017 to end April 2018. In that same time period in the same league, a team has scored three goals in a match 93 times. There have been twice as many 4-0 results as 0-0s.

I would have brought this up earlier but I only just noticed it when my Assistant Manager brought me news of Arsenal U-21s 8-5 victory over Brighton.

Just eyeballing it, fixtures in the U-18s look a little bit lower, but not much. Lots of 3 and 4 nils in there, and quite a few 3-2s or 2-2s as well.

Very annoying, God knows what criteria it uses to generate stuff like that, even FMC isn't entirely free of bizarre conversations :(

Presumably reputation and media prediction.

Sorry for the post (i know it's annoying), but can someone give me an estimation about when the update will be released, to save me from checking every day ?

I looked in the thread for similar questions and couldn't find them.

Middle of march ?

really not sure if this has been said - but I am have noticed there are a lot more transfers during the windows than usual.

Big teams stock piling players etc - I know this does tend to happen IRL but I do think there are slightly too many in game (well in my long term save anyway)

after doing some searching of the main clubs - actually it isn't too bad they are buying but selling a lot of players too. Maybe its just my perception. I do like clubs to try and work with the players they have rather than throwing money at things

but man utd have spent £90m + most seasons

There is no set date for the next update. It is typically late February to early March.

Thanks !

Happy to report the central midfield bunching has greatly improved in my save. My main gripe now is the lack of bookings. It's not just my games as a quick look at the referee stats shows average bookings at around 0.5 bookings per game. The average IRL is around 4 bookings per game.

its way too easy.

Ai controlled teams, year by year have a smaller and smaller u-19 team and the same goes for reserves.

10 years in, almost every team has no u19 players. These u-19 players also play for the reserves generally.

The reserves are also slimmed down, but as they have u-19 players and fringe 1 teamers, that isnt as obvious, but the numbers are once again down

From roughly 15-20 u-19 players and 10 years in 1,2 or 3 u-19

Also the first teams- almost all across the board, have 3-5 young players in it, and while that is okay, it seems a bit over the top, that players at the age of 15-18 represents between10-15% of the first team.

I dont konow what is going on, but it seems like players are being sold as such a high pace, that the teams have no possibility to keep up.

If there are 3-5 players in the first team under 18, 5 plauers in the reserves under 18 and 1 or 2 in the u squad, it seems as if there are enough talent, but as the ai have no clue how to develop talent and the "original cast memebers of the db" are moved on, the next generation cant compete.

We can discuss the semantics of gamebreaking, but if you are looking to have a game going, with yopur local team and you live in smallish/mediumsized country, then this is a game breaker. It completely ruins the experience ican have, playing as my local team.

Perhaps its about time, that si hardcode something into the Ai and its "thought"-proces. The ai could definelty need a bit of human intelligence and commin sense. As it isnow, the ai has to much room to fail. Perhaps make the room for ai failures a bit narrower. We - the players- had a lot of freedom taken away with the tc, so why not give the ai some human PED`S and lets have a competetive game.

during this time period FM 14 was way more clean, realistic, less flawed then 15.

15 seems to random, and don't let me start between the difference in number of goals per game compared to FM 14.

this year feels like an arcade, and the reason this year is like this is because SI deny all the complaints as trivial nonsense rather then actually doing something about it. and this thread will probably be deleted because of the strict rule of "do not post your view if it is not positive."

during this time period FM 14 was way more clean, realistic, less flawed then 15.

15 seems to random, and don't let me start between the difference in number of goals per game compared to FM 14.

this year feels like an arcade, and the reason this year is like this is because SI deny all the complaints as trivial nonsense rather then actually doing something about it. and this thread will probably be deleted because of the strict rule of "do not post your view if it is not positive."

And this time next year, the same will be said about FM15. Always the same.

I also love the "this will probably be deleted" attitude. Yeah, it probably will, given you've gone down the usual trope of thinking negative = bad. You'll find hundreds and hundreds of posts in every feedback topic that could be considered negative that put their points across well. SI have denied nothing.

Wow really? I got my comment deleted?

There wasn`t a single harsh word i just criticized de long periods of waiting for fixing small bugs, is that the new treatment in this forum?

I can be sure that my comment stay here if it is positive feedback, if i talk about the problems it is a matter of luck if it stay here or get deleted without any reason given?

That is weak very weak!

Icetuga, if your comment was deleted, it will not have fitted with the house rules, which can be found here: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/37-House-Rules-amp-Forum-Guidelines

I would suggest a read of the forum rules before posting again to ensure future posts are within the rules.

I am sorry but i still don`t see the reason for deleting my comment, and it wasn`t the first time that something got deleted for strange reasons.

It can`t be considered off topic either because i replied to a existing comment, and just said that it takes to long to fix small problems and that i learned my lesson for the next year version. That was it!? No harsh words, no needless picking on other users which are happy with the game.

If i can`t comment that i am not totally happy with the way things are done with the updates, write it on the first page or when i log in and i never make a comment again. At least i would know that i can save my time to write about the problems that i think this game still has.

why is there no up and down button when searching for players??? scrolling doesnt work either which makes it a pain in the butt.

You can select the row in the list and use the arrow keys on the keyboard to move up/down lists

"Scrolling doesn't work either", there's a couple of ways I can think of scrolling, how are you trying to scroll?

You can select the row in the list and use the arrow keys on the keyboard to move up/down lists

"Scrolling doesn't work either", there's a couple of ways I can think of scrolling, how are you trying to scroll?

For some reason sometimes when scrolling with the mouse scroll it looks like the list moves but when you stop you have the same players on screen despite the scroll bar being in a different position.

scrolling with laptop touch pad. it doesnt move at all. rarely it moves for a fraction of a second and then nothing. i have tried with kinectic scrolling ticked and unticked.

Should I give a new contract to this guy, who had a fantastic game, but played horribly?

He got a 5.8 rating after conceding a late penalty losing us the game.

The feedback here is that the two comments contradict each other, and that the agent wants an improved contract for a 5.8 performance.

New_contract.jpg

^ Tell him to **** off. Steer clear of advising him to sack his agent though, in my experience this never works and only serves to anger the player.

Why is the belgian lower league promotion system still not fixed ? (posted the problem in the bug forum , nobody answers) . This is a big problem for me .. i don't like the Belgian competition but playing a journeyman save... first season in november i was able to start with Tournai third division(16th in november- finished 2th) .. won the third period and received a message saying i'm one of the three teams that will be playing playoffs for promotion... in stead of me , teams from one or even two division lower played the playoff promotion games ??

Why is the belgian lower league promotion system still not fixed ? (posted the problem in the bug forum , nobody answers) . This is a big problem for me .. i don't like the Belgian competition but playing a journeyman save... first season in november i was able to start with Tournai third division(16th in november- finished 2th) .. won the third period and received a message saying i'm one of the three teams that will be playing playoffs for promotion... in stead of me , teams from one or even two division lower played the playoff promotion games ??

Not sure about your specific problem, but thanks for reporting it. You reported 3 weeks ago. Given that there hasn't been an update released, that's probably why it's "still" not fixed. The research team will be quite busy right now with all the updates, but they would have noticed, even if they didn't reply.

Keep a save, if you can, from before this issue occurs just in case SI need your save to be able to reproduce the issue.

Not sure about your specific problem, but thanks for reporting it. You reported 3 weeks ago. Given that there hasn't been an update released, that's probably why it's "still" not fixed. The research team will be quite busy right now with all the updates, but they would have noticed, even if they didn't reply.

Keep a save, if you can, from before this issue occurs just in case SI need your save to be able to reproduce the issue.

Good afternoon, thanks for the reply.

This problem/bug is reported a lot of times in the belgian issues topic, everbody had the same problem . So that is why i'm suprised it isn't solved yet.

Well - there hasn't been an update released since the question was asked.... or if there were updates released after the question was asked, then it's simply that the team didn't have a working model to put into game yet as it's taking longer to solve than anticipated.

Updates to the game are posted on the forums, keep an eye out, usually end Feb/start Mar for an update.

What is the official reason why whilst managing Barcelona (and Real Madrid) you can have an influence on the U19 squad

.. but not Barca B?

I wouldn't want to go as far as managing Barca B alongside the first team but I think you should be able to set up the training in the same way as you can the U19s.

FEEDBACK on the game, please everyone. Speculation about updates isn't useful and will be deleted.

Should I give a new contract to this guy, who had a fantastic game, but played horribly?

The feedback here is that the two comments contradict each other, and that the agent wants an improved contract for a 5.8 performance.

New_contract.jpg

I just had a player's agent demand a new contract for him after he literally gave away the title. We needed a win to keep ourselves top, with 3 games remaining. At 2-0 up he scored an own goal, gave the ball away for a second and then gave away a penalty. Apparently he'd "established himself in the first team" and as such, deserved a new contract.

We ended up missing out on the title by 1 point. To be honest he had a great season, but it was a terrible time to bring it up, particularly with 4 years remaining on his current deal.

In some home games my team plays with the 2nd or 3rd kit. How is this possible?

The way FM chooses kits can be dodgy. It's also possible that there was a color clash (or at least what the game perceives as a clash) with the other club's kits making your 2nd or 3rd kit "necessary."

The way FM chooses kits can be dodgy. It's also possible that there was a color clash (or at least what the game perceives as a clash) with the other club's kits making your 2nd or 3rd kit "necessary."
SI really should be able to sort it out somehow.

SI really should be able to sort it out somehow.

Happens in football sometimes too. This was considered a kit clash, but pretty clear enough to me: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B6wsaS5CQAA-AVW.jpg

Instead Port Vale ended up having to produce a third kit for a single game.

If you do have any examples with strange kit clashes, please report them to the bugs forum: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/447-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Well - there hasn't been an update released since the question was asked.... or if there were updates released after the question was asked, then it's simply that the team didn't have a working model to put into game yet as it's taking longer to solve than anticipated.

Updates to the game are posted on the forums, keep an eye out, usually end Feb/start Mar for an update.

That makes sence but i'm suprised that such a big bug (this is really a game braker !) isn't solved after it was reported from the release (beta) .

Still loving the game :)

If you do have any examples with strange kit clashes, please report them to the bugs forum: http://community.sigames.com/forumdisplay.php/447-Match-Engine-3D-and-Team-Talks

Hoo boy, do I have examples? I've been banging on in the wishlist thread for years about how the game doesn't pick up clashes.

http://community.sigames.com/showthread.php/419773-The-ongoing-problem-of-kit-clashes.?p=10166326#post10166326

People, please feel free to add your own examples there.

Player interaction is always a giggle in this game. Had a decent young striker want some games for the first team. He got them, was happy (stated as such) got injured and missed maybe ~10 games (injured for 4, unfit for 2, simply out of the picture for the other 4), then starting complaining again. This time I told him that he should be patience, the toys went out of the pram at a speed approaching the speed of light and his career now seems to be over. I'm not playing that whinger, and nobody wants him (don't blame them either). Promising player, but damn...

New_contract.jpg

Definitely bug report this.

I strongly disagree. 15 certainly isn't perfect but it's much better than 14 ever was, in my opinion.

I strongly disagree. 15 certainly isn't perfect but it's much better than 14 ever was, in my opinion.

It is a better game, but there are still serious issues with it. There tend to be issues each version, but there are some particularly jarring ones this time around, and despite reassurances that fixes would be made when they're ready, after such a long time waiting for anything, it now comes across as a wait for the Winter Update for any fixes. I guess the main frustration is the massive wait between patches with serious issues still standing.

Ultimately though every game in long running series will be criticised during this time of their development cycle. The general rule for Civilization games for example is that they're the worst possible game ever, a terrible abomination, a stain on the series' fine name, until the next one comes along, as it isn't fit to carry on the legacy of that wonderful, once in a generation game.